Start by marking “Pitching to Win (Over the Fence, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pitching to Win (Over the Fence, #1)

Pitching to Win

(Over the Fence #1)

What do you do when the town golden boy, who never noticed you in high school, decides to make a play for your heart?

For Minka Braxton, high school has been anything but easy. After a humiliating scandal sophomore year, she's avoided the social scene and anything having to do with boys, especially of the popular variety. But with senior year approaching, Minka decides it's
Kindle Edition, 3rd Edition, 240 pages
Published October 16th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services (first published July 11th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Pitching to Win, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pitching to Win

Start your review of Pitching to Win (Over the Fence, #1)
Ashleyjo
Blurb tells you what you get - narcissistic college jock meets scorned, introverted, and smartass high school girl. Sparks fly as he wants in her pants and eventually her heart. Meanwhile, she gives in to her body's desire but keeps her heart guarded.

^^^ It's a storyline I've seen and read repeatedly, some done better and some done worse. Nothing special or new.

The main focus of the storyline is romance. There are a few emo r/t themes about parental pressure to perform, but not a lot of actual
Tina ( As Told By Tina )
This review was originally posted at Tina, The Bookworm.

I was torn between 3 and half stars and four stars. I went ahead and gave Pitching to win four stars. What this rating really should be is “THANK YOU CARRIE ARRONS FOR GETTING ME OUT OF MY BOOK HANGOVER!” unfortunately Amazon and Goodreads don't allow me to give that kind of rating so four stars it is.

Pitching to Win is my first baseball romance with the actual baseball included, so yes I know that doesn’t make a lot of sense but the
Anne OK
Jul 13, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
Another baseball-themed romance that was fun-to-read, but nothing different or out of the ordinary. So many of these sports-themed romances these days are simply a replace the names and locations and you've got yourself the same NA college-aged angst with the popular jock who rules the campus and stumbles right into the beautiful but not-so-popular and outgoing girl of his dreams. Even the likable and jaw-dropping sports gods alone just aren't getting it done for me these days. I want something ...more
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Minka is about to start her final year in high school and is enjoying her summer break with her friends in their hometown. The last 18 months have been rough on her. She was the victim of an incredibly mean bet and as a result of that her self-confidence was completely knocked out. She prefers to keep her head down and blend in quietly.

Minka is very cautious around guys and trust is not something that takes lightly. When she meets Owen Axel, the town golden boy athlete, her defences are on high
Roanne Germaine
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pitching this a 4.5 stars !

Minka is an unassumingly gorgeous hip-hop &rap-loving book nerd. A painfully humiliating experience had made her put walls around her heart and shield herself from men.

Owen is the sexy 8 pack Golden Boy baseball superstar, the hometown hero, who can get any girl he wants without effort. Except Minka.

As the Summer unfolds, they both realize that they had many things in common, and they could not get enough of each other. When the cause of Minka's pain shows up,
Heather / Obsessed With Myshelf
This is a cute new adult story about high school love, rampant insecurities and sweet redemption. Minka is an upcoming senior in high school but she’s been majorly burned by her peers and those scars still ache. When Owen, king of the popular crowd, comes home from college and approaches her at a high school party Minka is extremely wary of his intentions.

Owen isn’t to be dissuaded – there’s something about Minka that he realizes is different and he wants to know more. AND then the
Moon Love
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I randomly decided to pick up this book. I had no idea it was going to be so hot or so good. I loved the characters, the story, and pretty much everything. I loved the take on the bad boy who is not so much changed by the girl, but still doesn't have her come easy. I also loved how Minka was not your typical heroine. She not only made Owen work for her, but also was tough as nails.

I could not put this book down and it's a total scorcher. Besides Owen and Minka, I loved Minka's friends Chloe and
Kahea
Short and Sweet Mini Review

This was a quick and actually fun read. I thought that the author walked the line between the older edge of the Young Adult world merging into the New Adult world well with the characters. I liked both Minka and Owen. Minka, despite the fact that she’s kept herself to the fringes due to a heinous situation, is quite a strong character. She’s snarky, intelligent and while is very much like many girls her age, she is also a little more grounded than most. Owen is in many
Tammy Tate
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pitching to Win is a light, easy and sweet read. Minka is a sweet and sassy girl still in high school. Her father is not around much, always at work. Minka's mother passed during child birth. She had a rough sophomore year when a popular guy does her wrong just to win a bet with his friends. She is now a senior and has trust issues when it comes to guys.

