Start by marking “Edge Of Reason (Arrow's Edge MC #1)” as Want to Read:
Edge Of Reason (Arrow's Edge MC #1)

Edge Of Reason

(Arrow's Edge MC #1)

Brotherhood and beer meets single mom and apple pie.

I am a riding contradiction.
A scholar, a cynic, a brother, and a biker.

My name is Trunk.
I’m smart enough to recognize the chip on my shoulder, and cautious enough to keep it right where it is.

I am a misguided romantic.
A mom, a daughter, an agent, and a survivor

My name is Jaimie.
I’m strong enough to look after my family
ebook
Published December 9th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Edge Of Reason, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edge Of Reason

Start your review of Edge Of Reason (Arrow's Edge MC #1)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
One of the biggest reasons I love this author's work is how much heart she puts in her stories. She has no problem tackling heavy subjects and making these characters easy to relate to even if I've never experienced anything they have. I fall hard for them every time.

Trunk (Titus) is such a hardened hero. He's dealt with so much from the time he was a small child that by the time he's an adult, he's got a big old chip on his shoulder. You would think that would make him hard to like. Trunk is
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When Jaimie and Trunk come together at first, they barely connect. They've both got baggage. She in the form of distrust of men and being a single mom, and he because of his past. He comes across as grumpy and monosyllabic, and she comes across as almost too tough, at first. But once they start letting each other in, it's as if the walls come tumbling down and their true natures shine through.

I loved Jaimie and Trunk together. Their story is a bit heart-tugging, it's fast-paced and full of
Erin Lewis
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 star Review Edge of Reason (Arrow’s Edge MC #1) by Freya Barker

Freya Barker is a relatively new author to me. As with the other books I have read, this one was well written, with strong characters that you cannot help but become invested in and are easy to relate too.

Trunk (Titus) Rae has had a hard life but there is so much more to him than what is on the outside. He appears as tough as nails hard, and at times almost rude and abrupt. But underneath it all is a man who has been hurt, a man
Sandy Nikolas
Shelves: mc, 5-stars
Wow! I love her books, but this one is especially top notch. There’s a lot to deal with here. Trunk and Jamie face many hurdles. The road to their HEA is especially beautiful. There’s lots of heavy drama and suspense. So well written. I can’t wait for the next one.
Kim
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Jamie and Trunk were first introduced in Tracking Tahlula (part of the On Call series) and I was immediately wondering when their story would be coming our way. Fortunately we didn't have long to wait! Do not feel that you need to read Tahlula's story first as Trunk and Jamie's backstories are explained in Edge of Reason- but I will certainly recommend it if you haven't already read it ;-)

Jamie was too trusting once and it brought her nothing but misery... well almost nothing. She has 1
Pam
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yay... The Arrow's Edge MC is getting a series..... I am so excited. For a seasoned Barker reader, we have had a few peeks at this great group of men, who have turned their club into a legal entity who thrived on the feeling of family and brotherhood that an MC provided to wandering souls. But they have added another depth by helping troubled boys find a respectable path. For a new Barker reader, you will be able to read along and understand the MC without feeling lost, but I bet you will be ...more
Nicole Studioso
There is so much to say about Freya Barker's latest book, the first installment of her new Arrow's Edge MC series. We've met a lot of the characters in her previous On-Call books, but here we get a meaty and jucy story filled with real characters and a storyline that ferls ripped from the headlines.
Titus "Trunk" Rae is an angry cynical bkack man with a chip the size of Texas on his shoulder. He's a loner, enjoys his solitude away from people. He's a chld psychologist who yearns for a connection
Pamela
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jessica
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We meet both Jaimie and Trunk in the ‘Tracking Tahlula’. You can read this one on its own BUT, Evan and Tahlula are amazing and you should really start with their story to get the full picture of this story.
Your choice though.
I won’t make fun you.
(Okay, I will!)

