Start by marking “Fireborne (Raven Cursed # 1)” as Want to Read:
Fireborne (Raven Cursed # 1)

Fireborne

(Raven Cursed #1)

My magic isn’t just a curse – it’s an addiction. I crave it the way some people crave chocolate. But, chocolate doesn’t kill – my magic does.

I’m Raven Cursed. When I borrow magic from someone, they die. That’s always been the case—until I met my client, the devilishly handsome and enigmatic Mephisto. He has his own brand of unique magic and a mysterious past he
Published November 1st 2019 by Sky Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fireborne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fireborne

Start your review of Fireborne (Raven Cursed # 1)
Rhiannon Chillingworth
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Maybe 3.9999999. I enjoyed this a lot, but something that I almost can't put my finger on made this just a teeny bit short of a 4 star read. It did however, remind me of how much I love Urban Fantasy.

This book is interesting, and there's a lot to be said for integrating these days. It's set in a paranormal world, but one that is quite complex, to the point where we are still as much in the dark as Erin. I sort of wanted a bit more in terms of answers, but I appreciated the world buil
Marcia
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
UF is my go-to genre and I can honestly say I have never come across anything like Fireborn. For somebody so dangerous, Erin is incredibly endearing and it's probably because she's perhaps one of the most relatable and lifelike characters I've encountered to date. She doesn't really care about the rules, she just respects them because they serve as contingency. She does care for the people in her life a great deal and most of what she does is for them, even tho they barely understand and accept ...more
Missy Brown
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!

This was not what I was expecting!! Filled with lots of snark, action, and just a touch of romance. Fireborne is an excellent first look into the Raven Cursed series and I absolutely have to have more.
Jenny Koch
Interesting word build - I'm curious to see where this story will go. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that this doesn't turn into a RH series because I really dislike those.
Helen Wawrejko
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Borrowed magic

This book's beginning was exactly the free novella that was given out. Not listed as sample chapters, it was re reading all of it in this book. I hated it. Don't give me sample chapters and call it a novella. That said, I really like the book. The mystery, the magic, side characters. The little bam of a reveal at the end. I was very entertained in spite of the rehash.
d.mcnicholas
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
An entertaining adventure begins

Erin is Raven Cursed. She craves magic like an addict and because of a terrible crime in her past, is treated with aversion by most. In this world of magic and mayhem Erin must find a way to control her need for magic before she commits an unspeakable act.
In this story with meet sophisticated vampires, a arrogant wolf shifter with attitude and the mysterious Mephisto. He is an enigma to all and no one knows what he quite is, only that he has unlimited power. E
Amanda
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fireborne exceeded any expectations I thought I had. It was full of snark, humor, and so many twists that made for a fantastic read! I've never been so curious over a character before and the main curiosity of this book is by far Mephisto. All the things that's revealed of him pales in comparison to all things that are still an unknown. And the mystery of the Raven and Raven Cursed is another curiosity that had me trying to read faster to see if there was going to be more crumbs given...and the ...more
Richelle Rodarte
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love the banter and complex relationship between Erin and Madison.

I want Benton The door dude's job (just love it)... This book is truly amazing and I am again deeply impressed by McKenzie Hunter and this book more than exceeded my expectations.

I really love Mephisto his character is fascinating and I love the mystery surrounding the Raven Cursed. This book is filled with complex and interesting characters and the storyline is mysterious and full of tension.

If you love a
Janet Dunbar
Why?!

I know, I waited so long for another McKenzie book, and I knew that it was going to be worth the wait. For this new series we got a glimpse of where the story was going to be headed in the Novella, A deaths Kiss, but this is definitely better than I expected. When I thought I knew what was going to happen, Bam! That’s totally not what happened. Once again McKenzie left me wanting more, and begging her to hurry up and give me the next book. Because that cliff hanger!!!!!
Toni
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read everything else McKenzie Hunter has written and this is by far my favourite yet. What a way to start the new series.
Erin is quite possibly the most relatable of all her female lead characters, with her unusual magical abilities, her struggles in trying to live up to expectations in controlling it and enough flaws to make her real and likeable. Mephisto reveals enough of himself to intrigue and yet hides enough to leave you wondering just who and what he really is. A wonderfully d
Lynn Novi
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A refreshing twist on magic

I love this magic thief Raven Cursed story! Following Erin and her broken life feels like getting pulled into an intervention. I love the mystery and intrigue around the sexy M. I can feel Erin's curiosity, desire, and pull to figure out his magic. Then there's her other alpha man, Asher. Who's she gonna pick? And boom goes the cliffhanger. Erin needs some love or more alcohol.
Rivaley Patterson
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great start to this new series

