Start by marking “Silly Tilly” as Want to Read:
Silly Tilly

Silly Tilly

Tilly is not an ordinary goose
Published March 1st 2009 by Two Lions

To ask other readers questions about Silly Tilly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silly Tilly

Melissa Christensen
What a great kids book!!

We all need to be more like silly tilly! More fun for everyone!! Be yourself and you will find happiness like silly tilly
Carol
Jul 27, 2009 rated it liked it
Is it possible to be too silly? It isn’t if you’re named Silly Tilly! Eileen Spinelli’s loveable Tilly, the “daffy-down-and-dilly-goose,” is the life of the farm until her silly hijinks get the best of her barnyard friends. With colorful, cartoon-like exaggeration, illustrator David Slonim’s farm animals chastise Tilly for her featherbrained shenanigans, figuratively clipping Tilly’s wings with “enough’s enough!” The scolded Tilly is a forlorn Tilly, with sadness threatening to spill from her ey ...more
Roy
Jul 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-children
Very cute story about a fun loving duck whose silly antics are not particularly appreciated by her peers until she agrees to refrain, at which point life on the farm quickly grows much duller as result. I wouldn't have thought that "sometimes you don't know what you've got till it's gone" was a message of much use to a toddler. Seems like you should have a bit more mileage on you before this invaluable lesson applies. Nevertheless, this book proved to be an instant winner with my 3-year old daug ...more
Sarah BT
Mar 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Oh, Tilly, you're just too cute! This book is told in rhyme and the illustrations add to Tilly's humor. I'm sure this one will have kids laughing as they read about Tilly taking a bath in apple juice and wearing a pancake for hat. It's a perfect Amelia Bedelia sort of book for young readers. I expect this one to do well in the Building Block Award voting and I think young readers will fall in love with Tilly and her antics.
Adamaris Jauregui
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Silly Tilly is book about a goose who is very silly and dose some crazy things but that begins bothering the other farm animals .I would recommend this book to someone who likes funny,silly and quick books.I liked this book the things that see dose are very silly.
Nia
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Silly Tilly is an amazing picture book for early readers! It's recommended for grades Pre-K and Kindergarten but it would be a great book to include in First Grade classes for struggling readers and whole group review. Silly Tilly tells the story of a funny goose on a farm but her silly antics annoy the other farm animals which leads to them asking her to stop being silly. However, the farm animals realize that life on the farm is boring without Tilly's goofiness so they ask her to go back to he ...more
Name
Jun 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Madison Fender
Oct 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Summary:
This book is about a goose named Tilly. As the title states, Tilly was very silly and the animals begin to become upset at how silly she is. Tilly decides to stop being silly and the other animals begin to realize that they missed the silliness of Tilly.

Teaching Point:
I think that by reading this book to the kids it would be a good opener for rhyming. This book is full of rhymes and you could also use it to teach poems as well.

Evaluation:
This was a super cute book. I loved how it was f
Max Gilbert
I enjoyed the story and am a sucker for a good rhyme, though neither here was what you'd call "groundbreaking" in any way. The convention of using barnyard animals to illustrate a point has been done before, and though the method is, without question, effective, it probably won't earn you extra points for originality. The illustrations, on the other hand, did feel original and inspired to me (in my very unprofessional opinion), giving the book a very unique personality.

All things considered, wh
Cara
Silly Tilly is a silly goose much to the annoyance of her fellow barnyard animals. When they tell her to stop with the antics, not only does it make Tilly unhappy, it makes them unhappy too as she was the source of their entertainment. They apologize and embrace the goofiness of their friend, laughing with her as she does goofy things.
Lexx
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am going to give it five stars... or rather my daughter is, she loved it and said she wanted me to read it again. I notice with some children's books that adults will give a rating based off their own opinion on the story, etc.. personally I have hated a few books I have read to my little one but she enjoyed it.... to me that is all that matters...whether or not she enjoyed it!
Nancy
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: animals
Tilly was a silly fun looking Goose. She was starting to get on the nerves of all the other animals, and they told her she needed to stop acting silly. As the days went by, that other animals noticed that there was no more fun on the farm. The realized it was because the goose wasn't being silly any more, and the soon got her to be her old fun loving self.
J
I read this book to three different sets of preschoolers, one of which is a group known to have short attention spans. This kept even their attention all the way to the end. It's funny and has a good message in the end.
Emily
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rhymes are very clever and extremely silly. Might work best with a slightly older group of preschoolers (4-5) due to the interesting wordplay, but the younger group I read to today (3-4) laughed at several spots.
Debbie Smith
Feb 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book
I'm not all that fond of stories in rhyme, and when I read this without looking at the illustrations (just to check out the story) it falls flat. The illustrations are what makes this a fun book in my opinion. The story has merit, but the pictures make it a fun book to read with children.
Vina
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AWESOME!!!

Sooooo good! My 1 year old actually listened to the ENTIRE story without wiggling away! 😂 I think the animals kept his attention.
Rebecca Conn
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

This is a great read. My nephew loves it. The rhyming story and colorful and clear pictures helped him follow the story. I enjoyed reading it to him.
Lee Ann
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
I don't remember too much about this book, but I'm sure I had fun reading it aloud. 2/5 stars.
Amber
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
4.8
Tim J Weaver
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nancy like it

Nancy liked the book a lot. She was a very happy tot. We finished silly Tilley tonight. Now we turn the lights off
Emily
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Strong, funny rhyme. Appeals to toddlers through first grade. I own this one. Moral: We often don’t appreciate what we have until it’s gone. The world is better with people who may be seen as absurd.
Kerry Worley
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So cute for 2nd grader!

I loved this book about a free-spirited goose! I read for "free" on Amazon unlimited-- kids loved it. Better than many for this age that I've paid for.
Teresa Rutkowski
Great Rhyming Book

My eight year old niece chuckled her way through this book of silly rhyming adventures of a cute duck and her family of farm animals.
Kristen Dutkiewicz
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
A fun rhyming children's book about a duck who just likes being silly!
Kristin M. Hilgart
Super funny great pictures

Silly fun and great pictures. 4 and 2 year olds loved it. Does suggest some things you wouldn't actually want your kids to do like feet in mayo.
Lonna Cottrell-Thompson
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Simon (9) and Max (5) say it's really funny especially when Tilly dipped her feet in mayonnaise. They loved the artwork too.
Amita Sehrawat
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Silly but funny

The kiddo loved the story because he found it very funny...😂😅

He obviously liked the character of Tilly the most...
leah ruggiero
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute

My 2 yr old liked it
Very cute and a nice quick read before bed time. Thank you silly tilly
Jade Brpodeur
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very fun and easy i loved it

This is such a good book it will put you in a good mood right away 5 stars for sure
Annette Redhair
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent art. Great rhymes

Loved every page. The best "is when he was upside down"
Can't wait to read more. Looking forward to silly Tilly.

• Ready for Anything!
  • Sylvie
  • Duck Soup
  • I Can Be Anything!
  • The Book That Eats People
Eileen Spinelli, wife of famed children's author Jerry Spinelli, is an award winning children's book author from southeastern Pennsylvania.