Start by marking “Holiday Roast Mortem” as Want to Read:

(Killer Coffee #7)

Christmas is right around the corner.

Fresh off the Christmas Pawrade and Central Park tree lightening, Honey Springs is buzzing with the excitement of the season.

Published November 26th 2019 by Tonya Kappes

To ask other readers questions about Holiday Roast Mortem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holiday Roast Mortem

Start your review of Holiday Roast Mortem
Taryn
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mystery
In this new book of the series the Christmas is fast approaching and everyone is getting into the spirit. The town.looks amazing with all its decorations and Roxy is excited about the Christmas Day Dinner that her husband Patrick and she will be hosting. Roxy has been quite busy so a meal out with her husband is something she has been looking forward to. While enjoying their meal it continues to be interrupted by a rude couple intent on arguing all night. On their way home from the dinner they ...more
Thomas
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun holiday mystery that has Roxy doubting her instincts as a lawyer.

When the local butcher drives off the road with his wife in the passenger seat into the very cold wintertime lake. Patrick and Roxy were behind them. Patrick saves the wife, but the husband doesn't make it.

It's later determined that he was poisoned, and the wife is now the #1 suspect. She asks Roxy to help her, and then suddenly confesses.

Another great story from Tonya Kappes. This series has now become my favorite as the
Wulfwyn
I have been reading A Killer Coffee Mystery Series from the start. I highly recommend reading it in order.
In this book Christmas has come to Honey Springs, Kentucky. The town is decorated and Roxy has been busy with making holiday blend coffee, making special treats and planning the Christmas Day supper. That’s right. Roxy is hosting a big Christmas supper at the Bean Hive Coffee Shop. She has been busy as a bee with little time to just enjoy her husband of one year. So Roxy and Patrick go out
Amy
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Christmas is just around the corner and Roxy is planning a Christmas Day dinner for family and friends at the Bee Hive.
Roxy and Patrick hear a couple fighting while out for dinner and then end up witnesses to them driving into the icy cold lake. Patrick dives in to save them but can only save the wife, Yvonne.
The wife becomes the prime suspect in what is now a murder case of her husband Ryan. Is she guilty?? Well we all know that means Roxy will find a way to nose around into the murder.
Karen Hollins-Stallman
Holiday Roast Mortem is the 7th instalment in the A Killer Coffee Mystery Series by Tonya Kappes. I think this series is tied with the A Camper and Criminals Cozy Mystery Series as my favourite!

I really needed an escape this weekend as my little dog had been hurt and needless to say we were all very upset. I started reading really late in the evening and read right through till morning escaping even if for only a little while.

Fresh off the Christmas Pawrade
Daniele
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
HOLIDAY ROAST MORTEM, the seventh book in the popular Killer Coffee Mystery series, provides a good mystery to solve and is fun holiday season reading for cozy fans.

Coffee shop owner Roxy finds herself putting on her lawyer cap (she maintains her law license even though she does not practice) when a local businessman Ryan Moore is poisoned and his wife Yvonne arrested for the crime. Surely, Yvonne did not do it…right? With Christmas rapidly approaching and bad weather to boot, Roxy must
Allyson Abu-hajar
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: southern-mystery
Roxy Bloom Cane finds herself pulled into a case, when Yvonne Moore asks her to be her lawyer. Yvonne is the main suspect after the death of her husband was ruled a homicide. Yvonne swears she is innocent. Then Kirk, Roxy's ex-husband, shows up representing Ryan Moore, the deceased. After Kirk shares some information, he acts like he has an open and shut case. Not if Roxy has anything to say about it!

After a bombshell is dropped by her client, Roxy decides to find out more because things aren't
Norma
Nov 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Although the plot was good, I found myself getting distracted and just wanted the story to be over. I like Tonya Kappes's books but this one was not a favorite. I honestly hope it was just me and I WILL be reading the next in this series.
Jeanie
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-provided
What a great Christmas mystery! I really enjoy this series. The characters are engaging and defined well through conversations and actions, and with regards to Roxy, her thoughts. The mystery is well-plotted and executed. The Bean Hive Coffee Shop sounds like the kind of place I would enjoy, especially with the seniors who work at and frequent the shop, Pepper, and the adoptable pet of the week in the shop.

The Bean Hive Coffee Shop is Roxy’s happy place; opened when she returned to her hometown
Mary Brown
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Killer Coffee Mystery, Book #7
Tonya Kappes
5 Stars

Synopsis:

Christmas is right around the corner.

