Start by marking “Enigma (Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Enigma (Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team Book 3)

Enigma

(Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team #3)

It’s not how we make mistakes, but how we correct them that defines us…

Karsyn Fallaway

Tucker didn’t stop my car as it drove away from his house that summer night, and the sting of rejection hasn't gone away.

Over a year has gone by, and I find myself looking for him in all the places he’d been before. It doesn’t help, he’s still an enigma I have yet to figure out.

My
Published January 17th 2020 by Laramie Briscoe Books

To ask other readers questions about Enigma, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enigma

Start your review of Enigma (Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team Book 3)
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Tucker and Karsyn's book is one I've been excited for since we were first introduced to their characters. Their story started off with Tucker being a complete idiot and letting Karsyn leave his life because he wasn't ready for those kind of strong feelings. Almost a year later Tucker realizes what a big mistake he made and he tries to win Karsyn back.

It was clear there was a lot between them and that it was a complicated relationship, which made the book all the
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
4.5 Stars ~ Erin

I am loving this series and Briscoe gives us a strong addition with Enigma. Just when things start to get serious between Karsyn and Tucker, he runs. Turning his back on everything he never knew he wanted, he learns that Karsyn’s heart may not be the only one broken. When he realizes his mistake, will she open herself back up to him or is it too late to make things right?
Briscoe delves into these characters, allowing us a deeper look. We begin to understand their motives,
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
The past was never forgotten...

For good or bad, Tucker and Karsyn’s lives were shaped by events of the past. Sometimes we’re able to have a second chance and redo the mistakes and these two made the most of their reunion.

This author is a great storyteller and I was glued to the pages from the get go. Tucker and Karsyn had history – both love-filled and heartbreaking. How it all came to be, and what they were going to do about it now, made for a read full of emotional minefields. I felt for
Victoria
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I first saw the blurb for Enigma I was super excited and couldn't wait to get my hands on a copy! I'm happy to report that it totally lived up to every expectation I had... and then some!

Syn and Tuck's story is one of second chances, growth and acceptance. Their story was so beautiful and heart-breaking that you couldn't help but cheer them on to be together.

Syn was everything I love about a leading lady: a little unsure, a lot strong and stubborn. She didn't see the world through rose
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Laramie Briscoe is back with the third standalone book in the Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team (LSERT) series and this one has got to be my absolute favorite of this series to date.

Enigma was everything I needed it to be and more... a beautiful, steamy, sexy, swoony, suspenseful l, second chance - contemporary romance that gave me all the feels right from the start and was completely unputdownable in every single moment this book gave.

*sigh* Tucker and Karsyn captivated me from the
Amanda
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story was absolutely amazing. I didn’t think the LSERTS series could get better, I mean have you read Ransom and Nick’s stories?! But of course, it got better and I loved it so much. Tucker, being a typical guy, starts out the story by being an idiot! He definitely redeems himself and Karsyn and him reunite to start a beautiful relationship. About time too, because poor Major was missing his Karsyn! The story has love, growth, friendships (some really great and funny friendships), and of ...more
Tanja Kezmic
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jan-2020, omgreads, 5star
This book is what real life is about .