Owen is in college and went to the same high school as Minka. Star baseball player, popular with the in crowd and the ladies. On summer break,
Theresa Alberts
Carrie Aarons pitched a perfect game with her book Pitching To Win, the first book in the Over The Fence Series. I fell in love with Minka and Owen throughout this story, the struggles that they each faced, although for entirely different reason, they were able to find comfort in knowing that the other understood them better. A story about not always taking things at face value, not judging by what you have heard or what you think you know, but on who the person really is. This book was a 3.5 ...more
Amber .:★Wild Heart Reviews★:.
Pitching to Win is the first book in Carrie Aarons "Over the Fence" series. You can currently get the whole series on KU! It's told from alternative first person POVs between the main characters, it does have an HEA and there is no cliff hanger.

There were some things I could give or take with this book. I almost feel as if it's a second chance romance, only its not. I think the thing that I enjoy most about it though, is that it's real. The author is fantastic with pointing out that life isn't
Adrian
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Minka and Owen *dreamy sigh*

With NA books, I'm all about the pacing and if it works or not. And Carrie Aarons totally made this work.

There isn't like instant, unexplainable "OMG I love you so much," but there is enough constant flirting that it hooks you in and made me not want to put this one down.

Owen is for sure my new book boyfriend, he's not pushy and overbearing like some of these other heroes, but he does use his charm to his advantage.

The friends that surround these two break up the
Danielle
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OH MY GOD. When I say I couldn't put this book down...THAT IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT! I bought it the day it came out, and read the entire thing in one sitting.

I am a huge sports fan, and this book fed my baseball cravings. Minka and Owen's flirty, steamy interactions kept me on the edge of my seat, and the cast of characters surrounding them were hilarious!

This book has everything you could want in a NA read: flirting, sexy stuff, heartbreak, and a HAE.

I can't wait for the next book in this series!
Cyndi Garcia
Highschooler and the college boy

This books was just unbelievable. It was about a high schooler falling for the hot sophomore college baseball player. They meet at a party while he is visiting during the summer. This book was just to unbelievable.it was ridiculous on how this hot stud of a college guy could have rock your world sex with a baby who is not even a senior in high school, unbelievable....
Maïwenn  B
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: december-2015, na
3.5 STARS
mnknmnkn
Jun 17, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It was pathetic how much she lived in the past. I mean I get needing time when something happens, but with this heroine it was just overkill! She got dumped by a guy after she had sex with him... she makes it seem like he did something much more psychologically damaging.
Renita
Jul 19, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
*ARC received from author in exchange for an honest review*

3.5 Stars...
I wanted to give this recent read a bit of a spotlight review. I think it's fairly common knowledge that I love a good sports story, so I was definitely curious about this one.

Minka knows all too well how it feels to be the ongoing joke among the popular crowd. After being the butt on a humiliating prank she avoids any time in the social limelight preferring to stay out the outskirts of all the activity. Her plan works
Jamie  Zishka
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pitching To Win is the first book in the Over The Fence series. I absolutely love books about jocks.. especially baseball jocks, and this book hit a home run on my field! I would give this book a 4 stars and definitely recommend to others. This story does touch on a sensitive subject that a lot of teenagers will experience because bullying unfortunately in this society is huge, so that being said I want to give this author a huge high five for making this story seem real and believable.

Minka
The Book Fairy Reviews
Minka has never been one to be in the spotlight. She just wants to be loved, but when the one she trusted preys on her innocence, showing his betrayal to the while school leaving her to be ridiculed and alone, well let's just say that left a mark on her. The beautiful, and rich people hurt you, stay away, never give in.
Owen the golden boy of his home town and school is back and sees the beauty that is Minka, only she doesn't fall at his feet. Something he isn't used to, he find that he likes it
Paulien
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a rather short and light story. But it isn’t all that simple. The characters are developed and they are pretty original. But the story is a bit known. The all time star falls in love with the normal girl who doesn’t believe in herself.

Characters
Minka: Is a girl who doesn’t really know how to live with the attention she got from Owen. She has stiuff going on in her life that make her want someone to talk to. She gives in pretty quickly, but there’s always something that’s holding her
Lisa
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Minka has not had an easy life: her mum died in childbirth; being raised by a non-existent dad, and being used and ridiculed at school. You can completely understand her caution when star pitcher, Owen, shows an interest in her, distrusting his motives. Owen, though, is completely different from the others in the 'in' crowd. He is completely down to earth and is mostly oblivious to the drama around as he has to deal with constant put downs from his own dad. Can he convince Minka to give him a ...more
Claire
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in return for my honest review.

Yes, there a lot of NA books with very similar plot lines. Different names and places, but generally the bare bones are the same, hot, popular guy meets beautiful, intelligent, yet somehow unpopular girl. And I think the reason is that that this is a plot line that works well, it's relatable and fun.

Having said that I would like to read something with a different spin for a change.

