Start by marking “Hard Nox (Wild Scots, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hard Nox (Wild Scots, #1)

Hard Nox

(Wild Scots #1)

He's a brawler, she's a speed racer. Together, they're explosive.

Isobel
Heir to the McRae estate, Lennox is the huge Highlander everyone respects. But deep down, he's a dirty fighter. He crashed my car, stole my first kiss, then walked away with another woman.

There’s no reason why, years later, when I see him in a fight, I should be lusting after his body. They call him
Published December 12th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Hard Nox, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard Nox

Start your review of Hard Nox (Wild Scots, #1)
Zoe Ashwood
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Ooh, I've been waiting for this new generation of Jolie's Scots, and reader, Hard Nox did not disappoint!

The story of Isobel and Lennox is years in the making, and the misunderstandings they need to unravel to get together are perfectly angsty, with a good hint of teenage drama thrown in.

But the characters grow up so much in the course of the novel, it's a delight to watch. I dislike stories where the hero and heroine repeat the same mistakes over and over, and it was so good to see how both
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Hard Nox by Jolie Vines is book One in the Wild Scots Series. This is the story of Lennox 'Nox' and Isobel. Isobel and Nox shared a kiss when they were younger which of course added to Isobel's crush but then he left for the military. Isobel has image issue but has moved on to fast cars and daredevil ways. But now Nox is back from being away and Isobel is set on not giving in to her feelings or to him.
I enjoyed seeing their story play out and excited for this new series.

Jill Haworth
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! There are some books that you read and you they’re unforgettable. This is one of them. It’s told from both POV so you're with the characters every step of the way.
At 16 years old Isobel lashed out through speed...racing fast cars. She loved vehicles and the mechanics surrounded them. But she hated school. At 18 years old, Lennox is about to join the military with his best friend, Sebastian, Isobel’s brother. Helping his family and friends get ready to celebrate Christmas at their Scottish
Jeanne Kotsios
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book hooked me from the get go I just couldn’t put it down I fell in love with these characters and omg what a story just a perfect

Renee
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Always love Jolie books. Another great story
Amy Dickinson
Overall Grade: 1/2

Okay, I’m going to say this here. Hard Nox, Jolie Vines’s newest release, is her steamiest book yet. I didn’t think it was possible after Ally’s story in Oh Baby, but she did it. Hard Nox is Marry the Scots 2.0. In other words, this is the next generation of the heroes and heroines of Vines’s first series about a brotherhood of Highlanders finding love in the hills of Scotland. It’s a favorite series of mine already, so it isn’t a hardship to fall for this new book.

Hard Nox
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 CRANKY STARS

I am changing my review ratings to where 4 is the best review from me as I am finding the authors are devoting too much time to the sex scenes. I loved the first series, Marry the Scot but by book 4 I was tired of the sex scenes going on for pages. I love the storylines and was anticipating another series about this fabulous family. The families seem so normal for our times. Loads of bad situations that they rise above. Now this series starts and here we go again with the sex
Linda ( Clary_Starfall )
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shannon Smith
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I read by Jolie but definitely NOT my last. I enjoyed this book so much that I am now reading through the Original Scots series that this book came from. Lennox and Isobel just suck you in from page 1. Their families have always been close and you can see the love and friendship between the entire group. Isobel at the beginning of the book is full of teenage girl and angst along with self esteem issues due to some things that are out of her control. Lennox is older and ...more
Linda
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lots of action for a young couple hooked on adrenaline
4.5stars
This was an action-packed and smokin' start to a new romance series built around the lives and loves of two well-situated families, the McRae's of Scotland and the aristocratic Fitzroys. Young Isobel is a classic car enthusiast and speed junkie with a load of insecurities and a grudging hankering for Lennox "Nox" McRae, future heir to the McRae lands and lairdship. Nox is a restless, fist-pounding powerhouse who seems to constantly
SBee Reviews
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Solid and well-spun beginning to this new series!