It’s about having fears and doing unreasonable stuff like breaking up with the woman you love because you got scared and decided to push her away.
It's about learning from your mistakes and then deciding enough is enough and doing everything you can to return the light in your life and never letting go. It’s about learning that sometimes hot sizzling chemistry just isn't enough.
This story had tears, laughter and moments where ones heart was so full of
Jaclyn Lavigne
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve been waiting for Tucker and Karsyn’s story since we were first introduced to them. Their story was amazing and I loved seeing both characters be vulnerable with each other. Both Karsyn and Tucker’s past play a major role in how they live their lives and have impacted their relationships. Both of their stories were heartbreaking, but they use their past mistakes to rise above and create a stronger relationship. I loved seeing the other characters, especially the camaraderie between Tucker, ...more
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
There’s a reason Laramie Briscoe is an auto buy and frequent reread author for me and Enigma is the perfect example of why. Beautifully blending heavy emotion with heartwarming sweetness like no other she had me riveted right from the prologue of Tucker and Karsyn’s story. I’m talking literally from page one I was hooked. These two have quite a story that will have you shedding a tear or two, then a whole lot of happy tears along the way.
A second chance sweeter than any I’ve ever read before
Karin
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a perfect read for me. Tucker and Karsyn was in a semi relationship but when she did the unthinkable to Tucker, caught feelings lol, he immediately cut ties with her and broker her heart. I loved that when Tucker realized the mistake he made he worked for it and tried hard to get back in her good graces which made it better cause he wasn’t immediately forgiven for hurting her. She is dealing with past trauma and when she finally opens to Tucker about her past he becomes her strength and ...more
Kylee
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enigma is a story that will at times leave you breathless and fully consumed. Tucker is a man scared of the power of love but when his fear keeps the reason for his heart to beat at arms length, it’s time to be strong and vulnerable all at once. Karsyn and Tucker both need to come clean, open their hearts and finally accept that without each other life has no meaning. A story that is flirty, a little dirty, drama filled and overflowing with love and passion.
Millennial Life Crisis Bookshelf - Samantha
Continue to love Laramie Briscoe and this series! After falling in love with the stories of their parents, we are getting the second generation of this crew and I can’t thank Laramie enough! Both Tucker and Karsyn have pasts that heavily affect their present and future, and it makes this couple that much harder trying to get together and push through. After Tucker finally pulls his head out and sees Karsyn and their relationship for what it was, the book got that much better because they finally ...more
Tammy
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awwww Karsyn and Tucker, I don't even know what to say Besides I LOVED this story. These two, were absolutely perfect for eachother. Both have to overcome some huge obstacles in their past keeping them from the future, but when they do it's absolutely the perfect love we all want in life. With an added bonus of Major, he adds his own special parts to this read.
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I’ve read 4-5 of Laramie Briscoe’s books at this point, and I’ve noticed she always manages to find characters and a story that will suck me in and hold me until the very end. Karsyn and Tucker have history, and not the good kind. It’s the kind where someone got their heart broken and they both spent b months trying to recover. Now Tucker knows he made a mistake and he wants Karsyn back. Karsyn isn’t sure she can trust Tucker again, and when things get complicated, can they find a way to make it ...more
Jeanine
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series is great, every story just gets better and better. Tucker and Karsyn's relationship has some bumps that they overcome, it is a fun ride to watch them get there. I loved the fundraiser....so may wins there. I can't wait for the next story!
Crystal Wilke
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved the chemistry between Tucker and Karsyn. Their past will keep them apart for a little while but their love for one another will overcome the hurt. Enigma is filled with laughter, love, sexy time and heroism.
Jo Grant
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An emotionally stunted Tucker lets Karsyn go after she tells him that she loves him! 12 months later, after trying to stay away and failing miserably! He’s basically turned into her stalker. When he wants funding for his K-9 unit, Karsyn offers to help. He gets his second chance to show her how he really feels. Great read. Loved reading their story and catching up with all my favourites from previous books.
Calli Pennine
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing!! Tucker and Karsyn have chemistry in spades!! From the first page to the last you are reading about a couple you know will make it no matter what obstacles get put in their way. I highly recommend this whole series!
Jessica
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tucker... what to say about Tucker... I absolutely love him! He makes an awesome book boyfriend.
And he’s mine!
I’ve claimed him! Called dibs! AND licked him!
So like I said, he’s mine!!!

About the story -
Tucker and Karsyn make a great couple. Neither are perfect, but they are perfect for each other. At the beginning of this story they are broken up. Or whatever you want to call it when you just have sexy times, then catch feelings, tell the man you love him, and then he ends things with you.
Stupid
Latifa Morrisette
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enigma is book 3 in the LSERT series and it's Karsyn and Tucker's book. I love this series so much. Each has their own flow to it and I have never been steered wrong by this author. I'm excited for more from this series.
Kathy Rouchelle
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The boys of Laurel Springs (LSERT) are back and this time we get Tucker's story, and what a story it is. This book will break your heart and send chills down your spine, as well as give you goosebumps and more than a few heat flashes! But it is really Karsyn's story that will tug at your heart and have you cheering for the strong woman she has become. When she reveals her secret to Tucker, she will definitely capture your heart.

