Start by marking “Treacherous” as Want to Read:
Treacherous

Treacherous

Senior year was not going how I planned.
It was supposed to be an amazing year- the perfect year.
And it started out that way… until my mom remarried and I found myself in a new town, at a new school, and living with quite possibly the most conniving person I had ever met.
But my horrible stepbrother wasn’t even the worst part.
It was his best friend.

Zayden Michaels.
Published December 10th 2019 by Twisted Fiction Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Treacherous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Treacherous

Start your review of Treacherous
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
24993460-SX540
treacherous

'TREACHEROUS:' Is a full length, standalone romance novel co-written by Alex Greyson and Melissa Toppen. Our Hero and Heroine are Zayden & Rylee. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.'

With only a few months left in her senior year in highschool Rylee's having to transfer to a whole new school, move in with her mothers new husband and son Oliver, leaving all her friends behind. Add in the fact that her stepbrother hates her with a vengeance is putting it mildly where he makes no qualms about
Manoela
4 Stars

I was positively surprised by this book. When I got him to read, I was afraid that these are teenage characters and it is a theme that although very present is also a cliche theme. But then I started the story and found myself captivated by this story from the first pages.

I think the character in the book for me was Rylee without a doubt. She was very mature for her age, strong and courageous and despite all the bully who suffered here never let her fear speak louder.Zayden is a
Kari Davis
I loved this! I recently discovered Alex Grayson this year and devoured her Hell Night Series in the matter of three days. So when I saw this I immediately requested without even having read the blurb. Melissa Toppen is a new author to me, so that was an added bonus.

Treacherous is a stand-alone enemies to lovers read, told from dual POV’s. I love dual POV’s because I love knowing the inner thoughts of each character. We are introduced to Rylee and Zayden, who have undeniable attraction to one
Renee
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Senior year was not going how I planned. It was supposed to be an amazing year-the perfect year. And it started out that way...until my mom remarried and I found myself in a new town, at a new school, and living with quite possibly the most conniving person I had ever met. But my horrible stepbrother wasn't even the worst part. It was his best friend. Zayden Michaels. Gorgeous, Unpredictable.
Konny
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Treacherous by Alex Grayson and Melissa Toppen is a na stand alone, entertaing read that had me from chapter one. I started rewading and what can I say, I couldn't put it down. I reda the whole book, cover to cover, in one sitting.
Rylee is a senior in highscholl. She just transferred and now attends with her stepbrother, Oliver. To call his emotions toward dislike is putting it mildly.
And then there's Hayden, Oliver's best friend. They're close like brothers, but Zayden is drawn to Rylee, who's
Anne Milne
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a story that surprised me, I wasn't sure what to expect before starting but I really enjoyed it. An enemies to lovers story with real depth and that dealt with very real issues with such honesty. My favourite character was Rylee she was so strong. It took me awhile to warm up to Zayden but he slowly grew on me and won we over totally. With characters you'll love and ones you won't. This was a good read that kept me invested from the start.
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-from-author, 2019
I really enjoyed this book once i started I couldn't put it down.

It is a great enemies to lovers story. it is a really good storyline deals with a touch subject bullying.
I think i felt every emotion while reading I liked and hated characters. it will have you on the edge of your seat it is a MUST read definitely one of my top reads this year.
Deborah
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book! All the feels. I absolutely loved it! All the drama without the angst and a fantastic ending.
Patricia
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy God! Alex and Melissa again managed to control my whole day with her written words! This book was everything I had hoped and more. My brain is going a mile a minute right now! I just finished this amazing book, and I must say that Alex and Melissa has taken her writing talent to a whole new level!

This book was a very surprising journey! A great, sweet, dramatic read that evoked all the right feelings.I had tears in my eyes as I was reading this story.

Rylee and Zayden story is difficult to
JoAnna G
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Superb 4.5 Book.

Oh good lord, where do I start with this book? Oh, I know, I loved this book. I don’t normally read high school books, but Melissa Toppen is a one-click author for me. I see a book by her and I have to read it. I simply need it in my hands. This is co-written with Alex Grayson and they did a superb job on this book. I believe I need to read more of Alex Grayson’s books. I have read one and when I saw the name here as well I needed to read it. It will be in my top 10 for
This is a standalone romance novel written by Alex Greyson and Melissa Toppen. It is written in a dual point of view. It is an enemies-to-lovers, bully, high school, stepbrother's best friend romance. There is a healthy dose of angst in this book. It pulls you in immediately and takes you on an emotional journey through hurt, bullying, heartbreak, humor and new love.

