Start by marking “The Hunt” as Want to Read:
The Hunt

The Hunt

Willow Myers loves Halloween. So when some college classmates invite her to a party, her best friend encourages her to go and have some “fun”. Not a one-night-stand kind of girl, she doesn’t think it likely. Until she sees sexy in a loincloth. He’s tall, big and half-naked. Just what her dry spell ordered.

Dax Birch hates The Hunt. The shifter event to find mates took his
Published October 9th 2019 by Latin Goddess Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Hunt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hunt

Start your review of The Hunt
Daria

I do love Halloween stories I do love Milly Taiden's stories. The Hunt her latest release. Milly is an amazingly talented author and one of my go to's.

A not so over the hill lady who has spent a good portion of her young adult life taking care of her mother. Now she's 'learning' to do things for her with a little help from friends.

The Prince of the Pack will need to step up to the plate because of his ailing Father and like most shifters, well mother of shifters
Kristen Lindtvedt
Oct 13, 2019 rated it liked it
A Charming Premise that Sadly Falls Flat...

I normally love anything written by Milly Taiden. She is my go-to author for quick and growly alpha reads inbetween the longer darker stuff I frequent. She almost never disappoints, as even on her worst literary day she creates books that are quirky, sexy, and flirtatiously entertaining. Her shifters are some of the most protective, self-assured, and strong willed hotties around. Which is why I was surprised at how tame, almost boring, this latest rel
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Hunt by Milly Taiden
Willow is a human that is working towards her teaching degree while working in a bakery.
While in shop a kid hands her a party invitation for a Halloween party at the local pack house but willow didn’t have any clue of shifters.
Dax is the future pack leader and Ella his sister talks him into dressing as Tarzan.
Willow dressed as Morticia goes to party and gets lost in a garden maze which Dax finds her in.
This book get very interesting especially with the use of chemica
D²
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Ruth Hambley
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excellent

I absolutely loved reading this one and I hope there will be in after. A well written shifter romance with some hot hot hot scenes.
Sandra Aaron
Oct 14, 2019 rated it liked it
This is an OK shifter romance, with a likable couple, but it seemed that the couple was more in lust than in love. They just hadn't known each other long enough to be in love. Yes, I know, shifters love their mates immediately, but she wasn't a shifter.

I also thought that the h accepted the shifter stuff a little too easily, especially since Dax didn't explain what it meant before he mated her. There was some confusion over his relationship with his ex, too. She left him because she
L M
Oct 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Didn’t hate it but probably won’t read it again.
A very short simplistic read with silly other woman drama and also kidnapping drama.
Thought what happened with Melanie the other woman very strange and not really needed. The kidnapping by the nutty wolf was enough.
Not really explained as to why Melanie behaved as she did, apart from being crazy. She was the one who wanted to find her mate first.
What was the reason Dax’s dad didn’t deal with crazy Eddie? It is not explained
BAK
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Left a lot to be desired

Willow and Dax
This one left a lot to be desired. A lot of the book drama made you wonder where the rest of the pack was? Willow was nice one minute and then a b**ch the next. Especially in the maze.
And did she or did she not want to be a teacher? One minute she did and then when he asked she was kinda like ehh whatever.
The intimate scenes were kinda bland in this one. Left a lot to be desired. And frankly, Willow just came off kind of stupid. Like she acted like
Nikki Brooks
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Poor Willow. She has had a rough start to life. She gave up her education to care for her sick mother but she never thought of that as a hardship, that's just what you do for family. Her lovelife needs more than a CPR, it pretty much needs life saving surgery! So when she receives an invitation to a Halloween party her best friend pretty much forces her to go. But she is about to get another education she never thought she would need - one in the supernatural!

