Start by marking “Burn Up (Steel Veins # 2)” as Want to Read:
Burn Up (Steel Veins # 2)

Burn Up

(Steel Veins #2)

She didn't see what was coming.

I shouldn't have let down my guard.

For five long years, I echoed the words honor, loyalty, and brotherhood off my prison cell walls. It's all that's kept me going. Now on the outside, seeing my club all twisted up, all I want is my freedom, freedom from everything—including that brotherhood.

Pres wants one last ride out of me then all my
Published November 30th 2019 by Hot Tree Publishing (first published August 2nd 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Burn Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burn Up

Start your review of Burn Up (Steel Veins # 2)
Doris
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biker
Hot, gritty, intense and oh, so bad; that’s exactly what you get in this MC book. I was thrilled to finally have a MC book that wasn’t afraid to give it to me good and hard. Yeah, I know there are MC’s out there that are on the “nicer” side but not the Steel Veins. You get every bit of nasty, raunchy, murderous bikers which wouldn’t let me put the book down. This is for the hard core MC lovers out there who won’t wilt away from the extent of this book.

You better be ok with violence and all out
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All I have to say about this book is it was intense, like Holy s**t!! This story took you on an emotional ride that you just didn’t want to get off. there is humor, danger and romance in this action packed story that centers around Maya and Hendrix. once I got started I couldn’t put it down. I highly recommend this book!
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The very talented Jackson Kane knows how to keep my heart racing & f-bombs dropping with his Steel Veins series, and it's ONLY the second book! Burn Up is Hendrix's story, who has always been loyal to his MC, even in prison, but after he's released, it doesn't take him long at all to see that things have changed & not in a good way, so he's just done. He's asked to make one more run, and the loyal dude he is (though loyalty isn't quite what it was before he went down the river), he says ...more
Ähmsry
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It’s so intense and so good - fast speed, captivating and emotional with dark and light
Joelle
Wow ! Just Wow !
I don't know what to say about this book other than that this book was so frig- gin awesome from beginning to end.The story started off right with a bang and continued to be an intense read from there on out out to the very end and I have to say that I was literally on the seat of my pants the entire time and shed a few tears along the way.

I absolutely loved this stories characters and we fell head over heels for Hendrix right from the very beginning but, Maya we loved just as
Shelly Reynolds
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mc-romance
"I didn't know if Maya was just a welcome distraction from the pain, or if she was the staples and duct tape that my heart needed in order to mend."

Maya Merrit has one goal - to get her younger sister away from the monster they call their father. But, in order to do that, she needs whatever her late mother put in that safe deposit box - and the only person that can help her get to it is her uncle, Robbie. Now, she finds herself embroiled in the violence and debauchary of his MC, the Coffin
Michelle Austin
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description

Burn Up was a great 5 star read.

Maya is desperate to get her sister away from her MC father. When she gets a letter from a bank about a safety deposit box she reaches out to her uncle for help.

Hendrix just got out of prison after 5 years, he wants out of the MC but isn’t sure just how he’s going to do that. He ends up making a deal with the MC president to do one last run to California.

Maya shows up at the clubhouse to talk to her uncle and ends up
Viper Spaulding
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Get ready for a dark, wild ride with Hendrix and Maya!

This book starts off with a deliciously dark prologue that has one of the most debauched scenes I've ever read. I wasn't sure how Hendrix would be able to come across as a man I could root for after all that, but the author did a fantastic job of showing us his transformation both in and out of prison.

It doesn't take long for us to realize the connection that brings Hendrix and Maya into each other's lives, and by that time we know just how
Kelly DeMarco
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A thrill ride of non-stop action, suspense and a hot romance

Burn Out by Jackson Kane, a well written MC book, is full of heart with strong characters. Maya, a well-rounded, educated woman raised by an MC father is thrown into the life she’s been trying to escape. Hendrix, disillusioned by his MC upon release from prison only wants out of the MC life. All of the characters are well developed, and I adore Hendrix. Reading about his evolving attitude as he becomes enamored of Maya is sweet and yet
Donna
Wanting Freedom

Hendrix Cedro/Junkyard, founding member of the Coffin Eaters MC gang, spent too many years in prison after being set up by his Club's new Prez. Tex. The more that Hendrix is around Tex and the new membership, he realizes this is not the life for him anymore. The first day of his freedom, Hendrix was told he had no choice but to go on this run with the club to deliver a van loaded with cocaine to another MC club. Tex "promises" Hendrix that after this run, he will get paid well and
Doris
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hot, Gritty, Intense and Oh, So Bad

That’s exactly what you get in this MC book. Hendrix is just released from prison doing a five year stint and doing the club’s business while in but it was his club, The Coffins Eaters MC, that turned their back on Hendrix and left him to take the beating his club had set him up for. Once out he found things had really changed within the club and he didn’t like the direction they were going plus he was ready to get out and start a “normal” life.

