Start by marking “Murder by Plum Pudding (Ginger Gold Mysteries #12)” as Want to Read:
Murder by Plum Pudding (Ginger Gold Mysteries #12)

Murder by Plum Pudding

(Ginger Gold Mysteries #11)

Now a USA Today Bestseller!

There's nothing more fun than a festive holiday dinner party and Ginger Reed, the former Lady Gold, has Hartigan House decorated and the gramophone playing. Dressed in her finest Parisian low-waisted gown, feather-topped tiara, and T-strapped Italian leather shoes, Ginger is ready to host the delectable event.

It's a jolly good time, until
Published October 2019

To ask other readers questions about Murder by Plum Pudding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder by Plum Pudding

Start your review of Murder by Plum Pudding (Ginger Gold Mysteries #12)
JoAn
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Murder by Plum Pudding by Lee Strauss is set during the Christmas holidays. Ginger and Basil have a house full of guests, family and family friends, at Christmas. It's a rather tense situation when at the end of the Christmas meal one of the guests dies. A quickly paced plot with secrets, lies, red herrings and several suspects for Basil and Ginger to investigate. I was hooked from the first page and quickly finished it in one afternoon. I really enjoy this series by Ms. Strauss and always look ...more
QNPoohBear
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ginger is excited to celebrate Christmas with her new family and show Scout the magic of the season. However, she's a bit wistful missing her stepmother and sister back in Boston. When Sally and Louisa show up, Ginger is excited to see them, until they announce they're staying with her! Ginger is planning a dinner party with an American business associate of her father and his wife, the Reed family and friends. Another guest is invited for dinner so the young ladies will have a single gentleman ...more
Leanne Pazik
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ridiculously fun!!!

Not sure why she puts up with rude relatives, but Ginger does it with grace and a flare for fashion. But of course, there is always a murder to solve!!! Love these silly books!
Regina De Los Reyes
First introduction to this author, a cute mystery time piece story. I did feel a little lost with some of the characters (for ex. Ginger is married to Basil and his family does not like her much, I want to know the history there) although not necessary to read this story as it could be a stand alone. Liked it enough to pick up the first book in the series
Jeanette
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short Christmas time mystery is just what I need this time of year. I've been far too busy to delve into a book but having a collection of short seasonal mysteries is great. I don't believe I have read others by this author, and I'm not really sure I would make the effort to find more, but it was a fun holiday romp
Doreen
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clever!

Novella of Christmas, 1925, at Hartigan House . Ginger's stepmother and half sister arrive, unannounced, from Boston, USA, to spend Christmas. Suspicious death occurs as they are eating plum pudding! Basil and Ginger investigate --- entertaining plot!
Gabrielle David
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The novella was a quick, enjoyable read. Some of the characters are wearing a bit thIn but I’ll be happy to see more of Boss, Scout, and Pippens.
Heather
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Murder by Plum Pudding is a lovely mind vacation. It’s short and simple with humor and fun scattered among the death. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys cozy mysteries.
Michelle
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Fun "golden age" mystery reminiscent of Agatha Christie.
Julie Fisher
This was one my holiday favorites. Such a twist! Keep it going Lee!
Patricia Abruzzio
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this offering as usual but it left me with questions about what happened with important characters.
Anne
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very satisfying short story. I really enjoyed it.
Elizabeth
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it! This is a must read series! I can’t wait for the next book!
Kristin
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun story, set around the holidays. Felt a little lost since this was part of the Six Merry Little Murders bundle and I didn't know it was 12th in the series, but it was still a fun read.
Jennifer Eccles
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Murder by Plum Pudding is a gorgeous Christmassy novella, filled with murder, intrigue, mystery, red herrings and huge dollops of Christmas spirit. Oh and a fabulous dose of 1920s era style.

As a fan of Ginger Gold series, I adored all the character development and the nods to the past in Ginger’s diary entries (such a beautiful Christmas Eve entry, very touching) - but this novella would also be hugely entertaining to a new reader. I defy anyone not to want to read the rest of the series
Ann Jovicic
Dec 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Nice easy read, that bought to the fore the elegance of Christmas past
Janice Drake
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed all the Ginger Gold mysteries. This one takes place in Ginger's home at her dinner party. The story moves along quickly and has a quirky bunch of suspects. It kept me reading till the murderer was caught! Strauss writes a lovely period mystery. I enjoy the details that she peppers her story with. It makes the story much more interesting.

