Start by marking “Shadow Master (The Nightwatch Academy #4)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Master (The Nightwatch Academy #4)

Shadow Master

(The Nightwatch Academy #4)

The tide has turned, and chaos hovers on the horizon.

There can be no looking back. There can be no second guessing, because the lives that matter most to me are on the line.

No one gets left behind.
It's time to walk into the storm.

The Vampire Academy meets Game of Thrones in this kick-ass, supernatural academy, Urban Fantasy with a slow burn Why Choose Romance.
Published January 9th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Master, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow Master

Start your review of Shadow Master (The Nightwatch Academy #4)
soph
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is the last I’m this series. It has a few loose ends but the nightwatch series continues in the story from the mortal realm end. Justice is an alpha female MC, she is written as a leader. I got a little lost with the magical aspects towards the end but over all a very well written ending.

The development of justice is so evident throughout all the books, she comes into her own and it’s brilliant to see a kick arse UF MC who is not afraid to be the leader and think with her head and make
Rhiannon Chillingworth
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Brilliant ending to the series.

You always know what you're going to get with Debbie, and that is a damned good action packed, kick ass urban fantasy read, with a RH bonus on the side.

Indigo has a lot on her plate and I loved seeing her step up, kick ass and take charge. Her growth from the start of book 1 has been excellent. She is also refreshingly doesn't run around making stupid decision, like you see with a lot of heroines, and thinks with her head here a lot.

What I was the most delighted
Debbie Cassidy
Jan 03, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
3 days left!

Amber
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a way to go out with a bang! This was such an amazing conclusion to a great series. This book had you on the edge of your seat right from the beginning and didn't let up. The only thing I would change is the issue with Harmon. I hate the way it ending for him and I hope that he will get a happy ending at some point.
Linda
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
Brittany Smith
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Debbie Cassidy has quite quickly become one of my favorite authors to read! She writes amazing FC that think with their head and they can take charge- Justice is definitely not a shrinking violet in this series!

At long last we finally see the ending we want for Justice and her boys! The plot does thicken and the action never stops in this book. The characters are thrown another set of trials in this installment and to see how they get on and work through it together is quite extraordinary. The
Denise H
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Debbie Cassidy has outdone herself with Shadow Master, the final book in The Nightwatch Academy series. From the epic cliffhanger in the last book, Shadow Warrior, this book jumps directly into the chaos and the aftermath and is non-stop on the edge of your seat excitement from the first page to the very last. Literally! I had the pleasure to read an advanced copy of this book and I could not put it down once I started. I read it in a couple of hours and was completely wowed when I was done.

Heather Gilbert
I have read quite a few collections penned by Debbie Cassidy, and through all those worlds and narratives I have come to expect one thing.... not every thread will be tied. While we may get the coveted HEA, there ARE questions left unanswered and potentials left unexplored. It's a bit painful, but also a touch refreshing. Life doesn't give us all the answers, why should our entertainment? Even if that entertainment is painted with a paranormal brush?

Picking up right where Book 3 leaves off,
lauren
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
Update for the little Hypocrites (wink)

Didn't like this last book, and let me explain why, this is not a finished book to a good series, no this is something else. We have the push and pull between Hyde and our heroine throughout the whole series, the issue, he's not the only lover, yet that's pretty much how it felt, no one got any real spot light except these two which is kind of sad seeing she had others that were really there, my thing, why make this a RH? It didn't feel like a RH at all, it
Andrea Green
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an amazing ending to another wonderful series by Debbie Cassidy. Each time you finish one of her sets of books you think that she won’t be able to better it and then wham!!! you are hit with another fabulous addiction - she is like a good box of chocolates as you just can’t ever get enough.
This series had such complex characters including a scarred war veteran, a mutated human, a troll half breed- add to the mix vampires, Shifters and Casters
RileyJ
Jan 11, 2020 rated it liked it
I love Debbie Cassidy. I see a new book out, I read it, no hesitation, it's how much I enjoy Cassidy's books.
It's not that they're perfect or anything but they're just so damn much fun. This one however, I feel conflicted about.
I was fun for sure but it felt so so rushed. That's not the first time that's happened in the last installement of one of her series. For The Blood's last book had the same issue (fortunately it had an additional book so it resolved that problem).
But that's not the thing
Camila
Jan 11, 2020 rated it liked it
First of all...

I WAS TEAM LLOYD. WHY COULDN’T HE BE IN THE HAREM? WHY?.
*dramatic tantrum*

*claims cool and calm demeanor*

I simply don’t understand.

This book was like a bad quickie with some sorry-dicked dude in the bathroom of the mediocre club on a Friday night when all you wanted was Prince Charming and HEAPS of romance on a petal colored bed WITH four posters on an exotic getaway vacation.

