Start by marking “A Rake's Rebellion (Rake Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Rake's Rebellion (Rake Trilogy, #3)

A Rake's Rebellion

(Rake Trilogy #3)

Published November 11th 2019 by Entangled: Amara

To ask other readers questions about A Rake's Rebellion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Rake's Rebellion

Start your review of A Rake's Rebellion (Rake Trilogy, #3)
Becky
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Ok I really disliked this book. I think you should give this book a try if you don't mind books being on lower steam end. Like way low. One kiss, I think and one love scene, both very close to the end. Quite a few people have liked it, though, and you never know what you'll like you until you read it. This is just my own personal opinion.

This was my first novel by this author. I would try her again, its not that the writing was bad or anything, more of just a real character disconnect. I didn't
Tonya
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Rake's Rebellion by Cynthia Breeding is a fun historical romance between an epic bad boy and an innocent young lady brought up in a convent. The two are tricked into a marriage and have their work cut out for them. He is a titled Lord who spends his time and money gambling and on women. She is an orphan without a proper title. Together they make a great pair and the chemistry sizzles.

Well written and entertaining, I like the plot and sub=plots. A Rake's Rebellion is Book 3 of Cynthia Breedings
Elodie

Publisher Entangled Amara

Blurb :

Niki
Dec 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Brice, Lord Barclay, isn't really surprised to wake up to a woman in his bed, but he's truly shocked to learn that she is, in fact, his wife. Sarah Vincent is an orphan raised in an American convent and has virtually no knowledge of English high society or men. But since she and Brice have been tricked into a marriage with no way to annul it without leaving her thoroughly ruined, she's determined to make it a real one. Now she just has to learn how to seduce her new husband. After witnessing the ...more
Kari
Nov 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, for-review, 2019
A Rake's Rebellion is the third stand alone in "Rakes Trilogy. I thought this worked fairly well as a stand alone book. For the most part, I liked the book. I really loved the way Sarah came out of her shell and became a beautiful confident woman. That was a pleasure to see. I also liked Brice and his transformation from Rake to husband. I also loved the friendship that developed between Sarah and Caroline.

What I didn't love was the romance. There was just no heat between the couple I thought
Cheryl
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such an entertaining read and it moved along at a good pace. Sarah’s life in the convent hadn’t prepared her for life in the ‘ton’, it didn’t help that she was an American and had little idea about protocol. Sarah was a kindhearted person and did all she could to help those in need. Lord Barclay ( Brice) didn’t intend that this forced marriage would affect his lifestyle. However, he did provide material things for her. Brice also helped those in need. Caroline proved to be a good friend ...more
Monique
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brice and Sarah's story was just as good as the previous two couples', with some underhanded tactics, misunderstandings, sneaky villains, and rescue dogs mixed into the drama. (Speaking of dogs, Brice is described as having unusual golden eyes, like a wolf. Cool)!
There were layers to the H/h personalities which fleshed them out, even as there were times where I felt that they held too much back from each other. Considering the times - Regency Great Britain - this could be understood to a point,
Janet
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars
After a night of heavy drinking, Lord Brice Barclay wakes up to find a woman in his bed. That's not unusual, but this one is fully clothed. When she tells him they are married, he is instantly cold sober and looking for a way out. Miss Sarah Vincent, an orphan raised in an American convent, didn’t ask for this marriage. They agree to have a marriage in name only, until they decide it’s not what they want but how to persuade each other when every time they meet they put their feet in
Lori D
"I would rather you not touch me, your lordship." Not touch her? Hell. What have I done? How foxed had he gotten last night?
"Why are you in my bed, Miss Vincent?" A blush stole over her cheeks and she lowered her gaze."We were married last night." "Very funny, Miss Vincent. Clever, even." Thinking she was playing a job on him that she and their friend Caroline had dreamed up. Of all people Miss Vincent was an orphan, newly arrived from America.
Thus the journey began. They were indeed married,
Speed
Feb 08, 2020 rated it liked it
This a new to me author and the book was okay. Brice wakes up to fond himself newly married to Sarah. Sarah is right out of the convent and finds she has to navigate a different way of life. It had its moments but it wasn't for me. I skimmed through most of it. a good read, with potential. It happens to be 3rd in the series. 3 stars...

