Start by marking “He Dreams Magic” as Want to Read:
He Dreams Magic

He Dreams Magic

Ren has always wanted to leave, to escape his quiet village life. He wakes up from gold-tinged dreams with his heart pounding and a yearning for something he can’t name, can’t hold. He longs to experience something magical just once in his life.

Nico’s monsters don’t lurk under the bed. They walk in daylight. They haunt him every day of his life. He’s possibly the stronge
ebook
Published October 28th 2019 by Nine Star Press

To ask other readers questions about He Dreams Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about He Dreams Magic

Start your review of He Dreams Magic
☆ Todd
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it

This fun, fast-paced, magical fantasy story "mostly" worked for me.

Ren was an outgoing, friendly guy from a local village, living an okay life, but he longed for excitement. To be out in the world, experiencing more than his current life had to offer.

[Ren]

So in spite of his little town's decree to avoid all forms of magic, Ren couldn't help but attend the magical carnival across the lake, which was where he met Nico.

But the wondrous carnival turned out to be all smoke and mirrors, nothing at allme.
""
Erika
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, ebook, netgalley
Thanks to Netgalley for the complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

Wow, I'm not really sure what I read here. The characters, world building, tension, magic, and word choices all combined to create a floaty, dream-like story.

We begin with Ren as he rows his boat across a lake through magical fire to reach the magical carnival he's waited his whole life to visit. His village has warned him away from it, but Ren's eager to see the world and the magic. He doesn't expect to
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
I adored this, when I put it down because I had no choice I just found myself wanting to dive right in again. It’s an addictive book, you won’t want to stop at all. It’s so wonderful, well written, great characterisation, such well done chemistry/romance, full of action, you’ll find yourself holding your breath at times, the tension is built perfectly and it’s just a fabulous read. Highly recommended to everyone, if you aren’t a fan of well written m/m romance, why not , jump in on this book and ...more
Ysera
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Received from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

★★★★★ (4,5) - I'm in love with this.

Disaster shouldn't be so beautiful.

And this one was a marvelous one.

It is hard for me to explain this one, because it has been a complex reading that let so many doubts on me... doubts that I not necessary want to solve. Like, that ending. That kind of epilogue that works as a prologue. That last chapter and all the kind of rushed information that came in the perfect moment for m/>
Charlotte
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Emme C. Taylor has created a world full of magic, violence, fear and love and it’s all wrapped up together in beautiful writing!

This book was fantastic! I love when I find books that are completely original! Taylor has created a wonderful world in He Dreams Of Magic. The novel begins with Ren heading out to a carnival as he tries to seek out the magical joy in his dreams. He does find excitement in the way of a Magical flyer who collides with him on the carnival grounds. What begins
Haley
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you for netgally for giving me the chance to read this beat book.

We meet Ren when he’s rowing across a lake to get to this Magical fire to visit this magical carnival. His village would warn anyone who tried to go see this world. Reb meets Nico who is part of the carnival when Nico almost runs into you Ren. With this chance encounter run becomes intrigued and Nico and wants to find out what Nico is like. Through learning about Nico Ren find out Nico is very powerful. Since Nico is powerfu
Julia
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, netgalley
Thank you so much to the publisher and NetGalley for my very first e-ARC book, I was so excited to receive it! I really wasn't sure what to expect going in, but let me start off by saying I absolutely LOVED it. It starts off slap bang in the middle of the action without any backstory (which I never usually like) and the prose had a very dream-like quality to it, which made me unsure too, but by the end of Chapter 1 I was hooked. It was unlike any other book of this genre that I've read, with a r ...more
Emetis
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
A big thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for providing me with an e-ARC copy of this book!

What was that ending! Is there going to be a second book because I need more Ren and Nico (Rico?)! Okay so the Book starts with Ren attending a carnival; there he meets the aero acrobat Nico who happens to be the most powerful magician. (At first sight Ren falls for Nico’s fiery hair and feisty personality, but Nico is not the type to be easily fooled by charms)

Nico hates being touched because when
Helen
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was beautifully character driven, set in a magical world which I felt was described just enough to encompass the imagination. There was a real atmosphere to this story which truly captured me. I know I really love a book when I find myself thinking about it (being distracted by it) throughout my work day, and this one was on my mind almost constantly for the entire time I was reading it. I found myself thoroughly invested in the story and characters.

I’m going to miss Ren a
Sam B
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
I really wanted to like this book and I will start by saying it wasn't badly written, just a bit wordy for me. Descriptions seemed to be repeated constantly, with minor adjustments to the words used. For example, I found myself tire of the fire analogies at the beginning.

Nico, I found to be an interesting character. I would have liked to have known more of his history than we got, and perhaps more showing than telling.

Ren was, quite frankly, annoying. I couldn't understand his complete and utt
Tiny
Nov 05, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a strange one! In a good way. The story kept me on my toes as did the romance which at no point felt simple. The story did feel incomplete though, I am hoping for a follow up because a lot of the world-building in the book had these big set ups which were never really explained. Any time there is a world with magic, I also expect some exposition about the way magic works in that world. So though I understood how these characters related to magic themselves I didn't get a great sense of ...more
Melanie
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5

For the full review visit https://wp.me/p220KL-igD

From that review:He Dreams Magic by Emme C. Taylor is extremely well written, excellently plotted with so many twists and turns to keep the reader connected to both the story and characters.  There is amazing character growth and development, along with revelations along those lines that will continue right up until the very last sentence of this amazing story.  I highl
Coltostallion
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book always kept me guessing. I was never sure what was going to happen next or really what had happened before until near the very end. That is not a bad thing, though! It was a whirlwind experience but that's how it should be. My one complaint would be the big finale was over just a little too fast. I get it, I just wish it had been drawn out a little bit more or maybe there was a bit more detail. Just to add some tension. All in all a beautiful read, though.
Alina
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found this story to be original and thought provoking. The characters and the world were just mesmerizing and spellbinding. I truly remarkable read that fills your head with dreams and possibilities. A really great fore into a magical world. A perfect LGBTQ fantasy literature to sink into.
Leandra
Oct 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Received ARC copy from NetGallery.

This was an interesting read, it had a different kind of feel to it (in a good way). I did like the characters and felt they were very flushed out. Emotions were well explained and almost over explained, but it worked within this particular story.

I did want to see more details about the world. We see really good bones for it, like super tall grass that grows above their heads, multicolored grass, and then a whole city made of unbreakable glass. But we hardly g
Annarella
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
An interesting and sweet romantic fantasy, well written and engrossing.
I appreciated the style of writing, the entertaining plot, and the well written cast of characters.
I liked the world building but I'd have liked some more details.
It's a good read, recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Stacey
Nov 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Review excerpted from my blog post over at Pan/Cis LGBT2SQ+ Romance Reviews (https://pancis.wordpress.com/2019/11/...)

Overall Rating: 3.0 stars

Library recommendation: Recommended for public library LGBT2SQ+ historical romance collections.

Warning: Hereafter, you chance spoilers. I will try never to reveal major plot points, but to review any book, you must reveal some parts of the story.

Number of titles
Sol
Oct 31, 2019

• Sons of Rome
  • Irises in the Snow
  • 33 Degrees of Separation (Legacy Book 3)
  • Graveyard Shift (Not Dead Yet #3)
  • Goalie Interference (Hat Trick, #2)
  • No Good Men
  • Out of the Ashes
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • Clueless Cabot
  • Slay Ride
  • Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
  • TAD
  • Dine with Me
  • Time Turns (Out of Time, #4)
  • Bellewether
  • Cask Strength (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #2)
  • Barrel Proof (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #3)
  • Flash Rip