Start by marking “The Spirit of Fire” as Want to Read:
The Spirit of Fire

The Spirit of Fire

Thirteenth-century Languedoc, torn apart by decades of crusades against the Cathar heretics, braces for the final stand of the Catholic Church against the Good Men and Good Women at the remote fortress of Montsegur. Azemar and Azalais, now fugitives after their daring escape from the castel de Belascon, must try to reach the fortress—and fulfill their destiny—before it’s ...more
Published December 6th 2019 by Bellastoria Press

To ask other readers questions about The Spirit of Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spirit of Fire

Start your review of The Spirit of Fire
Amy Bruno
After reading and loving Listen to the Wind last year I was super anxious to get my hands on the second book in the series, The Spirit of Fire, and I am happy to report that I loved just as much!

To begin, the author graciously provides a history of the region during that time and a recap of what happened so that was super helpful to get acclimated back into the book.

The Spirit of Fire takes up the story immediately after the end of book one and in the years leading up to the conflict between the
Frankie (Chicks, Rogues and Scandals)
Here it is the highly waited for the second instalment of the Orphan’s of Tolosa Trilogy, The Spirit of Fire carries on from where the previous book left off as the Orphans; Azemar and Azalais continue with their perilous journey through the Languedoc. For those have yet discovered the beauty of this series, I would definitely recommend that you read the books in order, that way you won’t miss out on anything within the intricate and compelling plot.
Set during the 13th century, the Languedoc has
Jypsy
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you HFVBT and the author for a complimentary copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

The Spirit Of Fire
The Orphans Of Tolosa Trilogy #2
By: Susanne Dunlap

*REVIEW*
Susanne Dunlap's The Spirit Of Fire is the continuation of a thirteenth century(1243-44) tale woven from fact and fiction about a dark horrific era in French history in the region then know as Languedoc. This region, now called Occitanie, would not become part of France until the sixteenth
Nursebookie
“The Spirit of Fire” by Susanne Dunlap is the Second Book of the Orphans of Tolosa Book covering the years 1243-1244. The story covers the thirteenth century period in a region that will not become part of France until later in the sixteenth century, called Occitanie. Quite unique to the culture is their women troubadours who wrote poetry, sets it to music and performs in the courts.

The Midi (Languedoc) were similar to Spanish and Catalan culturally, and more tolerant of other religions
gwendalyn _books_

Book Blog :http://gwendalynbooks.wordpress.com
Instagram :http://Instagram.com/gwendalyn_books_
Goodreads:https://www.goodreads.com/user/edit/p...

5' Star Rating

This book was received from the Author, and Publisher, in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

The Spirit of Fire, by Susanne Dunlap, is the highly anticipated next book in the Orphans of Tolosa
Sarah Sabin
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a journey.

The world-building in this tale of the Crusades is absolutely phenomenal. I felt like I was there, in the Midi, running from the inquisitors and Crusaders with Azalaïs and Azemar.

This book is packed with battle, betrayal, a developing love story, and gratitude for the religious freedom we've been given.

Big thanks to Susanne Dunlap to Amy Bruno for the free copy to read and review!
N.
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Impressively researched, believable characters, incredible plotting, excellent writing overall, and quite a learning experience. Like the first book in the series, The Spirit of Fire is massively entertaining. The third book is a prequel, which will help with the wait for its release but I’d read it right now if I could.
Kate Eminhizer
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get an advanced copy of this title via the author.
I'll be the first to admit that while I enjoyed the first book, Listen to the Wind, I wasn't truly enraptured by it. However, I was intrigued enough by the storyline that I wanted to continue the journey to see what Dunlap would do with her characters. This book was magnificent! The characters' relationships with each other shifted and evolved as they each became more aware of themselves and their circumstances. Duplicity
Susanne
Oct 12, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Aqua
Dec 10, 2019
Wendy Tyler
Jan 01, 2020

• The Girl I Left Behind
  • Katherine: Tudor Duchess (Brandon Trilogy, #3)
  • This Son of York
  • Gold Digger, The Remarkable Baby Doe Tabor
  • Beyond the Moon
  • Mrs P’s Book of Secrets
  • Wanders Far-An Unlikely Hero's Journey
  • The Place We Call Home
  • The Marriage of Miss Jane Austen: Volume III
  • Josephine: Singer Dancer Soldier Spy
  • Country Lovers: A feel-good winter read from the Sunday Times bestselling author
  • Life on Loan
  • Child of Love and Water
  • Trailing the Hunter
  • The Emperor's Assassin
  • The Last Day of Winter
  • Bittersweet Tapestry: A Novel of Eighteenth Century Europe (The Derrynane Saga, Book Three)
  • The Snow Collectors
Susanne Dunlap is the author of nine works of historical fiction. A graduate of Smith College with a PhD in Music History from Yale University, Susanne grew up in Buffalo, New York and has lived in London, Brooklyn and Northampton, MA. She now lives in Northampton with her long-time partner, Charles, has two grown daughters, three granddaughters, a grandson, a stepson and a stepdaughter, five ...more