Rylee's mother remarried. This means Rylee has to transfer schools and leave behind her friends in her senior year. Now she also
Joelle
I not sure what to say about this one another than if there had been a whole lot of communication with the children of the parties involved this whole situation with a love and hate situation could have been avoidable to some extent if not completely.

I have to say the story itself made you uneasy due to the content but, the Rylee being on the receiving end was not some milk stop and although what happen to her was bothering her and effecting her emotional the bullies in turn would not be
thehotmesslibrary
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Treacherous by Melissa Toppen and Alex Grayson is a wonderful bully/lovers romance which keeps you turning the pages until the very end, just so you can find out what has happened. The story centres around Rylee and Zayden. Rylee has just had to start a new school due to her mother remarrying. It is meant to be the best year of her life, but throw in her new (evil) step-brother Oliver and his best friend, Zayden and that doesn’t look like it’s going to be possible. From the get-go, Oliver is ...more
Joyffree
Dec 09, 2019 added it
Shelves: arc-tbr
So much to say
Treacherous tapped into all my emotions
From the angst of humiliation too that weightless feeling that comes from first love

This started out pretty much as the norm for a bully romance.
Parent remarries. Two households combine. New school. New friends. New step-sibling.
And then the story took flight from the pack.
Nothing was the norm.
The characters clicked.
The drama resonated.
I was a goner.

Rylee. She was a sight to behold. She wasn't self-absorbed or over the top and she stood
Michelle Austin
description

Treacherous was a great 5 star read.
This is a high school bully romance with a twist and I loved it.

Rylee’s mom was just recently married and now they are moving in with her new husband and step son. Rylee has a few short months left of her senior year. Should be easy right? Wrong. Her step brother Oliver is determined to make her life miserable. He pretty much runs the show at school along with his friend Zayden.

When Z and Rylee first see each other
Michelle Austin
description

Treacherous was a great 5 star read.
This is a high school bully romance with a twist and I loved it.

When Z and Rylee first see each other
Roxs Reads
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really love going into a book blind which is what I did with Treacherous. Melissa Toppen and Alex Grayson are both top authors for me to one-click, so I had no hesitation in choosing to read this co-written book. I’m not always a fan of Young Adult books with immature teenage characters but I was pleased with this story.

The main characters are older teens who have all experienced some harsh realities of life that have hardened them and exposed their bitter, selfish, and entitled sides. They
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
This bully young adult book had he completely hooked. I loved the fact that it didn't take long for Zayden and Rylee to acknowledge their feelings for each other. At first yeah, Zayden was a bully towards her but that was because her stepbrother was a real a$$ and blamed her and her mother for breaking up his parent's marriage. But people shouldn't cast stones right! How would it have been Rylee's fault that their parents married and now they have to co-habitat with each other!!

Oliver was trying
Ashley Estep
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alex Grayson is a one-click author for me, I see her name and I get the book! Don't even have to know what the book is about. And let me tell you Treacherous does not disappoint! I absolutely loved everything about this book! I didn't stop reading once I started, from start to finish I was hooked.

Zayden and Rylee are enemies before they even know each other. Rylee's new step brother Oliver hates her, which automatically makes Zayden hate her. Zayden is drawn to Rylee from the moment she opens
Emlovesreading
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ok so a first time read from these authors and I have to say I really enjoyed it.
Rylee is new in town moving in with her mom, new stepdad and stepbrother Oliver.
Oliver decides pretty much from the beginning that he hates Rylee.
So along with his friend Zayden they decide to make her life hell.
However Rylee and Zayden experience pretty much insta love from the first time they see each other leaving Zayden conflicted.
Ok so I feel like I may have loved this story a bit more if I hadn’t read LA
Savanna  Freeman
Red hots

Oliver and his Red hot candy, Rylee being a Swifty and her best friend sharing my name I knew I was going to enjoy this story. Alex Grayson never lets me down. I've read every one of her published books so I knew this was a one click purchase on release day.

