Start by marking “Calico Descending (Juniper Unraveling Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Calico Descending (Juniper Unraveling Book 2)

Calico Descending

( Juniper Unraveling #2)

In a world of suffering and brutality, she's the key to his humanity ...

I was fourteen when I was sold to the men in black uniforms. Too young to understand I served a purpose beyond that of the other girls they’d taken.

For the greater good.

Now, after four years in Calico, I’ve seen more death and suffering than during my days of surviving out in the Deadlands
Published October 29th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Calico Descending, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Calico Descending

Start your review of Calico Descending (Juniper Unraveling Book 2)
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS

He is pain and agony wrapped in fire, but his lips are sheer bliss.
He’s the flame that burns inside of me, the single spark that ignites my soul.

I simply cannot describe to you the sheer brilliance that is this book. It's not your run of the mill romance, it's so much beyond that. It's a gripping and vivid tale of pain and survival in a brutal world the likes of which only the evil genius mind of Keri Lake can create. Think Resident Evil meets romance.

Keri Lake created a dangerous,
Jen
**** 4.5 Stars!!!!****

I love a dark, gruesome dystopian story, and the second book in this series delivered plenty of gore and despair. If you are looking for a flowery romance, you will not find it here. There is love that develops during the pain, devastation, and torture that our beloved characters endure. The thing is though, this story isn’t pretty and it turned my stomach more than once... but that made the glimpse of passion and love even more cherished when I finally got to witness it
CC
4.25 Stars

Set in the same dystopian world in Juniper Unraveling, the storyline continues a few years later where hives are still being raided and the unsuspecting are introduced to a tortuous life at Calico Hospital, all to find a cure against the Dredge contagion. At 14 years old, Calithea is captured and learns her new role at Calico. As years pass, she endures painful experiments, but she makes a connection with her Champion, Valdys.

“He is pain and agony wrapped in fire, but his hands and
Lo Bookfrantic

4.5Stars

Genre:Romance Dystopian
Type:Book 1 of 3 from Juniper Unraveling series
POV:First Person – Female

"Paradise is an illusion in our world, a mirage, one in which only fools and the truly delirious trust."

Calico Descending takes place in the Juniper Unraveling world; we meet Calithea who at only fourteen years old has seen death and nothing really surprises her. When she lost her mother she knew she had to be strong for her and her younger sister if they wanted to survive the
warhawke
Genre: Dystopian Romance
Type: Book 1 of 3 from Juniper Unraveling series
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

All her life, Calithea only knew a world where everything was volatile. Being a subject in the Alpha project at Calico means a minor privilege but still won’t save her from Valdys, one of the most dangerous Alphas in the facility. With his questionable humanity, she must find a way to survive or become just another casualty of the broken world they lived in.

I read Juniper Unraveling (book 1)
Betül
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

- 4.5 stars -

Calico Descending is the sequel to one of my favorite reads of 2017: Juniper Unraveling. That stand-alone didn’t feel completely finished so I’m happy that Keri decided to dive into this dark dystopian/post-apocalyptic world again. Keri doesn't hold back and really does a phenomenal job in creating another dark and gritty story. I love that it is unpredictable and really anything can happen at any time. Like the previous book this one
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
thumbnail_Now Available Hardcover Image

thumbnail_Calico - Now Available Promo 2

Wow!!! mind blown completely if the first book managed to completely bowl me over this one blew me away with its sheer brilliance.
Calico Descending is book two in the series and it can technically be read as a stand-alone read as though it is set in the same world as its predecessor it involves a completely different set of characters, Saying that this series is just so good you most definitely want to read them all.
This is book one in a two-parter, I believe this concludes in December and I for
Leigh

Calico Descending takes us once again into a dark, depressing and dangerous world. Those in charge are experimenting with human lives and I find myself thinking yet again that death is the route I would rather travel but then Keri shows us a small flicker of life and I think that's why humans have the instinct to live. The ending broke my heart but the wait is short and the conclusion Kings of Carrion will be released soon.

***ARC Provided by Author***
Pam Godwin
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So much pain, loss, inspiration, and perseverance in these pages. I'm so invested in this gruesome world and the characters who bring it to life. The writing is imaginative, provocative, sensual, and magical. I highly recommend this series.
Mimiorphee
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, arc
Calico Descending was totally what I needed to get out of my head. Being immersed into the Calico world isn't really a walk in the park but the journey is so worth it!!! With this second opus (after Juniper Unraveling two years ago), I loved going back to Keri Lake's dystopian universe.

