Start by marking “Far Sector (Far Sector, #1 of 12)” as Want to Read:
Far Sector (Far Sector, #1 of 12)

Far Sector (Far Sector, #1 of 12)

N.K. Jemisin, the acclaimed, award-winning author of The Broken Earth and Inheritance science fiction trilogies, makes her comic book debut with bestselling Naomi artist Jamal Campbell as they thrust you into a stunning sci-fi murder mystery on the other side of the universe!
For the past six months, newly chosen Green Lantern Sojourner "Jo" Mullein has been protecting the
Paperback
Published November 13th 2019 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Far Sector, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Far Sector

Start your review of Far Sector (Far Sector, #1 of 12)
MeaganCM
Interesting start. Loved the art loved the intro to the world. This is going to be good!
_________________________________
Did I preorder this? Yes. Yes, I did.
James
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great 1st issue. Also, beautiful art. We get to see the world that we are dealing with, The City Enduring. We also get introduced to some of the characters. Plus a nice hook at the end that makes you definitely want to read the next issue. Looking forward to it.
Mark
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great start to a comic story. I jumped in because of NK Jemisin and was pleased.

Murder happens on a planet far away and a Green Lantern is sent to investigate.

The set up is intriguing enough to keep me in this series. . .a planet ruled by a Trilogy of races with a truce that might be fraying at the edges because of the murder.

As Green Lantern ruminates. . ."The people of the Trilogy, though. . .when they get mad? They don't play."

The main character and costume are beautiful. The planet has a
Bodhisattva Chattopadhyay
N K Jemisin's writes the new Green Lantern, Sojourner "Jo" Mullein. Fast paced and enjoyable storyline, but for someone like me interested in future cities in SF, it's the City Enduring that is endlessly fascinating and the main draw! Can't wait for the next issue!
Chris Thompson
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
A solid start. I think this will get better as we get to know the world, story, and characters more. It has a little bit of a learning curve on those fronts, and it might read better as a whole than in parts. Well-written with slick art.
Danny Zang
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
One of my favorite #1 issues in a long time. Not quite as much in the way of individual character motivations as I would have liked to see, but the worldbuilding around this new world was so well laid out. This hits all the marks for a great science fiction tale in the making and has the benefit of having Jamal Campbell's gorgeous artwork to bring it to life.
Sean Kottke
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Promising start; I hope the publication schedule follows a brisk pace and doesn't get bogged down in delays like "Doomsday Clock." Issue #1 is a straightforward set up for a murder mystery, with a healthy chunk of world-building. Jemisin is a master at creating coherent, complex worlds, so I feel in good hands. I probably could have waited until all the issues were out in trade, but I just wanted to engage right away.
Roman Colombo
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-animal-dc
There is soooooo much happening in this one issue, and it's easy to see that a novelist is writing. So much plot! All of the PLOT! But it's good. So yeah, one of my favorite writers is writing a Green lantern book for Young Animal. I'm very excited.
Paul
Dec 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Not quite my thing I think. Nk Jemisin is a great writer but not enough interest in the whole green Lantern set uo
Renee

• b. b. free #1
  • Nomen Omen #2
  • John Constantine: Hellblazer (2019-) #1
  • November Volume I
N. K. Jemisin lives and works in New York City.