Roxy Bloom and Patrick Cane are hosting the ultimate Christmas Day Diner for all of their friends and family at The Bean Hive. Roxy has been so busy with her Jingle Bells Lattes and planning the party that Patrick whisks her off for a romantic dinner at the
Kristina
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, cozy-mysteries
Holiday Roast Mortem by Tonya Kappes is the seventh A Killer Coffee Mystery. Each book can be read on its own, but why would you not want to read each book in this entertaining series. Holiday Roast Mortem is a fun holiday cozy mystery where Roxy gets an opportunity to dust off her lawyer skills. When Yvonne Moore is suspected of killing her husband, Ryan, she requests that Roxy represent her. Yvonne was seen arguing with her husband the previous night by Roxy, Patrick and a restaurant full of ...more
Miss W Book Reviews
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holiday Roast Mortem is Book 7 in the Coffee Killer Series by Tonya Kappes.
This is my FAVORITE series. I was so happy to be back in Honey Springs especially at Christmastime.
This small Kentucky town has stolen my heart. I wish I could live there.

Roxy and Patrick are enjoying a nice romantic dinner at their favorite restaurant when they overhear a fight between a couple at a neighboring table. The night goes from bad to worst for that couple.

Next thing you know, Roxy is knee deep in another
Kim
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When the local butcher and his wife drive off the road into a very cold Kentucky lake, Patrick and Roxy witnessing the accident pull over to help. Patrick dives into the water pulling the wife out first and then heads back for the husband. The wife is okay but the husband doesn’t make it. After an autopsy, the husband’s death is ruled as a murder since poison is found in his system. The wife asks Roxy to be her attorney, so of course, Roxy gets involved in the investigation.

Another great book
Linda 📚
A light, entertaining cozy! I love Pepper, the schnauzer, and Sassy, the poodle ...more
Deana Dick
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the things I like most about cozy mysteries is very simple. The stories make me feel warm and cozy as a I settle down to an adventure in small town America. The author is very gifted in her description of the setting in this book. I want to move there and visit every shop. You can feel the friendliness in the town and spend all day visiting with shop keepers.

I absolutely love being back with Roxy and the gang. She is one smart woman who never gives up . Her knack for finding out the truth
Michelle
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Holiday Roast Mortem has been a favorite of mine in this series. Each character grows a little bit in each book and you learn a little more behind each key player.

Roxy and Patrick are settling in quite comfortably into their marriage and with their fur-babies Sassy and Pepper. Like any marriage, they have to work at it-which is mostly because they are older (not in their early 20s) and more independent. This can cause a few hiccups, but it strengthens their bond versus hurting it.

On a night
Marsha
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
A wonderful holiday read... even if there is a murder involved. This author is great with the descriptive visualization. You'll be able to really see how beautiful the town is, especially during the holiday season. While the case seems pretty open and shut, it is anything but. Suspects start to come out of the woodwork. As this series progresses, (which each book can be read as a stand alone,) I like that Roxy's (the Protagonist) boyfriend turned husband begins to accept her meddling ways and no ...more
Vivian
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Happy to be back in Honey Springs, full of small town charm and a great cast of characters - love the coffee shop! While out at a romantic dinner, Roxy and Patrick can't help but overhear the couple nearby having a heated argument. On their way home, they come across an accident - and the arguing couple are the victims, one of whom dies. But it turns out to be no accident - but who did it? The author's mysteries are always interesting and keep me guessing - half the run of reading her books is ...more
Marissa
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kindle Copy for Review

Roxy and Patrick are in the middle of planning their Christmas Day menu at The Bean Hive. Patrick takes Roxy out to dinner when a couple sitting near dead proceeds to argue all through the dinner.

They then witness the couple drive into the icy lake as they headed home. Patrick dives in the lake trying to save the couple but only the wife survives. The wife appears to be guilty as she is the number one suspect.

Roxy is asks to help the wife to figure who really killed her
Meryl Markowitz
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read an advanced copy for an honest review.
Welcome back to Honey Springs, where the holidays are around the corner and everyone in town is excited.
Unfortunately an accident turns into a murder and it's up to to Roxy to not only represent the prime suspect, but to figure out why she's taking the blame for a crime she didn't commit.
Who is she protecting?
Why was her husband killed?
Will there be more bodies? How many?
What is Roxy's obnoxious ex doing in town?
Can everything be resolved before
Monica
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tonya Kappes takes us back to one of my favorite towns, Honey Springs, for Christmas. Roxy and Patrick share some quality time with their fur babies and family and friends. But Roxy still has time to figure out the murderer. So many suspects. Lots of twists and turns, including one that lands a truck in the frozen water. I love how everyone in the town comes to the Bean Hive to recharge and socialize. Such a perfect spot. I can almost smell the coffee and baked goods and sure makes me want to ...more
Monica
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a great addition to this series. You can also read this a stand alone. Roxy is on the case again. Her and Patrick see an bad accident. The next day Yvonne hires Roxy to represent her. I like how both Spencer and Patrick don't dismiss the help from Roxy anymore. Things pop up because not is all as it seems. You get a lot of Christmas cheer and talks about the beautiful decorations in this book. I would definitely warm up next to a fire and read this cozy mystery while thinking about ...more
Debi Paglia
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great addition to the Honey Springs Mystery Series! The main character is Roxie, a former attorney turned barrister/chef. The setting is her coffee shop in the lakeside town of Honey Springs, Kentucky. If you like a good solid mystery, with a lot of Southern sass, then you need to read this series. All of the books are stand-alone, but I would start at reading #1 to get all the background on Roxy, Patrick and their fur babies, plus all of their friends and family.
Sandy
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A delightful read! Roxy and Patrick see a couple arguing in a restaurant and later witness their vehicle plunge into a lake. A murder investigation ensues. As expected of this author, this book is skillfully written with a tight plot, complex characters and a great deal of humor. There are multiple story lines within this cozy mystery. I was kept guessing until the very end. I received this book free and chose to make a voluntary, unbiased review.
Miki
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the perfect book for cozy mystery readers at this time of the year! I absolutely loved it! the investigation is well written ane captivating until the end ( even if i guessed the culprit early)
Tonya Kappes gives us a wonderful idea of Christmas set in the South and her character Roxy make us live it through her eyes a pure wonder.