Anyways, this is a story about a white lady and a black male who begin as friends and then become much more. These two have a wonderful romance story that progressed naturally. Such a sweet couple! I love how Trunk is with River!
And all
Maria Angie Mendoza
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding!
Bittersweet, passionate and emotional story that affirms that opposites do attract!
This smart, well paced story embarked on some sensitive subjects with grace and integrity.
Trunk and Jaimie’s story was truly a treat for the senses. This author always masterfully creates extraordinary characters out of ordinary folks. Trunk was a broody grouchy and uniquely fascinating. Jaimie is a strong independent starting new. Both have tons of baggage and odds stalked against them. When they meet
Carole Rockey-Noy
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Edge of Reason is Freya Barker’s first book in the new Arrow’s Edge MC series. I’ve been waiting for this series since I read about Luna and Ouray. Trunk and Jaimie are unlike any other couple I’ve read about. And not just because this book is about a black man and a white woman. It’s because this book is about a Man and a Woman who love beyond reason or race. Jaimie has been through a terrible marriage to a man with nothing but hate in his eyes and race on his mind. But she’d do it all again ...more
Heather
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Titus Maximus Rae aka “Trunk” met his match with Jaimie. Where Trunk is all hard edged, brooding and silent...Jaimie is sweet and soft with a core of steel.
I’ll be honest, I was worried I wouldn’t like Trunk. He was so surely. So broody. I never thought I’d fall for him. But I did. Hard. Every time he called Jaimie “little mama” I swooned. Every. Time.
Edge of Reason was well written. So believable. Trunk and Jaimie had all the hurtles you’d imagine they would go thru and they handled them
Sue
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An excellent book about a biker club and the trouble and times about racism. The club has gone legit and trying to stay that way when they start getting sabatoged. Titus aka Trunk is black and Jamie is white with a baby from a white supremist. There is a lot of danger, shootings and beatings and kidnapping. Titus will do anything to protect Jamie and her baby. The baby is really a funny guy. Trunk is not only a biker, but he's also a psychologist. A fantastic story and can't wait for the next ...more
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Trunk and Jamie's story will touch your heart and have you cheering for them on their road to a happily ever after. They have a lot of hurdles to get through before they get there but the story and their journey is a refreshing one to read. Freya has a way of telling stories that have you feeling like you are right there with the characters. You can see and almost feel the everything that they are experiencing.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a
Leigh Parrish
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s no secret I always enjoy this Author’s books so I was really excited to dive into her first book in this new series, Arrow’s Edge! I had been looking forward to Jaimie and Trunk’s story and it did not disappoint! It was easy to connect with them as a couple and the story kept my attention from start to finish. I loved the appearances by characters of previous books and I’m really excited to see what happens next with the men of Arrow’s Edge! If you’ve enjoyed other books by Freya Barker I ...more
Chrissy Parker
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another 5-star read, Freya never fails. This book is one that once you turn the first page your committed to the end, because it’s so good you can’t put it done. This book deals with so much. It deals with some tough topics such as racism and how people can’t see past the color of one’s skin. But also deals with love, courage and strength. Titus aka Truck member of the Arrow Edge MC child psychologist who falls for his sister ‘s friend Jamie, single mom who has been put through the wringer ...more
Lynn Newman
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Having already had a small introduction to Trunk in the fabulous Tracking Tahlula, and this is his book.
Trunk & Jaimie’s book begins with Jaimie’s move to begin her new life with her son River and first glimpse of Jaimie’s and Trunks interactions are not the smoothest. However, as we are shown more of their individual backstories, you can totally feel for both of them.
At times the subject matter is tough to read, but as ever Freya Barker gives us a book, that tackles these subjects head
Amanda Roden
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love the way Freya is able to do romantic suspense better than most. I also love that she uses "older" characters. Trunk and Jamie are two of my all-time favorite characters of Freya's. I am looking so forward to this entire series!
Robin
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing story from Freya Barker. This is the first book in her spin off of the Arrow’s Edge MC. Titus Maximus Rae “Trunk” is Tahlula’s brother who we met in Tracking Tahlula. Jamie is Tahlula’s assistant and has recently moved to Durango with her infant son to start a new life.

This story moved me so much. Truck and Jaimie had this undeniable chemistry but life experiences made Trunk a hard man with many demons. Jaimie had her own issues she was dealing with but saw something in Trunk
Rosheen
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a story I needed to reflect upon (a good sign :) Before reviewing however certainly very well worth a read. I have prepurchased an amazon copy which I’m keeping, however was fortunate to get my hands on an ARC. Certainly a good solid 4 stars, kept me engaged, once again Freya’a characters had lived a life that impacted their perspective, responses to situations and each other. I also happen to like the main characters and the writing of their interactions. Though did feel V. occasionally ...more
Island Girl Romance Reads
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Freya Barker does it again. Another amazing book that had me hooked from the beginning till the last page.
This story is one of my favorites ever bu her. It’s so well written. So many emotions while reading this book, I’ve swooned, fell in love with Trunk. I was also mad, sad that this is the reality of many people.
Titus Maximus Rae “Trunk”, is a child psychologist and member of the Arrow’s Edge MC. I confess, after Tracking Tahlula I was intrigued how Freya would get me to like or even fall in
Rogetwhi
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED this one! Just wish it had an epilogue! ...more
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)

Also Posted on For The Love of Fictional Worlds

Disclaimer: An eARC was provided via Buoni Amici Press and the Author as part of the Blog Tour. The Thoughts, opinions & feelings expressed in the review are therefore, my own.

