Start by marking “Dear Author: Letters from a Bookish Fangirl” as Want to Read:
Dear Author: Letters from a Bookish Fangirl

Dear Author: Letters from a Bookish Fangirl

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  13 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Think your words might not matter? Think again.

Words have the power to change lives, especially when they are used to create meaningful stories. In this collection of letters, bookish fangirl Laura A. Grace addresses topics related to every writer’s journey. From “character conversations,” to embracing one’s unique writing style, to celebrating a release day—th
Kindle Edition
Expected publication: December 3rd 2019 by Unicorn Quester Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Dear Author, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dear Author

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Dear Author: Letters from a Bookish Fangirl
Elizabeth Rawls
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This collection of letters from a fangirl to authors is an encouraging read, and bound to lift your spirits. Its a wonderful reminder as to why we write, especially when we're feeling down and struggling to write that next book. And the added illustrations make it all the more delightful! I will hold onto my copy for a rainy day, and pull it out when I need that boost of encouragement!

I received an ARC copy from the author. This is my honest review.
Verity Buchanan
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book made me cry.

Read it.

I am both the people in this book. I am the gushing, giddy fangirl who recommends my new fave to EVERY FLIPPING PERSON I CAN FIND and throws out scads of CAPS LOCK and emojis and exclamation points. And I am the author who lives for those messages, who's scared to believe that her words are worth a cent, who rereads every loving word from her readers with starstruck disbelief and treasures them in memory.

Sometimes, we writers need
V. Romas Burton
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was an absolute joy to read. I found myself relating to each of these "fangirls," but, as an author, also hoping to receive any of these letters from a fan! Laura has written a beautiful piece that encourages authors and brings them together. I love her excitement for amazing stories and her ability to promote community over competition. I also would love to know which books made her write which letter! I'm excited for "Dear Author's" release and can't wait to purchase a copy!
Tammy Lash
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a perfect little book. Encourager, helper, and friend, Laura is a BIG supporter of Indie and I feel she is an important part of the success of those who independentantly publish. If you don't know Laura, read her little book of letters to get a glimpse of the beautiful and supportive woman she is. I am an author and this book of heartfelt letters touched my heart. What a superb little gem. Her hard work shines in the gorgeous cover, pretty interior, and ADORABLE artwork. I love everything a ...more
Victoria Isabel
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can’t even express how beautiful and encouraging this book was! Every writer needs it on their shelf! 💖
Adam Collings
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every author should read this book.
Being an author is hard. We all know it. There are times of discouragement. When the books are not selling, or impostor syndrome sets in, or we've just had a scathing review, or worse, we have no reviews. Discouragement may look different depending on what stage of our career we're currently at, but nobody is immune.

At times like these, we need Dear Author: Letters from a Bookish Fangirl. In this book, Laura A Grace doesn't give us technical a
Janeen Ippolito
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
RTC... *mysterious smile*...
Pris
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
Dear Author of Dear Author,

Has anyone mention recently how sweet, nice, kind, passionate, funny, and altogether, what an amazing person you are? I'm pretty sure people must have, but I still wanted to say this one more time, because, honestly, that's what's been on my mind ever since I finished your book (though also while reading it), as well as during the past months, when I've had the opportunity of getting to know you a bit more in your new facet: as an incredible author.

You kn
C.O. Bonham
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: writers-help
Dear Author: Letters from a Bookish Fangirl, comes exactly as advertised. This short book lets you into the mind of a book loving fangirl as she seeks to encourage her favorite author to not give up. The author is never named allowing any writer to pick this book up and imagine that it was written to them by their very own fangirl.

As a bookish fangirl myself I have to say that this short little book hit home for me. It perfectly captured the feeling of falling so completely in love w
Rand Reviews
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of this book, and this is my honest review.

Bookish fangirls (and fanboys) everywhere, this book is for you! If you have every read and book and wanted to tell them how special they are, how much the book touched your very soul, and how much you enjoyed their story, this book is calling to you. From the very first letter to the last, Laura speaks not only to the authors she loves, but to the hearts of fangirls everywhere. The illustrations peppered between these let
Heather Barbour
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely amazing and sweet and heartfelt. I believe this book will truly help a lot of authors and writers too. It encouraged me. Plus we now know we have a forever fangirl we can relate with and to!
Tabitha Caplinger
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a sweet collection of letters that would make any author’s day. We’d all love a fangirl like this in our lives, one who gives us those little nudges that remind us why we write and not to give up. Laura Grace becomes that fangirl for all of us with each heartfelt letter.
Deborah O'Carroll
Jebraun Clifford
Oct 26, 2019
Sara
Oct 26, 2019

• Fatgirl: Origins: Part One (Fatgirl, #1)
  • Mistaken Divinity: A Beaumont and Beasley Story
  • Ghostlight (The Reflected City #1)
  • Dark Is the Night
  • Servant, Mercenary, Brother: A Collection of Dresden Jakobs Vignettes Vol. I
  • 2019 Halloween Short Story Challenge: An Anthology of All Things Halloween
  • Highway Robbery
  • Between Christmas and Romance (Christmas Mountain Clean Romance Series, #7)
  • Heart Strings (Music of the Heart Book 1)
  • Golden Daughter (Tales of Goldstone Wood, #7)
  • A Draw of Kings (The Staff and the Sword #3)
  • The Lady’s Masquerade
  • Elsie the Pomsky: New Home
  • Dangerous Dinosaur (The Wishing Stone #1)
  • First Love Second Choice
  • A Kind of Death: A Short Story and Poetry Anthology
  • Her Dream Date Boss (Steele Family #1)
  • The Kissing Tutor: A Standalone Sweet Romance (Sweet Water High Book 11)
Laura A. Grace had a lifelong dream of getting to know authors behind the covers of her favorite reads. Little did she know that one day she would become an author too! Now an avid book blogger at Unicorn Quester and writer of clean, Christian manga, Laura creatively balances her passions of supporting indie authors and feeding her readers new stories. In between, she wields plastic lightsabers wi ...more