Start by marking “One Complicated Christmas” as Want to Read:
One Complicated Christmas

One Complicated Christmas

What’s a girl to do when she needs to bury the memories of her past?

Apparently, book a room at a cozy Vermont inn for Christmas…as if that’s going to fix years of pining for the one that got away. It doesn’t matter. This holiday getaway is exactly what the doctor ordered. I’m ready to close that heartbreaking chapter in my life for good and start the new year with a bang.

To ask other readers questions about One Complicated Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Complicated Christmas

Start your review of One Complicated Christmas
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
RATING 4.5 STARS

One Complicated Christmas is a wonderful novella by Mika Jolie. This is my very first book by Mika. The writing is beautiful and the setting is gorgeous. This is a second chance romance.

Sasha Kovac is a twenty six year old out of work massage therapist. Six years ago Sasha had found what she thought was the love of her life while she was in college. But then he just disappeared from her life. He left her with a broken heart. A heart that in six years has never fully recovered.
Carvanz
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what an absolutely beautiful read!

Image result for ski mountain

When Sasha is at loose ends for Christmas, she decides to find closure from a painful lost love by traveling to Vermont where she plans to burn the past. What she doesn’t plan on is running into the man that broke her heart six years ago. As hard as she fights it, the truth is she’s always loved Joe but the years have encased her to the point she may never truly be able to move from the pain.

’Instead of open wounds, I wanted to have silvery scars, healed
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
One Complicated Christmas is a sweet and easy festive read. I felt I was enjoying the winter wonderland scenery myself, ready to sit by the fire and enjoy an eggnog.

This story is well-paced and the author uses descriptive language to transport you to the mountains of Vermont at Christmas. Joe and Sasha are both likeable characters but I would have liked more depth to their personalities.

The second chance storyline is a genre I enjoy, the storyline was somewhat predictable. The idea that you
Dawn Strickland
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'Tis the Season of Love
One Complicated Christmas is a sweet, second chance romance. Sasha heads to Yeti, Vermont for the holidays. Blanketed in snow and teeming with holiday cheer, it appears to be a perfect place to heal her soul. However it also happens to be home to Joe, Sasha's college love. Sasha and Joe are surprised to see each other again. The interactions they have are emotional and achy. Their chemistry still sizzles, but anger and fear threaten to quell their connection. With the help
Judy
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a second chance romance set in the picturesque little town of Yeti, Vermont. There is snow, skiing, a hot ski instructor with a soft heart, fires in the fireplace and gingerbread cookies. This story is warm and full of spirit and a perfect read to kick off the Christmas romance season for me.
Sasha and Joe were college sweethearts. When he disappeared without a word, it broke her heart. When Sasha takes steps to move on after six years, she runs into the last man she expects to see. As
Mybookscafe
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
" You know it's love when your feelings don't leave even if the person does "

I swear to you, Mika Jolie is the queen of finding the right quotes to capture the feelings of the chapter.

One complicated Christmas is a short and sweet read. If you're looking for a book that will give you the holiday feelings then this is the book for you.

I truly enjoyed everything about Sasha and Joe's story. The emotions of love and pain ran deep between these two. The characters were easy to connect with ,
Erica
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We readers must be on the nice list this year because Mika Jolie just gifted us a fantastic novella! This second chance romance, with a snowy Vermont backdrop, delivers sweet lovable characters and some soul searing chemistry all wrapped up with a Christmas bow. I can't wait to see what the author has in store for secondary character Emily and her daughter Raven. Do yourself a favor and snag this book. You won't regret it!
Jill Urbanek Gauger
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book.
Sasha is going to a small B&B in Vermont this year for Christmas. Her parents are on a cruise and she is going to be alone for the first time at Christmas. She is going to finally move on with her life since her heart was broken 6 years ago.
Joe is a Assistant Professor and Ski Instructor during school break. He also longs for the girl he left behind when his sister needed him.
This book is about love lost, forgiveness and love reunited. New beginnings for all.
Paulette
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book could easily be a Hallmark or Lifetime Christmas movie. It had it all, the picturesque setting, the lovely story, the yearning and the romance. It made me wish I could be in this beautiful town with all the lovely people. It even had a little angst. While I was reading I yearned to be in this town with my cup of hot chocolate (or does coco sound more festive?) or mulled wine.
It’s a quick read and believe me you won’t want to put it down.
It made me wonder wether or not fate really does
Emma Johnston
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Christmas story of the year and about 3 chapters in the author made me want to put up my tree - my husband said no haha!

