Start by marking “Ride Hard (Roughstock Riders Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Ride Hard (Roughstock Riders Book 1)

Ride Hard (Roughstock Riders Book 1)

When disgraced bull rider Ty Sloane agreed to take a job as foreman at Falcon Ridge Ranch, he didn’t count on having to share his job or his cabin with twenty-one-year-old rising star barrel racer Maybelle Johnson. She tests his patience by day and drives him to distraction by night, but she’s off limits—too young and innocent for the likes of an ex-con like him.

As far
Published November 19th 2019 by Shady Layne Media

To ask other readers questions about Ride Hard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ride Hard

Start your review of Ride Hard (Roughstock Riders Book 1)
Jennie Fortna
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC for honest review with no compensation

Ride Hard is book 1 in the new Roughstock Riders series by Tessa Layne and a great way to start this new series! Even catching up with old friends.

Ty Sloan, disgraced bull rider and Maybelle Johnson, a young up an coming barrel racer are a thrown together when he takes a job as foreman on the Falcon Ridge Ranch after being released from prison as part of his parole only to find Maybelle had been given the same job by her Uncle.

What happens next with
CarolKat
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Prairie and the Flint Hills, the characters created by Tessa Layne are very real and bring out so many emotions.

This book opens with preparation for Lexi and Jarrod's wedding, before the ceremony the ranch is business as usual. Teddy Grace has hired cousin Maybelle to be foreman on his ranch. He'd had a hard time trying to find someone dedicated and capable to fill the position, and Maybelle has all that and more.

Teddy had also asked Colton Kincaid for assistance finding someone, and
Lisa Spofford
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have reviewed a number of books by this author and find that I enjoy and appreciate them most when I am familiar with at least some of the characters in each story. There is a backstory for many of them and from some of the traditions that follow through couples in the town of Prairie. In this particular book, there were characters that I had met before and others that entered the picture before I started reading the series. As a result I felt a bit more lost than I had in Ms. Laynes’ last ...more
Jessica
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ride Hard is the first book in the Roughstock Riders series, but connects to some of Ms. Layne’s previous books. Maybelle and Ty are trying to share the job of foreman at Falcon Ridge Ranch, but they’re fighting against their attraction. They both have secrets from their past, but when Maybelle is threatened, will Ty be able to save her?

This book was the perfect length to grab my attention because it had the perfect amount of character development, relationship building, drama, and danger! I
Stephanie Erickson
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Maybelle Johnson is an excellent barrel racer with the chance to make it to National competition. But after some trouble, she needs to make some money for repairs to her trailer. She was hired to work as foreman at her Uncle Teddy’s ranch in Prairie, Kansas.

Ty Sloane the former bull rider is out on parole. With the help of some long time friends, he is headed to Prairie, Kansas to work. Cody and Colt have been trying to talk him in to getting back on the back of a bull.

What he doesn’t expect is
Jacky
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
An older man, younger woman romance. Ty is about 15 years older than Maybelle. There was great chemistry, and an instant attraction between the two.

I honestly thought the book would be more focused on them competing for the foreman's job before the romance heated up. Rodeoing was mentioned, and the foreman concept kind of took a backseat by them agreeing to share the job.

I felt badly for Ty because he was so down on himself. I wish I knew what his associates degree was in. It was mentioned a
Christina Luberts
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tessa did not disappoint in the writing of this story. We that Ty who just got out of prison and was a Rodeo Star. When he gets out of jail his friends offer him a job as a foreman on the ranch. Maybelle is a barrel racer and her uncle offered her the foreman job on the ranch. Do we have some heat coming on when these two find that they were both offered the job. What will They do? Can they compromise? Who will win the fight for foreman or will chemistry get in the way? What will Ty do to ...more
Kathi
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second Chances, Redemption and Cowboys(girls)!!

You will never go wrong reading any story from Prairie.

She’s a barrel racer helping her uncle and trying to “get in the money”. He’s just out of jail, a former rodeo champion and trying to restart his life. They’ve both been assigned to be foreman; which also means the same living quarters.

Sparks fly, and tempers rise. Both are hard-working, excel on horseback, and will melt your heart.