—>>> The next generation is featured in this first installment as a spin-off series from this author’s Marry A Scot series. The story is rich with numerous characters, yet it is still somehow a very tight-knit, comfortable, and familiar setting, this time featuring young adults still settling into their own skins with requisite angst and issues that are current and realistic to their situations. Four years earlier, Nox and Isobel shared
CS
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Different from the usual type of love story than I’ve been reading lately and I found it refreshingly full of romantic relational emotions.
Dual POVs that were well written and easy to follow capturing the essence and personality of Lennox and Isobel.
I loved the way they were connected and how they interacted with their families.
That first kiss when they were teenagers set the tone for their relationship which the author developed as they grew older and had a second chance at love.
The drama
Angela's Book Addiction
Hard Nox (Wild Scots #1) by Jolie Vines is a contemporary, new adult, enemies to lovers romance with a pinch of second chance. It’s told in first person, dual POV and is the first in the Wild Scots series a spinoff from the Marry the Scot series featuring the next generation. This is a standalone, so you don’t need to read those first, but if you enjoy this book, you won’t be disappointed by going back to the beginning with the Marry the Scot series.

I loved the first generation Scots, and this
Jen
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book one in the new series, Wild Scots. This is Isobel and Lennox's story. Isobel sees Lennox differently than everyone else. He is her brother's best friend and when she was a teenager, he wrecked her car, stole her first kiss then walked away.....with another woman. Lennox sees Isobel as trouble. She has grown up into a beautiful woman, she races cars and has managed to tattoo her body over the years. Man, he would love to check out each and every one of those. Even after all the time ...more
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HFN ending that leads up to the next book, told in both POVs, strong female lead and an alpha male. Love ing families I believed are from another series. This is the first time reading this author and I can’t wait for more.

Lennox future clan leader is hated that’s pho’s feelings for his non-blood related cousin Isobel, she was 16 and he 18 when they shared their first kiss as well as their first car crash. But Lennox was caught holding hands with another girl within an hour after kissing Is. 4
Fleur
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
This is the first book by Jolie Vines and it was great that even though this is a spin off from her originally series you don't need to have read the others, all though in saying that I did want to start the other series after meeting the characters from it. Lennox and Isobel have grown up together and Isobel has had the hots for Lennox for a long time but neither knew they were actually attracted to each other and a miss understanding causes Isobel to want nothing to do with him. Now he is back ...more
CeCe
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nox

“𝘐𝘴𝘰𝘣𝘦𝘭 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥, 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘥, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘦. 𝘐𝘵’𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘵, 𝘢𝘺𝘦?” - 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐧𝐞 𝐌𝐜𝐑𝐚𝐞

Yes I’ve done 7 posts because Lennox McRae is 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 and Isobel Fitzroy is probably one of these female characters I’ve read so far I can’t even tell you how amazing this story is, I couldn’t put into words how much I loved it honestly. This is a must read! Their Dad’s stories were brilliant but these kids are even better! I refused to go into the new year without reading
Sheila Schoenauer
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I used to have an obsession with romance books based in Scotland. I loved reading the accent and hearing it in my head. It has been a long time since I read something like that and this book has brought back those memories. Gah, that accent, the ruggedness of imagining those men in my head, kilts! Love it! These two won me over. Their chemistry was off the charts. I love how Lennox made Isobel stronger. I love my Isobel calmed Lennox. I need more of these books, even if it's just to catch a ...more
Carmen Davis
Shelves: arc-s
I can't help but have a big stupid grin on my face whenever I read one of Jolie Vines' books. I mean... Can the woman write anything less than perfect? I was so incredibly sad when the story of the McRae family came to an end. So happy to have read it, but sad. When I found out she was writing a brand new serious that stems from the first I was ecstatic. This book didn't disappoint.

Isobel and Lennox were absolutely incredible. I can't even begin to tell you how many times my heart and my
Lori
Shelves: arc
This group of characters is just as entertaining as the previous generation!

I love the character Isobel. She grew up with wealth and a title, but is very down to earth. She struggles with problems that are very relatable to me. She has a learning disability, but it is how her piers treat her because of that that influences her whole perspective.

This is a family that I would like to be part of. From the big family get togethers, to love and support they show for each other. It looks like the
Chikap09
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hard Nox is the first in Jolie Vines' new series Wild Scots. It is also the next generation to her previous serious, Marry The Scot, and OMG this series debut did not disappoint!! We get everything that we've come to expect from this up and coming author: sexy scots, supportive family, inner demons that have to be overcome, and sexual tension through the roof. Lennox's dark, broody, yet righteous personality is the perfect counterpart to Isobel's wild, impulsive, yet vulnerable one. When these ...more
Cherie
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hard Nox is the beginning of a brand new series by Jolie Vines. Through Isobel we see how learning disabilities and mental health issues shape a person’s life. Lennox discovers that the mischievous Isobel he grew up with is now a stunning young lady and he wants to get to know her. Isobel is worried that she is not an appropriate match for Lennox. Can Lennox win her over and help her discover her true potential or will her ghosts from the past threaten to tear apart her new relationship?

