Start by marking “Over the River and Through the Woods (Mindful Writers Retreat #2)” as Want to Read:
Over the River and Through the Woods (Mindful Writers Retreat #2)

Over the River and Through the Woods

(Mindful Writers Retreat Series #2)

A holiday pastiche from the authors of Mindful Writers Retreat, sure to light your festive candles!From a Thanksgiving snow storm that mends old feuds… to the family misunderstandings that fuel new ones… a quirky elf and some romantic stardust will get you ready to go Over the River and Through the Woods on a journey through time!
Published October 5th 2019 by Year of the Book Press

To ask other readers questions about Over the River and Through the Woods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Over the River and Through the Woods

Start your review of Over the River and Through the Woods (Mindful Writers Retreat #2)
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, read-in-2019
Over the River and Through the Woods is a collection of 21 short stories, poems, essays and recipes centred around the holiday season, and boy did they get me in the mood for the holiday! Each story features author that I previously discovered from reading Into the Woods and was excited to see what they had in store for this collection.

As this is a collection of short stories you can dip in an out of this book, I enjoyed the mix of fiction and non-fiction and I would love to say I have a
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Over the River and Through the Woodsis a collection of 21 short stories, poems, essays and recipes centred around the holiday season, and boy did they get me in the mood for the holiday! Each story features author that I previously discovered from reading Into the Woods and was excited to see what they had in store for this collection.

C.E. Hart
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
I love how reading stories can get me in the holiday spirit. Over the River and Through the Woods shares wonderfully festive and mysterious tales, and considering this is an anthology of twenty-one short stories, they contain unexpected depth. It’s difficult to pick a favorite because I enjoyed so many, but Thanksgiving Traveler and Christmas Pearl really spoke to me.

The stories are told is varying tenses and points of view, and various ranges of wild, weird, and wonderful. Each author’s unique
Shelly
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading Into the Woods from the previous retreat, I couldn't wait to dive into another collection of short stories from an inspirational group of authors. My TBR list has grown exponentially! Winter has come to visit us in Tennessee a bit early so this made for a cozy, indoor read over a few days. Short stories always pack a punch from start to finish and none disappointed! The variety of writing styles and themes (centered around the winter/holiday season) make it easy to put down and ...more
Debbie Sherrer
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What could be better than a book full of diverse and enchanting stories to get one into the Christmas spirit? This book will definitely find your Christmas spirit even if it's buried deep within.
Below are two stories from the book that will leave you wanting to read more. This book is full of short stories, and poems from 21 authors. There is even a recipe for Black and White Cheesecake Bars.
This book would make a great gift for someone who loves the holidays and all that the holidays mean.
Sonya Neal
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a fun, varied collection of holiday stories, and a great way to kick off the holiday season! This book is a collection of short stories, of different genres from different authors, but with a prevailing holiday theme.

Each of the stories is only a few pages long, but they pack a lot of heart (and holiday spirit) in each of the stories. My one complaint is that I really wanted many of them to continue! I would love for several of them to be rewritten into full-length books!

I have
Natalie
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Over the River and Through the Woods is such a fun and festive collection of short stories, poems, essays and more with an array of fiction, non-fiction, romance, and even a story with a recipe! It is such a festive and mysterious collection, all centered around the holiday season. It is a great group of inspirational authors and a perfect medley of stories to get you in the Christmas spirit. I really enjoyed each and every story, especially The Christmas Tree by Kathleen Shoop.
Tracey
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
* I have volunteered to share my review and all the opinions are 100% my own *

This is a lovely collection of twenty one short stories to get you into the holiday spirit for Christmas from the authors of Mindful Writers Retreat, all with there different style of writing and an assortment of fiction and non-fiction which will keep your imagination going.

@beckvalleybooks #bvbtours
Evelyn
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great collection of holiday tales from a variety of writers and writing styles. A great way to get into the holiday spirit. I think my favorite was "The Gift", a story of a modern-day Mary (Ann) and Joe finding a child just before Christmas.
Lindsay
Over the River and Through the Woods reminds me of the song or even poem that you sing on your way to Grandma's when you are going their to eat at Thanksgiving. If this Title did not remind you of that I do not know why.

The Title did this and I could not forget the song or poem that pops into my mind when it did. I would love to have download the one I found that sing the complete song of this title but it seem to be hard. There seem to be different versions of this song.

This book has different
Susan
Nov 19, 2019 added it
I selected “Over the River and Through the Woods” due to its lovely cover. It made me think of Christmas and beautiful settings. This is not a typical book, but a collection of short stories written by members of a writing group.

So, as you can imagine this collection was all over the place. There were sweet stories of days gone by — one science fiction tale seemingly on another planet — one story taking place in a bar where a patron throws one of his discarded fingers (yep) into a drink —
Jessica
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Reese Rohr
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

I like books with short stories, read one then back to the to do list. Christmas is such a special time loved the general theme.
Wende
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing collection of stories to warm your heart and get you into the holiday spirit. I love that the proceeds from this go to the Ligonier Camp and Conference Center. A wonderful anthology for a very worthy cause.
Abigail Drake
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Phil Giunta
Oct 06, 2019
Nicki Conroy
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don't usually go for an anthology but this one has exceeded my expectations. I love reading about holidays and holiday traditions. Each story in Over the River and Through the Woods gave me some of that to think on. I wondered about my own traditions and putting them in writing.

If you are a lover of Hallmark Christmas movies, you will want to pick up a copy of Over the River and Through the Woods. You will not be disappointed. I have volunteered to share my review and all the opinions are 100%
Sharon Martin
Shelly Peterson
Renata
Jeanna Massman
Nov 18, 2019

• Home for Christmas (Shores of Indian Lake #12)
  • A Perfect Tree
  • Darling Hedgehog: Goes Down a Foxhole
  • A Silver Willow by the Shore
  • Whole-Identity A Brain-Based Enneagram Model for (W)Holistic Human Thriving
  • Amish Front Porch Stories: 18 Short Tales of Simple Faith and Wisdom
  • The Bright Unknown
  • The Art of Remembering
  • The Art of Rivers (Coastal Hearts #3)
  • Easy Cake Cookbook: 75 Sinfully Simple Recipes for Bake-and-Eat Cakes
  • 100 Extraordinary Stories of Prayer for Courageous Girls: Unforgettable Tales of Women of Faith
  • The Lost Pulse
  • The Heart of a King (The Loves of King Solomon #1-4)
  • 100 Words of Affirmation Your Husband Needs to Hear
  • The 30-Minute Vegetarian Cookbook
  • 100 Words of Affirmation Your Wife Needs to Hear
  • Are We Still Friends?
  • Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said
Bestselling author, Kathleen Shoop, holds a PhD in reading education and has more than 20 years of experience in the classroom. She writes historical fiction, women’s fiction and romance. Shoop’s novels have garnered various awards in the Independent Publisher Book Awards, Eric Hoffer Book Awards, Indie Excellence Awards, Next Generation Indie Book Awards and the San Francisco Book Festival. ...more

Mindful Writers Retreat Series (2 books)
  • Into the Woods (Mindful Writers Retreat Series, #1)