Maya Merritt is
Sharlie
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jackson Kane knows how to write the dark, raw, and gritty life of an MC which takes you on a roller coaster ride of reading. Maya needs to protect her sister Anna from their abusive father Slick of the Steel Veins MC. Hendrix, a member of the rival Coffin Eaters MC, is released from a 5 year prison sentence that should have been 18 months. He was set up to take a fall by his MC. Maya and Hendrix cross paths and go on a hard violent action packed ride to uncover a secret left by Maya's mother. ...more
Julia Gerard
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First off.. I'm SOOO glad everyone wasn't HOT! Though I am glad for Maya that Junkyard had well, junk! This was an AMAZING Mc story! It was dirty, raw, dangerous and breathtaking! We spend half the time trying to figure out who to trust, then reinventing the plan! In the end the good guys win, as in Maya and Hendrick!
Lila McClean
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She couldn't stop loving the biker!

I love MC romances and I thought this was just another but once I started reading I couldn't stop. I loved the cold, stark, raw grittiness of the characters in this book. The hero wasn't all goodness and light, he was hard , raw and lethal when necessary. The heroine was sassy, smart and tough. Together the two of them fought their way through hell to get to their own version of heaven. They fought their demons, both real and emotional and overcame tremendous
Shelly Celli
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
This adventure is one that will definitely keep you on your toes. Never knowing who to trust, when the next battle will take place, and who will be the next victim. The chemistry between these two is hot, but their fight to stay alive is astounding. I’m voluntarily reviewing an advanced reader copy of this book.
Elaine
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jackson Kane always amazes me with his writing, this book has a dark essence that wraps around you and squeezes you tightly while you read. The emotions from the very beginning of the book to the very end is astonishing I didn't want to put it down. I was so angry that a father could be so cruel to his own daughter!!!
I highly recoomend the series of the Steel Vein MC!!
Pat
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jackson Kane knows how to write an MC book that packs a punch and this is exactly what this author does with each and every book that he writes! The plot was well written and flowed smoothly from page to page! The characters were so strongly written that as I turned each page I felt like Hendrix and Maya jumped from the page and pulled me right in as their story evolved!
Laila Viking
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A well written story with nice storyline and plot. Well described characters. It is written in dual POV, which gives the reader a lot more of the thoughts and feelings of the characters and brings the story closer to the reader.
The mix of drama, danger, love and unexpected twists makes it an engaging and enjoyable read.
A story about going a step further and doing what you have to do to get your HEA. And that in spite of what might happen and what is thrown down at you.
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Hendrix and Maya both had something to prove but also wanted something more out of life. Maya wanted nothing to do with MC life and yet here was Hendrix fresh out of prison and when he saw what was going down with his MC, he wanted out but the president held him to one more job. These two likely characters were destined to be together but will they be able to over come the odds and fight for the life they deserve?
Jill
HOT

This book to put it simply is HOT. It grabs your heart from the beginning and will l not let go. Hendrix is a member of one of the coolest MC clubs around but then he is thrown in jail and when he's finally released everything he held near has changed. New leadership, New rules and running of things that could send him back to jail. Maya who grew up in that lifestyle wants a new life for her and especially her younger sister. She brings a breath of fresh air to Hendrix. He has a future but
Emma Brown
Hot

This book has characters you can truly believe and fall in love with. Hendrix has just gotten out of prison and is struggling as he realizes everything about his mc club has changed. Maya is doing all she can to get her sister away from their abusive father and his mc.
I fell in love with Maya and Hendrix from the first page. I got wrapped up and taken along for the ride, and what a ride it is. I highly recommend this book.
Book-Lovin-Momma
Burn Out was a fantastic, pulse-pounding book! Hendrix (love the name) and Maya's MCs were up for an all out war, and these two were caught up smack dab in the middle of it! Loved this MC romance!
Suzette
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heck yeah! Jackson Kane strikes again. Hendrix is hell on wheels. He takes the shy and introverted Maya and turns her into a furious biker babe. There is so much bursting out of me share but I don’t want to spoil any ones fun. All I can say is go buy the book and read it right way. Keep your eyes peeled for Benny and Agatha, an elderly couple, who are just flipping hilarious.
Donna
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Junkyard is everything you’ve heard a biker is, rough, tough, crude, violent and all alpha male.