It is not a secret that I absolutely adore Freya Barker’s works – not only does she constructs plots that easily engage my attention; she also creates characters, whom you can’t help but adore, empathise and cheer for, from the start till the end.

For an already fan
Karen Hrdlicka
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just when I think I've read the best book Freya Barker comes out with a new one releases that proves me wrong. Edge of Reason is that book for me. I've loved everything I've read by Ms. Barker and I get super excited when she starts a new series. Edge of Reason is the first book in her new Arrow's Edge MC series. The reader has seen several of the members in some of her other books and I cannot wait to see who gets their stories. Trunk, the hero of this book, was introduced as Tahlulah's ...more
mellidiezahnfee
#thanks for the ARC #ilovedurango #arrowsedgemc

Oh yeah, this one is hard stuff. Nearly blasted my marriage :)
I wasn't able to put the book aside. Laundry ? What ? Not yet...just 150 Pages to go....
Dishes ? What? Never mind just 10 Pages to go...
Now I'm finished and Hubby is soothed, thank God.

Just searching for a word..... And I noticed that every word sucks. Yes, this book is a so - called interracial - romantic - suspense. Whoa, and that’s the problem in general (and the theme of this book.).
Carvanz
I was so excited to read Trunk’s story and Ms. Barker did not disappoint.

description

Trunk is broody and a bit standoffish, especially when it comes to Jaimie. But when he lets himself take a chance with her, he falls fast and hard. With a strong protective instinct, he often makes decisions before discussing them with her and they have a bit of a learning curve to figure out how to manage this issue.

Jaimie is a strong independent heroine but she’s also got scars from the way her ex treated her. She doesn’t
Renee
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Brotherhood and beer meets single mom and apple pie.
My name is Trunk. I am a riding contradiction. A scholar, a cynic, a brother and a biker. My name is Trunk. I'm smart enough to recognize the chip on my shoulder, and cautious enough to keep it right where it is.
I am a misguided romantic. A mom, a daughter, an agent, and a survivor. A mom to a daughter, an agent, and a survivor. My name is Jaimie.
Jacquie
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about Freya Barker and Edge of Reason? Well, if you've read any of her books, you already know just how incredibly talented this woman is...and if you've read any of my reviews of her books, you already know she's one of my FAVE unicorn authors! I find I repeat myself frequently when it comes to her books, because there aren't enough words in my vocabulary to describe just how awesome they really are! She amazes me with every single one!!! Trunk (Titus) and Jaime's story is no ...more
Lisa Cullinan
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Another incredible read

Edge of Reason is a fantastic start to the Arrow’s Edge MC series.
As always, Freya Barker doesn’t disappoint.

The storyline revolves around Jaime, a feisty thirty-eight-year-old who has recently moves to Durango with her baby, River, after taking a job to work for Tahlula Rae, a famous author.

Trunk is a member of Arrow’s Edge MC and Tahlula’s brother. He’s a psychologist who helps out troubled adolescent boys the club takes in and mentors, as well as a
Sarah Dale
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
My friend is always raving about Freya Barker's writing and with this great to this new series I can see why. I am seriously looking forward to seeing what is going to come next with this series.
. he
In this book she has tackled some very serious and heavy subjects but she has done it in a brilliant way. The characters in this book seriously embedded themselves in my heart with this one.

Trunk, aka Titus, is a gentle giant. He may look like a huge, tough guy and unapproachable but he seriously
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • Then There Was You
  • Infatuation (Underground Kings #4)
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • No Broken Beast (Heroes of Heart’s Edge, #3)
  • Beauty and the Badge (Charlotte's Cove #1)
  • Silver Brewer (The Silver Foxes of Blue Ridge)
  • Lethal Balance (Sons of the Survivalist, #2)
  • The Fall of Legend (Legend Trilogy, #1)
  • A Coyote Ridge Christmas (The Walkers of Coyote Ridge #6.5)
  • Wonder With Me (With Me In Seattle, #11.5)
  • Defending Morgan (Mountain Mercenaries, #3)
  • Nix (Daring the Kane Brothers, #4)
  • Daddies of the Castle: A Masters of the Castle Anthology
  • Cherished (Club Indigo, #4)
  • Wrong Side of the Tracks (Hope Valley #4)
  • Out of the Darkness (Hope Valley Book 6)
  • Blaire (Corked and Tapped, #9)
Freya Barker loves writing about ordinary people with extraordinary stories.
Driven to make her books about 'real' people; with characters who are perhaps less than perfect, but just as deserving of romance, thrills and chills, and some hot, sizzling sex in their lives.

Recipient of the ReadFREE.ly 2019 Best Book We've Read All Year Award for "Covering Ollie", the 2015 RomCon Reader’s Choice Award