Start by marking “White Hornet (The Viper and the Urchin #5)” as Want to Read:
White Hornet (The Viper and the Urchin #5)

White Hornet

(The Viper and the Urchin #5)

A city of snow and wind.
A logistical nightmare when running a mission…
…or an opportunity to explore new sartorial delights?

Rory has faced many challenges in her time, but none quite so frustrating as mastering the art of walking in a corset and bustle.

She has to pass herself off as a wealthy heiress to infiltrate the House of Bel, a mysterious and highly exclusive
Published October 8th 2019

To ask other readers questions about White Hornet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Hornet

Start your review of White Hornet (The Viper and the Urchin #5)
Elizabeth Lloyd
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Once again, Longinus and Rory are part of a team engaged in espionage on behalf of the Marchioness of Damsport. Leaving the warmth of their home, Cruikshank, the clever engineer, Adelma, the strong, hard-drinking smuggler and Rafe, a handsome Varanguard, have travelled north with them to Arnia, fearing the Emperor intends to reconquer Damsport.

The fledgling romance between Rafe and Rory is beginning to blossom as they act out their parts of a noble but poor aristocrat and his rich but
Emily Wrayburn
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review originally posted on a A Keyboard and an Open Mind 25 October 2019:

Please note: this review contains minor spoilers for the previous four books in this series.

If you’ve been following my reviews for a while, you’ll know that there is very little negative I have to say about the Viper and the Urchin series. This instalment is no different.

In White Hornet, the gang are undercover in the neighbouring country of Airnia, on a spy mission for the Old Girl. They have no idea who they can trust,
Barb Taub
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay, there are two things I hate in books I’m reviewing. First is of course, the love triangle. But worse by far—a crime on the level of baby murder or taking phone calls in the theater—is the cliffhanger. And yet…author Celine Jeanjean did warn us first. She said we could just wait to read both parts until the second part comes out in a few months.

As if…I SO couldn’t wait.

This is a new book in one of my favorite series ever. More Rory the former urchin. More Longinus, the blood-averse
Riley
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: steampunk, favorites
As I read the opening paragraph, I remembered the end of The Doll Maker, book 4 in this series. Longinus was left with a mission. Find out if what his evil sister told him is true – Mother is still alive.
Some events change a man’s life so definitively that everything becomes defined in relation to this one moment. Such a milestone divides all other points in one’s life into Before and After.
Reading this paragraph, I figured Longinus was about to do something incredibly brave, if not well thought
Juneta Key
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This has been very enjoyable series with lots of hijinks and adventure. The gang is all back and we have a couple of new additions. It is one trouble after another which kept me turning the pages. I also like the growth of the character from each story. You definitely know there will be another book as there are a lot of unanswered question yet this adventure wraps up in a satisfying way. Great series.

I volunteer to read an ARC and this is my honest opinion.
Matthew
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intensely satisfying read

I am an avid reader and an amateur writer
, so I can appreciate a good book but this book and the series so far hasn't just been good but has been great in my opinion, I can not wait to see where the author takes us in book 6 and any future books that may or may not be published.
Ed A
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Entertaining read

I’ve throughly enjoyed reading the previous installments, and the latest is no exception. And the cliffhanger ending isn’t as bad as some others have been. All in all an entertaining read. I received an ARC, and also wound up buying the ebook once it was released.
Krista
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another winner in this series. I loved all the snow and cold -- it reminded me of home for 6 months of the year. The mystery and action kept me riveted, and although this book ends on a cliffhanger, the suspense only makes me all the more eager to find out what happens next.
Ladyhawke
Nov 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Booooooo

I don’t like cliff hangers... this book and the one before it didn’t get much done but tangle us in a web
Emma
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I am so heavily invested in all the characters that I will be devastated when this series comes to an end. As well as excellent characters it has a fast paced plot with plenty of excitement. Intrigue at court and a lot of people who are acting from mysterious motives. I highly recommend the whole series, I find it hard to imagine anyone not liking these books.
Tera Leigh
Dec 26, 2019
Brit Andrews
Oct 19, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: Please add book to series 2 14 Oct 11, 2019 09:11PM

• Reign of Magic (The Fairy Tale Enchantress, #3)
  • Planet Killer (Star Kingdom #6)
  • A Snowflake at Midnight (Elemental Steampunk Tales, #4)
  • Heritage of Power (The Complete Series #1-5)
  • Shockwave (Star Kingdom #1)
  • Grave Importance (Dr. Greta Helsing #3)
  • The Night Raven (Crow Investigations #1)
  • Loving Vengeance (The Ross Duology #2)
  • The Perfect Cup: A Montague & Strong Detective Story
  • Newly Wed and Slightly Dead (A Touch of Magic Mysteries #1)
  • The Daemoniac (Gaslamp Gothic #1)
  • Why Is Nothing Ever Simple? (The Chronicles of St. Mary's, #10.6)
  • The Wendy (Tales of the Wendy, #1)
  • How to Kiss an Undead Bride: The Epilogues (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #7)
  • Undeading Bells  (Fred, the Vampire Accountant #6)
  • Gate Quest (Star Kingdom #5)
  • Dark Matters (Class 5, #4)
  • The Gladiator's Downfall (Age of the Andinna, #1)
Celine Jeanjean is French, grew up in the UK and now lives in Hong Kong. That makes her a tad confused about where she is from. During her time in Asia she’s watched the sun rise over Angkor Wat, lost her shoes in Vietnam, and fallen off a bamboo raft in China.

Celine writes stories that feature quirky characters and misfits, and her books are a mixture of steampunk, fantasy and humour.

The Viper and the Urchin (5 books)
  • Bloodless Assassin (The Viper and the Urchin, #1)
  • Black Orchid (The Viper and the Urchin, #2)
  • Slave City (The Viper and the Urchin #3)
  • Doll Maker (The Viper and the Urchin #4)