Start by marking “Lap of Luxury (Love Don't Cost a Thing Duet Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Lap of Luxury (Love Don't Cost a Thing Duet Book 2)

Lap of Luxury

(Love Don't Cost A Thing #2)

Captive. Pet. Lover. Pawn…

Darkness lives inside Damir Ravnikar, and that darkness craves one thing: me. Rich, ruthless, and handsome as sin, Damir’s promised me the world to make up for my life’s myriad disappointments.

But his promise comes with a price.

Damir intends to use me to hunt down his double-crossing brother. With every jewel, every kiss, I can feel myself
Published October 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Lap of Luxury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lap of Luxury

Start your review of Lap of Luxury (Love Don't Cost a Thing Duet Book 2)
Jen
*****4.5 Stars!!!!****
I loved this book! It was a lot darker than the first, but I expected that considering this was about anti-hero; Damir! He may be the younger brother but that doesn’t mean he’s the sweetest. Oh no, Damir is quite psychotic... in fact, in this instalment he’s trying to find his brother to kill him. What he doesn’t count on is falling in love!

Bethany was Damir’s brother’s secretary, but after an encounter between Bethany and Damir, they realize they share the same lust for
Isabella.R
5 Bloodthirsty Queen Stars

Blood and Violence

Fear and Arousal

This is their love story…

Bethany is a young woman who has carved out a nice little life for herself despite growing up in foster care. As the secretary of one of the wealthiest Ravnikar brothers, she has become familiar with the finer things in life; something her salary doesn’t cover. Bethany isn’t opposed to sugaring. What’s better then wealthy men willing to shower her with gifts? She's convinced that this drives her happiness.
Melanie A.
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS!
"If you crave someone who will love you to the point of obsession then I'm your man."
Brianna Hale never lets me down! This book was crazy and I loved it . . . because what's not to love about a huge sociopath?

I'm sorry, do you not find that to be a very credible claim? But I swear, it's the truth. Somehow Ms. Hale managed to write about Damir Ravnikov's psychotic ways with a wonderful undercurrent of sarcastic humor.
I feel myself unclench a little. People saying yes to me.
Eve (Between The Bookends)
description
description I'm honestlyrunning out of things to say in my reviews for this author. Again, this was an excellent read. Well written and well paced. Hot sex. No OW or OM drama. Great characters, and a plot that kept me hooked from beginning to the end. The only tiny niggle I had, was I wish we had gotten a little more of an "in the future" look at this couple. But perhaps we will get an extended epilogue at some point?? Another fantastic read from this talented (and super sweet) author! Bring on the next
warhawke
Genre: Dark Romance
Type: Book 2 of Love Don’t Cost a Thing series
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Bethany Voight lived a normal life to everyone’s eyes, but deep down inside she craved darkness that can’t be fulfilled by just anybody. Damir Ravnikar’s thirst for revenge knew no boundaries. Harboring similar depravity, he took whatever he wanted like he owned it and she happened to be just the tool he needed. Together, they embarked on a journey of lust and vengeance, but they must decide what
CC
4.5 Stars

Bethany Voight leads a fairly private life and has certain proclivities that make finding someone to excite her nearly impossible. But when all implodes at Ravnikar Enterprises, thanks to the man who always intrigued Bethany, she prepares for the chase. Damir Ravnikar is a man of many shady talents who isn’t ashamed of his base needs and recognizes a similar craving in Bethany. Taking what he wants, Damir is a true predator about to stake claim.

“Do this often then? Kidnapping?”
Jade Violet
Oh, these two crazy kids!!!! Lap of Luxury picks off where Come To Daddy left off. The first book was Mikhail 'Misha' Ravinikar and Ciara's book. This one starts off right after they've gone into hiding after setting up Damir Ravnikar, Misha's brother. Damir was one crazy, murdering psycho in the first one and I really didn't think I was going to like this book but it blew Misha's book away, IMO. Damir is a wanted man and vows to hunt down Misha, fleeing the country but not before kidnapping ...more
Leigh
So happy I was able to get an early copy of this to review! This is going to be my unedited review as I just need somewhere to put my randoms thoughts after reading this.

Book notes: virgin heroine in her early twenties (yay no 18-year-old. Quite tired of the border-line underaged girls a lot of indie authors are writing). The hero and the heroine are both kind of dark and crazy. There's on page violence. No rape in my opinion and forced seduction, kind of, well they're both crazy and like all
Aou
So funny and incredible story flowed smoothly.
Darlene I read to many boooks
Beneath The Covers Blog
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
Mimiorphee
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, arc
I've been waiting for Bethany and Damir's story since I read Come to Daddy a few months ago and here it is!

