Start by marking “The Complete Italian Vegetarian Cookbook: 350 Essential Recipes for Inspired Everyday Eating” as Want to Read:

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  360 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
This uniquely accessible collection draws together the best vegetarian recipes of Italy-350 in all. 'Pasta and pizza may be Italy's most eye-catching exports, but it is the country's varied and sensible use of vegetables that provides the best inspiration for American cooks,' writes Jack Bishop. 'Asparagus spears coated with a little olive oil and roasted to intensify thei ...more
Published September 9th 1997 by Rux Martin/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Italian Vegetarian Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Italian Vegetarian Cookbook

Yodamom
Sep 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My daughters and I have made more than half the recipes and loved them all. Delicious well spiced dishes with easy to follow instructions. You don't have to be a vegetarian to get enjoyments out of this book the flavors will make every the hardcore carnivore wish for more.
Kat
Feb 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Lots of great recipes - as authentic as I can possibly imagine (see, Nonna - Italians don't have to eat meat in everything)! I just wish there were more photos - the images really make a cookbook special for me.
hhhhhhhhh
Apr 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food, re-read
The recipes are simple and the outcome is delicious. Many of my favorites are only 3-5 ingredients. I taught myself to cook by working my way through this collection and serving the results to friends in 2005-6. Fritattas, sauces, vegetable side dishes, risottos. The leek and tomato sauce with thyme is a great starter for soup. Now that I am starting to bake, i get to explore new chapters! Jack works for America's Test Kitchen now.
just sarah
Aug 09, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: always-on-hand
the recipes in this cookbook are quite authentic, which is saying a lot since italian food usually contains meat. the dishes are simple & delicious and no matter how few ingredients i have on-hand, i can almost always use a recipe from this book and have a tasty meal.
Jamie
Sep 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbook
This is one of my very favorite cookbooks! Everything is so delicious, it might as well be gourmet, but so easy to cook it's my go to cookbook for busy nights. I've even thrown an elegant dinner party with these recipes, and it never fails to impress, and has never let me down.
Katie
Feb 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
my most-used cookbook
Liz
Mar 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
This is one of my favorite cookbooks. To me, the tomato tart recipe alone is nearly worth the price of the book. I have yet to make a single bad recipe from this cookbook.
Adrian Piazza
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A great guide to expand your Italian repertoire. It is more about good food and less about how to do without meat.
Tiffany
Jan 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Every recipe I've tried from this cookbook has turned out to be delicious, and many have become family favorites.
Andrea
Nov 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book rarely sees a shelf - it's always in our kitchen! Reliable recipes that are full of flavor.
Noreen
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Every recipe I've tried in this book is excellent. It offers many options that do not include the traditional pasta, such as gnocchi, risotto, and polenta.
Kecia
Jun 28, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: cookbooks
I looked and looked and looked but I could not find a single recipe that I wanted to try out. Disappointing.
Shannon Lionheart
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Vegetarian cookbook that non-vegetarians will enjoy and many recipes can be made vegan! <3
Loraine
Nov 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Pesto, pizza, polenta and lots and lots of vegetarian dishes of the finest kind are in this book. If I had any space I would buy it and add it to my kitchen bookshelves. Yum!
Erin Hames
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is one of our family's go to cookbooks. We use the risotto section all the time. A great addition to any kitchen.
Judy
Feb 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing
My favorite cookbook and the one I go to most often.
Ellen Stroud
Oct 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food
An essential cookbook. Everything recipe I have tried has been both delicious and beautiful.
Jane
Jan 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
Everything in this is good. Everything.
Amelia
Aug 28, 2008 rated it liked it
I just checked this out from the library and am really excited about a lot of these recipes, yum!
Melody
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Real Vegetarian Thai
  • Vegetable Soups from Deborah Madison's Kitchen
  • The Modern Vegetarian Kitchen
  • Moosewood Restaurant Daily Special: More Than 275 Recipes for Soups, Stews, Salads & Extras
  • The Vegetarian Family Cookbook
  • A Beautiful Bowl of Soup: The Best Vegetarian Recipes
  • The Vegetarian Meat & Potatoes Cookbook: 275 Hearty and Healthy Meat-Free Recipes
  • Yellow Rose Recipes
  • Lord Krishna's Cuisine: The Art of Indian Vegetarian Cooking
  • Love Soup: 160 All-New Vegetarian Recipes from the Author of The Vegetarian Epicure
  • The Voluptuous Vegan: More Than 200 Sinfully Delicious Recipes for Meatless, Eggless, and Dairy-Free Meals
  • Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian: More Than 650 Meatless Recipes from Around the World
  • The Best Veggie Burgers on the Planet: 101 Globally Inspired Vegan Creations Packed with Fresh Flavors and Exciting New Tastes
  • Flatbreads  Flavors
  • Refresh: Contemporary Vegan Recipes from the Award-Winning Fresh Restaurants
  • Cook 1.0: A Fresh Approach to the Vegetarian Kitchen
  • The Vegetarian Planet: 350 Big-Flavor Recipes for Out-Of-This-World Food Every Day
  • Passionate Vegetarian