Yeah.

Hyde: I seriously lost interest in this back and forth bullshit they had going on but yet.. he made
Abbi
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
This one is tough to review. On one hand I love the overall storyline and think the author created a really interesting world. I went into this totally blind based on a random amazon suggestion and the series pleasantly surprised me. It’s not standard Academy fare and the main character is definitely not your typical Academy student. She actually reads as more of a mid-20s and if they didn’t mention that she was 19 (once in the whole series) then I would not have pegged her for that age.

I did
Lourdes Sreb
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reverse-harem
Lovely ending to the series! Debbie Cassidy did a great job. There were some loose ends that were not finished. I do wonder if the author will have a spin-off for one particular character and maybe a prequel for certain other?

I couldn’t give this a full 5 stars. Yes the plot was action driven. But the way it was tied up was a little too neat for me. It was just shy of acceptable. Justice is the main character and therefore she is special and therefore will save everyone yada yada yada but I had
Lene Blackthorn
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Epic finale to this epic series.
After the attack and destruction of the fortress, Indigo is put into more difficult role than before - being given the pin, she is now the Shadow master and has to take things firmly into her hands, hoping the shadow cadets will follow her, and so will do the others who matter in times of war. However, her personal quests won't go aside just because of some war. She can multitask.. only the threat is much bigger than expected, and it is certain there will be
Missy Brown
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shadow Master is the final book in the Nightwatch Academy. I was very much looking forward to this book, not because it was the last one in this series, but because of the cliffhanger of the last book. I had to know what happened next. And oh boy what an ending. As always Debbie had me on the edge of my seat with her writing style, the pace of the story and her ability to make her words seem like watching a movie play out.

A lot of things happen here, the past is exposed and Debbie does an
Naurarwen
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's time for the epic conclusion of The Nightwatch Academy series and after that killer cliffhanger at the end of Shadow Warrior, Shadow Master starts up right where book 3 left off. The fortress has been destroyed and as far as Indigo knows everyone is inside is dead. I started this book straight away with my heart in my mouth over the conclusion of Shadow Warrior and I was anxious to know what had happened to those still in the fortress.

This was a perfect ending to a perfect series. I admit I
Vicki
I'm like a broken record when it comes to Debbie Cassidy's books - always enjoyable and easy reads, always fast-paced and entertaining. This last book in this series has dangerous adventures culminating in a final battle that the series has been building toward, all of which were fun to read about - really liked Lugh and the tie-in to a situation some characters experienced in the "Ghost" series set in this world. It has romance with various heroes - Hyde is still my favorite, by far! - and ...more
Mara
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
I read the whole series in one go. It started strong, but unfortunately went down hill along the books. The harem scenario is always pretty ridiculous. I'm not poly so I need quite a strong story/motivation to believe the romance, and here it was basically unexplained lust. It was purely ridiculous to me, everyone and their uncle fell in lust with her. The most wanted vagina in the world. And all of it in the middle of a catastrophic war to boot.

At the end of the day this is a wish fulfillment
Nancyghg
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
The final book in this series didn't disappoint too much. I was very excited to know what would happen in this great series that hooked me right from the very first chapter of the series.
This final book does a great job of recapping all the important details from all 3 prior books, perfect for someone who has not read all 3 prior books, but in doing so it lost my attention a bit. I still do love the story line and think Cassidy does a brilliant job of tying every book together. This final book
Deissy
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
his nightwatch academy is to die for! the best of the best!

what an awesome series! I am satisfied how this came to a conclusion. The story was amazing from start to finish and it never waver. It kept getting stronger and stronger just like our hero Indigo. That girl is pure bad-a**!!! Her romance was a rocky start but ended on a very strong note! so much love and tears! Indigo endured obstacles after obstacles in her daily life and routine and not even that brought her down. she owned them and
Stacy
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed The Nightwatch Academy series.

SHADOW MASTER was a great finale to the series. Storylines were tied up and relationships were cemented.

I really enjoyed Indigo's development throughout the series. In SHADOWMASTER she really has to step up to save the day and she fit nicely into the niche she found herself in. For those that have been waiting for her relationship with Hyde to finally peek, you will enjoy their development here.

With previous books, there was plenty of action and suspense
Nikki Hall
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shadow master starts with indigo digging through the rubble looking for Hyde whilst trying to come to terms with a death of a friend and the fact that Brady has been taken.

We see indigo come into her own in this book and except her self for who she really is , Her relationship with Kash blossoms as well as her relationship with her other lovers.