Lap of Luxury (Love Don't Cost a Thing #2) will take you on an enticing journey, where action mixes with intensity.

Damir is a true antihero I loved from the beginning. Ruthless and merciless, he alsohides a side of him that somehow touched me. Family, revenge and betrayal fuel his emotions, enhancing his mercurial behavior.

The author perfectly explored his darkness, as much from his
Elanur
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cringe, read-in-2019

Dark Romance? Dark where?!!
V💜Greedy~Thirst~For~Forbidden🖤
Bethany and Damir are a perfect bloody match.

I love how Damir goes unapologetically after what he wants and Bethany doesn’t take any BS and replies with an attitude to match.

This couple is a clear example of two halves of an apple coming finally together, they’re so perfect for each other and their chemistry is so powerful the reader can easily relate.

This author managed to create a perfect story in just a stand alone novel delivering the right amount of events to make the characters evolve and
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
Omggg this was SUCH A GOOD DARK ROMANCE!! I loved Damir and Bethany, even more than Misha and Ciara. Theirs is a dark, twisted kind of romance that I was crazy addicted to. It’s full of steam, suspense, and surprisingly humor too! I just really loved this book and can’t wait to read more from Brianna Hale.
Sammy ❤️Just Let Me Read Blog ❤️
Lap of Luxury by Brianna Hale is an edgy, suspenseful, and unbelievably sexy story that thrilled me from start to finish. Damir and Bethany’s journey was full of delicious tension and had a storyline that grabbed onto me with both hands and did not let go until the very end.

“Run, run, princesa. You only make the chase all the sweeter.”

I have been looking forward to this book for quite some time and was so happy to find that it exceeded my expectations. Hale’s writing is so good and her
Babel
I am astounded. I was expecting dark romance, but this goes beyond the norm into ironic, witty, psychological territory that breaks boundaries between fun and wrong, hot and morbid, emotional and insane.

Ever imagined a psycopath with a soul and a prudish lady with macabre tendencies falling in love like puzzles from hell? This could be something like that

Damir Ravnikar is a well-dressed brute, with a honed sense of revenge and a twisted sensual streak. He is the charismatic psycopath who
Heather
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019
I DEVOURED this book! I couldn't put it down! I loved it so much! I loved how dark and twisted Damir was with the hints of vulnerability. And OMG....serious high five to Bethany at the end! I thought she was great too and a really unique heroine!

“Is this your bedroom?” I whisper.
He mumbles a sleepy assent.
“Aren’t you going to tie me up?”
“Go to sleep, princesa."
“What if I try and kill you in the night?”
His teeth gleam in the darkness as he grins. “You know I love foreplay.”
Andi Isack
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Sinful, provocative, passionate! That's what Lap of luxury is. It's something you should want. Something dangerous, oltrageous but even if you know that's dangerous you still crave it! What's better the play with fire? The risk? To get burned. Well let's say it depends on what kind of burning is it. If it is called Damir. Well that's absolutely worth the risk and all the bruins, cuz in the end he will be the one to heal all of them.
Lap of luxury is a perfectly damaged story. Well some
Julia
Love this author but the plot made ZERO sense and everyone had over the top reactions to everything.
Xenia
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourite
What an incredible journey Lap of Luxury was.

Bethany and Damir's story is full of suspense, super hot moments, action, loyality and revenge.

When Bethany first made an appearance in Come to Daddy I knew she needed a book of her own, to show us the complexity of her character. I was not prepared. Bethany was a badass (motherfucker), she was honest and she didn't take shit from anyone. On top of all that she was funny, smart (horror movies teach you things) and obviously loved horror movies,
Katie
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review coming after I've emotionally recovered from this sexual punch in the face.

Okay. I've had some time to digest this amazing book. Review below:

Brianna Hale writes a really good good guy, but she writes a fucking amazing bad guy. You love them. You hate them. You want to lick up their chest while simultaneously cursing them to every God that will listen. I love the conflicted feelings. And I loved Damir.

