Start by marking “Star Fire (Stars End, #1)” as Want to Read:
Star Fire (Stars End, #1)

Star Fire

(Stars End #1)

The ship comes from nowhere...

A Commune fleet launches a surprise assault against an Alliance space station near the edge of the galaxy. Caught off-guard by the attack, a veteran pilot organizes a last-ditch effort to save the station, until he’s interrupted by an unexpected new threat.

Unidentified....

It appears through a storm of fire, its shields impenetrable, its
Published October 15th 2019 by Quirky Algorithms

To ask other readers questions about Star Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Fire

Start your review of Star Fire (Stars End, #1)
Larry B Gray
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Adventure

Non stop action will keep you glued to the book. Great storyline and characters make for a awesome read. I really liked this book.
Ben
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
No meat to the plot... like reading half a story and then wanting you to buy the next one to get any type of satisfaction.
John McDougal
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Starts slow. Picks up at the end.
Tiuri
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Amazing start of a new series with some familiar and some new concepts. The author always manages to create some bigger-than-life characters that are still realistic and likeable and this book is no exception. Lots of action and both ground and space battles. Unexpected heroes and a few sad losses. I can't wait for the sequel!
Dawn Ross
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Star Fire by M.R. Forbes is a non-stop action-packed adventure. From a space battle to planetside combat, one pilot stands against a formidable alien foe. The escapade begins in chapter 2 and continues all the way to the end. You’ll fly through the chapters and crash land into this epic story.

Alliance Navy Commander Grayson Stone thought his assignment at a faraway space station orbiting a boring mining planet was the safest way to serve before he retired. He was wrong.

He and his mesh-partner
Noodle The Naughty Night Owl
9/10: Fantastic, left me wanting more.

It hurts to be so damn wrong.

I was a bit slow to start this one. Part of that was because I wanted more of the series to be out so I could binge read. But some of it was because I just didn't think I was in the right frame of mind after not being able to complete Damnation.

I shouldn't have worried at all.

This was good. So good. From the very first page, it grabbed my attention and would not let go. Old school Forbes. The best storyteller in this genre and he
Patiscynical
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
A lot of adventure for 99 cents

I'd never read anything by this author before, and when I saw that the book price was so low I didn't expect much. But I was pleasantly surprised, as this is a very interesting story.
The Alliance versus the Commune. A war they've been fighting for years, mortal enemies. And then a seemingly unstoppable alien force enters the picture and everything changes.
Results: an enjoyable book, with interesting characters, and futuristic tech. Of course, there is a
Louise
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full of fire

A new book from one of my favourite authors; M. R. Forbes once again takes us to planets we believe in, characters to root for and a plot full of excitement.
Gray, a supposed washed up skirmisher pilot, finds himself in the thick of it. Having to draw on legends told about him to save people relying on him; driven by love, loss and an inibility to lose, he teams up with an unlikely companion to try and overcome unlikely alien odds.
This first book in the series is an exciting opener,
Daniel Wilcox
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Futuristic, suspenseful first half, weaker, typical warrior-type fighting, second half

Because the amazing first 100 pages hurls the reader into a futuristic, scifi-tec, with convincing characters. And the novel has unexpected turns with nail-biting suspense, believable aliens, and good heroic themes.
Justin Redman
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Forbes has another winner

This is a great space opera. The characters and their interaction is so well done as usual for Forbes. The action between deadly enemies and almost friendship makes for a great storyline. Just need the next book
ASAP seriously this is a page turner
Greg Inman
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Star Fire

Grayson Stone is having a rough time and is in the battle of a lifetime and had to befriend a enemy and together they try to save the humans on the planet ! Very exciting read.
john s moore
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Give it a go

Give it ago, it's another new author for me and I am glad to say I enjoyed the read. It is a good and bad sides with a little twist you could enjoy. Like I said give it ago
Thomas James
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't Put it Down

(Star Wars + Star Trek + Wagon Train +Red Baron) x π
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- = Star Fire
{4 x } 8%
Lora Boe
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another thrilling series begins

A real page turner. Fast paced with lots of action and mystery. Can't wait for the next book, partly because I have trouble finding authors near as good.
Tony Melvin
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant, fun, full of action and surprises. Already started on book 2
Chuck Wigginton
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Solid entertaining scifi

Interesting setup and characters, good dialogue. Very promising. Immediately looking for next in series. I look forward to more from this author!
Goodreads Fuller
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read

Nice story line. Characters are well developed. The story leaves you at a bit of a cliff hanger ready for the next book.
Shawn
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So good!!

Great read! Excellent beging to what i hope (and will be) is an amazing series! Keep up the great work!
John Wood
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story

Good story, lots of action. Keeps you wanting to read all the way to the end. But not great. But still looking forward to the next book.
Phil Edmondson
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enough..

Of a hook for me to try book two. I need to learn more about Odin Longknife and what secrets he holds. Rozik as well. Then there's the alien menace. Off I go to find out.
Helen Bassett
Dec 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Poor emfing

The story would have five stars but the last chapter ruined it. I !know authors in many books I have read kill off characters that I am fond. But this was worse.
Mr Norman Craven
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read

Just read star fire another great read from a superlative author I can’t wait to read the follow up book.
Vimesh K. Patel
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good book to pass the time

Liked the storyline and character development .
Disliked the shortness of the story
Recommended to folks looking for some light reading
ben anderson
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great start

Brilliant read a good start for an interesting new series. Can not wait for the next book in the series to arrive.
Steve
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good space opera in general, but not outstanding so really more like a 3.5. Worth a try if you like mil-ish sci-fi, but I really don't have much else to say about it.
Sam G.C.
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
New modern pulp scifi action is so cool

I really like this guy. Writes faster than I can read, and writes stories to be readed for the joy and the fun of the ride. Needs to work a little more in his femenine characters and inclusion, meaning more girls participating in the main plot till the end.
Don
Feb 16, 2020
Lars Michler
Dec 05, 2019
Mark Goletto
Nov 10, 2019
Rick Ell
Nov 12, 2019

• Fatal Fringe (Ether War, #1)
  • Ashes of the Past (Ether War #2)
  • Forsaken (Ether War #3)
  • Mother Ship: An Alien Invasion Book
  • The Contingency (The Contingency War, #1)
  • Empire's Ashes (Blood on the Stars #15)
  • The Dark Between (The Messenger #2)
  • Battle Royal (Liberation War #10)
  • Confrontation (Baldwin's Legacy Book 1)
  • Attack Plan Alpha (Blood on the Stars Book 16)
  • Starship Sakira (Delphi in Space #1)
  • Junkyard Pirate
  • Spacers
  • Lost Mission (Oblivion Book 1)
  • Spacers: Free Space
  • Ruins of the Galaxy (Ruins of the Galaxy #1)
  • Delphi City (Delphi in Space #2)
  • The Messenger: A Military Scifi Epic
M.R. Forbes lives in the pacific northwest with his wife, a cat who thinks she's a dog, and a dog who thinks she's a cat. He eats way too many cookies and donuts.

Stars End (4 books)
  • Star Kill (Stars End, #2)
  • Star Rage (Stars End #3)
  • Star Fall (Stars End Book 4)