I received this as an ARC and wished to leave a review.
Rosa Cline
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 star. 1920’s Christmas who done it has you guessing until the end
Merry Chapman
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Faced with expected and unexpected guests at Christmas Time, Murder by Plum Pudding is a Ginger Gold novella which is a part of the Christmas anthology Six Merry Little Murders. Although the Ginger Gold series is amazing as well as it's spin-off series Higgins and Hawke! (All of Lee Strauss' series are amazing.) In this novella, Ginger and Basil are having their first Christmas since they were married and Ginger has prepared well. But aside from her invited guests, her American step-mother and ...more
Darlene
Shelves: cozies, arcs
It's Christmas time, Hartigan House is packed with guests including a surprise visit of Ginger's step mom and sister from America. Ginger and her detective husband. Basil host a beautifully described dinner party- the clothes, the food, the decorations-everything places the reader in 1920s high society. During a desert of traditional Plum pudding one of the guests dies, it is determined later to be murder. Basil and Ginger once again set out looking for clues to determine who among them killed ...more
Susan Stokell
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Murder by Plum Pudding is a novella by Lee Strauss. It can be found in the Six Merry Little Murders Anthology.
This novella follows along the Ginger Gold timeline.It can easily be read as a stand alone story.
It takes place during Ginger's first Christmas as Basils wife. Ginger and Basil are hosting Basil's family and their friends as well as friends iof Ginger's deceased father. Other surprise guests arrive at the last moment.
One guest dies at the dinner table. It is up to Ginger and Basil to
Helen Drake
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! It includes all my favorite characters from the Ginger Gold Series and includes her stepmother and sister who we rarely see. The murder was clever as it was hard to figure out how a murder could be committed at the Christmas dinner table with everyone in plain sight. It was interesting to find out who did it and how it was done. Boss played a key role in providing a clue.
Kelly Young
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a perfect holiday read! I really enjoyed getting a glimpse of Christmas in the Reed household, complete with unexpected guests. The mystery is intriguing and keeps you guessing. As always, Strauss has crafted a well-written, fast-paced and enjoyable story.
Jennie Lindstrom
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great Ginger Gold mystery. When Ginger’s stepmother and sister show up unexpectedly for Christmas, you know that it will be an interesting holiday!
Kandy
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in the Lady Gold series. Set at Christmas time and once again Ginger helps to solve a murder. Love these characters and the wonderful descriptions of this era. A great series.
Sharon
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable cozy mystery. Not a full length novel, but a complete work with a good storyline and plot. Believable characters that were not silly or naive.
Carol
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great addition to this series. Loved it!
Sweenan
Jan 07, 2020
Lara
Jan 17, 2020
Mary Byrnes
Feb 09, 2020

• Hijinks & Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #18)
  • Love & Murder: A Violet Carlyle Historical Mystery
  • Murder and a Christmas Gift: A 1920s Historical Cozy Mystery (An Evie Parker Mystery Book 7)
  • A Jolly Little Murder (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #17)
  • Murder in the Third Act: A 1920s Historical Cozy Mystery (An Evie Parker Mystery Book 6)
  • Murder by Midnight (A Miss Alice Murder Mystery Book 1)
  • Murder in the Shadows (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #16)
  • Murder in the Evening (A Miss Alice Murder Mystery Book 2)
  • A Burglary In Belgravia (The Lady Eleanor Mysteries Book 2)
  • Murder at the Dolphin Hotel (A Miss Underhay Mystery #1)
  • Murder at the Masquerade Ball (Rose Simpson Mysteries #9)
  • Murder on All Hallows Eve (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries #15)
  • A Poisoning In Piccadilly (The Lady Eleanor Mysteries Book 1)
  • Christmas Madness (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries)
  • Death in the Mirror (Poison Ink Mysteries #6)
  • A Christmas Caper (Sugar Martin Vintage Cozy Mysteries Book 3)
  • A Merry Little Death (Poison Ink Mysteries #6.5)
  • Murder at the Seaside Hotel: A 1920's Historical Cozy Mystery (An Evie Parker Mystery Book 5)
For fans of Golden Age who-dun-its ~ from a USA TODAY Bestselling author!

You'll adore Lady Gold from the acclaimed Ginger Gold Mysteries series, and the spin of series, Higgins & Hawke.

Look for the connected 1950s era ROSA REED MYSTERIES!

Sign up for Lee's newsletter and get EXCLUSIVE access to Ginger Gold's Journal!

Ginger Gold Mysteries (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Murder on the SS Rosa
  • Murder at Hartigan House
  • Murder at Bray Manor (Ginger Gold Mysteries #3)
  • Murder at Feathers & Flair
  • Murder at the Mortuary
  • Murder at Kensington Gardens
  • Murder at St. George's Church (Ginger Gold Mysteries #7)
  • Murder Aboard the Flying Scotsman (Ginger Gold Mystery #8)
  • Murder at the Boat Club: a cozy 1920s murder mystery (A Ginger Gold Mystery)
  • Murder on Eaton Square (A Ginger Gold Mystery, #10)