Start by marking “Cold Queen” as Want to Read:
Cold Queen

Cold Queen

(Sinister Fairy Tales)

From USA Today Bestselling Author K Webster, comes a dark, fantasy romance standalone novel!

In a cold, empty castle, a young queen is dying.
Weak. Fragile. Disgraced.
But Queen Whitestone is not alone in her final days.
She has her beloved sister.

Until a wicked king rides onto her land.
Arrogant. Insufferable. Demanding.
King Bloodsun has come with an offer…peace in trade for a bride.
Published October 29th 2019 by K. Webster (first published October 27th 2019)

Start your review of Cold Queen
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description
description This book was ALL kinds of awesome. I am usually not a huge fan of fantasy type books, and I honestly can't stand FROZEN 😂 but this story was just a complete hit from beginning to end. Fantastic writing. Great world building. Hot sex. No OW or OM drama. Excellent secondary characters. A very likable hero and heroine, and a very sweet happily ever after (I wonder if the kids will get stories of their own??!!). Really, not much left to say. This Sinister Fairy Tales Series series is certainly off to a
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
As soon as I saw this I just had to have it!! Then the reviews came in, then it started getting posted EVERYWHERE!! And as soon as this went live I went one clicking!
God I don’t know what to say! But what I can say is how unique this was to me. I’ve not read/or watched anything quite like this before!
Unexpected, Unique, Undeniably good!
Jade Violet
Cold Queen was absolutely kick ass and my first fairy tale EVER including childhood. And I couldn't be happier losing my FT V card to this book and to K. Webster. The world she created was fantastical and eerie and felt like a fairy tale, a delicious taste of dark, sexy and wicked. I felt like I was reading a cross between Frozen and Game of Thrones and I loved every single word of it!

The Cold Queen is Elzira, Queen Whitestone, Ruler of the North Icelands, Commander of the Eyes of th
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Cold Queen was bloody brilliant!! I'm a huge fan of retellings and this story satisfied every craving I had. I think my daughters have made me watch Frozen more than a dozen times and from my first viewing, I always wanted it to be Elsa who found true love. I found Anna to be lame. Boring. Elsa was the ruler, the one with magic, the one who claimed my interest. She has the ability to manipulate ice and snow! K Webster gave me the story that I always wanted and I'm so in love with Elzira and Ryke!

What have you doRyke!
warhawke
Genre: Dark Fantasy Romance
Type: Standalone book from Sinister Fairy Tales collection
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Queen Elzira Whitestone reigned the Norta Icelands since she was very young. For years she protected her land and her beloved sister while she slowly dying from an ever-present illness.

King Ryke Bloodsun of Souta Volcanoes craved to conquer the unknown lands beyond her border. His ambition brought him to her castle with a proposal to merge their kingdoms. But what he found there was more than he bargained for.

I lovDual
Rating:collection
POV:Romance
Type:
CC

Queen Elzira Whitestone rules the Norta Icelands, but her powers and strength are diminishing. It isn’t until the fiery King Ryke Bloodsun arrives from the Souta Volcanoes to form an alliance with the Queen as a means to access the Hidden Lands. She isn’t about to concede to Ryke the truth seeker, but circumstances arise causing Elzira, The Punisher of The Damned, to summon her powers.

“So close to death, my queen. You simply needed a dark king to bring you back to life.”

Told in dual POV, the chemis
NiCoLeTa E.
***4,25 "The Volc and The Punisher!!!" stars***

Wow!!!! Just... wow!!! I'm really impressed with these retellings!!!
Not only with "Cold Queen", but "Venom" by Dee Garcia, as well!!!!
Honestly, i'm waiting impatient the next books in this brilliant project!!!!
Every story is soooo unique, even though something remind us!!!
Something that we have heard a thousand times before, but these retellings are unique in their own way and I'm finding myself enjoying them way too much!!!!
Who dmuch!!!!
Who
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-romance
K.Webster has delivered a very clever retake on Elsa and Anna's story from Frozen. She spins the fairytale into a dark action-packed romance full of delicious fantasy elements to bring the story to life.
It has a Game of Thrones vibe to it which I really loved. I enjoyed the characters Kristi created, using the original character's elements, she intertwined them with her brilliant, and creative imagination.
Sexy, dark, cold and dangerous. This is one Sinister Fairytale you won't want to mis
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
I'll never be able to watch Frozen with my kids again 😂😂 this was good! It surprised me how much I enjoyed it
He had experience, she was a virgin and at the end they had lots of kids! H helped h rediscover her badassery! With the right amount of filthy yummy goodness...... I may do an instant reread 😂
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
thumbnail_ColdQueen_Live2