But all is not as it seems and we see allies and enemies come together to fight the real threat not only to the academy and the magic realm but also to
Mona  Brown
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another amazing story from Debbie Cassidy. She is becoming one of my must read authors and for good reasons.
Once I started reading this series I knew I was going to be in for a ride and this the final book in the series does not disappoint. There's so much action, excitment and suspense that once you start reading it, you will not be able to stop. It's fast paced and just amazing.
While Indigo and the guys may have come to an end, the way the story ends I feel like we just may see them
Noxwitchbooklife
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The last and wonderfully thrilling end to this excellent fantasy series.

Some very heartfelt and action packed scenes and some shocking revelations kept this bookwyrms attention till the very end.

For something advertised as an academy book it isn't your usual academy structured type book which is why I enjoyed it so much.
Nothing like some destruction and monster battling outside of the academy setting to make a great series.

Some open ended possibilities with some of the supporting characters
Michalle
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the final book in the series but there are still some unanswered questions. I’m hoping there will be more. At the end the the last book things looked pretty grim. Indigo had a lot in her plate and she is about to get so much more. The story has lots of danger, fighting, emotional ups and downs and some very steamy times. This was a fantastic story that had me in the edge of my seat the entire way. I kept catching myself leaning over hunched with the kindle within inches of my face. I can ...more
Karen
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This beautifully crafted conclusion ties up most loose ends. Our heroine is still kick-ass, more confident and determined, and becomes the leader she is destined to be. There are surprises, enemies who aren't, alliances forged, mates to rescue, the true story is discovered, and a possible HEA. This vividly described adventure will engage and entice the reader to keep turning pages, anxious to discover the outcome. Wonderful storytelling. I voluntarily read an ARC and this is my honest review.
April
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal series

The conclusion to another amazing series was epic. With each series that Cassidy writes they just keep getting better. Good plots and plenty of fast paced action keeps the pages turning. The characters are always fantastic and kick a$$. A lot of tragedy and loss in this one that had me in tears at a point. Not a perfect hea which just made it more it feel more real. I can't wait to finish Kat's series for an overall conclusion to this world.
Elsjé
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
NOOOOO, IT CANNOT BE OVER!!!!

I fell in love with this series, I adore Indigo and her men. Loved Indigo's strength and take no sh*t attitude.
But I so wanted Harmon to have a happy ending with Indigo! To see more of their chemistry.

This was an amazing series and I'm so sad to see it end. But on the plus side, at least there is plenty more Debbie Cassidy books to get lost in!
Debbie Eyre
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This has been a great series, one that once I started I just could not put down and this is an epic finale! Carrying on from book 3 this action packed tale has a fantastic storyline as we continue to follow Indigo to step up and make some tough decisions. Tons of action and excitement , danger and fighting, romance and some hot and steamy scenes and I’m very sorry this has come to an end!

• Found and Forged (The Lost Sentinel, #4)
  • Sin & Spirit (Demigods of San Francisco, #4)
  • Shadowborn Academy: Year One (Dark Fae Academy Series, #1)
  • Magic For Dummies (God Fire Reform School # 1)
  • Two Kingdoms (The Dark Side #3)
  • Three Trials (The Dark Side, #2)
  • Family and Honor (Jacky Leon Book 2)
  • Soul of the Storm (The Wardbreaker #2)
  • Four Psychos (The Dark Side #1)
  • Heart of the Thief (The Wardbreaker #1)
  • Phoenix Unbound (Fallen Empire, #1)
  • Queen of the Assassins (An Academy of Assassins Novel Book 4)
  • Shifter Nanny Service; Boxset (Nanny Shifter Service, #1-7)
  • Stone the Crows (The Unsylum, #3)
  • Ascending From Madness (Winterland Tale, #2)
  • Wolf's Fake Bride (Shifter Marriage Service, #1)
  • Bear Mountain Baby (Bear Mountain Shifters, #2)
  • Omega's Daddy (Shifter Marriage Service Book 4)
Debbie Cassidy lives in England, Bedfordshire, with her three kids and very supportive husband. Coffee and chocolate biscuits are her writing fuels of choice, and she is still working on getting that perfect tower of solitude built in her back garden. Obsessed with building new worlds and reading about them, she spends her spare time daydreaming and conversing with the characters in her head – in ...more

The Nightwatch Academy (4 books)
  • Shadow Caster (The Nightwatch Academy #1)
  • Shadow Weaver (The Nightwatch Academy #2)
  • Shadow Warrior (The Nightwatch Academy #3)
“When it comes to love and romance, you get bumps in the road. Question is, do you let the bump stop you, or do you ride the fuck over it? Only you can decide if the journey and the effort are worth it.” 0 likes
“He arched a brow. “You don’t want him dead?” I looked across at Abram. “Oh, I do. But it won’t bring Carlo back.” I lowered my blade, and Not-Brady’s blade followed the downward arc. “Besides, there’s a war coming. We’re going to need cannon fodder.” 0 likes