Dax may be the alpha but
Terry
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ooops! too wrap up to stop reading

Fast and Willow's story was too good to put down. Let me tell you. I started at 5am and could not out down until I was finish. I literally drive to the clinic not realizing it was Columbus Day and that it was closed. Red flag. I should have know the dr.s was closed today. But I had to get crazy down before my appt. Lucky for me the place is open tomorrow morning before my appt. I bumped into a door, missed a step or two. This is how good this book is. I need a
Cheri
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's time for Willow to start living and having fun. She's taken care of her sick mother for a long time. When she gets an invite to a Halloween party her friend insists she go. It is not exactly what she expected. They are all given masks but she's still sure she knows no one and is ready to leave when she meets Dax. He's planning to leave as well when they see each other and fireworks (not party planned) go off. She just thinks it's a wild party. As upcoming alpha, he knows it is a mate hunt. ...more
Linda
This is another one of her short books. It was a good, quick read where fate seems to let things fall into place. Willow is single and trying to get her degree as a teacher after taking care of her dying mother. She’s aware of shifters but knows nothing about them. Dex is the son of the Alpha and is being pestered to find his mate. The Hunt is actually a Halloween party for shifters, and they all drink a shot that affects their smell. There is a lot of things happening in a short time, so the st ...more
JodyL
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not my favorite but still good.

Dax is the heir to the wolf pack alpha. His parents want him to find his mate and settle down. Even though the pack has a yearly party called the Hunt he doesn't usually go. His parents and sister talked him into it.
Willow is about to graduate as a teacher at age thirty. She put off school to take care of her sick mother. She has only dated one guy who was a real jerk. She gets talked into going to a Halloween party even when she really didn't want to go.
Miriam
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it

This was a short but cute story. I thought Dax was really sweet, he took the time and effort to try to show Willow that he cared about her. Willow has some insecurities that were understandable on a level. I didn't really think the Melanie plot line was needed (in fact it seemed more strange given the overall plot). I think is one of those stories that could have benefited by a bit more length to a
Gwendolyn Thaggard
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Willow gets invited to a Halloween party.
The soon-to-be human school teacher is considering it.
She loves Halloween of course.
All her friends encourage her to go.
Unknowingly, Willow walks into a shifter mating party.
But luckily she catches the eye of Alpha wolf shifter, Dax.
Dax finds his mate in Willow.
Yet, their happy bubble bursts when one disgraced wolf and interloper cause trouble for the pack and come between Dax and Willow.

I received a f
Sarah Shannon
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can I just say I LOVEEEEEEEEE that this started out as a Halloween party (best holiday ever!) I liked how part of how they met is without the instant knowing of them being mates. It makes it more exciting and more challenging in bringing the 2 main characters together. As usual there is a plot twist but in this one it felt like there was more going on that wasn't as predictable in some parts. There is great chemistry as usual but I do like how she gave him a run for his money and related to the ...more
Deborah Wheat
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
So worth it

This cute and quirky story is just what I needed. Yet when it was over, I wanted more. It was easy to fall in line with this pack and what to know more about them and what makes them tic. Ella was too cute and fierce when needed, I hope her story comes next.

Dex and Willow were a great match and their chemistry was off the charts. The Hunt is one of those stories that you can read again and not get tired of it. At least for me it is.
Ann
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Neither Willow nor Dax is looking for a mate...but when they meet, sparks fly, hearts race, and clothes fall to the floor. Are they meant for more than a one-night stand? Or something more? And when danger comes calling, will Dax be able to get Willow in time?

A fun and interesting PNR featuring shifters, humans, a hunt, a garden maze, danger, and lots of steamy sexy-times.

I received a copy of this book via Booksprout. My thoughts and opinions are my own and without bias.
Wioletta
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Willow gets invitation to Halloween party, which she doesn't want to attend, she is older than her college friends; while all her friends went to college after high school, she stayed home to take care of her sick mother. After listening to her friend and her boss, she decided to go to the party. After getting there, her first thought was, she is at the wrong place, but after few people ask her to stay, she stayed and there is where the fun begin...…
I loved this story.
Everly Reads
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
I had medium hopes for this story, not even high ones. Between the changes in pov, the unrealistic reveals, and the weird convos, I struggled to finish it. The story jumped 2 days in the middle of a chapter. Like a scene ended and the next paragraph was 2 days later. I was so confused. This happened more than once. The premise of the party and the mate is good, but after that it just spirals down.
Alison Motherwell
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great short tale

This was a great introduction to Millys work. As a new to me author I wanted a taster without having to get sucked into a series. The hunt was a short read but it captured all the I tense emotions I have come to love reading about when it comes to shifters and there mates.

