Start by marking “Treacherous” as Want to Read:
Treacherous

Treacherous

Senior year was not going how I planned.
It was supposed to be an amazing year- the perfect year.
And it started out that way… until my mom remarried and I found myself in a new town, at a new school, and living with quite possibly the most conniving person I had ever met.
But my horrible stepbrother wasn’t even the worst part.
It was his best friend.

Zayden Michaels.
Published December 10th 2019 by Twisted Fiction Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Treacherous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Treacherous

Start your review of Treacherous
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
24993460-SX540
treacherous

'TREACHEROUS:' Is a full length, standalone romance novel co-written by Alex Greyson and Melissa Toppen. Our Hero and Heroine are Zayden & Rylee. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.'

With only a few months left in her senior year in highschool Rylee's having to transfer to a whole new school, move in with her mothers new husband and son Oliver, leaving all her friends behind. Add in the fact that her stepbrother hates her with a vengeance is putting it mildly where he makes no qualms about
Dora Koutsoukou
3,5 s

Another bully romance read. I wasn’t thrilled neither discontented.
The story was well written but predictable, with a lot of drama and angst.
Kari Davis
I loved this! I recently discovered Alex Grayson this year and devoured her Hell Night Series in the matter of three days. So when I saw this I immediately requested without even having read the blurb. Melissa Toppen is a new author to me, so that was an added bonus.

Treacherous is a stand-alone enemies to lovers read, told from dual POV’s. I love dual POV’s because I love knowing the inner thoughts of each character. We are introduced to Rylee and Zayden, who have undeniable attraction to one
Manoela
4 Stars

I was positively surprised by this book. When I got him to read, I was afraid that these are teenage characters and it is a theme that although very present is also a cliche theme. But then I started the story and found myself captivated by this story from the first pages.

I think the character in the book for me was Rylee without a doubt. She was very mature for her age, strong and courageous and despite all the bully who suffered here never let her fear speak louder.Zayden is a
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
-Sara,

I always enjoy the bully reads and this one was no different.

Zayden and Rylee start off as enemies. He isn’t her bully but he does take part in it. Their attraction to each other doesn’t take long to surface and once they both open up their relationship definitely becomes worth reading.

Rylee doesn’t have it easy starting at a new school in the middle of the year. Not to mention her bully is her new, less than welcoming, stepbrother who is also Zayden's best friend.

After a few too many
Joelle
I not sure what to say about this one another than if there had been a whole lot of communication with the children of the parties involved this whole situation with a love and hate situation could have been avoidable to some extent if not completely.

I have to say the story itself made you uneasy due to the content but, the Rylee being on the receiving end was not some milk stop and although what happen to her was bothering her and effecting her emotional the bullies in turn would not be
Maree Repa
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five Amazing Stars

A Change Of Plans

I was absolutely thrilled to receive this next book written by two amazing authors, Alex Grayson and Melissa Toppen. Such both a exciting novel. It have read. Completely filled with change of life, shook and even family.

Rylee’s life was certainly going to change now. It was her final year of high school. She thought it’s was going to be a breeze, now that her parents had broken up and now getting remarried. She thought her stepbrother is such a pain until she
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★
Loved this one - you think you have each character figured out however they had so many layers. I loved how strong the heroine was through all the bullshit.
Anne Milne
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a story that surprised me, I wasn't sure what to expect before starting but I really enjoyed it. An enemies to lovers story with real depth and that dealt with very real issues with such honesty. My favourite character was Rylee she was so strong. It took me awhile to warm up to Zayden but he slowly grew on me and won we over totally. With characters you'll love and ones you won't. This was a good read that kept me invested from the start.
Roxs Reads
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really love going into a book blind which is what I did with Treacherous. Melissa Toppen and Alex Grayson are both top authors for me to one-click, so I had no hesitation in choosing to read this co-written book. I’m not always a fan of Young Adult books with immature teenage characters but I was pleased with this story.

The main characters are older teens who have all experienced some harsh realities of life that have hardened them and exposed their bitter, selfish, and entitled sides. They
Renee
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Senior year was not going how I planned. It was supposed to be an amazing year-the perfect year. And it started out that way...until my mom remarried and I found myself in a new town, at a new school, and living with quite possibly the most conniving person I had ever met. But my horrible stepbrother wasn't even the worst part. It was his best friend. Zayden Michaels. Gorgeous, Unpredictable.
Paula D
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love enemies to lovers romance. So this one hit the spot. Intense at times and even deals with teenage dark issues and more. Rylee is now the new girl at school and meets Zayden her step brother Oliver’s hot best friend. But Oliver has a plan of destruction but will he end up breaking everything instead? 5/5 stars
Melissa
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I already knew Melissa and Alex were great authors on their own but together, AMAZING! I discovered billy romance within the last year and really love reading this sub genre. When I found out they were writing one together I was super excited. This book does not disappoint! The story line is one I haven’t read before in this sub genre which was very refreshing. I love the characters as individuals as well as who they were together. Fantastic must read!
Konny
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Treacherous by Alex Grayson and Melissa Toppen is a na stand alone, entertaing read that had me from chapter one. I started rewading and what can I say, I couldn't put it down. I reda the whole book, cover to cover, in one sitting.
Rylee is a senior in highscholl. She just transferred and now attends with her stepbrother, Oliver. To call his emotions toward dislike is putting it mildly.
And then there's Hayden, Oliver's best friend. They're close like brothers, but Zayden is drawn to Rylee, who's
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, arc-from-author
I really enjoyed this book once i started I couldn't put it down.

It is a great enemies to lovers story. it is a really good storyline deals with a touch subject bullying.
I think i felt every emotion while reading I liked and hated characters. it will have you on the edge of your seat it is a MUST read definitely one of my top reads this year.
Kendall {Book Crazy}
4.5 stars!