It wasn't the same tone I'm used to for A.G. although it was fast paced, the younger age bracket isn't one I particularly enjoy reading. Yes the characters are in high school and the drama is high, but the story was lengthy and
Shawn
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story and couldn’t quit reading. It grabbed me from the beginning and kept me enthralled to very end.
The story begins with Rylee, who has moved to a new town and starting a new school her senior year. Her mother has remarried and now Rylee has a step-brother, Oliver, who is not happy about his Fathers new wife.
Rylee’s the new girl at school and Oliver is making her life a living hell even at home.
One day she meets Oliver’s friend “Z” (Zayden), which leaves her speechless
Tania's Book Blog
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I knew these two authors individually do an awesome job and together they were explosive!!! Zayden and Rylee has me consumed from beginning to end and I wanted more!!!! Rylee was not happy with starting a new school in the middle of her senior year after her mom remarried. She didn’t expect her new stepbrother Oliver to be so terrible but also wasn’t expecting his hot as son best friend either. When Zayden first saw Rylee he was speechless but then he automatically hated her because of his best ...more
Sara Gross
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am going to start with saying I don't typically read about high school kids. The age is just a bit too young for me. BUT, I love Melissa Toppen and I am a fan of Alex Grayson, so I had to give this one a shot, and boy and I glad that I did. This was the story of Zayden and Rylee. Rylee's mom remarried and her new husband has a son, Oliver. Oliver's best friend is Zayden. It starts out with Zayden and Oliver giving Rylee a hard time during her first days at her new school, teasing, bullying, ...more
Gladys
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought that this was a terrific read. Bully romances are usually hit or miss with me but this one was a home run for me. Reasons I loved this book: 1. This is such an emotionally fueled read. Angst, anger, heartache, frustration, friendship, longing, desire and love are all woven throughout the well written story and they really help to not only pull you into the story but quickly have you invested in these characters. 2. The story itself. I loved that this book wasn't just an excuse to act ...more
Gin
Dec 09, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a little different from other bully romances I’ve read. Not sure I’m the target audience for this one. I liked the writing for the most part and the characters are fairly fleshed out with lots of drama, emotion and angst. Stepbrother Oliver starts out horrible as Rylee moves in when their parents marry and starts going to his school. It takes most of the book to finally find out why he hates her. He does some nasty things to her but damn that’s what locks are for girl. Rylee’s pretty ...more
Shannon
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**4.5 Stars**

I went into this book completely blind, but love all the books I have read by Alex Grayson and this turned out to be no exception. I was completely sucked in from the start.

Rylee finds herself living with her new stepbrother, Oliver, after her mother remarries, and he turns into her biggest nightmare, especially when it comes to school and hindering any hope that she might be able to make friends and have a fun senior year.

Zayden is Oliver's best friend and hence also an enemy of
Christina Concus (Moonlight Novels)
I could not put this book down once I started. Alex and Melissa's writing individual is amazing but together they have taken it to a whole new level.

Rylee is a senior in high school, who's whole life was uprooted because her mother go remarried. Rylee is sarcastic, hilarious, sassy and sweet. The only problem is now her life is a living h*** because of her stepbrother. I will say that Rylee has a backbone of steel with how well she put up with all the s**t that she went through.

Zayden is also a
Up All Night With Books
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Review by Lisa
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

WOW, what a surprising story!! Treacherous by Alex Grayson and Melissa Toppe was nothing like I expected and everything that I absolutelyenjoyed. This section from the synopsis comes close but doesn't fully do this book justice:

But in a world of rumors, games, and deceit, you never really know who you can trust.
Sometimes the best deceptions are the ones you never see coming.

Rylee is enjoying and living up her Senior year of high
Becky Wise
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Treacherous so much. Alex Grayson and Melissa Toppen make an amazing writing team when it comes to Zayden and Rylee. This is a bully romance that you don't want to miss. I love the strength in Rylee through every thing her step brother Oliver puts her through. The fact that she doesn't react and run like Oliver wants her to makes her one tough cookie. I love the changes in Zayden throughout Treacherous. You want to hate him so much in the beginning because he is Oliver's best friend and ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • Violets are not Blue
  • Hate Crush
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Cruel King (Royal Elite, #0)
  • Ransom (Soulless Bastards MC Daytona Chapter, #3)
  • Confess
  • Enemies
  • Undone
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume Two (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #2)
  • Hating You (Blackthorn Elite #1)
  • Landon & Shay: Part Two (L&S Duet, #2)
  • Back to You this Christmas
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume One (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #1)
  • Stolen Lies (Truths and Lies, #2)
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Heartless Hero
  • Cherishing His Forever (Forever #3)
Alex Grayson is the bestselling author of heart pounding, emotionally gripping contemporary romance including the Jaded Series, the Consumed Series, and two standalone novels. Her passion for books was reignited by a gift from her sister-in-law. After spending several years as a devoted reader and blogger, Alex decided to write and independently publish her first novel in 2014 (an endeavor that ...more