This story is well written and will definitely play on your
Jennifer Pierson
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enigma was a fantastic & emotional read that I legit couldn't get enough of. It's the story of Tucker Williams, a man who had too much pride to go after the girl who was his lobster in every way, and Karsyn Fallaway, the other half of Tucker, and after he broke her heart, she's really not having any of him these days. It doesn't mean that the year after that emotional incident that he's out of her head, or that she's out of his, but this girl is very strong, albeit too stubborn at times, ...more
Heather Whitaker Red Hatter Book Blog
Tucker....sigh....Tucker I really do not need to say more. I mean if you read Ransom and Nick's books then you know sighing is something you will do with these men. Once you start this you are going to fall in love with both Tucker and Karsyn. You know the old saying you don't know what you got until its gone?? Well Tucker finds this out the hard way. Once he figures out just what he is missing after he let Karsyn go he sets out to right that wrong. Karsyn is a young beautiful woman who put ...more
Erica
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Damnit why do you have to make me love a new character more than the last?
I'm perfectly content having a favorite in a series and nobody ever comparing to them but Laramie Briscoe just won't let that happen!
Tucker and Karsyn are freaking amazing. They both have pasts that shaped who they are and not necessarily in a good way. Karsyn has slowly built a life for herself that doesn't allow her past to be a constant presence in her life.
Tucker on the other hand let his past shape the man he is and
Kari Hansen
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
For the last year Tucker has regretted that when Karsyn admitted how she felt about him he panicked and the relationship that they were developing ended. Time and space hasn’t lessened the ache in his heart and he wants a second chance but can he convince her?

The love that Karsyn has for Tucker hasn’t diminished but if she is going to let him back into her life she isn’t about to jump in with both feet until she knows he can be trusted with her heart. When the past she has tried to forget
Cheri
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tucker stopped her and gave her a ticket . She added her phone number with her signature. Eventually, that brought them together until he got scared off by her feelings. Regret was almost immediate. Could he get her back?

Karsyn had a past. One she refused to share. She just wanted her life to go on and leave that past behind. She thought that's what she had with Tucker. He trained the k-9s and had a working dog himself. Even his dog loved her. She lost him too. Tucker wants her back? After all
April Symes
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enigma is bk 3 in the LSERT series by Laramie Briscoe. This is Tucker and Karsyn's story. I have been dying for their story since we were introduced to them. I couldn't wait to get their book and wow, their book definitely lived up to what I expected. Tucker and Karsyn have this instant connection/ chemistry together. Their pasts affect how they live their lives, have relationships and deal with things. Theirs is a deliciously sweet, emotionally charged and beautifully written 2nd chance ...more
Courtney
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved Tucker so much and was Excited when we got his and Karsyn’s story. In Suppression we see that Karsyn Caught feelings for Tucker and that made him run from her. It’s been a year since they broke up and Tucker is realizing he made the worst mistake of his life and will do anything to get his Syn back. As he tries to win her back, they both have to come clean and be one hundred percent honest with each other and learn to trust each other all over again. There were a lot of ups and downs, ...more
Andrea Thompson
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This sweet second chance is part of one of my favorite big worlds full of fantastic characters. Nobody in Laurel Springs is less than hot and nobody escapes finding their soul mate - even if it takes a couple of chances!

Karsyn and Tucker are lovely together. Hot when their clothes are off and sweet when they're having playful banter or propping one another up. He messed up big letting her go once, and getting her back for keeps becomes his mission. Her past (and his) make things complicated
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just hand over your money now. Enigma is such a great book. The characters and the storyline are on point. I devoured this book in one sitting, leaving my eyes weary as I blinked back into reality wondering what time it was. Hell, I even forgot where I was.

This is a second chance romance. I loved that each of the characters have distinctive voices. I also loved how the author wrote the heat in the book. The pace of the story is steady while the words themselves drew me in and made me feel like I
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0 #1)
  • This Is Forever (This is, #4)
  • Baiting Him (How to Catch an Alpha #2)
  • Sweet Agony (Angels Halo MC Next Gen Book 2)
  • Burn (Men of Inked: Heatwave, #2)
  • Scooter (Cerberus MC #11)
  • Power Play (Nashville Assassins: Next Generation, #2)
  • Needing Nevaeh (Rockers' Legacy, #2)
  • Off Limits (Kings of Mayhem MC, #5)
  • If You Say So (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #6)
  • Beauty and the Badge (Charlotte's Cove #1)
  • Royal Playboy (Playboy Royal, #1)
  • Sunset Beach
  • Cherishing His Forever (Forever #3)
  • Bad Alibi (Redemption #1)
  • The Christmas Pact
  • A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine, #2)
  • Dating-ish (Knitting in the City, #6)

Laramie Briscoe is the USA Today & Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author of over 30 books.

When she's not writing alpha males who seriously love their women, she loves spending time with friends, reading, and marathoning shows on Netflix.

Laramie lives in Bowling Green, KY with her husband and a sometimes crazy cat named Beau.

She is represented by Two Daisy Media

Would you like to join her

Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team (3 books)
  • Ransom (Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team #1)
  • Suppression (Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team, #2)