He was evil incarnate and I wanted him all the more for it. There's just something
Elle Love Books
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking for a hot, alpha dom daddy go pick up this book right the fu*k now. Damir was everything I was hoping for and so much more. Gosh he had my heart in the first book and I couldn't wait to read his story as well. That was one of my most anticipated books of this year and I was not disappointed at all. I fu*king loved it. Every single bit of it. Jeasus, the things he did to Bethany...holy shit. This story was steamy as hell. Packed with blood and action. As always well done ...more
Hanna's Book Obsession
{I received this as an arc in exchange for an Honest review}

This is an epic dark romance. Leave it to Brianna Hale to have me falling for the unredeemable{But turns out to be redeemable} villain. Honestly y’all I wasn’t sure how much I was going to like this book because I hated Damir in “Come To Daddy”, but I LOVED it. Oh my Gosh Damir and Bethany are EVERYTHING!!! They are dark and twisted and so freaking sexy! This couple blew me away. This is such a dark and bloody adventure. Damir and
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
27034655-SX540-png

*KU read

Holy shit. Okay, so we all met Damir and Bethany in the first book, "Come to Daddy," and knew that Bethany is this sweet girl and that Damir is a psychopath. We didn't know to what extent their relationship had gone or what we were going to get into. We finally find all our answers in "Lap of Luxury."

Bethany is a little complicated, but not by much. She is an eighteen-year-old that has not had a good family life but is bound to make a better life for herself in the future. But by
shereads.pang
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC.

I was so excited for Damir and Bethany's story when I finished Come to Daddy. It felt like forever. It was what I wanted and so much more. It's full of suspense and angst. There were some parts that were pretty brutal and dark.

I was so scared of Damir that I didn't even know how Brianna will make me change my mind to like him. And she did. He was a brutal, ruthless, revenge-seeker that you don't expect him to love. The more time he spends with Bethany, you do realize that he
Elizabeth
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was surprised when I started this book as I thought it would be a continuation of Mikhail and Ciara’s story. However it wasn’t, it was Damir and Bethany’s story and as much as I wanted to hate Damir and thought Bethany needed her brain testing, in true Brianna Hale fashion I became fascinated with the story and ended up thinking they were ideal for each other. It was a fascinating read with a happy ending that was surprising even though it wasn’t.
Queen B
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was a little scared to start Damir’s book. He seemed like a legit psychopathic murderer (at least from Ciara and Misha’s point of view) by the end of Come to Daddy. I remember being so worried for Bethany.

I should have never doubted Brianna Hale. It’s like she knew exactly how much dark I could handle and voila, gave it to me.

Damir and Bethany have actually surpassed Ciara and Misha as my favorite couple. Both of them are actually kinda fucked up and they just work together.

Dirty, and hot, and
Jacqueline Francis
Ay yi yi! Brianna Hale is the QUEEN is dark romance. If you are looking for a romance that pushes the envelope and really tests your limits, this book is for you!

I was a huge fan of COME TO DADDY and this second book did not disappoint. You MUST read Come to Daddy first in order to know what’s happening.

I was mesmerized by the characters and their world which is so foreign to me and yet so attractive. Here we have two of the world’s sexiest people in a dangerous cat and mouse game that
Seffra
WOOOWWW FINALLY I FINISHED A BOOK AFTER SO LONGGGGG.

This book was amazing and I seriously loved Damir. He was such a unique character. Who would have thunk it, that I needed some dark romance a awful and evil killer to get me out of my reading slump.

He seriously was amazing and I really loved Bethany. She was such a strong and wonderful woman who was made to be his equal.

This book was amazing and thank you, Brianna Hale for writing a book that I couldn’t put down for a day. Loved it so much!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Play Me
  • Daddy's Dirty Boss
  • Cold Queen
  • Calico Descending (Juniper Unraveling, #2)
  • Confess
  • Mistletoe Kisses
  • Enamoured (The Enslaved Duet #2)
  • Venom
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • Dr. Dan
  • Do You Dare? (Truth And Dare Duet, #1)
  • Daddy Me
  • Learn My Lesson (Wicked Villains, #2)
  • Love Drunk (Love Me Duet #1)
  • Off Limits (Kings of Mayhem MC, #5)
  • Dreams of 18
  • Stolen Lies (Truths and Lies, #2)
  • Damage
There's nothing Brianna Hale likes more than a large, stern alpha male with a super-protective and caring streak, and when she's not writing about them she can usually be found with a book, a cocktail, planning her next trip to a beautiful location or attending the theatre. She believes that pink and empowerment aren’t mutually exclusive, and everyday adventures are possible. Brianna lives in ...more

Love Don't Cost A Thing (2 books)
  • Come to Daddy (Love Don't Cost a Thing, #1)