Start by marking “She Ran Away From Love” as Want to Read:
She Ran Away From Love

She Ran Away From Love

The Light of Love pours down on Frilly. It shines so brightly that she quails and runs away.

Upset with herself for feeling scared, she wakes her good friend Mawson and pours out her confusions. She wants to learn how to be bold and is convinced that she can do this by going on a quest.

With muddled help from Mawson she sets off into the great Out There. But is a quest to
Published October 15th 2019 by Publisher Obscura

To ask other readers questions about She Ran Away From Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She Ran Away From Love

Start your review of She Ran Away From Love
Pauline Dewberry
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What do you do when the world seems too big and bright, and youre only a tiny little bear? You sit on Mawsons lap and ask him to ponder lifes imponderables for you, thats what you do.

Sometimes, when you feel tiny, and insignificant, life and all it throws at us, can feel immeasurably frightening. Sometimes, though, you have to be brave and work out what the best course of action might be for you. And for Frilly, Mawsons friend, she makes the bold step to go on a quest to find herself.

She
Karen
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wise bear Mawson is trying to help his friend Frilly. Afraid of the Light of Love, she wants to find her braver self and to be happy. She sets out on her journey but is she doing the right thing and does she know really what she wants? Mawsons attempts to help using meditation dont always have the desired effect. Frilly is easily distracted whether its by Honey-Choco-Mello-Creams or dreams and as can be seen, Frilly is not a natural artist!

With every page having a beautifully photographed bear
Donna Maguire

I really liked the idea behind this book in that it is a picture book for grown ups, and whilst it shouldnt really work, it does and it tells the moral of the story very well.

I thought it was done very cleverly and it really does get the point across and shows that we all need a little reassurance at times.

The story may be told by a Bear but it is not one really in my view for children, possibly those approaching teenages years but anyone any younger would
Jan Johnson
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully written story about a little bear named Frilly. Not sure if the real her is actually her Or someone else, she sets off on a path of self discovery. The book is cleverly written and photographed with a hint of adult humour for parents carers siblings etc. It is appealing to all ages. I love the psychology behind it. The perfect little gift for your perfect little person.
Jan Johnson
Elizabeth
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second in a series of picture books for grown-ups. I forgot how attached I'd gotten to this bear! Mawson is helping his small friend, Frilly, deal with some rather deep concerns.

'Who am I, really?'
'How do I find out?'
'Will I ever find happiness?'

Mawson offers kind words, warm hugs, and sage advice as Frilly sets on her quest to find 'ME.' Apart from the story itself, I adored all the carefully curated pictures. Everything is tailored to the bears, even the books on display, with
Lydia Giulio
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An uplifting story about a bear named Frilly who is on a quest to find herself and discover her life purpose.

She finds the support and encouragement that she seeks, in order to be able to embark on a journey to fulfil her quest, from her good friend, Mawson Bear.

Although afraid to enter into the unknown, Frilly musters up courage to pursue her quest.

I was immediately drawn to the beautiful photography and the unique pictures displayed throughout the book.

A very engaging picture book suitable for
Hina Tabassum
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Originally published on Hina Loves To Read

Frilly wants to do something big, something notice worthy. Do we all not? What she does not know is where to begin or how. In all her naivety (and also because the world will have us believe that we are not good enough), she decides that for her to achieve something, the first step is to change herself.

Her journey leads her to where she is meant to be and it is such a profound moment of realization when she finds what actually was needed was a little
Julia Firlotte
Dec 27, 2019 rated it liked it
My ten year old son says he liked the humour in it but the story didn't really make much sense, although the pictures are really nice.

My six year old daughter liked the 'Ahummmmmmm's' in the book. It was funny because Mawson bear sounded like he was trying to teach her yoga. It was good. I didn't understand the story though, but it was very funny.

Personally, as an adult, I liked the joke about touching nothing but there wasn't anything to touch and the photos in the book have clearly had a lot
Jane
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mawson Bear helps his friend Frilly in this very sweet and heartwarming story which highlights the importance of bravery and acceptance with beautiful photos. Recommended for adults and children alike.
Patricia Bossano
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful way to introduce lifes more philosophical questions to a child. Frilly is a charming, curious little bear who goes on a quest, not just to find herself but to find the courage she thinks she lacks to be able to bask in Loves bright light.
With Mawsons help she arrives at the conclusion that it feels good to be yourself. When Frilly uses her own voice to tell her story, the way she wants to tell it, love shines brightly on her because she is being true to her heart and she is no
Carola Schmidt
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unique, not obvious, and picturesque. I'm in love with Frilly and Mawson. Frilly wakes up Mawson to ask how to be bold. They don't have small talks. They talk about life--in a light and funny way. I recommend She Ran Away From Love, by Mawson, for adults and children.
Jane Hunt
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it

When I agreed to review this story, I thought it was a children's picture book, although I did wonder at the title, which seemed an odd one for a child's story. I enjoyed the themes considered, and the emotion conveyed but thought it was in many ways more appropriate to adults, or older children. Then, looking at the card that accompanied the book, I realised it is intended for adults or grownups.

