Start by marking “Dirty Ex-mas (Dirty Darlings #1)” as Want to Read:
Dirty Ex-mas (Dirty Darlings #1)

Dirty Ex-mas

(Dirty Darlings #1)

When your best friend asks you to cover for her, the answer is yes. Even if she is a contract killer.

The plan is simple: Sneak into the party, wait for the signal, shoot the bad guy, escape.

What she failed to specify is it’s an engagement party.

My target? The groom. Who happens to be my ex.

His best man? The one who got away. Did I mention he’s a Fed?

Now if I can just
Published December 2nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Dirty Ex-mas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dirty Ex-mas

Start your review of Dirty Ex-mas (Dirty Darlings #1)
Rochelle
Shelves: arcs
Another great story by Denise Wells. Loved Quinn and Reed as well as Mack and Daria. Th story was so good and it pulls you in from page one. Each character brings so much to the story that you won’t want it to end. I can’t wait to read the next book. I need to know how it ends.

I received an ARC of this book and I am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
Jaime Reynolds
This is one romantic suspense story that you shouldn’t pass up. The author has a knack for writing these stories that suck you in with characters that are unforgettable. The transition in each chapter from character to character is easy to follow with this story being told from multiple view points. I kept turning pages needing to know how it turns out only to find that it is a to be continued. I cannot wait to see what happens next with the story and characters.
Roxs Reads
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm thoroughly primed for more of these characters! The sexual tension was just TOO much! Quinn and Reed had me curling my toes with anticipation. The suspense mixed with slow-burning, sizzling attraction was awesome. Author Denise Wells is quite the tease. Mack and Daria are going to be explosive as well.

The book has an interesting storyline that probably crosses a few lines of reality and ethics but that's ok! It makes things fresh and new and provides new and intriguing plot lines that are
Christina Naugle
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love a good romantic suspense and this book delivered. It’s filled with great characters and a story that sucked me in from the start. It was a page turner and I couldn’t stop reading. I need to know what happens next. I’m ready for book 2!
Kelly Green
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Woah! Talk about an awesome lead in to what I am thinking will be a great story. And for at least 2 different couples. Dang! Reed and Quinn are going to kill me! I can feel it.... Daria and Mack are going to melt my Kindle. These 4 are going to make for some super interesting reading! An assassin, a want to be assassin, and 2 FBI agents all going after a Human Trafficking Ring. I can already feel the tension and action. I AM HERE FOR IT!!!
Vickie Beams
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg!!! I need the next book now!!! I absolutely love Quinn!! She is the greatest! I want a Reed of my own! This is such a great book! I can't wait to read the next book!!
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Cranky Stars

If you are looking for a fluffy Hallmark type Christmas book this isn’t it. While the setting is around Christmas time it’s more Die Hard mixed with Charlies Angels. FBI agents, vigilante justice and kidnappings are on the menu for Dirty Ex-Max yet It’s so much more there are crushes that no one wants to explore and one quirky heroine and a hot FBI agent who is more good cop to his partner Mack.

Quinn is down on her luck when she asks her dear friend for a job at her bar. She’s
Crissy
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
I might be in the minority here but I know that every book that I read will not be the one for me. I can only hope it is. Unfortunately, this one was not for me. The beginning of the story was interesting and I was excited to read more of it. However, the flow of the story started getting slow which in turn made it a bit boring. The characters were okay but I thought there was more chemistry between Daria and Mack than there was between Quinn and Reed. I found Quinn's character to be childish ...more
JoAnna G
Dec 03, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Well Rounded Read

This is a new author to me and a new series all in one. Now, I liked the book and the writer did well to set up a potentially good series. The book is short and very fast-paced and easy to read all wrapped into one. I just wanted more. This book is different than what I normally read. This was not what I was expecting at all and a good surprise for me. I was expecting a holiday book based on the title. Nope, that is not what I got. I got a suspenseful book with likable
Anne Donaldson
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
The premise of this book is fabulous, but, for me, the characters didn’t quite live up to their potential. There’s one thing though – it doesn’t take itself seriously and it is a much better read because of that. I did feel that Reed deserved better than Quinn who annoyed me, but perhaps that’s actually a writing strength; clearly I connected with these characters! If you enjoy quirky, not-the-norm characters and storylines that are unusual, you are likely to enjoy this book, and I would ...more
Within The Pages Book Blog
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Looking for a romantic suspense mixed with some humor, then look no further. The author has a knack for writing these stories that suck you in with characters that are unforgettable. The story is told from multiple points of view and the transition is almost flawless with the reader being able to understand which character is the focus. It is the first book in a series and I look forward to the next book to find out what happens next.
Lynn Stifle
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story had me pulled in right from the beginning! It had me turning the pages to see what would happen next. I loved all the characters, Quinn and Reed to Mack and Daria. This is a wonderful well written story, that holds your interest, the characters are imaginative, captivating, intriguing and with a sizzling attraction thrown in. I can't wait to read more and see what happens next with these characters! A definite must read I highly recommend it!
Jennifer Pierson
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HOLY HELL! Denise Wells is one of my go to authors, and I've LOVED every story that I've gotten my hands on, but Dirty Ex-Mas was straight up brilliant! So brilliant in fact, that it's my new absolute favorite by her, and what a way to start out a new series especially since I normally don't get this giddy with novellas! I'm not going into any detail in this review, because it's so much more fun to go in blind, trust me, it's the very best way. Here's one detail I was say, this is Quinn & ...more
Tammy Dangiolillo
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story had my hooked and wanting more from the beginning. I love all the characters in this book from Mack and Daria to Quinn and Reed. I love the interactions between all of them, I love romantic suspense and this has it all, love and intrigue. I can’t wait to the next book comes out to see what happens.
Sally Mieske
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dirty Ex-Mas is a fairly short read and not your average Christmas holiday read. It is more along the lines of Die Hard meets Charlie’s Angels. It’s told from 4 different POV-Quinn, Daria, Mack and Reed. Quinn and Daria are best friends and Mack and Reed are FBI Agents. Daria and Mack are exes and Quinn and Reed have crushes on each other.