****I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book provided by Entangled Publishing through NetGalley*****
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lord Barclay and Sarah's story was just delicious. Strong female lead for this time period coupled with a reformed rogue made this one just fantastic. We got deception, confused feelings, great side characters, a possible challenge for her emotions and a dash of action! Throw in some deliciously innocent slow burn romance and I was a very happy reader. Historical romance is a new genre for me and I have to say I'm a BIG fan!

I received an arc of this book.
Sofie Sehested
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story about Lord Barclay and Miss Sarah Vincent.

Sarah is an orphan who grew up in a convent in New Orleans in America and Lord Barclay is a rake who spends his time in gaming hells and brothels. So two very different people with very different upbringings and views on life.
These two people are tricked into marriage by her cousin and his wife and are now forced to live together in a marriage that non of them want. Lord Barclay never wanted to get married after seeing his own
Kim Shepherd
Nov 26, 2019 rated it liked it
A Rake’s Rebellion

Miss Sarah Vincent, an orphan raised in an American convent, didn’t ask for this marriage. She’ll be damned if it’s in name only. But seducing a man? How ever will she do that?! Good thing her friend lent her a copy of The Kama Sutra….

Brice starts to wonder
Brenda
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sarah's life thus far has been the staid existence of a young lady raised by nuns. She has no real experience in the world of the ton. She has become
Pamela
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lord Barclay, Brice, wakes up with a woman in his bed. Imagine his shock, when he learns he is married to said woman. To make matter worse, it's legally binding. Not only is there a signed marriage license, but several members of the ton witnessed it. Thus, Brice finds himself leaving with a wife in tow.

Miss Sarah Vincent, is innocent. She was tricked just as Brice was. Sarah is relieved, yet terrified when Brice accepts their marriage. Only problem is, Sarah wouldn't mind trying to make a go
Fizza
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's an interesting and well written historical romance novel and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. The beginning is the most interesting part and it just draws the readers in and keeps them intrigued. I also loved the characters and I think that the ending was no less amazing. The pacing of the story is perfect and it has all the right ingredients; romance, humor, characters that grow with the story, and strong writing. I'd definitely recommend it to historical fiction fans.
Sarah is an American
Amy Alvis
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Brice wakes up the morning after celebrating the nuptials of his best friend to find a fully clothed woman in his bed. Finding a woman in his bed is a normal occurrence, but they are not normally clothed and telling him that they are now married...

Sarah is tricked into marrying Brice by her cousin and her cousin's husband. The two decide that there is nothing to be done about the marriage, so decide to make the best of the situation. Each of them going their own way and not interfering with the
Debra Martin
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by Ms. Breeding and it was a delightful read. Brice, Lord Barclay, gets the surprise of his life when he wakes up at a house party, only to learn that he is married to the American, Miss Sarah Vincent. Sarah grew up in a convent and neither she nor Brice wanted this marriage. They were tricked by Sarah's uncle into the marriage and due to a meddling aunt, there's no way out. Sarah is a shy, unassuming young woman and has no idea how the ton operates. With the ...more
Alicia
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book starts with Lord Barclay waking up after a night of drinking in bed with a fully dressed woman in his bed. When she tells him that they are married, his wheels start turning looking for a way out.
Sarah Vincent, is an orphan who was raised in an American convent. She didn't ask for this marriage but she's willing to try if only her groom wasn't set on keeping their marriage in name only.

This book is a bit of a slow burn. Their first kiss doesn't happen till some point near the end. But
SH
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Brice, Lord Barclay wakes to find himself in bed with a woman he doesn’t remember marrying. However, he agrees to marry Miss Sarah Vincent so as to protect her, but with all intent that their marriage will not change how he leads his life. Sarah is determined to not lead a marriage in name only, and sets about learning all she can, from the book of Karma Sutra. It doesn’t take long for Brice to realise that Sarah is not who he thought her to be, and soon finds himself mesmerised, much like those ...more
Debra Dowling
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Cynthia Breeding.
Sarah and Brice find themselves married by unscrupulous means, and are forced not to proceed with annulment in order to protect Sarah's reputation. But, staying married doesn't mean things should change in the life of Brice, a rake around town. So they agree to a marriage in name only.
Sarah is lost and doesn't know what she is supposed to do with her time, and finds herself in a wonderful position to volunteer at a poorhouse teaching children how to read
Sissy's Romance Book Review
A Rake's Rebellion by Cynthia Breeding is book Three in the Rake Trilogy. This is the story of Brice Barclay and Sarah Vincent. I have read the other books and I do feel that helped me to enjoy this one but you could make this a standalone book for sure. Brice and Sarah end up being tricked into marriage. Brice never wanted to marry and did all the things a Rake does that doesn't plan on marrying. Sarah is a orphan who was raised by nuns so she is shy and innocent, so very different from Brice. ...more
Angel Hatfield
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was ok
After a night of debauchery, Lord Barclay wakes up to find a woman in his bed. That's not unusual, but this one is fully clothed. When she tells him they are married, he is instantly cold sober and looking for a way out. Miss Sarah Vincent, an orphan raised in an American convent, didn’t ask for this marriage. She’ll be damned if it’s in name only. But seducing a man? How ever will she do that?! Good thing her friend lent her a copy of The Kama Sutra. Brice starts to wonder what has come over ...more
Mary Hart
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it