This book made my heart so happy!! As a Christmas-a-holic, this boom was perfection. I loved the storyline, the second chance romance. And I'm so hoping we get an Emily story!
Carolyn
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a nice Christmas second chance romance. It’s a short book and a great way to spend a cold winter day. Sasha has come to Vermont to spend her first Christmas alone since her parents are on a cruise. She has two goals on this trip. One is to learn to ski and the other is to burn letters she has written over the last six years to an ex boyfriend and finally let him go so she can get on with her life. That last one isn’t going to be so easy because the B & B she is staying at is owned by ...more
Joyce
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The perfect Christmas story!
I’m a sucker for a second chance romance, throw in the picturesque Vermont Christmas setting, and I was smitten! Ms. Jolie’s books are complex, without the angst. Sweet, without being saccharine. Sasha and Joe are given an unexpected second chance to rekindle their college love affair at a beautiful ski resort. Second chance at love, second chance at making a life well lived after horrible mistakes. I loved everything about this book!
Vondetta Carter
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous read on what was lost is found again. Sasha wanted to get over Joe and rid him from her heart. Joe had never forgotten the woman who had changed his life but he had wronged. A trip to Vermont forever changed both of their lives after 6(six) long years.
For a forever hopeful like me..this story was all that and more.
Thank you Ms. Jolie for writing such a story as this..
Leisa Ann
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this short second chance book! Quick read, great characters, perfect story of chance encounters, second chances and true love.
Courtney Anderson
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great story of heartbreak, trying to move, and letting go of the past sounds simple right? Nothing is ever that simple especially for Sasha who has decided it is time for her to shed the past and reinvent herself by moving on. She then heads to Vermont planning to have a relaxing holiday while ridding herself of the past heartache, yet once she gets to the Inn she is staying at there her past appears and takes her by surprise. Joseph broke her heart years ago, left her high and dry, and ...more
Mandy Casey
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Joe and Sasha’s story is just amazing. I love second chance romances and this one is exceptionally written! Sasha is ready to be over her ex until she runs into him again. And Joe. I mean, he was an idiot, but is such a good person! I could read about these two for 3 more days and it wouldn’t be enough.
Donna
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet short Christmas story about getting a second chances.
Sasha decides to do a Christmas holiday getaway since she has lost her job, parents retired and are on a cruise and she has no one to spend Christmas with. So off she goes to a B & B in Yeti, Vt taking along with her to burn when she gets there are letters she wrote 6 yrs ago to her boyfriend Joe. Joe took off without saying goodbye or telling her why he was leaving. All she heard was the name Emily and thought he was
Emily Torrance
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get an ARC of this! I want to snuggle up in front of a fire with hot cocoa and a book after reading this! A quick, heart-filled read to put you in the mood for Christmas! Great characters you can relate to, and loved going on this journey with them! Now I want Emily’s story! Would recommend to all my friends!
Angie
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this festive, sweet holiday read.
Sasha and Joe are super sweet. Their journey to their hea isn't so easy.
Who would have thought 6 years would pass before they each found happiness and love again.
True soul mates are ment to be. They last forever. This fun holiday book is sure to get you into the spirit of christmas. A must read.
5/5
Evelyn Nicolett
Jules
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Sweet Christmas Novella