So, imagine that this group has to try and take down the bad guy. It’s probably as funny as sounds. Not all plans are fool proof. There is some suspense as
Virginia Lee
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you want a intense pull of characters then you must read this book. The steamy inaction between the characters will be wishing for more. With betrayal of friendship can they stop the kidnappers. What will the Darlings do now or Mack/Reed. Cant wait to see if the spark light with Quinn and her secret love interest now that the table has flip. cant wait for the next story highly recommend this book today
Nancy
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
If I didn't read the blurb for the book, I wouldn't have known who were the main hero and heroine. I would prefer if they had separate books because they four characters had about equal p.o.v in the book which was confusing
Sonja Ton
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This introduction to a new romantic suspense series leaves you hanging just when it’s getting really interesting. I think the mix of characters here has potential to make it both hilariously funny and very romantic. I’m not sure if they can make it work, being on different sides of the law, only time will tell. To say it’s realistic would be a lie, but sometimes you just want to disappear into a story and this one works for me. I’m invested and waiting for more.
Wendy
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by this author and I loved it. All the characters are amazing and I definitely wanted more of each ones story by the end. Can't wait for the next book!
Tatenisha
Dec 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Quinn is attracted to Reed who does not want to step on his friends toes. She thinks she is now a contract killer and is going on her first job. Her mind is running a mile a minute and she can not keep up with what she is supposed to be doing and is caught. This novella introduces characters with plenty of chemistry.
Lizzi
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good story about Quinn and Reed. A unique storyline which was a pleasant change. All in all an interesting read. Can’t wait to read more from this author!!
Tracy Fritts
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I truly enjoyed reading this romantic suspense. It is a well written and a good storyline. It kept me on the edge of my seat. It has twists and turns and a page turner. I loved the characters. I look forward to reading the next book.
I read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are of my own.
Brynn
Dec 04, 2019 added it
I had no idea what to expect as this was the first book I’ve read by her. It was awesome. Left me hanging and very antsy for the rest of the story!!! I had a hard time putting it down. Great mix of excitement and humor!!
Jo-Ann Forrest
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun romantic series full of suspense, angst and such chemistry between the characters that are on both sides of the law. The story will keep on the edge of your seat and leave you wanting more of the story which is to come. This is an amazing introduction and I love Denise Well`s characters. I honestly volunteered to review this arc. ...more
Lisa H
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Burn Notice, with a twist.

Quinn is helping her boss Daria out.
Only, her crush Reed is there in formal wear. So is David, her brief ex. Mack is there but Daria is, well, legendary. Um, and an assassin.

Fast paced, fun, and ends in a cliffhanger.

Voluntarily reviewed.
Sue
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahhh, romantic suspense. One of my all time favorite genres! Welcome to it Denise Wells! I loved this book!! I am dying for book 2.
Emily
Cannot wait for more

Yes it ends in a cliffhanger. But what a fun and twisted ride. I cannot wait to read more about each character.
Wdills
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really good. Can't wait the next book. I kind of like that it follows 2 "couples" at the same time. They have a grwat dynamic.
Kristina Bowen
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Denise Wells and how she wraps you up in her stories. I absolutely loved this book and read it in one day, no sleeping. I was so anxious to turn the page and find out what happens next, I couldn’t put it down. As always, I love the characters, poor Quinn is clueless and I feel like I would totally get along with her. I like how there was 4 POV’s instead of one or two, it kept it interesting for sure. Cannot wait until the next book!!!!
Angie Flanagan
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
My #BookReview of #DirtyExMas by Denise Wells Author
#bookblogger
Wow!! I wasn’t ready for this story! I thought I was but I wasn’t. It’s a bit different than some of the other books that Denise has written but HOLY WOW!!! I FREAKING LOVED IT!!
Reed, Mack, Quinn and Daria are all friends, but little do they know how they all really connect with one another.
Mack and Daria used to date, but due to the nature of their jobs, they decide to split up even though they still feel for one another.
Quinn

• Alexa
  • Audition
  • The Blind Date Diaries
  • Firecracker: A contemporary romance
  • Defending Roxanne (GHOST Book 2)
  • Don't Shoot the Messenger
  • Treacherous
  • Miss Understanding (Miss #1)
  • Dom Diaries: Serving the Senator
  • Embracing Fate
  • Undone
  • Desire at Roosevelt Ranch (Roosevelt Ranch, #5)
  • Just a Little More (A 425 Madison Novel, #10)
  • Iced (Boston Terriers Hockey #2)
  • Break Me: Dark High School Reverse Harem Bully Romance (Sapphire Bay High Book 1)
  • La Femme Fatale
  • The Mirror (Crime in Landkaster Book 1)
  • The Cover Up: A Humorous British Satire and Romantic Comedy Adventure
Denise Wells has been reading since before she could talk. And to this day, escaping into a book is her go-to activity before anything else.

She’s the author of six romance novels and one YA novel to date. She likes to write about sassy women and semi-flawed alpha-esque men. Denise’s female characters always have strong friendships, potty mouths, and like to drink—a lot.

Denise is loyal to a fault,

Dirty Darlings (2 books)
  • Dirty Daria (Dirty Darlings, #2)