Start by marking “Wannabe More (Love in Seven Mile Forge, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wannabe More (Love in Seven Mile Forge, #1)

Wannabe More (Love in Seven Mile Forge, #1)

From Author Billie Dale comes a story of friendship spanning two decades. A life of loyalty, family and love tested by decisions made with the best intentions. With Dale’s signature wit and a cast of characters you can’t help but adore. Wannabe More, book one in Love In Seven Mile Forge, will prove second chances do exist.

After years of friendship, that summer he was

To ask other readers questions about Wannabe More, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wannabe More

Start your review of Wannabe More (Love in Seven Mile Forge, #1)
BookAddict
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Friends to lovers, first love, and second chances are the backdrop for this wonderful story, with a twist-of-fate surprise thrown in. And my favorite part is the quirky, awkward, charming Samantha with her superior intellect, photographic memory, love of math and lack of verbal filter or social awareness. Give me an endearing, idiosyncratic character and I’m in reader heaven!

And while I’m so tickled with my reading choices lately, let me tell you, I’ve ben trying a lot of new-to-me writers
Annie
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I volunteered to read this ARC for an honest review. I really enjoyed this story about Samantha and Mazric. The story begins with Samantha/Sam meeting Mazric the day he moves to his grandfather's ranch. She's 8 and he's 10. Mazric wants to play basketball and an helps him with his shot, reminding him it's about about equations. They are best friends and he keeps the kids from bulling her. But as they get older he starts to notice girls but since Sam is to young, she's of limits. She's brilliant ...more
Tonya
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m so glad I purchased this one. I will admit I am bad for going by reviews and blogger suggestions and sometimes pass things up if they aren’t given the right amount of stars and so forth but with this one, I decided I would give it a go. I’m glad I did. It was a wonderful read. I enjoyed everything about it. From beginning to end. It made my heart happy, it made me mad and it had some laugh out loud moments. It was sweet and sassy. It had enough drama to keep you wanting more but didn’t ...more
Darcy Smith
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an outstanding awesome story. It is extremely well written and has beautifully developed characters with amazing personalities. I absolutely adored Sammy. She has so much spunk and humor. She incredibly intelligent and says the most amazing things. Maz is a spectacular character especially in the beginning and how protective he is. The chemistry between the two is off the charts. This story has a fantastic flow and I loved the storyline. This is a must read!

I received a free copy of this
Pam
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a beautiful life long love story. Mazric and Samantha meet as children. We get to watch these two souls grow and experience all their firsts.

The character development is perfect. The angst is off the charts. I wanted to throw my kindle at the wall! I found myself crying. When your emotions are all over you know the book is special. I cannot wait to read more of this series.

This was a true love story that I will be thinking about for days to come.
Jennifer Pierson
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I seriously LOVE me some Billie Dale, but OH MY HELL! She tired to KILL ME DEAD FOR REAL with Wannabe More! This is the story of how two kids met, and the relationship which spanned over a couple of decades. Samantha was a genius, there's no other way to describe the best way. Yeah, she was quirky, but most geniuses are, and I LOVED her! She became best friends with a boy named Mazric, and their journey punched me in the feels over & over again, until I was ready to actually try to jump ...more
S
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story spans the first meet of Samantha and Mazric up to their HEA, in between you will cry, laugh, snort, roll your eyes and have your heart broken and mended and broken some more.

Samantha/Sam has a genius IQ, topped off with an identic mind and a mouth that sometimes engages more than it should combine that with being younger than everyone in her class and you have the makings of a girl forever on the outside of the in crowd.

Mazric and his mother moved to Seven Mile Forge to live with his
Dangerously in love with books
This story was amazingly heartbreaking beautiful, I honestly thought that it was going to be a simple little town romance story but it was so much more!!

First off the characters were a delight, Mazric is a typical male, that wants to get with anything that moves, thinking with other parts of his body instead of with his brain, gets jealous and angry really fast and Sam is this weird introverted girl genius that has a hard time because she has always been bullied, the story goes from when they
World Of Books 65
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
'Wannabe More' is More than just a romance book. This is a very rare 2nd chance romance story as the book span's 20 years of the lives of Sam and Mazric and is written so well that by the end of the book you really feel as if you know them. As I said - something quite rare.

The story could have had the potential to drift and not stayed focused but this book flowed from their first meeting at an early age to teenage years and final adulthood. -Samantha has an IQ that is off the charts so although
Scarolet Ellis
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wannabe More: A Second Chance Romance (Love in Seven Mile Forge Book 1) by Billie Dale is a wonderful story that I have read. This is book number one in this wonderful start to a brand new series and I recommend this story.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book
Vivian Chrisman
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
True love triumphs...

Will true love triumph in the end? This story tells Samantha and Mazric's story from their childhood meeting until their HEA. There is plenty of drama as well as highs and lows along the way. I suggest you have a nice drink, plenty of chocolate and tissues nearby as you read this story.

Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's Review~~~~~~~~~~

Fantastic Book

This book was awesome! I was hooked from the beginning and I couldn’t put it down!
Karen Sebeika
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
one of the best books ive read recently sam and mazric meet as children grow up together and go from friends to lovers but the road to happy ending is paved with lots of struggles I received an arc of this book via booksprout in exchange for my voluntary review
Lori Hammons
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Sam and Mazric. Where does the name Mazric come from? It's very unique. The poignancy of their story was jumping off the page and I couldn't put the book down. I super enjoyed that Mazzy inherited her mamma's smarts. I'm looking forward to more Seven Mile Forge stories.
Kimberly
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book is a good small town romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is an enjoyable second chance romance read.

MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Review by: Jennifer
(3.5 stars)

When Mazric moved to his grandfather's farm, he never imagined that he would find his best friend, and he really didn't expect that bestie to be Sam, a girl. From childhood and through the hard teenage years, the two were pretty inseparable. Even with Sammy's genius brain, and Maz's love for basketball, the two stuck close and over time their feelings grew to be more than just best friends. But life waits for no one, and after an amazing summer, they both know that
KL Cassanello
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mazric moves to his grandfather's ranch when he's 8, and he meets his best friend. Sammy's a math wiz, and helps with her father's car repair business. She falls in love with him. This is beautiful and emotional story, following their friendship and love over twenty years. We watch them grow up. And then grow apart. I love Sammy - smart, focused, beautiful - and love young Mazric, and hate adult Mazric, until he comes to his senses. This is my first book from this author, and I'm looking forward ...more
Breen Rdz
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“Wannabe More is book #1 in the Love in Seven Mile Forge, also it was my first book of Billie Dale and surely it won’t be the last. Samantha and Mazric story was delightful to read. Friends to lovers and a second chance romance that made this a wonderful story. From beginning to end I enjoyed this beautiful story. The characters were good and their chemistry was lovable. A story about finding your true love and fighting for that love. An emotional and small-town romantic story that I recommend ...more
Molly
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Some things are not worth second or more chances.

A man who does not want what he left behind unless and until it boosts his ego in my book? Probably not worth the hassle.

In hers? She loved him since they were kids. Some part of her will never let go of that.

Will the man reclaim brain cells and honor and finally get and keep it together?

Read on to see if he hangs onto what he really doesn’t deserve, but wants anyway.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving
Linda
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a different type of story for Ms. Dale, and I loved every minute of it! Did she evoke several different emotions from me? She sure did!!! And, that's what I love about reading! Ms. Dale provided a front row seat to Sam and Mazric's relationship(s)! Sam's been in love. Sam is Mazric's friend! Oh what a web Ms. Dale weaved! Emotional, small-town, romance read!

I received an advanced reader copy, and this my honest and voluntary review.
Christine Woinich
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this journey for Sam and Mazric, the ups and downs. I did feel that it was a bit longer than necessary, but watching friends become lovers, giving up on dreams, and finding their way back to each other was worth the reading. I loved all the characters around them, adding to their lives and being supportive. I recommend this story.

I received a copy of this story through Enticing Journey Book Promotions, and this is my unsolicited review.
Witchy Richey's Booktastic Reviews
Young love, friends to lovers and second chances. A lifetime of toil and a supremely excellent trip through the lives of Sam and Mazric.

A must read where you will span an entire spectrum of emotions and reel from the hangover while feeling satisfied and fullfilled with the swoonage and sweetness.

THIS it the book you won’t soon forget.
Wendy Livingstone
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book in a new series from this author and what an amazing introduction this is. This is a beautifully written story which is a heart-breaking friends / lover, 2nd chance romance, which has secrets, off the chart’s chemistry, and a surprise twist, which all had me hooked and intrigued throughout this wonderful story. I recommend for all readers.
Jeanne Richardson
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book I've read written by Billie Dale; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Sheila
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is about life long best friends between Samantha/Sam and Mazric. She has loved him for years but he only sees her as a friend. There is some ups and downs with this book but finally they get on the same page.

Lucinda
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great second chance romance. It was well written with great characters and an engaging plot. I loved how it played out and I would recommend it to others!

Melissa
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: booksprout
Mazric has always had her heart but Sam was just his friend and maybe an afterthought once he left. Find out in this second chance romance if he truly deserves the woman he left behind.
I loved the writing style and how the story flowed.

Barbara
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first book in the Love in Seven Mile Forge series a well written second chance story. This is Samantha Gentry and Mazric Vortex's story of a woman who has been in love with a man for a long time. He has only seen her as a friend until his world starts falling apart, so nine years after he walked away he wants her back. But Sam has been keeping something from him for the last nine years. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Lindsey Kramer
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was totally hooked on this book from the beginning. I just couldn’t put it down. I can’t wait for book two!
Billie Dale
Dec 17, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

• Lovable
  • Back to You this Christmas
  • Treacherous
  • Release
  • Whatever It Takes
  • Claimed (Brides of the Kindred, #1)
  • Respectable Riot (Riot MC Book 6)
  • Focused
  • Valentine's with the Single Dad (The Single Dads of Seattle Book 7)
  • Pretty Broken Promises (Pretty Broken, #5)
  • Pretty Broken Baby (Pretty Broken, #7)
  • Pretty Filthy Lies (Pretty Broken, #2)
  • Breaking You (Blackthorn Elite #2)
  • Pretty Broken Girl (Pretty Broken, #1)
  • Twice As High (Order of the Dragon, #3)
  • Love at The Bluebird
  • Rider (Satan's Fury MC-Memphis #7)
  • The Lineup
Billie grew up and lives somewhere in Indiana, in the smallest of small towns that is not even worth mentioning. She has 4 children, two dogs, a cat and a husband that deals with a house full of females. Two of her babies don’t live with her, her sons. The oldest is grown and out on his own, giving her a perfectly wonderful granddaughter with a head full of fiery red hair and the other lives in ...more