Owen is the all star baseball player, he cannot put a foot
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
This was a delightfully Sweet and Sexy Read! I more than Loved it! Minka is a Strong character, she sweet and Sassy and doesn't know just how Beautiful she really is. She also has been burned before so she really tries to fight the Feelings that Owen gives her. Owen is the Golden Boy he's so Handsome its Devastating! Let me just take a minute to Swoon!! I mean come on who doesn't love a Sexy guy in a Baseball uniform.. What Owen feels for Minka is a first for him and it's completely new to him. ...more
Dilele
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really did like this book. I received it for an honest review and would like to thank the author for the opportunity. I would even give it a little more than 4 stars.
Minka was used to not being part of the in crowd and always a little on the outside. She decided to not let it bother her as much anymore since being humiliated at a party. Then she re-meets Owen. The golden boy in her town who's two years oldee than her. Owen doesn't remember her but they instantly feel their connection. Minka
Sanne Heremans
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, athlete
Pitching to win by Carrie Aarons

***ARC received in exchange for an honest review - Sanne / Scandalous Book Blog***

Minka Braxton has had her fair share of problems in high school. So when the schools golden boy decides to make a move on here she is suspicious.

Owen Axel just returned home from college for the summer and just wants to let loose. What he didn’t take into account was the beautiful girl showing up for one of the parties he’s attending.

A girl haunted by a high school scandal - a boy
Traci
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult

description

For Full review check out http://bookplusheart.weebly.com/conte...

High School can be a cruel place. I think most people either loved high school or loathed it. I was in-different. Some things I liked and other stuff not so much. For Minka, high school was her walking hell. She was an extroverted person. With her dad as the town’s police chief and her mother deceased, she’s been raising herself for most of her life. Minka loves her solitude and reading. Her two best friends, Chloe and Kelsey
Crystal
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given an ARC for and honest review. Pitching to win is the first book in over the fence series. I love the banter and sacrasmm between the characters. Minka is a high school student who hasn't had it easy. She was a victim of a bet by a senior, that she now has hard time trusting people because of it and tries to be on the outside. Owen is your typical college jock who everyone likes. When they meet up Minka doesn't fall for Owen's usual lines. So he does what he can to get her to give ...more
Stacey
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the blurb and thought it sounded good

I like to read something different .

Owen is the all star baseball player, he cannot put a foot wrong, except in his fathers eyes he is a failure.
Hidden beneath the cocky exterior is a fragile guy trying to make his overbearing father proud.

The girl wow
Well boy wants girl , girl had 1bad experience and doesn't want anything to do with Boys

Fun , quick and easy read .
Need book 2
Christine
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carrie Aarons hit a home run with her 1st book! Wow, I devoured this book yesterday. Minka & Owen heated up the page with sexual tension until the point of explosion. Hot Hot Hot! When Owen does what all men do at some point in romance novels - I was pissed! How could he? You'll have to read and see who it turns out but damn "Pitching To Win" deserves praise for a rookie outing... Off to read "Hitting To Win"!
Karen
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am entirely too old for this book in human years but in book reading years, it was perfect. I felt 18 again. The story was perfect. I loved Minka and Owen. The whole cast was delightful. I loved how communication was dealt with between parents and their children especially after the parents almost blow it. Good story.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Iced (Boston Terriers Hockey #2)
  • Winter: A High School Bully Romance (Sunset Beach High, #2)
  • The Fake (Smart Jocks #4)
  • Jock (Boston Terriers #5)
  • Checked (Boston Terriers Hockey #1)
  • Tackle (Boston Terriers #4)
  • The Trouble with You (Rixon Raiders, #1)
  • Score (Boston Terriers #6)
  • Forbidden Puck (Boston Brawlers, #1)
  • Hate the Game (Love Games #1)
  • If You Were Mine
  • The Rarity of Falling
  • Fall (Sunset Beach High, #1)
  • Breaking Rules
  • Lines (Greyford High, #1)
  • The Assist (Smart Jocks, #1)
  • Pucking Parker (Face-Off Legacy #1)
  • Spring: A High School Bully Romance (Sunset Beach High Book 3)
Author of romance novels such as The Tenth Girl and Privileged, Carrie Aarons writes books that are just as swoon-worthy as they are sarcastic. A former journalist, she prefers the love stories of her imagination, and the athleisure dress code, much better.

When she isn't writing, Carrie is busy binging reality TV, having a love/hate relationship with cardio, and trying not to burn dinner. She’s a

Over the Fence (3 books)
  • Hitting to Win (Over the Fence #2)
  • Catching to Win (Over the Fence #3)
“I’m just joking with you, Caro.” 0 likes