Start by marking “WILD HUNT: a vampire novella” as Want to Read:

WILD HUNT: a vampire novella

WILD HUNT
a vampire novella

by Nancy Kilpatrick

A sassy, legally-blind psychic.
A three centuries-old Transylvanian vampire.
Enemies. Each with their own endgame. Compelled to form a fragile alliance where every encounter crackles with as much attraction as repulsion.

This fast-paced, modern vampire novella vibrates with danger, treachery and Dark Romance. The plot twists and turns, the stakes arepulsion.

ThisKilpatrick

A

Published October 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about WILD HUNT, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about WILD HUNT

Start your review of WILD HUNT: a vampire novella
Nancy Kilpatrick
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Thanks to everyone for reading my novella! (sorry for the silliness of Goodreads making me review my own book so that I could say that!)
Shalini
Oct 21, 2019 rated it liked it
A novella which bespoke about the destiny of a psychic in the world of vampires which she was thrust into.

Loralei had lost her partial eyesight looking at a solar eclipse at the age of 8 but developed second sight soon. Under the tutelage of her late grandmother she could read the crystal ball and know her fate. A vampire entered her tent, and she was destined to help him

My first book by author Nancy Kilpatrick, the descriptions were detailed and authentic. I liked Lora, she showed
Caro Soles
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novella tells a rollicking sassy tale of an unlikely duo —one a nearly blind psychic teenaged girl, the other a centuries old vampire, a member of Vlad Tepesh family. Lorelei’s grandmother has foretold this meeting and that Lorelei must help him search out the vampire he needs to find using her crystal ball. Their ensuing travels are full of fun, adventure, a few shocks for Lorelei and a lot of sexual tension as the pair careen through the “usual vampire hot spots” in their search.

The stor
Beccy Thompson
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from TBC Reviewers request- Thank you
I love a Nancy Kiltpatrick book so was thrilled to be able to review this one, Wild Hunt is a well written vampire novella (circa 80 pages) but wow what Nancy does with those 80 pages!
A genuinely fantastic read!
Dariel Raye
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dark, Twisted, and Entertaining

"Wild Hunt" lives up to its title. This vampire/psychic adventure is a quick, entertaining read full of dark elements and an uneasy, dark romance between Lora and Vlad. Lora is what we call "legally blind" and has been since the age of 8. Although she can still see shadows and fuzzy images, her ability to move around independently is greatly impeded because she can only see small parts of people and things; however, she does not allow lack of vision to
Yvonne Davies
When I saw that this author was bringing out another vampire story, II knew that I must read it. One thing I enjoy about this author is that they can write a story that will get me hooked and this was no different. A new vampire and a new adventure.
Lorelei is partially sighted and with her psychic ability, she is very popular on the festival scene. However, her life will take a change when she is visited by Vlad, a dark brooding vampire who wants her to search for someone. And the hunt is
Pam Fox
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wild Hunt by Nancy Kilpatrick is a pocket sized tale of psychic abilities, fate and vampirii. If you've read any of Kilpatrick's books before you'll know her vampir come with a mix of gentleness and brutality, in some cases still showing faint traces of their human ancestry.
Lorelei has been left blind from a close encounter with an eclipse but can read tarot cards and her grandmother's crystal ball. She's at a fayre and her last customer is the vampir she's been expecting. He needs her hel
F.D. Gross
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gothic, tbc-reviews
A modern day novella Dracula (Stoker). Lorelei, a blind fortune teller with a crystal ball, comes across two vampire arch rivals. Some sinister plot to over throw the dark one is either one of the vampire’s destiny. Who’s to say who will be the victor? Searching all over Europe, the vampire only knows two things, kill the adversary and stay alive with precious human blood.

This vampire romance is filled with seduction and frightening scenes. Blood bathes the pages of this quick read.
Samantha Smith
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wild Hunt is a short vampire novella but boy does it pack a punch (or bite)!!

Lora is a partially sighted and has a physic ability which she developed at a young age who was destined to team up with an ancient vampire; both with their own agenda which makes for an interesting but dark story, full of twists and turns. The author does not shy away from the gore and violence but skilfully weaves the story and builds her characters well so you end up rooting for 'the bad guy'.

Dawn Higgins
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a modern day novella about a unlikely duo,a partially blind psychic girl Loralei and a centuries old vampire Vlad.
I love Nancy's books and this was no exception,even though it was only 80 pages,she sure packed a lot in them pages that had me hooked into this tale of the Vlad Tepesh family history and what part that Loralei played.
This was a dark tail of blood,carnage and love,it takes you on there journey through reading a cyrstal ball that was left Loralei by her grandmothe
Natasha du Plessis
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved all of the previous books written by Nancy Kilpatrick. I love reading Vampire books and when this one came up I decided to give it a try. This was a very short story and one where we could choose our own ending. I enjoyed the story and the two main characters. I would have loved to know what Vlad thought and how he perceived Lorelei, if he thought she was deceiving him, etc. This being told I enjoyed how she tried to interact with Vlad and assisted him on his quest. A Psychic and Vampire ...more
Carmel Breffit
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wild hunt is a short vampire novella of just over 80 pages where you can choose your own ending and experience from the book.

With a fantastic insight into the destiny of a psychic within the world of a vampires your transported into a world with a fresh twist given upon it.

As always the author has done detailed research and conveyed a massive amount of information across in such a short amount of space. A must read for sure.
E.A.C. Klemann
Oct 28, 2019
Victoria Barbour
Oct 28, 2019

• Monkspike: You Are Not Forgiven
  • Candy Canes and Buckets of Blood (Sprite Brigade Book 1)
  • The First Spell (The Weight of Magic episode 3)
  • Snowflakes at the Little Christmas Tree Farm: A cosy and uplifting Christmas romance
  • A Shaper's Promise (Aura Shaper #1)
  • Wrapped Up for Christmas
  • Nothing Important Happened Today
  • Savage Children (John Savage Action Thriller Book 3)
  • Voyeur
  • In the Absence of Miracles
  • Crooked Tree Ranch (Montana, #1)
  • Draven's Electus: Afterlife Saga (King of Kings Book 2)
  • Without a Compass
  • The Legacy
  • Four Christmases and a Secret
  • Deck the Demons: A Half-Blood Huntress Novella (Half-Blood Huntress Chronicles Book 0)
  • Naked or Dead