The atmosphere, dark and gritty, surrounds the reader right away. Simply put, Calico is such a powerful component of the story, that it could be a character on its own.

Infected by the Dredge, a disease that
Bookgasms Book Blog
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
I absolutely love Keri Lake's words. She has such a phenomenal way of telling a story that you feel as if you are amidst the dark and gritty worlds she builds. I legit died for Juniper Unraveling as the story was so raw and powerful and filled with the dark dystopian edge that I love. For that reason Calico Descending was the absolute perfect follow up book in this world. This story was so raw, gritty and vivid. I was overcome with despair for Cali but could not be more in awe of her ...more
Timitra
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Calico Descending is brutal. The violence within or anything for that matter is not sugarcoated in any way, shape or form. I shouldn't admit how much I loved it but I did, I loved it quite a lot. It had me completely invested from the very beginning. I practically devoured it in one sitting and cannot wait for the conclusion to this story. I highly recommend to those who love fucked up dark romance with a side of gory scenes.

Copy provided by author
Liz

This was one outstanding read! Full review to come!

description

This was an F(BR) with my girls CC, War, and Loyda! Thank you, ladies, for sharing this journey with me!

description

ARC graciously provided in exchange for an honest review.

For more reviews/reveals/giveaways visit:
Courtney
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
After falling into a slight book funk - this one has awaken my book love again!!!

O.M.G. Holy shit - I cannot get enough of this series. Hot damn, Keri!!

Calico Descending is the sequel to Juniper Unraveling. You MUST read Juniper Unraveling in order to fully understand this post apocalyptic, dystopian world. While Calico Descending focuses on a whole new set of characters, Juniper Unraveling gives you all the details and world building that you need to fully grasp this book.

Keri really knows how
Beneath The Covers Blog
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
◊♦ Naomi
Amazing. Mind blown. Keri never disappoints.
FMABookReviews
Life gave him those scars, but for some strange reason, I suddenly want to be the one who heals them. I want to crawl inside his darkness and illuminate the parts that have never felt the warmth of the light.

WOW! This is one of those books I couldn't stop thinking about since the very first time I heard it was going to be written!! I simply love this world!

When I finished Juniper Unraveling in 2017, I was riding a book high. I named it my favorite read of 2017. So when Keri Lake announced a
We Like them Dark **
This is the first book I have EVER read like this. I’ve read the hunger games-which is something I’d maybe categorize this book with, but I’m being serious when I say this book was hands down so much better than anything that could have been created in the ever popular hunger games. This needs to be picked up for a movie-it’s dark, it’s gritty, it often made my skin crawl, but I can say with all certainty that Keri Lake is an absolute evil genius.
I couldn’t put this book down-I absolutely
Maca
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
WTF happened to this series?
WTAF?!
The first book was really good so I was excited when I found out this is going to be a series.
I would give it 3 stars but when I reached the end I felt sick ‘cause of what almost happened there (*weird threesome*).
It was like: “I had to do it, it’s in my DNA.” That stupid girl was always making excuses and blaming some dumb experiment
And beside that I felt almost no chemistry.

Like seriously?
And there is going to be another sequell of that shit.
The first book
Debbie
A simply powerful and emotionally stunning read.

Calico Descending is the type of story I only dare to hope for each time I crack open a book. It's one of those rare stories that touches the soul and inspires the heart. I was completely immersed in it's pages, affected deeply by the characters and horrified by their circumstances.

It is a raw and dark tale of perseverance, strength and hope, in the face of unimaginable circumstances. And as dark as this gets, the promise of hope and light is
Sonal
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars!

I can't believe I voluntarily put my one and only heart through that. I need answers and I need compensation for the emotional turmoil that I might have totally signed up for but still can't believe happened to me.

The main events of this book are set around the same time as book 1 but we don't get to meet those characters. These are completely new characters that I fell in love with almost instantly because Keri Lake.

I genuinely thought that the pain and suffering part of this story
Andrea Thompson
This is book 2 in the series, and while it could be a stand-alone, many things won't make sense and you won't get the full context of this world or the characters unless you start with book 1, Juniper Unraveling.

I HIGHLY recommend you read this series.

I found it by accident and oh. MAN. This fed my dark little dystopian loving heart SO MUCH. This world is hideous and painful and just so hopeless in so many ways. Do not get overly attached to characters if you can help it. You will hate many
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This is book two in the Juniper Unravelling series. I thought book one blew my mind but seriously it’s nothing compared to what a head spin this was.

