Start by marking “Where Demons Hide” as Want to Read:
Where Demons Hide

Where Demons Hide

The City of Sin holds more than secrets.

He doesnt remember me.
But, I remember him.
The mysterious and brooding Jay McCall.
His touch. His kiss. His hands on me.
Its burned into my mind.
The one incredible night we shared.

But, that was before...
Before I lost my brother.
Before grief held me hostage.

Hes back, and it has nothing and everything to do with me.
The secrets hes
Published December 6th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Where Demons Hide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Demons Hide

Start your review of Where Demons Hide
Ashlee
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Come with me.

A.M.Brooks takes us into a world of betrayal and lies where not everyone is as they seem.

When Blaise learns her brother Blakes death isnt just a tragic night of fast driving gone wrong its as though a veil has been lifted and the sights of Sin City soon seep into the realty she once would bet her entire night of tips on.

What starts with a one night stand that suddenly shows up into town claiming her brothers death was no accident and the group of guys shes grown up with are no
Whoo Gives A Hoot
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *

description

Where Demons Hide by A.M. Brooks is a beautifully crafted romance full of suspenseful moments that had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Jay and Blaise wholeheartedly stole my heart and oh my goodness did I have to fan myself a few times during some of their hot and heavy scenes...I mean DAMN the chemistry these two had from page one was DYNAMITE! The author definitely started these two off with a BANG!

The twists and turns throughout left
Heather Confessions Of A Bibliophile Creighton
Confessions 5 Stars

Where Demons Hide by A.M. Brooks is a scorching hot, new adult, romantic suspense, that you are NOT going to want to miss! Full of secrets, lies, and betrayals, that will keep you guessing with every twist and turn. Get ready for a rollercoaster of emotions with this one!

❝ The City of Sin holds more than just secrets❞
With an absent father and a mother that was rarely around Blaise Palmer didnt have much of a family growing up. But she did have her best friend, her brother Blake. Ever
Diane plourde
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it

A 4 star romantic suspense that kept me on the edge of my seat with intrigue all through the reading of this story.

I dont want to say too much because I dont want to spoil anything for the readers. Lets say its a scorching hot romantic suspense that had twist and turns. I didnt know who to trust. Beautifully twisted. The plot got thicker and thicker as I read on.

Standalone told in a single POV with an amazing HEA. I recommend this story.
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wowza! This started of with such heartbreaking thoughts then bam! Straight away sexy, sexy man! Lust filled thoughts. I really enjoyed this. The main characters I fell in love with quickly! Stone and the guys had me on edge, except Joey I really liked him..... There are some really shady moments and it keeps you on the edge of your seat. I really want to be a detective to help figure things out!
The sex is steamy and lovely. The fighting is heartbreaking because it comes from dark places and
Athena
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARS

WOW...this was such a riveting read! The mystery and intrigue throughout the story is fantastic. The intense sexual connection between Jay and Blaise is off the charts. If you're looking for an EPIC romantic suspense, your search is over. Where Demons Hide by A.M. Brooks will join the ranks of the BIBLIO-ARISTOCRACY!!!
Heather *Undercover Goth Queen*
DNF @ 10%

I requested this book because it's set in my hometown, but I can't continue reading it. There are insane jumps between past and present tense that make it difficult to follow. At first I thought it was just a stylistic thing, but it happens from sentence to sentence for no apparent reason. Throw in a bit of woman-on-woman hate, and I'm out.

I received a copy of this book via NetGalley.
Nicole Sargent Kunkel
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has a little bit of everything! It has mystery, suspense, love, and steam! I loved Blaise from the start. She is a grieving young women who keeps going everyday through her pain. Jay is the new mysterious stranger who she instantly connected with. She soon learns her brother was murdered and she cant trust anyone. Everyone becomes a suspect to her. She begins to doubt everyone including her friends that are like family. The book is nonstop action with twists and turns everywhere. ...more
Jenny
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I gave this book 4 1/2 stars. I loved it but it just didnt captivate me as much as some books do. It was a great story with some mystery and romance. Jay and Blaise were good characters. As a reader and blogger that has lived other books by this author I recommend this one also!
*Magic Beyond The Covers Book Blog*
Genevieve || GCK's Book Review Blog ||
Beta read
it.sgottabethebooks
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A.M Brooks killed it!! This romantic suspense will keep you on the edge of your seat. Jay and Blaise have great chemistry. The secrets and mystery had me captivated. The author delivered a book that will have you in the feels. I highly recommend this book!
Kayla
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
"The City of Sin holds more than just secrets."

