Start by marking “Wedlock Cake Murder (A Maple Hills Cozy Mystery Book 12)” as Want to Read:
Wedlock Cake Murder (A Maple Hills Cozy Mystery Book 12)

Wedlock Cake Murder (A Maple Hills Cozy Mystery Book 12)

A mishap on a wedding day spoils the union – it’s every bride’s nightmare.

Nikki and Hawk don’t want an elaborate ceremony; they want something small and intimate, surrounded by their nearest and dearest. Nikki is running around trying to shoulder most of the more delicate designs to make sure that everything goes perfectly.

A message sent in blood is a warning not to

Published October 11th 2019 by Majestic Owl Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Wedlock Cake Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wedlock Cake Murder

Start your review of Wedlock Cake Murder (A Maple Hills Cozy Mystery Book 12)
Lynn
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nikki is a chocolatier and Hawk is her police officer fiancé. The police chief is also Hawk’s father. Nikki and Hawk are planning their wedding when the police chief’s good friend is found murdered and the chief is next to die. Can Nikki and Hawk figure out the murdered before their wedding day? This was a lovely read, I really enjoyed it. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Valerie
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Truthfully I haven't read to many of this series. Actually this is my second book so I have a whole lot of catching up. And if the books are just like this one I am in for a treat. This book was very entertaining and to be a quick read I really was captivated. The murder and the way it was worked out was great. It wasn't rushed and really no clues to who done until the end. I really like that. I hate when you figure who done it by chapter two, not with this book.
It's finally time for Hawk and
Cinda Inman
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nikki, owner of the chocolate shop in Maple Hills, is engaged to Hawk, a detective on the police force. Nikki is planning the special wedding cake for their wedding to surprise Hawk. With the help of her best friend/employee, Linda, and her son, Seth's girlfriend, Tori, who also works at the chocolate shop, she has been experimenting with different flavors of cake and frosting.
Suddenly she receives a phone call from Seth, who is also on the police force, that she needs to meet Hawk, Seth and
Emily Pennington
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nikki, the owner of a chocolate shop in Maple Hills, is engaged to marry Hawk, a detective on the police force. Hawk and Seth get pulled into a mystery when hunters recover the corpse of the police chief’s good friend, Luke, a police officer murdered in cold blood. On his body they find a chilling message of revenge that the Chief is next to die. With the wedding only a week away, and Nikki’s running her chocolate shop while helping to investigate with Hawk, they may have to end up postponing ...more
Penny Hickman
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was captured from the first page. I have not read the complete series, but had no trouble following the plot. Nikki and Hawk are planning their wedding when there is a murder. Between running her chocolate shop and investigating with Hawk, they are talking about postponing the wedding. The victim was a friend of Hawk's father, and on his body there was a message for the chief threatening his life. Lots of old cases to go thru keep Hawk and Nikki busy as the chief goes into "protective custody ...more
Shannon
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With her wedding around the corner and a busy chocolate shop to run, Nikki certainly has her hands full. Add in a special surprise for her groom and she's not sure how she'll get everything done before the big day. When murder throws a wrench into her plans and someone close to her is threatened by the murderer, Nikki and her fiancé, police detective Hawk, jump head first into the investigation. I love the relationship between Nikki and Hawk which is one of of love and mutual respect. I also ...more
Pam
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed this series and this last book does not disappoint. Hawk and Nikki are getting ready for their wedding. In the midst of the plans, Hawk's father's friend is killed and a note is left saying the chief is next. Hawk and Nikki put him up in her house for his safety while they investigate the murder. When the murderer comes after her and makes her crash her car, she thinks it's time to postpone the wedding however things do work themselves out and they do get married on their date ...more
Molly
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nikki and detective Hawk are finally about to walk down the aisle. Sadly, before their big day, a heart wrenching death happens. Someone from the past is looking to take revenge on the chief .

Digging through past files from his cases give Hawk and Nikki a bit of a melancholy review. Childhood photos of Hawk and memories of his mom are revealed and several cases reviewed. Some saw positive changes in the convicts, other lingering anger and danger.

Suspense filled action and romance in a KU
Lucrecia Tolbert
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wedlock Cake Murder is a quick paced, wonderfully written page turner that can be read in just over an hour. The characters are friendly, loving and supportive of one another. The bit of action that was included included thorough details that added to the thrill of the scene. This is a must read in the series.

Suzy
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was another exciting book in the series. Nikki and Hawk have to solve a murder to protect his dad all before their wedding at the end of the week. Nikki ends up being targeted by the murder as a way to get to the Chief. The wedding finally does happen. Linda, Tori and Seth were able to make sure that Nikki’s surprise got finished.