I am in awe that this author can get me to enjoy such a story. It’s not a genre I’d usually pick up and read... guess that’s changed now lol

Fantastic storyline... a story that will stand out for me and stay with me for a long time.
Sonja
Nov 05, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-ebooks
I loved Juniper Unraveling and ended my review saying that if this author ever came out with another book like it I would definitely want to check it out. So when I saw this, I was very excited. Unfortunately, this just wasn't nearly as good as the first one. And that mostly came down to Cali. I just didn't like her character all that much. She was way too naive and I greatly disliked how she acted with the other alphas besides her champion. As for the alphas here, I was pretty ambivalent about ...more
Anita _booktoread
There is no true justice for the inhumanity within the walls of Calico, there is only survival, after all Paradise is merely an illusion.

Keri Lake is sadistic in this one. She makes us fall in love with all of these patients/prisoners of Calico only to kill most of them off (sorry for the spoiler but don’t get attached to anyone!).
Think of this as The Hunger Games in a hospital. We see Dr Ericsson again (to read his death you’ll have to read Juniper Unraveling), thoughts of his death were the
Joyffree
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am broken
Lake has always been one of my go-to authors when I need a read that guarantees to evoke all my emotions:
Something that will shred my soul then
maybe if the author is feeling generous put the scraggly bits back together -
possibly even a bit stronger in the end?
Something that will cause me to question my beliefs, my faith in humanity
That will give me a moment of darkness
That sparks my fear
yet not without a sliver of light -
Just enough that I can grasp on to Hope
Something that
Bee
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
5 STARS

My goodness SHE DID IT AGAIN.

I lapped this book up in under 24 hours and enjoyed every single bit. Like in the first book, Keri does not spare words when it comes to this gruesome world and everything that happens in it. She keeps it true like a real champ and I can never convey how much I admire that.

Keri’s heroines are quickly becoming my absolute favorites. Just like Wren, Calithea is a strong lady who is ready to risk it all for her love. I’m truly touched by the way hers and Valdys’s
I Love Story Time
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: melyssa-lys, arc
Holy Hell! Keri Lake never ceases to amaze me with her brilliant story telling, her uncanny ability to create a world like no other, and her extraordinary characters. Calico Descending was dark, intense, and undeniably heart breaking. Valdys and Cali's story will take you on a thrilling journey where everything isn't as it seems and where bone chilling discoveries are made. Page after page, I devoured every word. I did not want to adult and put this book down! It was so hard to walk away from ...more
Kelly Kemmerly
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There needs to be a support group for us who need recovery time after living in the world of Keri Lake’s newest dystopian romance, Calico Descending! I keep walking to the kitchen for something only to forget why I’m there. It’s like a catatonic state, but with reeling emotions. All I can say is, I want more!!
Calico is the second book to Juniper Unraveling following the tortuous destiny of Calithea who is sold to Calico for a purpose. She is the enticing reward and threat of punishment to the
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am not even sure where to start! This book just Blew. Me. Away. I finished this book over a week ago and I am still thinking about it. I have gone through a slew of emotions from giddiness to sadness, anger and anxiety. I was seriously pissed off at a few points. Juniper Unraveling is one of my favorite books and was released a few years ago, so I was waiting on pins and needles when Keri announced she was writing 2 more books in this universe, and i was not disappointed AT ALL. I am not going ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Damage
  • Cold Queen
  • Collateral
  • Before You
  • Landon & Shay: Part One (L&S Duet, #1)
  • Venom
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • Hold on to Hope
  • Do You Dare? (Truth And Dare Duet, #1)
  • Kisses and Wishes: One Holiday Wish / Collared for Christmas / Stolen Mistletoe Kisses
  • Convict (Sin City Salvation, #2)
  • Manipulate (Deliver #6)
  • Dreams of 18
  • Lap of Luxury (Love Don't Cost a Thing, #2)
  • Heartless Hero
Author of dark romance who specializes in demon wrangling, vengeance dealing and wicked twists.

I love connecting with readers, so feel free to join my reading group: http://bit.ly/2lWjOFg

Juniper Unraveling (4 books)
  • Juniper Unraveling (Juniper Unraveling, #1)
  • Kings of Carrion (Juniper Unraveling, #3)
  • God of Monsters (Juniper Unraveling, #4)