The rythm is perfect and as always the pet like Pepper and Sassy just add teh little touch we loves.

Really an excellent book not to be missed
Julia David
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy this series. I enjoy the recipes in the back of the book. Poor Roxy and Patrick can't even have a romantic dinner without a dead body. After Patrick rescues a woman from a truck in the lake, Roxy is hired to be her attorney because her husband did not make it out of the lake alive. He had been poisoned before he ran off the road. Roxy knows the woman is innocent, but she has so many secrets. Roxy keeps discovering more secrets. but she is still sure that she didn't commit the ...more
Paula
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Who killed Ryan? Was it Yvonne, Roxy's client or someone else? I love mysteries and this one kept me guessing - really like discovering the clues along with Roxy. Patrick is the best husband ever and I love how we get to see more of his and Roxy's relationship. Her aunt is still a hoot. Was leery of the ex showing up but loved how Roxy handled him. I received a copy from the author and this is my honest review.
Sandy Bartles
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you want to read a good Christmas book, this is the one. I was all over the place trying to figure out who did what to whom! Roxy and Patrick, their fur babies and other friends and family come back together to ensure this is a great book and a lovely Christmas.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Gina
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one really had me guessing who the culprit was. Ms. Kappes did a great job with the twists in this mystery. I was happy to return to Lake Honey Springs and catch up with Roxie, Patrick and the rest of the regulars. Not only is there a murder or two to solve but Aunt Maxie is acting very strange. Roxie needs to wrap up the mystery like a nice present so Christmas can be celebrated in a holly jolly way. I received a complimentary copy and I am voluntarily reviewing.
Brian Frauenknecht
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mystery
I love getting to come back to The Bean Hive and I love spending time with Roxie and everyone else. This has to be my favorite of the series so far. I love cozies set around the holidays and Christmas is my favorite holiday. This is another wonderful edition to the series. I can't wait to read the next installment.

I received an Arc from the author for my unbiased opinion and review.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Hounds, Harvest, and Homicide : A Pooch Party Cozy Mystery (The Pooch Party Cozy Mystery Series Book 2)
  • The 12 Cozy Mystery Carols of Christmas
  • Pooches, Pumpkins, and Poison: A Pooch Party Cozy Mystery
  • The Mystery Before Christmas (Cat in the Attic, #2)
  • Curses and Candy Canes: A Paranormal Mystery Christmas Anthology
  • Note in the Nutcracker
  • New Orleans Nightmare (A Roxy Reinhardt Cozy Mystery Book 2)
  • The Cost of Honor (Black Ops Confidential, #3)
  • Lace and Lies (Vampire Knitting Club #7)
  • Tattoos and Clues (Mitzy Moon #2)
  • A Purrfect Alibi (The Oyster Cove Guesthouse Book 3)
  • Fair Isle and Fortunes (Vampire Knitting Club #6)
  • Purls and Potions (Vampire Knitting Club #5)
  • Pilgrim in the Parlor (The Inn at Holiday Bay #6)
  • A Very Mummy Holiday (Tourist Trap Mysteries #9.5)
  • Maui Kalikimaka: A Christmas Romance Novella (Christmas in Love Book 3)
  • Leave No Stone (Faith McClellan #2)
  • Curses and Cauldrons: A Paranormal Halloween Mystery Anthology
Click the FOLLOW button to be notified of Tonya Kappes's new and upcoming book releases. Her A Camper & Criminals Cozy Mystery has been optioned for film.

Tonya Kappes has written more than fifty southern cozy mysteries, all of which have graced numerous bestseller lists, including USA Today . Best known for stories charged with southern charm, emotion and humor and filled with flawed

Killer Coffee (8 books)
  • Scene of the Grind (A Killer Coffee Mystery, #1)
  • Mocha and Murder (Killer Coffee #2)
  • Freshly Ground Murder (Killer Coffee #3)
  • Cold Blooded Brew (Killer Coffee #4)
  • Decaffeinated Scandal
  • A Killer Latte (A Killer Coffee Mystery Series Book Six)
  • Dead to the Last Drop