Start by marking “Popcorn and Poltergeists (Vampire Knitting Club #9)” as Want to Read:
Popcorn and Poltergeists (Vampire Knitting Club #9)

Popcorn and Poltergeists

(Vampire Knitting Club #9)

Is there a murderous poltergeist on the loose?

When an Oxford professor is killed by a fall down the library stairs, rumors fly that it’s the work of a poltergeist who’s been causing havoc at the college.

The dead prof was a knitter, and a customer at Lucy Swift’s shop, Cardinal Woolsey’s. But Lucy thinks a very human killer is shifting the blame onto a ghost who can’t
Published February 12th 2020 by Ambleside Publishing (first published February 11th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Popcorn and Poltergeists, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Popcorn and Poltergeists

Start your review of Popcorn and Poltergeists (Vampire Knitting Club #9)
Bea
Interesting mystery that I only partially figured out, movement in the romance department and good character development for a secondary character. I would like to learn more about the vampire world and their politics.
Jackie
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely delightful story as always. A dead professor supposedly pushed by a poltergeist, doesn’t ring true. Perhaps a human is behind all this. Impossible to stop until the end to find out who did it.
Andrea Stoeckel
“...I felt better able to confront the poltergeist when I went back. I imagined most people who had an encounter with the scary force never went back for more. I was going to let this spirit know I wasn’t going anywhere until I had some answers.”

Lucy and the Vampire Knitting Club are at it again, and this time, it's less focused on the shop, and more on the community at large as there has been a mystery involving missing manuscripts that no one has been able to solve for enough years that the
Paula
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When the Baking Show Series came out, I feared that the Vampire Knitting Club had been completed as is. So I was thrilled to see book 9 in the series, Popcorn and Poltergeists released. There have been several series that I consider my favorites by Nancy Warren with this one being at the top.
Once again this is a murder mystery to be solved with a ghost being blamed. While the murder did not happen near Lucy or at the shop, the dead was a frequent customer of Lucy’s shop. All are on the case to
Lisa
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Popcorn and Poltergeists is the latest book in the wonderful Vampire Knitting Club series. Lucy is once again drawn into a mystery when a regular at Cardinal Woolsley's is attacked at the university. This book can be read as a stand-alone as well as part of a series. All the fantastic regular characters are in this book as well as some interesting new ones and all add to the delightful quirkiness that are at the heart of these books. This is my favourite book in this series so far. If you like a ...more
Catherine Stratman
Love this series!

Each time the next book comes out in this series I have to put down whatever I'm reading and read this one. They just keep getting better! We have the gang all helping out but most of the action is happening at the college. Rafe is trying to value the colleges collection of rare books and manuscripts. In the mean time, the caretaker dies from a tumble down a flight of stairs and another professor is injured on the same night. The same flight of stairs that cost the life of a
M. White
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another winner from Nancy Warren

I love the Vampire Knitting Club series, so was thrilled to read #9, Popcorn and Poltergeists. All the books in the series are well written, with clever plots and fascinating characters, as well as interesting information about Oxford. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and highly recommend it.
Shawna Miller
Favorite series

I really love trying to solve each mystery with Lucy and her vampires. I also love all the yarn and knitting talk as a knitter myself. Always anticipating the next book!
Kathleen Young
Another great story !

Although I am as accomplished a knitter as Lucy,meaning not at all, I love these books. Very well written with a good mystery. I lo e the vampire angle and appreciate that they are not treated as sparkling,brooding and blood thirsty. The mystery is always unusual and there is a twist to keep the reader guessing. I look forward to the next in the series and to see Lucy's further training as a witch as well as progress in her relationship with Rafe
Ruth Feathers
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Libraries can be hazardous to your health

Lucy has expanded her shop's offerings of knitting classes to include learning how to knit the popcorn stitch. The students include members of her vampire family and her human friends and customers. Missing manuscripts, mysterious deaths, and a restless ghosts make this an exciting addition to the Vampire Knitting series.
Rhonda Jones
Great Series

This book had a great mystery. A murder at an old and well established Oxford library. A library that happens to be haunted. The vampire, Rafe, is involved as he is there to authenticate and value old manuscripts. Lucy is there because a new friend was hurt in the library at the time of the murder. Together they will determine if the murderer was human or an angry poltergeist. I was surprised at the reveal. Great book.
Annette
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this series, this addition is another well blended mystery, with humorous moments and a taste of romance. Rafe is so sweet and so supportive and protective of Lucy. The old library and its ghostly adventures are so well described that I could see it. Lucy may not be Sherlock Holmes but she's courageous and gives her sleuthing 100% of herself regardless of the possibility of it being risky to her well being. Spellbinding and animating. I received a free advance copy without obligation and am ...more
Mary Beistline
Always a good mystery

Nancy Warren has a particularly good track record, and this is no different. Her mystery novels are always solid. She pays attention to the small things. I have read all of the vampire knitting clubs ,and always a joy when a new one is published.
Jo Anne
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book 9 of the knitting vampires series. Hester gets some friends and Lucy and Rafe grow even closer. This one has Lucy looking into 2 possible murders--10 years apart--and an angry poltergeist who might have been the cause of those deaths.
As always, a fun and fast read.
Saskia
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book 9 in the Vampire Knitting Club. It can be read as a standalone. I haven’t read the other books in the series, but had no problem following the story and all the characters.

I really enjoyed the book. The fact that Lucy who runs a knitting shop can’t knit to save her life, made me laugh and I loved the idea of all the knitting vampires.

The murder mystery was well put together and I enjoyed following Lucy and Rafe into solving the crime.