Maya was born into the wrong family and now she’s just trying to save her little sister from what she went through.

I have to say, I wasn’t sure I would get through this book while I was reading the prologue, but I am SOOO glad I stuck with it. Jackson Kane is one talented author, his descriptive makes me feel like I’m right there with these people, experiencing what they are! This book is gritty and
Space Cowgirl
When Men Were Men!

Road Trip!
Motorcycle Gang Mayhem across Western America!

I liked the book, it's a violent book, filled with vicious, crazed, drunk and drug addled MC gang members from several different gangs.
Various members and gangs struggle for dominance and leadership, killing and backstabbing all along the highways as they head to the West coast from Topeka, Kansas.

The Hero, Hendrix, known as Junk, has just got out of a five year prison stint and finds he was supposed to be killed in
Tasha Talks Books Blog
Another freaking amazing Steel Veins MC book! Wow! This book had me on the edge completely. I feel in love with the main characters and they were addicting to read about. The heat that came from the pages was unbelievable. I love how Jackson Kane's heroines in this series are so badass and strong! Hats off because this is another fantastic read!
Monique
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dear readers, BURN OUT is not pretty, and it is absolutely amazing! I discovered Jackson Kane by accident. I don’t particularly care for MC romances, I have read part of two series, and I don’t go looking for that type of story. However, I was intrigued: I had never read a romance novel by a male author, so I read an excerpt and I was so impressed with the author’s writing style, that I took a chance. And wow, wow, wow! BURN OUT is about the real thing: those bikers are not your garden party ...more
Johanna Sawyer
I won an ARC of Burn out, so thanks to the contest that allowed me a first peak.

Hendrix just walked out of prison and plans to leave the Coffin Eater MC. As soon as he gets back though he realizes a lot has changed since he has been in prison and instead he gets pulled into a ride that risks his parole. Maya is also on the ride, trying to get to California to receive documents from a bank deposit box that will hopefully give her and her sister freedom from there father. Together these two
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Jesus, there is nothing Mr. Jackson Kane can not do. Burn Out, the latest release from Mr Kane's truly amazing mind, will addict you from the very beginning as it did me. "Junkyard" will blow you away with his kind heart, beautiful soul and the woman who tames him. I was floored reading the latest installment to the Steel Veins MC. Mr Kane can spin a tale that will suck you right in easily. This man is unbelievably talented and one of my favorites. I never like to give away story lines, so ...more
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review by: Jennifer
(4 stars)

After serving five years in prison, Hendrix is looking forward to getting back to the clubhouse and his brothers. But what he gets instead is the fact that his beloved MC is now in the wrong hands, and Hendrix doesn't want anything else to do with it. In order to get out, he has to fulfill one more mission for the club, one more task and then he can walk away. But Hendrix knows that even though this is one task, the odds of him going back to the prison he just walked
« previous 1 3 next »

• Primal Need (Primal Howlers MC Book 2)
  • Ransom (Soulless Bastards MC Daytona Chapter, #3)
  • Road to Desire (Dogs of Fire Book 1)
  • Confess
  • Raine (Sin's Bastards MC: Next Generation, #1)
  • Tic (Soulless Bastards MC No Cal Chapter, #3)
  • Back to You this Christmas
  • Ryder’s Edge: Lords of the Plains book 1
  • Bleed For Her (Steele Raiders MC)
  • Mayhem (Soulless Bastards No Cal Chapter, #2)
  • Little Jack (Hell's Handlers MC Book 6)
  • Lucifer's Woman (Whiskey Bend MC, #1)
  • Break the Rules (Loveless Brothers #3)
  • Everything's Better with Lisa (Everything’s Better #3)
  • Gambler (Sin's Bastards MC: Next Generation, #3)
  • Silk & Bones (Sin's Bastards MC #1)
  • Shadow (Satan's Fury MC: Memphis, #2)
  • Silenced By Sin (Heaven's Guardians MC, #2)
Jackson Kane is a professional stuntman, athlete, romance author, and above all else, a hopeless romantic. From American Ninja Warrior, to some of your favorite films, Jackson brings a unique writing style forged from countless harrowing adventures.

He’s a lover of travel, his fans, his romance author peers, dulce de leche, and all things beautifully weird and interesting. He invites you to relax,

Steel Veins (3 books)
  • Blow Out (Steel Veins, #1)
  • Raw Deal (Steel Veins #3)