Start by marking “The Destruction of Rose (Albany Nightingale Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Destruction of Rose (Albany Nightingale Duet, #1)

The Destruction of Rose

(Albany Nightingale Duet #1)

If I’d known then what I know now, I’d never have tried to reclaim my crown.

After fleeing London and the scandal that tore my family apart, I’m left broken, confused, and mourning a life I never realized was so fragile. I’m used to being on top. I’m used to being admired, and now I’m desperate for a way back in.

I think I’ve found it when I see Ashton Cole—my first crush,
Published January 11th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Destruction of Rose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Destruction of Rose

Start your review of The Destruction of Rose (Albany Nightingale Duet, #1)
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
24993460-SX540 def

THE DESTRUCTION OF ROSE: is the first full length mature YA book in 'New to me author' Rachel M. Raithby's 'Albany Nightingale Duet' series.

WOW! This depicted young love perfectly and captured the entire range of angsty emotions that come with a YA/BULLY novel perfectly- it had everything a romance reader could ask for.

What a great start to a wonderful new series! All fans of bullying books will be jumping on this one! This author took ‘Revenge’ to a whole new level! And only one Queen is
Rina's Reads
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Woah, Mumma! What an ending!
This book was full of tension, I was constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Ash and Rose... the start of their relationship was so sweet, so hopeful.
Unfortunately, the world rarely cares; and life has a way of changing you, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.
All the changes in their lives brought them to where they are now - and while some of those changes were unavoidable - the decisions they made ultimately led to their destruction.
I can NOT
Courtney  (Book Crazy Lady)
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
***I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.***
This book was nothing like I expected. It was 10 million times better! Its bloody brilliant! I absolutely loved this book! This book is vicious and you love every second of everything that happens.

If you are looking for a high school bully romance, this is your book. It has everything plus some. Rose and Ash are so amazing together. Both of them put revenge and status in front of them being together and it pulls them so far apart only to
Sabrina
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Destruction of Rose was absolutely one of the best starts to a new series I have read in such a long time! It captures what teenagers are dealing with in this day and age to another level. Do you remember high school? Bullying, popularity contests, lying to reach the top.... Well Rose’s experience are on a whole other level. Do your self a favor and pick up Book 1, you will not be disappointed!
HANNAH (Books, Films, and Tea)
3.75 stars.
The Destruction of Rose by Rachel M. Raithby kept me holding my breath and on the edge of my seat nearly the entire time. Rose and her mother flee from England after her father is arrested for stealing money. Rose used to be the queen, the ruler of her high school, but now she is disgraced. The two women go to New York, where her grandparents live, and where she spent the summer when she was 13. On her first day of school at Albany Nightingale, she sees Ash, her childhood love from
Robyn Corcoran
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Being at the top of the elite at school is the ultimate or is it?

Rose has her life literally turned upside down and I have to say I was amazed by her inner strength and determination. I admired her will to battle on, I’m sure I would have turned tail and run. Ash is a more complex character on the one hand yet not on the other. I won’t say too much for fear of giving things away. Now Grayson is an intriguing character and one I was wary of from the time of his introduction yet he too shouldn’t
Jennifer Pierson
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Destruction of Rose may be YA, but it had some NA aspects to it, though it takes place in High School, and frankly, I was completely shocked by how good it was. It's a High School bullying romance surrounding Ash & Rose, two teenagers who should have been together, as their relationship started out so sweetly pure, but somehow didn't end up that way, so now they're next level enemies. Some of the stuff which went on seriously pissed me off a great deal, but that's not a shock, because ...more
Daisy Sauceda
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a great book to read. This book portrays so many emotions through out the book. Rose who lives in London is the Queen B at her school. Then one day everything changes and her mom is telling her to get some stuff because they are leaving. In the midst of all this she sees the most devastating scene ever. How will she move on? Will her friends be there for her? Well she finds out more bad information from her so called friends. Well now Rose and her mom are heading back to the states. Here ...more
C Exley Books (Cassandra)
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2020
This is my first book by this author and it won't be my last. This is the first book in the new 'Albany Nightingale Duet'. I never wanted to put this book down. This book was an emotional roller coaster.

Rose was the crown wearing queen B at her school, St Paul's Grammer in London until that is swiped out from under her feet and her and her mother leave behind a mess of criminal destruction. Even her best friend and boyfriend turn their backs on her in her time of need.