It was a wonderful and funny story.
Barb Foerst
Shelves: mystery, paranormal
Lucy Swift returns in book 9 of the Vampire Knitting Club. A poltergeist is haunting the local college library. Then the janitor is found dead at the bottom of the stairs, the same place where 10 years ago the former principal of the college was found dead. In addition, a current professor is found injured. Join Lucy and Rafe in searching for the murderer and 2 missing rare books.

I love this series. It has great characters and the solution is always just beyond my reach.
Ilene G>
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
A mystery with vampires and humor.

I enjoy this series. Lucy deals with a ghost, missing manuscripts, a murder and the fact she still cannot knit. Hester, the youngest vampire, has a bigger role in this book. I like the mystery, humor and the little bit of romance in the plot. I already pre- ordered the next book in the series.
Huldie
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Witches and Vampires and Ghosts, Oh My!

Nancy Sweden's newest book in the Vampire Knitting Club does not disappoint. Indeed, it is very entertaining. Rafe is involved in the investigation of some missing manuscripts and brings Lucy into the mystery. Add a dead body and a poltergeist and you have plenty of action. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
Mary
Another fun mystery

I thoroughly enjoyed this latest book in the vampire knitting club series. The premise of these books is so preposterous it makes me laugh but I really like the characters and somehow the craziness works. Reading one of these books is a pleasant way to spend an evening.
Beverly Button
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series keeps its spark!

Although much of the action is set outside the wool shop, I was fascinated by the pace of this latest book in the series. The mystery held my attention and kept me turning pages. Rafe and Lucy seem to be making progress in their romance, too, which makes me happy.
Nancy A
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this series.
Miss W Book Reviews
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Popcorn and Poltergeists is Book 9 in the fantastic Vampire Knitting Club Series.
I have been highly addicted to this fun series since reading Book 1.

Lucy Swift and her gang of Knitting Vampires are back involved with a new mystery.
I love how descriptive the writing is , I feel like I am right there in Oxford.

The characters are so well developed and complex. The mystery is well written and perfectly paced.

I really enjoy the budding romance between Lucy and Rafe and the interactions with Rafe's
Peggy Blass
Popcorn and Poltegeists

I love this cozy mystery series. Nancy Warren keep you interested throughout the book with lots of twists and turns. I love the romance between Lucy and Rafe. Will they ever be able to build a relationship. I would love to meet a vampire like Rafe.
Rebecca
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another terrific addition for this wonderful series of the Vampire Knitting Club with Lucy in the midst of paranormal activity as is her norm. With protection from her “family” of vampires and of witches, Lucy faces deadly betrayal from an unexpected source.
It was my pleasure to receive this ARC and give my honest review.
Janice Arnold
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was the best yet! I love Rafe and Lucy growing closer. This series always keeps you in suspense until the very end! Thank you Nancy --- again!
Melissa
Popcorn

Another exciting plot. This is one of my favorites in the series. I love that Silence and Hester took such helpful roles.
Annette Sullivan
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this very entertaining book. It has murder, mayhem, drama, betrayal and great humour. The wonderful characters are so well written and yet still kept surprising me, I just love them! This book is completely clean in all areas. It was fun to read and I recommend anyone with a sense of humour and a desire to read something different to treat themselves by reading this book.
Diane
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-author, read-2020
I enjoy this series and look forward to each book. The characters are fun and because I am a knitter, I love that yarn and knitting makes its way into the stories.
Christina Zidén
Sooooo good

This is one of my fav series reading. I can’t wait for the next book and if you like reading about vampires this is it. Read them
Wendy Burk
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I look forward to each new Vampire Knitting Club book, and Popcorn and Poltergeists is no exception. It's like returning to visit old friends, and enjoying the opportunity to watch them grow as individuals. No spoilers, but there is a little intrigue, a little romance, some family drama, and a betrayal!

• Love Spells & Late Fees (Library Witch #5)
  • Hell Hath No Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #7)
  • Witchy Secrets (Witches of Shadow Lane #3)
  • Witchy Orders (Witches of Shadow Lane #2)
  • The Third to Die (Mobile Response Team, #1)
  • Murder and Mahjong (Divine Place Supernatural Cozy Mystery Book 1)
  • More Than
  • Behind Every Lie
  • The Werewolf Whoops (A Charlie Rhodes Mystery, #3)
  • The Chupacabra Catastrophe (A Charlie Rhodes Mystery, #2)
  • Baby Broom (Wicked Witches of Coventry Book 10)
  • Southern Magic Wedding (Sweet Tea Witch Mysteries #16)
  • A Hairy Tail (A Hairy Tail, #1)
  • How a Mouse Saved the Royal Cat
  • Shadow Kitty
  • My T-Rex Has A Toothache
  • My Pteranodon Has A Sneeze - Childrens Picture Book
  • My Monster Farts Books 2,3,4 &5
Nancy Warren is the USA Today bestselling author of more than fifty novels.

She’s known for writing funny, sexy and suspenseful tales. She calls Vancouver, Canada home though she tends to wander. She’s an avid hiker, animal lover, wine drinker and chocolate fiend. Favorite moments in her career include being featured on the front page of the New York Times when she launched Harlequin’s NASCAR

Vampire Knitting Club (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Tangles and Treason
  • The Vampire Knitting Club (Vampire Knitting Club #1)
  • Stitches and Witches (Vampire Knitting Club #2)
  • Crochet and Cauldrons (Vampire Knitting Club #3)
  • Stockings and Spells (Vampire Knitting Club #4)
  • Purls and Potions (Vampire Knitting Club #5)
  • Fair Isle and Fortunes (Vampire Knitting Club #6)
  • Lace and Lies (Vampire Knitting Club #7)
  • Bobbles and Broomsticks (Vampire Knitting Club #8)
  • Cat's Paws and Curses (Vampire Knitting Club #8.5)