Good Story, I was a bit doubtful of the hero's name Brice but the characterisation is interesting and we see him change from someone who was a hedonist to be more responsible sexually! Sarah is quiet and cute. She is her own person and doesn't really understand the reverence or use for the aristocracy. Sarah is keen to do good works. I also liked her American friend Ramsay perhaps he'll return in later books. This book is part of a series but I enjoyed it even though I haven't read the
Michelle
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
What an enjoyable read! This was my first Cynthia Breeding book but I'll definitely be reading more.
This story consisted of
a rake that doesn't want to marry
a forced marriage (by trickery)
an American, orphan bride who grew up in a convent
marriage of convenience agreement
an inquisitive bride
the Kama Sutra book (oh yes!)
a secret scandalous diary
a prostitute
a dastardly fellow
Has it grabbed your interest?
I loved that Sarah was an outspoken woman, even with her convent upbringing. She knew herself
Lovely Loveday
A Rake's Rebellion is the third book in the Rake Trilogy by Cynthia Breeding. A slow-burn romance that is sure to warm your heart with lots of drama and steamy romance. This is the first book in the Rake Trilogy that I have read and know I want to read the first two. This captivating romance is sure to draw you in with its intriguing character, beautiful backdrop setting, and a story line that is sure to get your pulse racing.
Angela Suzanne
Nov 27, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was a sensual read yet I thought with how much sex was referenced more of it was going to happen in the book. The sexual tension was palpable between the main characters and it made me anticipate when they were finally going to give in to their desire for one another. I also liked how the author put a few things in that made me wonder which way she was going to go with the plot.
Brittany
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historicals
I received this from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This is book 3 in the Rake’s Trilogy by Cynthia Breeding. This was a pretty good read I love when there is a marriage of convenience and people have to learn to be with each other. This was a fun story.
Jill Long
Dec 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
I tried to like this book but I found it incredibly boring. The plot went nowhere. I was waiting for interaction better main characters but it never really happened.
I received a free ARC from NetGalley and the publisher for an honest review.
Kirribilligirl
Ok but no keeper

This blurb read well. However it was just a romance. What kept them apart felt contrived. Neither Sarah nor Brices characters leapt from the page.

• Diamond in the Rogue
  • My Darling Duke (Sinful Wallflowers, #1)
  • Forever My Duke (Unlikely Duchesses, #2)
  • The Duke's Bride (12 Dukes of Christmas #6)
  • The Beast of Beswick (Everleigh Sisters, #1)
  • Dukes, Actually (12 Dukes of Christmas # 5)
  • How to Capture a Duke
  • The Duke's Desire (12 Dukes of Christmas #8)
  • About an Earl
  • Joy to the Duke (Love is All Around #3)
  • The Gift of the Marquess (Love is All Around #2)
  • A Reluctant Bride (The Shelley Sisters Book 1)
  • The Highlander's Christmas Bride (Clan Kendrick, #2)
  • Wild, Wild Rake (The Cavensham Heiresses #6)
  • Scot Under the Covers (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #2)
  • Much Ado about a Widow (The Widow's Club, #4)
  • The Bachelor (Duke Dynasty, #2)
  • The Sinful Scot (Saints & Scoundrels, #3)
An avid reader of anything medieval, Cynthia Breeding has taught the traditional Arthurian legends to high school sophomores for fifteen years. She owns more than three hundred books, fictional and non-fictional, on the subject. More information on Arthur, Gwenhwyfar and Lancelot can be found on the Historical Account link.

In addition, she has won numerous awards including the Holt Medallion,

Rake Trilogy (3 books)
  • A Rake's Redemption
  • A Rake's Revenge (Rake Trilogy Book 2)