Start by marking “NFL Brawler: A Player-Turned-Agent's Forty Years in the Bloody Trenches of the National Football League” as Want to Read:

NFL Brawler is a raucous first-person account of an NFL under siege by the game's first player-turned-agent, Ralph Cindrich, the original "Blind Side" agent whose entertaining pro football memoir takes readers behind the scenes of the game's most important and outrageous drafts, deals, and trades; takes on NFL scandals by tellin' it like it is; and takes readers closer to ...more
Expected publication: July 1st 2020 by Lyons Press (first published August 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about NFL Brawler, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about NFL Brawler

Start your review of NFL Brawler: A Player-Turned-Agent's Forty Years in the Bloody Trenches of the National Football League
Ben
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The only likeable sports agent I've read about (other than Jerry Maguire, who was fictional) has penned a surprisingly good read, primarily anecdotes about negotiation trench warfare with colorful but egomaniacal GMs and coaches.
Steven Schaedel
A good read. What I perceive as factural...
Carianne Carleo-Evangelist
Small town Avella, PA came to life in the early part of Cindrich's book, but you had to know Aliquippa was going to come up. Somehow it always does in football tales so it's only fitting that he & Mary ended up marrying there. I enjoyed the underlying child of immigrant stories in the early parts of the book - such a classic tale in the early/mid 20th century especially in such a blue collar area. Small Town USA.

As much as this book was a tribute to NFL Pioneers in Art Rooney, Jo
Ian Allan
Mar 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: football
It was pretty good for a while, then I got sick of it.

I don't like his tone. He's been an NFL agent for 40 years, and if this book is to be believed, he's won every negotiation he's ever been involved in. There's no mention of any mistakes that were made at any point along the way.

He's tough. He's a bad ass. He's the most honest guy in his field. And he's not afraid to got head to head against any NFL owner to brawl for a great deal for his clients. That's what you get fo
David
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a must read for any NFL fan. Ralph Cindrich speaks forthrightly and credibly as a former player and sports agent. Great insight into the dynamics between players and owners in the modern NFL; his barstool stories and first-hand anecdotes salted throughout the book make it a most interesting read. I would love to hear his take on the upcoming Collective Bargaining Agreement and the future of the sport. He has its pulse.
John
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
I really enjoyed this book. I am a big fan of the game and it was refreshing to hear things from an agent’s perspective. Patricia Traina, a NY Giants beat writer I respect, recommended this and it did not disappoint.
Jon Galante
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the BEST book I've ever read, which combines sports, law, and the art of communication in life. Ralph Cindrich will keep you captivated via humorous stories, showing how deals are crafted and some classic stories about how relationships are formed in professional sports. Ralph will show you why it's important to never burn bridges in business; especially a close-knit fraternity like the NFL - which stands for Not For Long! Ralph personally emailed me back about an internship when I was i ...more
Paul
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports-nfl
Took me a while to get into this book, but really this s a book for anyone who is interested in the NFL; more specifically on the issue of contracts and free agency. Basically its a collection of stories from the author and also it shows the development of contracts in the NFL. Other than that, I think the latter part of this book is really good as it shows how the author looks out for the best interest of his clients. There's also a part on the issue of concussions in the NFL which is good for ...more
Cat.
Nov 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you have any interest in the behind-the-scenes side of football, and what "Show Me The Money!!!" really looks like, this book will be fun. The guy's kind of a blowhard, but it IS his story, so I guess he can tell it the way he wants to. I liked it. Didn't recognize many names of players he repped, but it was interesting how negotiation worked, decades ago and recently.
John
Oct 11, 2019
John Dimoia
Aug 31, 2015
Warren Sidwell
rated it did not like it
Nov 11, 2018

• Relentless: A Memoir
  • NFL Confidential: True Confessions from the Gutter of Football
  • Collision Low Crossers: A Year Inside the Turbulent World of NFL Football
  • Belichick: The Making of the Greatest Football Coach of All Time
  • Not for Long: The Life and Career of the NFL Athlete
  • The GM: The Inside Story of a Dream Job and the Nightmares that Go with It
  • In the Locker Room: Tales of the Pittsburgh Steelers from the Playing Field to the Broadcast Booth
  • Second to None: The Relentless Drive and the Impossible Dream of the Super Bowl Bills
  • Clear and Present Danger (Jack Ryan, #5)
  • It's Not About the Shark: How to Solve Unsolvable Problems
  • Red Storm Rising
  • Command Culture: Officer Education in the U.S. Army and the German Armed Forces, 1901-1940, and the Consequences for World War II
  • Longstreet at Gettysburg: A Critical Reassessment
  • Tales from the New England Patriots Sideline: A Collection of the Greatest Stories of the Team's First 40 Years
  • Drive for Five: The Remarkable Run of the 2016 Patriots
  • Belichick and Brady: Two Men, the Patriots, and How They Revolutionized Football
  • Football for a Buck: The Crazy Rise and Crazier Demise of the USFL