The second in this series of picture books for grownups, it reads as a standalone. It explores the
Susan Hampson
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-reads
This is the second beautifully illustrated book by Mawson that is set out like a child's book but is aimed at adults that are finding certain areas of life difficult to cope with. This book deals with love.
Mawson is the wisest bear of them all but he still doesn't know all the answers to life's problems but he is always there to support his friends when they need reassurance. Each page brings with it lovely scenes that have been created in photos of Mawson and Frilly in different settings.
The
Anthony
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Review

This short yet heartwarming tale of a young bear struggling to find herself and write the story of her life will really speak to both children and adults. A beautiful blend of original photography with a creative, one of a kind narrative that brings the iconic classic teddy bear to life makes this read truly engaging.

Whether you read it to your child or are fascinated with the world of antique and collectible teddy bears, this book will really entertain and touch an emotional chord
Linda Hill
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Frilly is afraid of the light of love.

Those who know my reviews will expect me to make a complaint to begin with here because theres quite a mix of upper and lower case letters at times in She Ran Away From Love when they are not grammatically appropriate which should annoy me. However, instead, I felt this technique mirrored the confusion Frilly is feeling about her identity and allowing herself to love so that its a positive and not a negative.

I admire the themes explored her as She Ran Away
Margo
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
She Ran Away From Love written by Mawson Bear is a story about a young bear that goes on adventure to find her true self. This philisophic question - who am I - is beautifully written for both children and adults. The original photography brings the adventure of the bear, Frilly, to live.

If your child is starting to ask philisophic questions and you need some help to talk about the subject in a good way, I think this book will help. The mix with the photography makes the story original. I
Jody Joy
Mar 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: own-it
My grandchildren liked the humor in the book but the story didn't really make much sense to them. I myself didn't understand the story either, so I don't believe this book should be geared towards the 1-8 age group. The idea behind the book was good, but I do not feel it is made for younger children even though the story is told by a young bear.

I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Luna
While this is a picture book its more for adults then for children. Frilly has all the hard questions:

Who am I, really?
How do I find out?
Will I ever find happiness?

In an attempt to find the answers, she sets out on a quest by herself. The resolution is also multi-layered, something that I think works for adult readers but if directed as young children might be confusing.

I enjoyed that this picture book was for a grown-up audience and the message it was trying to project. I am not a huge fan of
Felicity Terry
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Well! Certainly very different from my usual kind of read but surprisingly good.

The story of Frilly who is frightened by the idea of love, She Ran away From Love follows the adventures of a cute little teddy bear as she bravely steps out to conquer her fears ... and who knows maybe even finds herself in the process.

Marketed as being suitable for both children and adults, on the face of it every thing about the books shouts 'children' and yet ...

And yet, what is basically a picture book, whilst
Jolene
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute little read for grown ups
Adele
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
This is a delightful little picture book with an important message for young minds. When all around us we are bombarded by images of what 'being happy' is, your happy is not what has millions of likes. Mawson the big cuddly bear encourages his little friend Frilly to find her own happy; she is scared but knows she has to be brave to take the first steps in her quest.
The author has created a very child friendly approach for young children to learn about themselves. The images are cute and the
Carly Rheilan
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Theres a stage in young childrens lives when they want the same book every night, sometimes several times. (Later, when youre old and your kids are grown, you remember these books with deep and sentimental affection, and wrap their battered remains in tissue paper, remembering sweet times past but at the time, harrassed, exhausted, and a tiny bit (dare I say it?) bored, you just wish your child would move on preferably to Booker prize winners or at least Cosmopolitan magazine because it feels ...more
Hasanthi
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As I mentioned before this is the second  book by Mawson. You can read my review to the first book by checking out my blog.
(https://hasanthisbookworld.wordpress....)

This is a story of a little bear called Frilly who is determined to be brave and she is in a quest to find her self. Frilly wants to find the purpose of life. She receives the support for her quest through her dear friend, Mawson. There is deeper meaning the book carries and conveys to the reader.

The photographs were adorable. I
Morgane
Jan 08, 2020
Jasmine
Jan 11, 2020
Mawson Bear
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Books4Jessica
Joey Woolfardis
Jan 21, 2020

• The Ivory Gate
  • Milly's Marvellous Mistakes
  • Esme's Wish (Esme Series #1)
  • Concrete Justice (Warner #2)
  • Betrayal: The Hidden Truth
  • Jon Richter's Disturbing Works (Volume Two): Another Collection Of Dark Stories
  • Shameless (My Best Friend's Daughter)
  • Acquiring Analise (K&S Securities, #2)
  • Mandy's Claiming (Wild Mustang Security Firm, #0.5)
  • Chased By The Light (Scion, #1)
  • When You Were Mine (Stone Lake, #2)
  • Before We Fall (Stone Lake #3)
  • Heat (Russo Saga, #1)
  • The Seller of Sins
  • Crazy-Ass Stories For Crazy-Ass People
  • On the Outward Edge (The Butcher of Porwia, #1)
  • The Pool Boy's Beatitude
  • Resurrection (The Vendetta, #1)
Mawson, the big hearted, soul searching teddy bear, is here to help. He is one of the few writer-bears in this bright world. He ponders about how to be one's best. Then he puts his ponders into books.

A modest bear of generous proportions, distinctive in his white fur coat and bow tie, he feels confident that things are going to be All Right.

In It's A Bright World To Feel Lost In he ponders the