This is a fantasy romance novel and a very enjoyable one at that.
The first thing that struck me here was Elziras resemblance to the Snow Queen with her cold icy castle and outward appearance.
But this is no over-romanticized fairytale it had a much edgier and darker overtone whilst at the same time was still a really sweet love story despite the bloodshed involved.
So Elzira is the reigning queen of the Norta Icelands, Queen Whitestone after the untimely death of her father, she is also the punisher of the damned.
So Ryka the Truthseeker a
SimplyƝì₭
The Punisher! 5 ❤

Queen Whitestone was cold, weak and dying, when her life changed forever. In this sexy dark fairytale K Webster masterfully draws you into this magical kingdom of light and fire. I was breathless reading this. I wanted Queen Eriza to win, to find redemption and love. Enter King Bloodsun. He consumes her. His fire literally breathes life into her.

“Tonight, you’ll bow for me, Cold Queen. And then I’ll spend the rest of the night worshiping you between your thighs.”

The Punisher! 5 ❤️

GET.THIS.BOOK!!!
If you enjoy fairytales as a child this is an ADULT series for you. The latest installment of the Sinister Fairytale Collection comes Cold Queen. K Webster hooks you with a fire and ice romance between two enigmas. Queen Elzira Whitestone is an Ice Queen who reigns over the Damned in the Norta Icelands. She is known as the Punisher for her ability to conjour the weather and kill her opponents. Yet, she watches guard from her ice tower as she is dying. Then comes sexy King Ryke Bloodsun. He comes to her kingdom seeking a bride and passage way into the Hidden Lands. Their tale of love will have your heart racing.
This reminds me of Rapunzel and Frozen with lots of adult action. You won't regret this purchase. Buy this book.
Pre-Order Cold Queen: A Dark Retelling

3 Frozen Stars ⭐ ...more
Natalia
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4,5 stars
Read it in one go and love it!

This book was the right mix of alpha male, feisty ice queen and cruel, dark couple!!
Sex was so hot it literally caught on fire!

That epilogue made me swoon!!
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
*3.5 stars*
Melanie (mells_view)
”So close to death, my queen.
You simply needed a dark king to bring you back to life.”

3.5 stars.

So this book is like a quick dark romance, with fantasy wrapping paper. Sort of a loose alt-universe mash-up of Frozen & GOT plots. Maybe even a smidge of TWD thrown in there. I personally enjoyed this quick take on a fantasy read, but I think one of the joys of fantasy is that there is at least some sort of torturous slow build. Whether it be from the romance or the main angs
Darlene I read to many boooks
Mirjam

Cold Queen is a quick, glacial read with a dark spin on the Disney classic Frozen , with the lovely Queen Elsa of Arendelle and her sweet sister Anna.

Cold Queen of the Norta Icelands & The Punisher of The Damned, Elzira Whitestone has been forced to to become queen from a very young age Overnight I went from frightened girl to ruling queen., when her father was killed.
Fading away in her ice castle, probably suffering from the same disease that took her mother, Elzira is expecting and waiting for the arrival of the K
Nina
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Trust in your gift. Deep inside, it lives. One day, you will find it and you will use it. Never be afraid to use it.”

Cold Queen is the first book released in the Sinister Fairy Tales Collection. Not my first read of many by this author but my first fantasy read. If anyone could get me to fall in love, it would be K. Webster as she has with aliens in The Lost Planet series. I was intrigued to read this dark fairy tale retelling. Once I started, I couldn’t put it down. It wasn’t what I expected. It
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.5 Stars / 4 Steam Fans

Queen Elzira Whitestone of the Northa lands is dying but holding on to save her sister. King Ryke Bloodsun of the Southa lands and want to take control of the Westa and Easta lands to fight against an unknown enemy in the unknown lands past Northa. This story took me by surprise how much I truly enjoyed it. Ryke come in and takes control over Elzira's inner court to start negotiations and through the hostal takeover secrets are revealed. I really, really enjoyed this story,
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
Q:
You can’t warm up what doesn’t want to be anything but cold. (c)

We start at 5 stars:
+1 star: For it being The Very Sinister Fairy Tales!
- 1 star: Maybe too sinister, since there are some ludicrous things:
Q:
“I am a queen. A vicious ruler. You think I would bow to you, Volc?” she scorns. “You’ve made your obnoxious proposal and now it is time for you to leave.” (c)
- 1 star: for food issues. Forcefeeding someone? Not eating at all? They do it all like it
Miftahul
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Trust your instinct. Trust only yourself. Trust in the cold.”

title- cold queen
Author- k webster
Genre- fantasy, romance
Publish- october 29 2019
Amazon- Cold Queen: A Dark Retelling https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YN29ZM3/...

