Start by marking “Left Waiting: and other poems” as Want to Read:
Left Waiting: and other poems

Left Waiting: and other poems

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  6 ratings  ·  4 reviews
In this latest collection of poetry, River Dixon continues his journey into the crevices that exist between the folds of what defines us as human. When we limit our view to only the surface, as we often do, we are left with a narrow understanding of who we are and why we do the things we do. To grow and move forward, this stunted awareness must be stripped away. It’s imper ...more
Published October 8th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Left Waiting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Left Waiting

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Left Waiting: and other poems
Victoria Ray
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You can read this poetry book more than once... Its so inspirational, emotional, melancholic and magical! The poems speak to your heart directly, about allll we often keep hushed or tucked away in the back of our heads. The author know how to capture the lovely energy of love and day-by-day relationships, the loneliness of our horrific realities, and the agonizing darkness of being lost.
Enjoyed every page! Especially amazing descriptions/metaphors and romantic feel/touch. Whether you’re in
Jupiter Grant
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Poetry to be savoured.
Reading River Dixon's poetry is like taking a long soak in a warm bath, being immersed in a world of heartfelt words and powerful imagery. Each piece warrants multiple readings, and each opened up new thoughts and feelings, and metaphors to savour. I was particularly moved by "Almost Again" and "Last Night", but there is something to appreciate in all of the pieces. A lovely, lovely collection.
Eric Keegan
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Many people write, but few people write like writers. That sounds like a dubious claim, but if you’re an avid reader like I am, you can see the differences clear as night, the break of day, and later night, in River’s case. His words are so engrossing and I find myself getting anxious for more and more of his releases. Well done! Each poem resonates with tragic ease and you can’t help but wonder who is left waiting on each side of the page.
Carrie Levine
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full of human emotions and humble wisdom

This collection of poetry makes me think of the smalll and impactful events and encounter in life. It inspires me to continue to write poetry.
Kathryn Duff
Nov 10, 2019
Mark Ryan
Nov 12, 2019
River Dixon
Oct 10, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books

• Verse for Ages
  • Mahoney: A Novel
  • Just a Thought: Creating the Life You Deserve from the Inside Out
  • Probationary Duties
  • The Big Four (Hercule Poirot, #5)
  • The Longest Weekend
  • Venus Aqueous: Book 1
  • Daddy: Reflections of Father-Daughter Relationships
  • Made
  • A Clockwork Butterfly (The Clockwork Butterfly Trilogy, #1)
  • The Final Strain
  • The Ipswich Bus
  • Allison In Wonderland
When once asked for an author bio, River Dixon was quoted as saying, “Life is pretty good these days. But that doesn’t mean I don’t remember. It’s quite easy, too easy, to slip back to what once was, realizing it still is. Fortunately, I have the knowledge that there is an underlying hope in all this, and that is one of the greatest gifts the years have given me.”

When asked what she th