Start by marking “Osgood Riddance (The Spectral Inspector, #2)” as Want to Read:
Osgood Riddance (The Spectral Inspector, #2)

Osgood Riddance (The Spectral Inspector, #2)

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  10 ratings  ·  8 reviews
After tracking down the missing sister of her former partner Audrey, and helping to put an end to a monstrous being’s reign of terror, one would think they’d find Prudence Osgood riding high. Instead, they couldn’t find her at all.

A year and change after the events of Osgood as Gone, our titular hero has returned. Osgood is confused, exhausted, and dragging along more qu
Published October 2019 by Horror & Carnage Press

To ask other readers questions about Osgood Riddance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Osgood Riddance

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Osgood Riddance (The Spectral Inspector, #2)
Lisa Diaz Meyer
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Being a fan of Beckett’s writing and first book in the series, I jumped at the chance to read Osgood Riddance. This is master storytelling, here. The words flow effortlessly, the characters are individually strong yet flawed and the harrowing plot completely compelling. Throughout this fast paced book, Prudence Osgood is in danger from one moment to the next. The mystery of her disappearance and what has followed her back is fraught with demons, witches, and inter-dimensional beings. If you’re a ...more
Ana
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
I’d like to thank the author for an ARC of this book, I absolutely LOVE Osgood series! I was amazed by the first book, I believe I wrote a review here for that one as well. I couldn’t wait for the sequel and I was pleasantly surprised when it was offered to me in exchange for a review, again :)
I don’t want to talk too, too much about it in order to avoid spoilers from this and previous book. I liked Osgood Riddance, but it didn’t blow my mind as much as Osgood As Gone did. It’s still an ex
Becca
Thank you Cooper S. Beckett for giving me the chance to beta-read & SCREAM about Osgood Riddance!

-- how often does a sequel outbeat the original? Osgood as Gone was a phenomenal read & a perfect introduction to the characters & world of The Spectral Inspector series, but y'all -- Osgood Riddance should be placed on a gosh darn pedestal.

I was already 100%, over-the-moon, in love with Prudence Osgood when we first met her in the first book of the series. Somehow, in Osgood Riddance, I fell even MORE in love, so I'
Justine Barr
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Prudence Osgood has been...away...for a long time.

Osgood Riddance begins with her dramatic return to her friends, and runs at full pace through monster attacks, the discovery of supernatural powers, and a mystery of where Osgood and her friends fit this puzzle.

Just like Osgood as Gone, the cast of characters is easy to connect with, even though (and maybe because) they all are extremely flawed. The story unwinds at a perfect horror comedy pace, keeping the tension and hilarity high (I laughed
Tonya
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Listen, before I read this novel, I read the latest books from my two most fave authors, Margaret Atwood and then Stephen King. While theirs were of course incredible, they paled in comparison. Osgood Riddance is SUBLIME.

From the very first page I was completely engrossed. Time and body allowing, I could've devoured this in one sitting.

There are multiple scenes that are so horrific that they rank up there with the grand names of horror, including Sai King (who I think would LOVE this novel!).
Hayla
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You guys are going to want to read this book! It’s a total mindfuck wrapped up in truly heartfelt scenes that are masterfully crafted to give the reader all the feels.
I loved how Beckett focused most of this book on the relationships between his characters - it helped me to connect with them even more - and I loved getting to see more interaction between Osgood and her parents. And of course more Osgood and Audrey is always welcome ❤

A solid 4⭐ book rounded up to 5⭐ reading the first draft of t
Jason Sheats
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great second installment in this series! I love these characters and really feel like these are people I know. I mean, aside from the Lovecraftian monsters bursting forth from... Well, you'll just have to read the book.
kelcie_reads
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don’t want to talk about the plot of this book for fear of spoiling it or the first book in The Spectral Inspector series so I’ll just tell you that I loved this book!! I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN! I had been looking forward to reading Osgood Riddance since I finished Cooper’s first book in the series, Osgood as Gone, and I was not let down.

The characters are so well written and it felt like I was coming back to visit old friends and the plot was amazing! If you haven’t read this seri
Janine Costanzo
Inna
Oct 27, 2019

• Bunny
  • Hellrider
  • A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1)
  • The Nightmare Girl
  • A Lady by Midnight (Spindle Cove, #3)
  • A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)
  • Kill Creek
  • Everything and the Moon (The Lyndon Sisters, #1)
  • How to Break Up with Your Phone: The 30-Day Plan to Take Back Your Life
  • Halloween Fiend
  • The Troop
  • A Cosmology of Monsters
  • Camp Slaughter
As a queer non-monogamous writer, Cooper S. Beckett endeavors to create characters that reflect the diverse lifestyles of his friends, his partners, and himself. From that mandate, he writes scary, silly, and sexy books and essays. Beginning his writing career as a podcaster and speaker in the sexuality education community, he wrote My Life on the Swingset, a memoir of his first five years in non- ...more