One Complicated Christmas tells the story of Sasha and Joe, a couple that broke apart in college, running into each other in a small Vermont ski town.
While Sasha seems to still be struggling, and trying to overcome her lingering feelings for Joe, he looks to have moved on. But seeing her again resurfaces all that.
It's a sweet Christmas novella that gives you the sweet happiness of a Hallmark movie.
Kayleigh Woods
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this in less than an hour! I LOVED IT!! :D <3

Sasha is heartbroken. After losing her heart and soul to her soulmate six years ago, Sasha decides to travel to Yeti, Vermont for Christmas. With a bag and envelopes by her side, she's determined to burn the final pieces of her old self and revitalize herself into a newer, more confident woman- one who can move on without Joe. She's ready to ski, drink some hot chocolate, and try to have herself a merry little Christmas.

So why is it that
Rebecca Whaley
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was just what I needed! A wonderful, spicy, Christmas story. I loved it. Definitely don't need a fire to warm you up if you have this book. Sasha and Joe are awesome characters and the story is fantastic. I had so much fun reading this. Definitely check it out!
Gina Burkart
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet second chance read that will have you loving this short fast pace read of a love that will making you falling in love again.
Debbie Ohrem
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun book! A few twists and lots of fun! Thank you for a great holiday book Mika!
Selina Durio
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fate, chance, destiny— whatever you call it Joe and Sasha are it. When you go away to try and start over and run straight in to your past it is obviously meant to be. This was a fantastic, quick but complete read. Great for a holiday story.
Leanne
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this sweet short second chance story. The characters were wonderfully written, the story was sweetly beautiful, and it shows that true love can win in the end.
V Meade
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second Chance romances are my ultimate favorite trope. Ms. Jolie does not disappoint with One Complicated Christmas. Joe and Sasha have been seperated for six years and Sasha is looking for closure, so she can move on. What no one expected was for Joe to be at the B&B where she has decided to find her closure. Can Sasha forgive Joe for six years of pain? Can Joe help Sasha realize that she was his all along?

Ms. Jolie's writing is amazing. I felt the characters struggle and happiness. I
Linda Buzard-Moffitt
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun, quick read, holiday story with a Happily Ever After ending. I liked the epilogue and extended epilogue also.
Lene Norway
Shelves: reviews
This is the kind of story you'll fall in love with instantly and never forget. It is sweet, heartwrenching and fun, all at the same time.
« previous 1 3 next »
Romance Retreat: One Complicated Christmas is NOW LIVE 1 9 21 hours, 3 min ago
Romance Retreat: COVER REVEAL to get you in the HOLIDAY SPIRIT 1 5 Nov 12, 2019 04:10AM
Romance Retreat: Holiday Romance 1 10 Oct 28, 2019 04:38AM

• Wild Open Hearts (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • The Billionaire's Forbidden Little Sister
  • Rough Sketch
  • Southern Heartbreaker (Charleston Heat, #4)
  • Mythical Creatures
  • The Price Of Scandal (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Imperfect Saint (All Saints Security Series)
  • The Hardest Shot (Indianapolis Eagles, #7)
  • No Vacancy
  • The Mogul and the Muscle (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Crazy for Loving You (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • More than Friends
  • Into the Fire: A Magical Paranormal Fantasy Novel (The Unseelie Court Book 4)
  • It's a Wonderful Life
  • Hard Pressed (Talbott’s Cove, #2)
  • Smoldered
  • Blood Bound (Reign of Blood Trilogy, #1)
  • Resist: (Lycan Academy of Shapeshifting: Operation Shift, Book 3)
Mika Jolie is the bestselling author of the Martha’s Way series. She lives in New Jersey with her Happy Chaos—her husband and their energizer bunnies. A sports fanatic and a wine aficionado, she’s determined to balance it all and still write about life experiences and matters of the heart. Let’s face it, people are complicated and love can be messy. When she’s not weaving life and romance into ...more