♥♥♥♥

standalone book by k webster Elzira is dying and the brutal king from the south wants to marry her sister. She is known as the punisher, the cold queen but her powers are fading. Ryke thought the rumours about the cold queen being cruel were true until he met her which was a piece o/>
Allyson
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by Enticing Journey Book Promotions and author!!! YAY!!!!

This was such a great book!!! Elzira and Ryke whooooo were they insanely hot together!! I kinda figured out the plot before the ending but it still didn't take away from the story. I love a story where both the H and h are strong characters. Elzira kicked some major butt with the help of Ryke basically bringing her back to life. Held my attention to the very end!!! Loved it!!!
Amy March (Between the Screens)
Okay, this confirms it. Let there be no doubts... K Webster can officially write ANY genre with poise, grace and an intensity that is simply unparalleled. Her new foray into the fantasy realm is beyond successful. It’s downright magical.

This story has all the classic Kristi signatures with a thousand new little decadent flourishes. She delivers a genius and original storyline that captures your mind, body and soul. Even though this one is dubbed a ‘retelling’ based on the characters, there is n
Denise ☾ Chatterbooks Book Blog ☾
✨ DREAMY’S REVIEW ✨

SO. FUCKING. BRILLIANT.

I cannot, I mean, cannot even express to you how much this book slayed me.

K Webster never, ever fails me. I always love everything she comes out with, I’m so addicted to her words!!!

Cold Queen blew my ever loving mind! I love retellings and this right here is absolute PERFECTION! Frozen, have you ever seen it? Well you don’t technically have to now ;) If you’re into dark, steamy, and angsty books... TRUST ME WHEN I TELL YOU THAT YOU NEED T
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐

I've only ever read contemporary work by this author so wasn't sure what to expect here. I have to say I think she did a fantastic job of writing a twisted fairytale. For me it was more grey than truly dark, but the intrigue and fast paced plot was still hugely entertaining and well executed.

Very, very loosely based on 'Frozen' this tale of Fire verses Ice is one I can happily recommend. The chemistry between Elzira and Ryke was so powerful it exploded off the page, a violent and compelli
RJ
Badass heroine with an obsessed hero, my fav! I could've done without her being a virgin & all but at least his past wasn't thrown in my face at every page. I loved how protective & possessive he became of the h immediately even though he went to them to marry the younger sister. That part was a non-issue. Surprising read I really enjoyed!

Also, are there more books planned for this world? It sounded like the kids had a story at the end.
Amber- Leave Me Alone I'm Reading
OMG, I loved this book so much! K. Webster is one of my absolute favorite authors and she just never disappoints! Cold Queen was everything I love in book. It’s dark, sexy, and twisted. Strong, lethal heroines are my jam! Add in a sexy, dangerous king and I am one happy reader. I definitely recommend this one!
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jess ~
A devilishly dark and grown-up fairytale.

Elzira Whitestone is the dying queen of the north. She is slowly fading away. She has lost many of her gifts, she is isolated and she is about to receive some quests she is not looking forward to.

Ryke Bloodsun, is the firey and deadly king of the south who want to gain access to the Hidden Lands and take control of the other two lands. He believes he will accomplish that fete by forcing a marriage. Not only is he the firestarter but also the Trut
Skylar
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I adored this book!⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Elzira is the Queen of Whitestone, ruler of the Norta Icelands. When she's paid a visit by Ryke, King Bloodsun, ruler of the Souta Volcanoes, her whole universe unravels. Elvira is dying and Ryke has come to unify their kingdoms (through marriage to her sister) and to explore the land of the untouchables. He was not expecting the light to his dark and the ice to his fire in the Cold Queen.
Their time together soon changes everything, including Elzira's health and the st
Maryse's Book Blo...: Cold Queen BR *SPOILERS* 33 24 Nov 01, 2019 01:27PM

• Venom
  • Breaker
  • Daddy Me
  • Choke Me
  • Watch Me
  • Underneath the Sycamore Tree
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Hurt Me
  • Written in Red (The Others, #1)
  • Collateral
  • Damage
  • LAKE (Trinity Academy #3)
  • Desperate to Touch
  • Love Drunk (Love Me Duet #1)
  • Calico Descending (Juniper Unraveling, #2)
  • Feast of Sparks (Thornchapel, #2)
  • Fallen Saint (All The Pretty Things, #2)
  • Beautiful Beloved (Beautiful Bastard, #3.6)
K Webster is a USA Today Bestselling author. Her titles have claimed many bestseller tags in numerous categories, are translated in multiple languages, and have been adapted into audiobooks. She lives in "Tornado Alley" with her husband, two children, and her baby dog named Blue. When she's not writing, she's reading, drinking copious amounts of coffee, and researching aliens.

You can easily find

Sinister Fairy Tales (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Venom