I really enjoyed reading this book and will definately be reading more from this author.
Jo Smith
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Entertainment Through & Through

You will never be disappointed with a Milly story. This shorter read doesn’t lack any action, adventure or steamy sex. It’s pace is kept consistently busy from first to let page. The characters are quickly portrayed and excellently developed throughout the story. A great feel good sexy shifter story!
Donna
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Milly Taiden does it again. In this fun read we meet Willow Myers a non-traditional student who has been kicked by life. At 30 she has had one serious boyfriend and hasn’t had the time or energy to look for another. But fate has other plans for Willow in the form of sexy alpha Dax Birch. This is a feel good read.
Lory
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was very enjoyable and entertaining read. I will say this much I felt like Willow and Dax were more in lust than in love would've like for them to get to know each other better. Overall a good read. I received a free copy via Booksprout I voluntarily read and review this ARC no monetary compensation was received the opinions I have expressed are my own.
ObsessiveReader
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quick and sweet read. Willow ends up at the wrong Halloween party and meets a hot guy. Dax isn’t looking for a mate. Little does he know that when he stumbles across a woman in his maze that he would find his mate. Dax is kind of sweet. He is an alpha but is very thoughtful to Willow. Good read!
Cheryl
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is Dax and Willow's story . It is the Hunt time for Dax and Halloween for Willow and let's start off by saying HOLY HOTNESS !! This Halloween will be bring more treats and tricks than ever for both of them ! Just hold onto your book/ereader because this story has some twists in it that are so wicked good ! Well written and recommended to all !!
Raveen Vann
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This author has written another really great book that I could not put down. Dax and Willow are so perfect together. She goes to the Hunt not expecting anything like it was and meets Dax. Dax got talked into the Hunt and once he meets Willow he instantly knows shes his. I loved how they were together and even when some things happen he wind give her up. Just a really good story.
Janet Hendricks
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Willow Went to a Halloween Party...

and nothing was ever the same again. She didn't know who the sexy man in the loin cloth was, but she knew she had to have him. Dax didn't know that first night that Willow was his true mate. He just knew he had to find her. Sexy, Sexy Tarzan and not so plain Jane. Could they survive the evil stalking them? Great read!
Carmen  Torres
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Hunt by Milly Taiden

Nothing like being at the wrong place at the right time. Loved the sweetness of Willow. She’s a wonderful character. He’s a gorgeous Alpha whose looking for his forever. However, there’s forces that aren’t happy for him and want to destroy him. Including what’s his. Will they succeed? Great book read!
Tori Preitauer-McMichael
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Milly Taiden is amazing!

I love every book I’ve read by Milly Taiden. The Hunt is a fun Halloween-themed release that gives us a hot, alpha shifter and a spunky FMC. The story gives us a twist or two and builds this great relationship giving the main characters everything they need.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Dragon to the Rescue (Forgotten Dragons, #3)
  • Protector Mate (MateMatch Outcasts, #2)
  • Dragon Meets Girl (Forgotten Dragons, #2)
  • Grizzly Mate (MateMatch Outcasts, #1)
  • Bite Deeper (Keepers of the Swamp, #3)
  • Dragon Next Door (Forgotten Dragons, #1)
  • When a Lioness Hunts (A Lion's Pride, #8)
  • Gunner (Silverback Redemption #1)
  • Doctor Dragon (Earth Dragons, #6)
  • Marked by the Alpha: A Fated Mates Paranormal Romance (Bare Bites Book 1)
  • Jake (Three Silverback Bears and a Baby Book 3)
  • Hector (Outback Shifters #1)
  • Dig Deeper (Keepers of the Swamp, #2)
  • The Golden Griffin's Baby (Shifter Dads #3)
  • Priceless
  • A BEARy Happily Ever After (Bear Clan, 6)
  • Warlock and the Bear (Banford and Beauty Bears #4)
  • Saving the Bear (Emerald Haven, #2)
Milly Taiden (also writes as April Angel) was born in the prettiest part of the Caribbean (to her) known as the Dominican Republic. Currently, she resides in New York City with her husband, bossy young son and their little dog Speedy.

When she’s not working full-time, texting with her best friend Heidi in England, chastising her son for pulling the dog’s ears, shopping with her sister J