I loved reading this, Erin's character is an enigma, I am not sure how I feel about her as yet. I love Mephisto so far as a love interest for Erin, but the love hate relationship with Asher is funny and I love the dynamics between them. So far this book is a 5 star for me, I am ready to find out more about the these characters, I can't wait for the next book.
Edyta
What an awesome ride

This book has great characters, a good story that promises much more to come, great pace, action, humor, and definitely some sexual tension. There are definitely plenty of moments that grip your heart and truly pull you in as if you are the main character, or as if you want to be her BFF. I can’t wait to see what’s next. There is so much mystery around these characters, I absolutely NEED to know more. Love it!
Stacy Hall
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A real page turner that will keep you up all night! If you like supernatural (Magick, vampires, and Shifters) this is definitely the book for you. If you have read Sky Brooks and Legacy Series and loved it, then you will not be disappointed! Amazing characters and story line as always! McKenzie's books always pull me into the beautiful worlds she creates and keeps me there till the end!
Stacey mann
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I Absolutely love this new series. It’s full of amazing characters and the gifts they posses are so unique, it so refreshing to read something new and different. The MC is kick ass and funny, and the other characters are just as enthralling, the whole book is fast pasted and action packed. I can’t recommend it enough.
Kylie
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read previous books by this author & loved them. She has a fab way of drawing you in & making you want to be part of the magical world shes created. Firebourne is an amazing read that draws you in & leaves you wanting more. The characters are intriguing & the story is full of action & suspense, ready to preorder book 2 🥰
Dianna Lee grant
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it

I have not read a book by McKenzie Hunter that I have not love. They take me straight into the world that she is writing in. I cannot wait for books to come out in this series!
Josephine
This book frustrated me. I was interested in the premise, but the main character's contradictory opinions on how to handle her own magic and the lack of any real plot progression in the story just made reading the book like pulling teeth. Not for me.
Alexandri Duesterbeck
WOW!

I can't tell you how much I loved this book! This first book was amazing. I love how kickass Erin is, she's my new favorite heroine. This story had me not wanting to put the book down. I cant wait for more! An amazingly written book from an amazing author.
Natalia
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was my first by McKenzie and I love it.
Erin was a breath of fresh air. She's sassy, strong minded... She didn't swoon all over for the guy and I loved that there was no sex... The slow burn is insane but I think I see a love triangle forming in the horizon... Can't wait for book 2
Jessica Strater
Another awesome read

Fantastic start to this story. Great character and world building like always. I expected nothing less from Mckenzie. Can't wait for the next book!!
Leigh Isabella Black
A new world

McKenzie has created yet another amazing world, i could not and did not put this book down..i cannot wait for the next one! ❤
Kortland Wood
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really liked this one. Intriguing premise, left me on a bit of a cliffhanger even though the current crisis was finished. Definitely looking forward to book 2!
Maria Burke
Great new series

A great start to a brand new series from McKenzie Hunter. Erin is a kickass heroine, I can't wait for the next book!
lena mcnally
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

Amazing book yet again McKenzie Hunter has excelled amazing characters had me hooked from the start yet another series that has me desperate for the next book
Nicole Schutz
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! McKenzie Hunter did it again! I laughed so hard.
Dionne
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
A super first book in a new series. Interesting world building and strong characters. I look forward to the next book.
Tasha Higgins
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book! The characters are interesting and complex and I want more of them, to unravel their layers. A story line that was equally interesting. I can't wait for the next book in the series!
Devaeriel
Nov 01, 2019
Christina
Nov 11, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Slaying Monsters for the Feeble (The Guild Codex: Demonized, #2)
  • The Alchemist and an Amaretto (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #5)
  • Lunar Bound (Sky Brooks World: Ethan Book 4)
  • Oath Sworn (Jacky Leon Book 1)
  • Spirit of the Fae (Dragon's Gift: The Dark Fae #4)
  • Taming Demons for Beginners (The Guild Codex: Demonized #1)
  • Releasing The Gods (The Titan's Saga #1)
  • A Ghost of a Chance (The Nightwatch #1)
  • Scales and Skeletons (Trixie Towers, #2)
  • Winter (Evermore Academy, #1)
  • Wicked Wings (Lizzie Grace, #5)
  • Queen of the Fae (Dragon's Gift: The Dark Fae #3)
  • Gut Deep (Torn Worlds Book 1)
  • Supernatural Academy: Year Two (Supernatural Academy, #2)
  • Shadow Magic (Hidden Magic Book 1)
  • Firstborn Academy: Shadow Trials
  • Heir of the Fae (Dragon's Gift: The Dark Fae #2)
  • Dark Dancer (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #3)
Sign up for McKenzie's mailing list to be notified of updates, promotions, cover reveals, and new releases:

Facebook Group:

Amazon Author's Page:
amazon.com/author/mckenziehunter

McKenzie, as a child, discovered that her life could be a whirlwind of adventures by simply opening a book. To this day, reading is still her favori