I had been waiting for this book to release for a while now, so when it did, I grabbed a copy right away and read it as soon as I could! The synopsis sounded amazing and exactly my kind of read! I've also read books from both these authors and loved them, so I was excited to read a co-written book from them! After reading this book, I can say that I enjoyed it! The plot kept me engaged and wanting to read on and find out how things were going to progress! There was a lot of romance in
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
This bully young adult book had he completely hooked. I loved the fact that it didn't take long for Zayden and Rylee to acknowledge their feelings for each other. At first yeah, Zayden was a bully towards her but that was because her stepbrother was a real a$$ and blamed her and her mother for breaking up his parent's marriage. But people shouldn't cast stones right! How would it have been Rylee's fault that their parents married and now they have to co-habitat with each other!!

Oliver was trying
Up All Night With Books
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Review by Lisa
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

WOW, what a surprising story!! Treacherous by Alex Grayson and Melissa Toppe was nothing like I expected and everything that I absolutelyenjoyed. This section from the synopsis comes close but doesn't fully do this book justice:

But in a world of rumors, games, and deceit, you never really know who you can trust.
Sometimes the best deceptions are the ones you never see coming.

Rylee is enjoying and living up her Senior year of high
Ga Books LoverX
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, wow, WOW!!! Treacherous is everything that you want in a bully romance: anger, redemption, love, and angst! Rylee gets to start at a new school her senior year with only knowing her new stepbrother, who happens to hate her, oh yay, this will go well....
The problem is not him though, it is his best friend that she is instantly attracted to....
The man that is always angry and somehow rules the school though he is not exactly likable...

All in all if you like the bully romance trend, you will
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review by: Jennifer
(4 stars)

After her mother gets married, Rylee has to move right in the middle of her senior year. Starting over at a new school, with no friends, behind in classes and to top it all off the step-brother Rylee has acquired with this new marriage hates her guts. Rylee is determined to make the best of situation, but Oliver is just as determined to make Rylee's life miserable. With Oliver comes his best friend Zayden, and even thought Rylee knows that she should be careful with
Tania's Book Blog
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I knew these two authors individually do an awesome job and together they were explosive!!! Zayden and Rylee has me consumed from beginning to end and I wanted more!!!! Rylee was not happy with starting a new school in the middle of her senior year after her mom remarried. She didn’t expect her new stepbrother Oliver to be so terrible but also wasn’t expecting his hot as son best friend either. When Zayden first saw Rylee he was speechless but then he automatically hated her because of his best ...more
K.  Ramjohn
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Treacherous is the latest standalone romance by Alex Grayson and Melissa Toppen. This novel incorporated bully, stepbrother's best friend and enemies-to-lovers tropes into one story that will hold your interest from beginning to end. It will evoke so many emotion from you as the story progresses. There was angst, scheming and romance. I liked characters. Rylee's strength made me love her throughout the story. It took me a while to warm up to Zayden but I ended up really liking him. The story was ...more
Pamela
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rylee is a senior in high school having to change schools and live with her mother's new husband and son named Oliver. Olive makes sure Rylee knows that he hates her. His best friend since grade school is Zayden. He and Rylee have an attraction but Zayden chooses to go along with Olive in bullying her. Rylee was strong, mature for her age and didn't put up with any BS from anyone. This was a really good teenage bully story. I wasn't sure how it would turn out when I picked it up but no worries ...more
Rebecca Whaley
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome! I love Alex Grayson's books and when I found out she was co-writing with Melissa Toppen, I was in heaven. I read it and it was everything I hoped it would be. Rylee and Zayne go together like oil and water at first but once they got together, it was like dynamite. I absolutely loved them. The story was intense with emotions and angst and I was so hooked on it. I hope these 2 write together again because they really hit it out of the park!
❤️Melanie G.
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this story.
Karen
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
High school bully step brother.
Trescina Bell
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read!

Loved this couple from the beginning. I couldn’t put it down. It had me from beginning to the end. Awesome read. Loved it.
Brutally  Book Reviews
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good read.
Dangerously in love with books
I liked the story it was entertaining, it’s a bully romance, it’s one of my favorite themes.

Rylee’s mother got remarried and the husband has a kid the same age as Rylee, Oliver, who hates her and her mom because he thinks that her mom is the cause of his parents divorce that’s why he starts to make life miserable for Rylee and he uses his friend Zayden to help him but Zayden starts to see that Rylee is not a bad person and he stops with the bullying but Oliver doesn’t until he commits the
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
I feel like Treacherous is a mix of so many other books I've read before. In the end I ended up enjoying the second half better, but overall it's not a great read. It didn't flow well at first and as a whole, it wasn't the book for me.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Wrecked
  • Violets are not Blue
  • Hating You (Blackthorn Elite #1)
  • Stolen Lies (Truths and Lies, #2)
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • Cruel King (Royal Elite, #0)
  • Catch Me (Spring Hill Blues, #2)
  • Thorn (Rosewood High #1)
  • Hate Crush
  • Enemies
  • When the Saint Falls (Westbrook Three, #1)
  • Beg for Mercy (Mercy Academy #1)
  • Break You (Boys of Trinity Hall, #1)
  • Thorn in the Dark (Grove High School, #2)
  • Bully Me (Willow Heights Prep Academy: The Elite Book 1)
  • The Harder You Fall (Rixon Raiders, #3)
Alex Grayson is the bestselling author of heart pounding, emotionally gripping contemporary romance including the Jaded Series, the Consumed Series, and two standalone novels. Her passion for books was reignited by a gift from her sister-in-law. After spending several years as a devoted reader and blogger, Alex decided to write and independently publish her first novel in 2014 (an endeavor that ...more