Where Demons Hide was my first book by the author A.M. Brooks. I was so excited to start this book because the cover and blurb was so amazing. And I found this book overall to be a enjoyable romantic suspsense. However the first 35% of the book was a bit slow for my taste. I understand the sadness was needed for the situations that had happened. But it was a little overkill on Blaise's emotions and her continually pushing people who cared away.
Becca (Coffeebooksandjournals)
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I gave this a four out five stars. I really enjoyed this, it kept me on the edge of my seat. I haven't stayed up late to finish a book in a long while until now. I started it last night and stayed up all night to finish it. I've been having trouble with reading keeping my attention and to continuously read. With this book though I didn't have that problem at all. Some of the conflicts in this book could have been worked out by communicating. I liked how the main character wanted to do things ...more
Kalli Bunch
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book draws you in immediately. From the very first sentence, you're fanning yourself because it is SIZZLING hot!! In this book, you won't know who's being real and who is spinning a web of lies. A line-up of characters with more layers to peel back and nothing is the way it seems.
Barbara
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by this author and I am very impressed, definitely will be reading by her.
Blaise meets Jay at her brother Blake's funeral but doesn't know his name. Blake raises both himself and Blaise as they are from a broken/dysfunctional family with limited parenting. They grow up with four other boys from similar backgrounds to form their own family. The six are a close knit unit until the fateful night Blake was killed in a car accident. Six months later Jay, a
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Coco.V
Apr 03, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/3/2020)! 🎁
Julie
That was a rollercoaster read. Full of so many emotions. The highs and lows of Blaises life were many. No father figure, a drunk for a mother, but at least she had her baby brother. That was until an accident took her beloved brother away from her.

Told in the first person, Blaise tells us all about her feelings, numbness at the loss of her brother, anger at him leaving her, his friends who abandoned him and her at after the funeral. She was going to leave this small town, her and her brother,
Stephanie
Dec 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Marlou (life_of_a_bookdragon)
This book was provided to me by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This was such a fun and quick read! It didn't knock my socks off or anything, but it was very cute and the cartel/crime part made it very interesting.

Writing style: I really liked the style. I can't quite explain what it was, I can just say I liked it. Just enough details to form a proper picture in my head. The tasteful writing kept me reading.

Characters: They were a little flat, but that often seems to be the case in
Ashley Jasper
Dec 05, 2019 rated it liked it
My first taste of A.M. Brooks's writing and for me, it was a bit of a mixed bag. The opening of Where Demons Hide drew me in but shortly after, I found myself struggling to stay invested in Blaise's story.

I liked Blaise. She was a little sad, a little lost and little broken but not one to go down without a fight. And when Jay storms into her life, it was once again turned on its head. Oh Jay. He had the best of intentions where Blaise was concerned but his execution wasn't the best. Mainly
Vanessa
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it
To put it simply, I just dont know where to start with this review. There was so much throughout the book. Once this book landed on my kindle I had to read it. I had to know what type of demons were hiding in this book. But what I found werent so much demons. Blaise was who I wish I could be sometimes. No nonsense and tell it how it is attitude. Sometimes I didnt know whether to envy her or to sympathize with her. She wasnt one to let people walk all over her. But during that I could feel her ...more
Rosanna
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Loved Jay and Blaise together. Not quite at the beginning. I thought that Jay was a bit weird at first. How could you not know that youve slept with someone? But not to worry! All falls I to place at the end of the book.
Blaise loses her brother in a car accident and is heartbroken by the loss. She is slowly losing her mother too from the death of her brother. Soon she finds herself all alone.
Until her brothers friends who just about disappeared after Blakes death. Blaise knows something isnt
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cami
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
My first book from A. M. Brooks, but definitely not the last one!
Where Demons Hide is a great book full of suspense and mystery that will keep you at the edge of your seat. And even though I keep reading because I needed to know what happened to Blaises brother, the moments between Jay and her gave me the sexual tension and romance that I wanted.
An emotional and heartbreaking story.
Prepare yourself for this book full of lies and betrayal and trust no one.
Jami
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really liked this book, it bring in characters from other series. It's different and at times you didn't know who was going to be the good guy or bad guy. Really enjoy her writing style. Cant wait for more.
sophie
Dec 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
I got this as an ARC by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I thought this book was a bit confusing, and the first 20% were very slow and nothing really happened. It was a bit covering Blaise's emotions but I think that part could have been much shorter and made the book more enjoyable.
I think the romance could have been stronger and they should have had more chemistry.
Karen Machamer
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed this book and highly recommend to everyone.
Laura ( Latteandbooks )
Dec 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Blaise and her brother came from a broken home, Blake was the one to raise them and 4 other boys they made their own little family that was until Blake was killed. It wasnt until 6 months later that a detective named Jay shows up saying that Blakes death was suspicious. This book was full of suspense and need to know what happened.
The love that happens after Blakes death is a great sexy and steamy romance. Will Blaise be able to get the answers that shes looking for? Will Jay be the answer to
Book Him Danno
Jan 21, 2020

• In Fury Lies Mischief (Midnight Mayhem, #2)
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Kiss Me With Lies (Twin Lies, #1)
  • Stolen Soulmate (Crowne Point #2)
  • A Lovely Obsession (Debt of Passion Duet, #1)
  • Manhattan (Becker Bothers, #3)
  • Code of Silence
  • Stolen Lies (Truths and Lies, #2)
  • Filthy Little Pretties
  • Hearts and Thorns (Magnolia Cove, #3)
  • Charmed Souls (Black Souls, #1)
  • Priceless
  • Awful Curse (Celestial Bodies #1)
  • His Unexpected Mate
  • Stain: A Romantic Psychological Suspense
  • Never Kiss a Rockstar
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • Now Open Your Eyes (Stay with Me, #3)

News & Interviews