I can't wait for 'The
Nicole Ortiz
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fair warning this does end it quite a cliffhanger. This story is a rollercoaster of emotions. This is a story of Rose who was the queen of her school in London and when her father is arrested for money laundering we see how fast she has fallen. Taken to New York by her mother to start over she starts a new school and has to come up with a plan to take down their queen and reclaim the crown, only to learn the boy she had a crush on since she was 13 is the king of the school and dismisses her. We ...more
Lauren
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rachel has smashed this one outta the park! Personally I love a high school/college bully romance - this one was a phenomenal example of one done well.
I really enjoyed the characters, and they are all so vile and mean but also so very damaged - I liked that there was so innocent parties in this book - it was a free for all.
Thanks for another fantastic book Rachel - and you did so damn well stepping away from your usual genres. Bring on the second half of the duology.
Kerry Sautter
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!

I really enjoyed this book! New genre of writing for this author but I’ve loved her previous books and this one did not disappoint!! Heavy lies the head that wears the crown... and is the crown worth losing your soul along the way? Have Ash and Rose broken their connection past the point of reconciliation? I can’t wait to see what happens next!
Pretty_Book_Whore  Narissa
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
An intense bullying story that takes you on a rollercoaster of emotions. Rose's life was changed when her fathers misdeeds are out in the open. Her fall from grace and the crown she metaphorically wore in her London school is gone. In NYC she try's to get the crown there but Ash the boy she loved is there and hes the King with his own Queen. This story has very steep betrayal and angst. Rose breaks and revenge is bitter.
I recieved an ARC in exchange for a honest review.
Danielle
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fantastic read. Watching as the main character develops as the story throws obstacles in her direction.
A thrilling story that holds your attention right from the first page to the last.
The other characters are well written and I look forward to reading more of this series.
Lily The Bookwhore
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love it! But i prefer rose with grayson more
Stacey Broadbent
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. What an emotional roller coaster ride that was!
Rose is the queen bee at her school until one day, she isn’t. In an instant, her whole world is turned upside down and she must find her place in another country and a new school.
A blast from her past rocks her world, and she has to decide what to do next - fight her way to the top, or settle for second best.

This is a story filled with angst and drama. We get to watch as Rose loses the girl she once was and becomes bitter and twisted. We get to
Kat
Awesome - Rachels First foray into Contemporary has me imatiently waiting for more

This book grabs you and pulls you in. As you read about Rose's life and the changes and challenges she has to face, being the new girl in the elite school is not for the faint-hearted, just when Rose thought she'd be okay, life turns on her again. This book has twists and turns that keep you turning the page to find what happens next.

If you love books where love is complicated, status is coveted and revenge is best
Kathy Mayer
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Clare Harrison
Jan 09, 2020 rated it liked it
She was the queen of St. Paul's Grammer but her crown fell off the minute everything came to light.

Her life and social status ruined beyond repair.

A new home, a new country a time to reign supreme once again.. or is it..

Albany Nightingales private school is her new fresh start.

But her past is coming back.. whether she likes it or not..

This was a slow burner for me. I found the beginning half of the book (minus the excitement at the beginning) just average.

I wasnt hyped up, I didnt fall in
winluv g-my
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
What a nonsense mannnn! Regret starting this but I gotta finish it or skim it! Ugh ...more
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)

DNF
The worst characters!
Paula White
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: beta
3.5*
Rachel Raithby
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
ARC Reviewers wanted

'Anger drains from me as every cell touching him flares to life. He’s so much taller and wider than when we were kids, he’s all hard muscle and chiseled lines. His head dips, his lips lingering over the sensitive skin on the curve of my neck. I’m breathing heavy, melting into him as the reasons I was so angry fade away.
The past and the present collide inside of me; I hear the sweet laughter of the young boy he once was. See the young love in his cinnamon dusted eyes and then
Justine
Jan 15, 2020
Amy
Jan 12, 2020
Lori
rated it did not like it
Jan 21, 2020
Adriana
Jan 14, 2020
Lena
rated it it was ok
Jan 14, 2020

• Hating You (Blackthorn Elite #1)
  • Treacherous
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Princess Ballot (Royals of Arbon Academy, #1)
  • Chase the Butterflies
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Break You (Boys of Trinity Hall, #1)
  • Releasing Keanu (The Kennedy Boys #8)
  • Credence
  • Hearts and Thorns (Magnolia Cove, #3)
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • The Faerie Mates (Dark World: The Faerie Games Book 3)
  • Shacking Up (Shacking Up, #1)
  • Catch Me (Spring Hill Blues, #2)
  • Eves (Carson Brothers, #2)
  • Mr. December (Calendar Boys, #12)
  • When the Saint Falls (Westbrook Three, #1)
Rachel M. Raithby started her writing career in 2013 and hasn’t looked back. She draws her inspiration from the many places she has lived and traveled, as well as from her love of the paranormal and thriller movies. She can often be found hiding out with a good book or writing more fast-paced and thrilling stories where love always conquers all. A Brit who has lived in many places, she now resides ...more