Start by marking “The Me Too Girl” as Want to Read:
The Me Too Girl

The Me Too Girl

Young Los Angeles public relations exec Suzie Fox is being blackmailed for sex by a bad cop, a senior officer of the LAPD no less. Suzie fights back the only way she knows how, and, in the process, unwittingly becomes a beacon, a shining light, for America's Me Too movement and for abused women everywhere. But will justice be served?
Published November 5th 2019 by Sterling Gate Books

To ask other readers questions about The Me Too Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Me Too Girl

Start your review of The Me Too Girl
Grady
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A literary amber/red alert!

New Zealand novelist and screenwriter Lance Morcan is a former journalist and newspaper editor with twenty published books to his credit. He regularly writes in collaboration with his son James Morcan, an actor, writer, podcast host and producer who resides in Sydney, Australia. Together they have published twenty-five novels as a team, many in multiple languages. According to the authors, ‘This novel is dedicated to abused women everywhere – and to those individuals
Sterling Gate Books
NB: This is a review from the publisher.
Todd Simpson
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic story that really caught my attention. It’s amazing to read something that can move you emotionally and strike a chord with what’s relevant and happening in the world today. I found myself sad one moment and angry the next, and this is what I love about reading when Author’s like Lance & James Morcan can connect with the reader through a wonderful piece of writing.
Susan Fox was trying to get her life back on track after leaving home at a young age, to what she hoped
Pam
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Me Too Girl is written by Lance and James Morcan. This book deals with sexual abuse, drugs, blackmail, and exoneration. I was just stunned when I finished the book. My first reaction was, “Oh, My Gosh”. I was in tears when I finished as it was so emotional. Although it deals with such terrible topics, the book is not sensationalized in any way.
Suzie Fox has been abused by her stepfather and when her family supported him, she left for Los Angeles. Here, she tried to get on her feet but ended
Lynelle Clark
An ARC was gifted to me by the authors.

This is a short read, quick and direct but filled with empowerment for all women around the world. When Suzie Fox decides to stand up for herself women cheered her on.
This is a subject that is very important to all womenfolk. Through Suzie's story, we say, this is enough.
The fact that the case never went to court did leave with a bitter taste but at least one culprit is off the street while other women in similar situations are set free.
An impressive
Linda
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice short story about a girl who dared.

Thank you, Mr. Morcan, for the read.
Ray Foy
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Me Too Girl is a sympathetic woman-in-jeopardy novella that supports and “amens” the Me Too movement. It is a story praiseworthy in what it is attempting to do, but falls short in the telling.

AN ALL-TOO-COMMON SCENARIO

The story-line of The Me Too Girl is an unfortunately common scenario where women are abused by a male authority figure. Suzie Fox is a young woman who has brought herself out of an abusive home environment, through bad teenage decisions that had her working as a prostitute for
Sheri
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Me Too Girl by Lance Morcan

Suzie fox is a young woman with a great job in Los Angeles. Then she gets harassed by a police officer who tries to blackmail her to keep him quiet. She refuses to have sex for silence, decides to fight back, and finds herself a voice of hope for the Me Too movement.

A fast faced story with a realistic plot. Suzie is not perfect, she has a rough past but refuses to let that affect her future. No longer wanting to be a victim she is fierce and won't back down. I
Sylvia
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have already written a positive review on Amazon.
Harm
Jan 15, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy fast read of a current topic by insightful male family team

Entertaining story of Suzie, who turned her life around. A bit shallow and no surprises, but great tempo and chapter cuts. Will keep you longing for more or force you to read it in one night. Pace and language fine, content could be better.
Janet Colbert
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't put the book down and I didn't want it to end.
Gaylinn
Dec 18, 2019
Krishna
Dec 05, 2019
Lance Morcan
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Emma
Jan 12, 2020
Kaye Kelly
Nov 11, 2019
James Morcan
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Meera
Rachelle CH
Angela
Dana
Underground Knowl...: The Me Too Girl/Movement 17 69 Jan 17, 2020 03:36PM
Romance Readers R...: THE ME TOO GIRL a new release crime-thriller 1 4 Nov 08, 2019 03:22PM

• Blue Moon (Jack Reacher, #24)
  • Knife (Harry Hole, #12)
  • The Girl Who Lived Twice (Millennium, #6)
  • The Spitfire Girls
  • Every Thing You Are
  • Nine Elms (Kate Marshall, #1)
  • Spring House
  • And Then You Loved Me
  • Where The Story Starts
  • The Greatest Football Teams of All Time (A Sports Illustrated Kids Book): A G.O.A.T. Series Book
  • A Dangerous Man (Elvis Cole, #18; Joe Pike, #7)
  • The Tale Teller
  • Murder on Birchleaf Drive: The True Story of the Michelle Young Murder Case
  • The Perfect Wife (Jessie Hunt #1)
  • Stay
  • My Big Fat Fake Wedding
  • No One Is Perfect: The True Story Of Candace Mossler And America's Strangest Murder Trial
New Zealand novelist and screenwriter Lance Morcan is a prolific author with more than 20 published fiction and non-fiction books to his credit as well as several screenplay adaptations of his work. A former journalist and newspaper editor, he regularly writes in collaboration with his son James Morcan, and their books are published by Sterling Gate Books.

The father-and-son team's published books