Claudia
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nikki and Hawk are about to tie the knot and Nikki tries to create the perfect wedding cake for her husband-to-be, when a good friend of Hawk's father is killed and a note pinned on the body indicates that he will be next.
Protecting the Chief, trying to find the murderer AND preparing for the wedding at the same time is nearly impossible.
An entertaining cozy, that was really fun to read. An unusual storyline that made the story a little crazy, but still believable.
Judy Rehm
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nikki and Hawk are planning on getting married in a few days. As they are out on a date, Hawk gets a call that another officer has been killed. He finds that officer is also the good friend of his father. There is a note indicating the Chief, Hawk’s father, is next. They ask that the Chief stay away from police work to allow Nikki and Hawk to find the culprit.

Read on to see how the two identify the person who committed the murder and why.
Scarolet Ellis
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wedlock Cake Murder by Wendy Meadows is an amazing read that I have fallen in love with. This is book number twelves in this amazing series that I can not get enough of. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about mysteries and cozy mystery as much as I do.

Pat Eroh
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this author and her clean reads! This is one of her best series too and I am thinking, 12 is not enough! Nikki and Hawk, such cool names, are the best characters ever and Ms. Meadows is an excellent writer so this book captivated me to the end! I am hoping for the lucky 13th!

Barbara Brostek
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wedding Day Stress!
Can Nikki and Hawk solve the murder mystery in time to celebrate their wedding on time? Planning a wedding is stressful enough but add solving a murder, saving the Chief’s life and creating the perfect wedding cake puts it over the top. An intriguing storyline. Enjoy!

I received an advance copy and am happy to leave my honest review.
JodiandDan Sands-Sweet
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Big question, will Nikki and Hawk make it down the isle? And, will Nikki be able to get the cake make as her surprise for Hawk? Plus, there is that murder that needs to be solved first. I really enjoyed this book. Read it to get these answers. You won’t regret it!

Sandy Bartles
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the last book in this series and I found it to be very enjoyable. Nikki and Hawk are caught up in solving a murder and hiding out Hawk’s father (the chief of police) in a safe house, while also planning their wedding. I am so sorry this is the last book, but I am happy that everything came together in the end.

I voluntarily reviewed this book from Kindle Unlimited.
Barbara
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Set aside a morning (or afternoon) for this family-friendly murder mystery set in Maple Hills in the fall, which has a couple of twists.

Dorothy  Scott
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nikki is planning her wedding to Hawke. An urgent call to the cabin marks the beginning of a terrifying threat to the family. Wedding Cake Murder is a well crafted mystery with enjoyable characters.

Rhonda
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining and fun read. Interesting characters in an easy to read whodunnit! Good story flow. Fun read in one sitting! Would recommend!

Bobbi
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story and fantastic characters. Really enjoyed reading this series. It has a lot going for it. The world building is great; you feel like you are in the town itself. The characters are so well crafted that you feel like they are old friends. Highly recommend this book and the series.
CJ
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Author continues to keep us entertained with her wonderful characters and intriguing stories. Nikki and Hawk are planning their wedding and it seems like fate needs to set up roadblocks to prevent the wedding.

Kandice
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be a very enjoyable read. It has a great combination of suspense, mystery, murder and drama.

Lea
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a great read and the characters just captured me. Had a really good time reading it. Can't wait to read more by this author.
Angel Ballard
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Twists and turns galore! A very fast paced story from the get go. Keeps you totally engaged and turning the pages. I couldn't put it down! Well written! Another great book by a great author!
CHET L. COOK
Oct 25, 2019
Diane Rees
Oct 25, 2019

• The 12 Cozy Mystery Carols of Christmas
  • Apple Orchard Cozy Mystery Series: Box Set One (Apple Orchard Cozy #1-3)
  • Sand, Sea and a Skeleton (Dune House Cozy Mystery Book 17)
  • Gram Croakies (Enchanting Inquiries #3)
  • Double Fudge Drowning (The Drunken Pie Cafe Cozy Mystery Book 5)
  • HOSTAGE TO FORTUNE (CLAIRE ROLLINS #8)
  • Croakies & Scream (Enchanting Inquiries #4)
  • The Case of the Fire Spell (Hillcrest Witch Mysteries #11)
  • Pumpkin Patch Murder (Wicked Good Mystery #7)
  • Six Sweets Under (Apple Orchard Cozy #5.5)
  • Candy Slain
  • From Muffins to Murder (Sky High Pies Cozy Mysteries Book 34)
  • The Madeleine Murders (Sky High Pies Cozy Mysteries Book 33)
  • Breakfast and Bedlam (Day and Night Diner Series Book 4)
  • Tattoos and Clues (Mitzy Moon #2)
  • A Last Gift (Teatime Treasure Hunters)
  • Clairvoyant Clues (Sunnyside Retired Witches Community Book 4)
Stay up-to-date with New Releases, Discounted Books, and Giveaways at: http://wendymeadows.com/cozy

USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR

Wendy Meadows is a passionate Cozy Mystery Author whose stories showcase witty women sleuths and engaging plots. To date, she has published dozens of books, which include her popular Sweetfern Harbor Series, Maple Hill Series, and Alaska Cozy Series, to name a few.

In a