Jolie
Deb O
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome book that I really enjoyed. The story and characters grabbed me from the beginning and I couldn't stop reading. I loved the characters and watching them grow together, they were well written and went well together. I found this book amazing with great word building making me feel apart of the story and watching it unfold in front of me. A definite must read for any fan and I can't wait to read more from this author!!!

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am
There Their and They're
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
So excited to follow up on the journey of the children from The Marry the Scot series.

A great couple finally work through their issues to make their relationship work, despite the troubles that aim to pull them apart.

I don't know about others, but those interruptions they face are enough to frustrate anyone lol. And in the end it just helps to build the anticipation.

I love these Scottish men.
Christine Woinich
Shelves: arc
Wasn't sure how the next generation would turn out. Boy, was I surprised. I loved Isobel and Lennox! They were hot together and also brought the best out of each other. Together, their personal demons were calmed. Once misunderstandings were explained, their love grew stronger. I did not want to stop reading, and there were moments of joy, tears, and sighs. I highly recommend this story.

I received an ARC of this story as a gift, and this is my unsolicited review.
Danielle Pascoal
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by the author, and it was AMAZING! I couldn't put this story down. Nox is sweet and sexy, with that amazing Alphaness that I just love! Isolbel is strong and determined, but with a soft side that makes you just love her. I loved these characters and can't wait for the next in the series! I will be going back to read the previous series while I wait.

Patricia Baxes
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a terrific read! Jolie Vines really knows how to spin a remarkable tale! Hard Nox has a delightful storyline; characters you can’t help but love or love to hate; some really interesting twists and turns; and one helluva HEA. This is book 1 of the new Wild Scots series, and you definitely don’t want to miss it. Be sure to put on your TBR list today. (I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book and and absolutely loved it!) ...more
Jennifer Wertz
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hard Nox is an incredible book! I loved it! The characters are amazing. Lennox and Isobel are perfect together and steamy Hot! The book is well written and with great depth. It is full of action, adventure and excitement. The book is so engaging you can't put it down. I really enjoyed getting to see the characters from the Marry the Scot series as parents to their adult children and the family interactions. I love this new generation series!
Maja
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first read from this author. And while I hate it when the chapters are titled, this was not a bad read at all. Another plus was scotish accent in which it was written. I loved the characters and I am interested to see what's coming next so will definitely read more in the future. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
poppy
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ng
This is the first book in the series and while it a spin-off from the Marry the Scot series it can easily be read on its own. This is a good well written read and is a great enemies to lovers/second chance romance. I was pulled right into Lennox and Isobel’s story and just did not want to put it down I will be looking out for the rest of the series.
Goodreads Librari...: Please update my cover 4 23 Nov 19, 2019 05:24AM

• Humbugged (Happy Cat, #4)
  • Sleeper
  • Logan (Carolina Reapers, #4)
  • Bad For Me
  • This Is Forever (This is, #4)
  • Code of Silence
  • Waking Up Married
  • Faded: A Paranormal Romance (Faded Paranormal Romance Series Book 1)
  • Billionaire Bosshole (Bedding the Billionaire #3)
  • Curves Ahead
  • Bang Theory
  • Arrogant Boss
  • Iron Crowne
  • Seducing Mrs. Robinson (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • Rock Star
  • A Charming Christmas (Magical Cures Mystery, #6.5)
  • Born of Darkness (Hunter Legacy, #1)
  • Fade
JOLIE VINES is a romance novelist who lives in the South West of England with her husband and toddler son.

From an early age, Jolie lived in a fantasy world and is never happier than when plot dreaming. Jolie loves her heroes to be one-woman guys. Whether they are a huge Highlander, a touch starved earl, or a brooding pilot, they will adore their loved one until the end of time.

Her favourite

Wild Scots (2 books)
  • Perfect Storm (Wild Scots, #2)