The struggle is real, and these two work their way into your
KylieAtkinson
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another delicious Tessa Layne story. Although this is the first in the Roughstock Riders series, I’ve read a lot of her previous titles which incorporate some of those characters in to this book (not necessary to read the others first). This is also my first cowboy story from Tessa and cowboys always keep a girl interested. Ty is certainly a sexy (and older) guy and Maybelle (love that name) is super sassy and knows what she wants. Together they make a good team but would love to have read more ...more
Vicki Shaff
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Ty Sloan was a champion bull rider until he got in a fight defending a woman and was sent to jail for three years. He’s finally getting paroled and is given a job on a ranch as foreman. The trouble is Maybelle is a barrel racer who was just hired as foreman by her uncle. Ty and Maybelle clash but they are instantly attracted to each other. Ty tries to fight it but in the end he can’t stay away. Maybelle is facing danger from a former boyfriend. When Ty comes to her rescue he lands in
Patti
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Ty is an alpha sweetheart! Maybelle is a determined "firecracker." They are so much fun together - opposites, age gap, stubborn and intense attraction make them irresistible. I love them. They are a romance lover's dream couple.

I don't know how Tessa Layne does it. She manages to write incredible stories with characters that are so authenic and likeable. The drama is fresh, interesting and engaging. I am never disappointed is her books!

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am
Sharon Noble
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is about Ty, a bull rider who has been released from Prison I. Patrol. His friends say they have a job for him at their Father in laws ranch, but when he gets there somebody else is there too. Maybelle want a new start after her ex axed her trailer. This book is their story with lots of sass, kisses & love!

BookSnuggle
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Ride Hard by Tessa Layne is book number one in the Roughstock Riders series. This is Ty Sloane and Maybelle Johnson’s story.

Ty and Maybelle’s characters are one of a kind. You wouldn’t think these two would fit together but they are ideal for each other. Ty and Maybelle’s journey had some bumps and twists but end up with their HEA.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Marichus Real
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ty was a famous bull rider who trying to help somebody ends in jail.
Maybelle is a barrel racer who is suffering vandalism from an ex-boyfriend.
I liked how Maybelle is able to see deep into Ty’s heart, and I liked how Ty puts his freedom in jeopardy to take care of Maybelle.
A well-written and well-developed book by Tessa Layne. It is always a pleasure to read her books. Easy to read, enjoyable and tender.
Looking forward to the next one.
Debbie
Ty & Maybelle
She's all female & fiesty.
He's all male & very much male.
He's older.
Both know their way away a ranch and horses!!!
I love the sparing between them!!! They had me rolling with laughter!!
And, I total love them as a couple!!!
Loved how their family & friends helped them all through the story!!!
Can't wait for the next one!!!
Jenny H
Loved it!
This was a well written and entertaining quick read. I really enjoyed Ty and Maybelle's story. The characters are developed with a great opposites attract, intense attraction chemistry that works. This was an enjoyable older man, younger woman romance and a great start to the Roughstock Riders series.
I received a free copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Lady M.
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I flew through this book. It was such an easy read. It's a complete stand-alone - but if you ever read any other books by this author you'll see familiar names, but if you haven't you shouldn't be lost. Things happened so quickly, there was never a lull in the story
Teresa
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow Ty and Maybelle have a very rough first meeting and things get way more out of hand on the long ride to their HEA

Mary Jane McLeod
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a great story. It captivated me from the beginning and I lost sleep because I couldn't put it down. I loved Ty and Maybelle's characters and their story.
I received an ARC of this book but truly loved it and voluntarily leave my review.
Misty
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!

An amazing and quick read. Ty and Maybelle both have secrets, they learn to share them and in the end. Sharing those secrets helps them out and their love blooms.
Sherry
Annie Dyer
Nov 22, 2019
ILgıN ÖzLem
Nov 23, 2019

• Bring It On Home (Misfit Inn, #4)
  • The Cowboy's Heart (Three Sisters Ranch, #3)
  • All Fired Up
  • Taming a Texas Bad Boy (Bad Boy Ranch Book 1)
  • Once Upon a Cowboy Christmas (River Ranch, #3)
  • Coming Home (A Cotton Creek Christmas)
  • Cowgirl Miracle (The Dalton Boys, #11)
  • Restless Rancher (Wild Rose Ranch, #2)
  • Spun Out (Blacktop Cowboys, #10)
  • Cowboys Never Kiss Under the Mistletoe: A Johnson Brothers Novel (Chestnut Ranch Cowboy Billionaire Romance Book 2)
  • Finn (Anderson Billionaires, #1)
  • One Wish: A Christmas Story
  • Tangled Up In Christmas (Texas Heat #2)
  • Strummin' Up Love (Music of Long Valley, #1)
  • The Senator's Daughter (Heritage #3)
  • Ravenous (Steel Brothers Saga #11)
  • It Started with a Cowboy