Start by marking “Something to Talk About” as Want to Read:
Something to Talk About

Something to Talk About

A showrunner and her assistant give the world something to talk about when they accidentally fuel a ridiculous rumor in this debut romance.

Hollywood powerhouse Jo is photographed making her assistant Emma laugh on the red carpet, and just like that, the tabloids declare them a couple. The so-called scandal couldn't come at a worse time—threatening Emma's promotion and Jo's
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 336 pages

Availability: 75 copies available, 1753 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jan 06 - Jan 26, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Something to Talk About, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something to Talk About

GAY RIGHTS
    megs_bookrack
    May 23, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 2020-releases
    Berkley's FIRST QUEER FEMALE ROMANCE !!!

Too far?

Yeah, I probably went too far on that but I am beyond for this.

I've been loving Berkley Romance lately.
    They're crushing it.
    Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell
    I mean, it's about time Berkley got gay.

Edit: there's a cover now.. and it's one of those over stylized cartoons lol
    Tucker
    Sep 18, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr  ·  review of another edition
    COVER COVER COVER

---------------

omg, Berkley's first lesbian romance!!!!

This is really Something to Talk About...

sorry i had to
    Sana
    May 20, 2019 marked it as to-read-so-bad-it-hurts  ·  review of another edition
    BERKLEY IS FINALLY PUBLISHING ITS FIRST (SLOW BURN) QUEER ROMANCE AND A WLW AT THAT BY A QUEER AUTHOR EEEEEEEEEEEE
    Jessica B.
    Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    SWOONIEST SLOW-BURN EVER. Jo and Emma are the cutest and I most definitely yelled "Just kiss already!" several times whilst reading. SO SO GOOD.

*early work perk read*
    Karena
    4.5 stars. not generally a fan of slow burns but it was fun.
    Gretal
    Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: favorites
    No review could convey all my feelings regarding this book. It just blew my expectations out of the water. The slow burn, the pining, their respect and love for each other! hjskdflahsda.

I am obsessed with this book, and I cannot wait for it to come out so I can buy a copy.
    AJ
    May 23, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Cute f/f romance is all I want and need in life
    Mary Elizabeth
    Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    This book is incredible and perfect and world, you are NOT ready.
    ✿
    rep: Jewish bisexual mc, Chinese American lesbian mc

there were a few contributing factors to the lower rating, including incorrect social media marketing comparing this to breaking character (though i didn’t like the latter, so i’m glad this wasn’t the same), labelling it a fake dating romance, my dislike for very large age gaps, and incredibly slow-burn romance. i’m aware everyone else loves books where the couple barely interact until the final chapter, or some find charm in romances between
    Shoshana G
    Jan 13, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: romance
    Most of the book is about the ethics/power dynamics of their relationship which is good! I read a lot of romances where the consent is in some way dubious and/or coerced that it's nice to read a romance where the relationship is indisputably morally correct. I actually have a lot of thoughts about this issue that don't necessarily belong in this review but suffice it to say that I do think it's fun to sometimes read about "bad" sex that would be wrong IRL but so much romance from the past is ...more
    Madeline
    Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I really enjoyed the book. It's high time more money was put into f/f romance, and this will definitely help the genre open up more to queer characters and writers. The writing style was descriptive and funny, and offered a close glimpse into the characters' minds, which is important for contemporary romance! I loved how the romance developed between Emma and Jo, and thought that Wilsner did a great job with plotting and characterization.

I also loved how serious topics were handled by Wilsner.
    Lucy
    Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    THIS IS THE GREATEST BOOK. IT'S EVEN BETTER THAN I HAD HOPED AND MY HOPE WERE EXTREMELY HIGH.

I LOVE IT AND I CAN'T WAIT TO READ EVERYTHING MERYL WILSNER WRITES FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIFE
    Bethany
    Emma is the 27 year-old assistant of Shonda Rhimes-like Jo Jones, a former child actress who has cultivated and runs a massive production company. Emma is superb at her job, and Jo's life certainly runs more smoothly thanks to Emma. But maybe it's more than just smooth running thanks to Emma.... Rumors of a relationship between boss and assistant crop up after Emma innocently accompanies Jo to the SAG Awards. As the two work through their feelings-- denial and finally slow acceptance-- a ...more
    Erin
    Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Well, that was adorable. A very sweet, slow-burn Hollywood romance. I was initially nervous about the power dynamic between an older boss and her younger assistant, but Jo (the boss) is extremely conscious and careful. Frustratingly so, at times!

This is a story about learning to speak up for yourself and going after what you want. At any age. I hope we’ll get to see Emma and Jo again in future books.
    Audrey
    Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: fiction, romance
    This was very cute, and had a great plot and characters I really enjoyed, but it was VERY slow-burn. Loads of build up and anticipation, very little denouement. After being in these characters' heads through all the trials, tribulations, and angst, I wanted way more time spent on the ending result!
    Nov 20, 2019 marked it as not-yet-released  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: queer-lit, sapphic
    November 20, 2019: OOF! That is a good cover!
    Tash McAdam
    Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I read this as a first draft and it was already amazing so I am beyond excited to get the edited version in my sweaty little hands :)
    Katie Smith
    Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: arc
    I'm screaming. Loved this so so much!
    Ari
    Nov 20, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Berkley has quickly become my fave romance imprint and I am beyond excited to hear that they're publishing their first queer romance!!! I really hope this is the first of many.
    Allison
    Jan 15, 2020
    Lin Smith
    Nov 15, 2019
    alicat
    rated it did not like it
    Jun 15, 2019
    april
    Jan 17, 2020
    Subhajit Das
    Dec 11, 2019
    Ceilidhe
    Dec 03, 2019

• The Roommate
    • A Delicate Deception (Regency Imposters, #3)
    • Upright Women Wanted
    • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
    • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
    • Faker
    • Beach Read
    • Heart and Hand (Gold Sky #1)
    • Love Lettering
    • Scot Under the Covers (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #2)
    • When Brooklyn Was Queer
    • The Marriage Game
    • 赤髪の白雪姫 1 [Akagami no Shirayukihime 1] (Snow White with the Red Hair, #1)
    • Stealing Thunder
    • The Comeback
    • Forever and a Duke (Rogues to Riches, #3)
    • Crier's War (Crier's War, #1)
    • Well-Behaved Indian Women
    Meryl Wilsner writes stories about queer women falling in love. Born in Michigan, Meryl lived in Portland, Oregon and Jackson, Mississippi before recently returning to the Mitten State. Some of Meryl’s favorite things include: all four seasons, button down shirts, the way giraffes run, and their wife.