Start by marking “Star Daughter” as Want to Read:
Star Daughter

Star Daughter

The daughter of a star and a mortal, Sheetal is used to keeping secrets. But when a flare of starfire injures her human father, Sheetal needs a full star's help to heal him. A star like her mother, who returned to the sky long ago.

Sheetal's quest will take her to a celestial court of shining wonders and dark shadows, where she must act as her family's champion in a
Expected publication: August 11th 2020 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Star Daughter, please sign up.
Shveta Thakrar Huh, I actually had answered this, and now it looks like the answer disappeared! Well, anyway, it's a standalone. :)
Shveta Thakrar I am not sure I understand your question. Did you mean you would like an advance reading copy for review? If so, I would send HarperTeen a message on…moreI am not sure I understand your question. Did you mean you would like an advance reading copy for review? If so, I would send HarperTeen a message on Twitter. :)(less)

Start your review of Star Daughter
Shveta Thakrar
Nov 29, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
20 Dec. 2019: I just finished my final read-through, and while there's no book more perfectly designed for giving stars to (), I believe reviews are for readers, not authors. So I'll leave that up to all of you--but I will say I adore this book and am so, so, so proud of it. It is the magical fairy tale of my heart, my love letter to everyone who yearns for more and has always wished to go shopping at a magical Night Market and wants to find their place in the world(s). I hope if you read it, ...more
alana ♡
Oct 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
Don't get me wrong the blurb of this sounds good, but I'd be 100% lying if I said I didn't add this to my TBR because of the cover.

Blog | Twitter
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
This is honestly one of most beautiful covers I've ever seen in my entire life and, even if I wasn't so stoked by the entire premise of this story, you can bet your ass I'd still buy it just to frame this cover like a damn piece of art ...more
sarah xoxo
Dec 29, 2019 marked it as unreleased
If this book is even a fraction as beautiful as this cover- I'm not ready.
ʙᴇʟʟᴀ.: ☾**:.☆*.:。.
Oct 17, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc
Update 07/01/2020: ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review (Thank you!)

Hindu Mythology, Half-Star girl & Celestial competition...and that amazing cover? I'M READY. :D

Some Starry gifs to express my starry excitement

Diana
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
EDIT:

I have read this multiple times now and it gets more gorgeous each time. How is that possible? Each time I read it, I find new moments and lines to love. Honestly, it's a gorgeous story about what it means to be human, the brilliance and pain of it, with magic and music and heart, so much heart, and how destinies do not define you, you define your destiny. I JUST REALLY LOVE IT, OKAY? I can't wait to have my physical copy when it comes out next year.

I was lucky enough to read an early draft
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
This year's cover models are clearly looking to destroy my aversion to them. So far, many of them have been so on point. I can't even really say I dislike them anymore.
jess ✨
Oct 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
this is honestly one of the most stunning covers i've seen in my life. i hope this is as amazing as its cover. so excited!
Ashley
Nov 14, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-aug
You had me at Star and Hindu Mythology!

Give me some shiny things and a downpour of mythology, and I’m here for it- all the time, every time. A girl likes what she likes.
Kilikina
I have such high hopes, I hope this is as fantastic as it sounds!!!!
♠ TABI ♠
Nov 30, 2018 marked it as to-read
was gonna pass this when I saw "contemporary" but smashed the tbr button at lightspeed when I saw "fantasy"

ALSO HI HI HI HELLO YOU BEAUTIFUL COVER
Tova
Oct 07, 2019 marked it as 2020-releases
This cover is the most beautiful thing I've seen in a long time. I want to marry it.
Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon)
Look at that cover!

LOOK. AT. IT!
Dia
Dec 02, 2018 marked it as 2020-releases

look at me, getting ready for 2020 when 2019 is nowhere in sight
rachel ☾

Review copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

BlogGoodreadsTwitterInstagramThe Book Depository
|| Celestial competition
|| Daughter saves dad
Jacqueline Koyanagi
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A stunning tale of self-acceptance, family, and liminal spaces.
The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
I was pulled in by Neil Gaiman and Hindu mythology when I read the synopsis for this book. Doesn’t it sound like an epic fantasy? The cover is all sorts of amazing as well.
sureena
Nov 29, 2018 marked it as to-read
!!!

I read till Hindu mythology and hit "want to read". There are more books with Indian rep coming and I've never been happier!!
Last Book Marauder
Jan 07, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-releases, earcs
This has to be one of the most beautiful covers I have ever seen. Is that the main reason I am going to be reading this? Yes.

But the synopsis sounds pretty amazing - which is a nice bonus.
Tanya Tate
Jan 07, 2020 marked it as to-read
Two Things
1. I requested the arc of it yesterday and was approved. (Harper Collins is the love of my life.lol)

2. I found the author twitter page to see who did the cover... I had a huge hunch who it was and my hunch was right.

Charlie Bowater lol
ashleigh
Jan 05, 2020 marked it as to-read
this sounds so fucking good
shre ♡
Oct 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
"The contemporary YA fantasy inspired by Hindu mythology follows a half-mortal/half-star girl who must win a celestial competition to save her human father's life."

SAY LESS, I'M THERE.

also that mf cover....charlie bowater can do no wrong in my eyes.
Mjspice
Oct 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: tbr-2020
Y'all the cover alone has me SHOOK!!
Athena
The publisher kindly offered me a reader copy via Edelweiss. Yet, this is an honest review of the book expressing my unbiased opinion.

I'm trying really hard to come up with words to type in this review. Star Daughter is pure magic. It's as heavenly as the skies and the palace in Svargalok. There are so many things I loved about this book I'm having trouble gathering them into a cohesive train of thought. But here it goes...

First of all, the representation!!! It is inspired by Hindu mythology! It
Divine
THIS COVER SCREAMS CHARLIE BOWATER AND IM SO HAPPYY MAH POOR HEART IS SHAKING WITH GLEE.
The Artisan Geek
Nov 29, 2019 marked it as to-read
30/11/19
First of all, HINDU MYTHOLOGY?! And then the cover, my dear gosh!! STUNNING!!

You can find me on
Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Website
Stephanie
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I may be biased, but I love, love, love this book. Can't wait for everyone to read it!
Anna || MyBookishDream
This book sounds sooo good! Also, that is one of the most gorgeous covers that I have ever seen!
Sarah Holton
Oct 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
I wanna read this book on the cover alone. Damn that is one fucking good cover.

• All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • Woven in Moonlight
  • A Song of Wraiths and Ruin (A Song of Wraiths and Ruin, #1)
  • Ink in the Blood (Ink in The Blood, #1)
  • The Gravity of Us
  • Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards, #1)
  • The Sound of Stars
  • A Breath Too Late
  • Diamond City (Diamond City, #1)
  • Reverie
  • I Kissed Alice
  • Unravel the Dusk  (The Blood of Stars, #2)
  • The Silence of Bones
  • Nameless Queen
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • The Stars We Steal
  • The Deck of Omens (The Devouring Gray, #2)
  • Jade Fire Gold
(Hi! Thanks for looking me up. I can't accept friend requests here, so if you'd like to get in touch, please find me on social media or contact me via my website.)

Shveta Thakrar is a writer of South Asian–flavored fantasy, part-time nagini, and full-time believer in magic. Her debut novel Star Daughter is coming 11 August 2020 from HarperTeen, and her short fiction and poetry have appeared in a