Start by marking “Built to Last (Hidden Hearts Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Built to Last (Hidden Hearts Book 1)

Built to Last

(Hidden Hearts #1)

A one-week road trip.
Two relationship-phobic adults.
What could go wrong?

Max Carmichael finally has a shot to work with a legendary music producer and be something more than a band manager. But first, he has to demonstrate his skill by taking a road trip to scout new acts. The new job will give him the money he needs to help his parents with their struggling London pub
Published October 7th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Built to Last, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Built to Last

Coco.V
Sep 27, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
💝 ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. 💝
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
3.5/5 Stars

Disclaimer: I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions in my review are my own.

This is an enemies-to-lovers style romance that had well-developed characters and an intriguing plot.

I liked the world-building in this book. We get to see many different locations and the author did a great job of taking me there with the writing.

I admit that it took me a while to really get into the story. It started off a little slow while the auth
Shirley Cuypers
2.5/5*
Tabatha
To find more Richly Written review, visit my blog:

This is my first time reading anything by Kate McBrien, and I'd definitely come back for seconds!

Built to Last opens with our protagonists living worlds apart, and not just because of the ocean separating them. Max is an up and coming music producer based in London. We get a swift introduction to his family, their pub The Carmichael Arms, and a peak into his sister's life that'll be important down the line.  Althea on the other hand, is living in the beautiful S
Jeannie Zelos
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Built to Last, Hidden Hearts Book 1, Kate McBrien

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre: Romance

I loved the Indigo Trilogy, and this is a spin off of characters from that, but you don't need to read it to follow this story, its a stand alone read.

I remember Althea and Max from the Indigo books but only vaguely, and they felt very much like new characters for me.
I loved Max, taciturn, loving but troubled family and wanting to further his career in the di
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want to start out by stating for the record that I'm a HUGE fan of the talented Kate McBrien, and she's certainly on my go to list, however, it pained me to not give Built to Last the perfect rating. I'm not sure if it's just my head space at the moment, but this story started out slow for me. And while I LOVE how Ms. McBrien made sure we could a true read on the hero/heroine as she developed them separately, I feel like there could be just a tad less. Anyway, just wanted to get that out of my ...more
Comfy Couch Book Reviews
Loved this first book in the new Hidden Hearts series from Kate, its a spinoff from the incredible With You series and we get to check in with many of the same characters including Justin and Lucy.

This story features housekeeper and Grateful Dead fan Althea and the former Indigo Manager Max. They first meet at Justin and Lucy's wedding at their villa on Santorini. Although Max has an aversion to redheads due to a past disastrous relationship he is as intrigued by Althea as she is wit
The Romance Enthusiast (Ruby)
This is my fourth book from Kate Mcbrien and this one is more traditionally written than her predecessors. Built To Last is a enemies-to-lovers book that starts out a little on the slow side but that builds each characters personalities traits up before they connect. I found this more intriguing than annoying because I absolutely hate insta-love.

Keep in mind that you don't have to read the Indigo Series to read this standalone but it definitely helps with certain scenes in this book.

I found ea
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
Built to Last is the first book in the Hidden Hearts series by Kate McBrien. It is a spin-off series to the Indigo Series where we first meet Max and Althea. I was looking forward to their book after they met in Greece to be with Justin and Lucy. The synopsis explains the book perfectly so I will make this fast.

Max and Althea are both at a crossroads in life. Max wants to move into the production side of the music industry and Althea wants to open a restaurant. For them to achieve their dreams
Ga Books LoverX
Stick with me hear guys because I truly enjoyed reading this book and give it a 3.5 outta 5 review, I just felt it could be a little bit stronger. I hada little trouble connecting with both our leading lady and our main man, though I was able to understand Max just a bit more than Althea. This might just be a personal preference, but there were just things about them both that rubbed me the wrong way.

That being said, I really liked the overall story line in the book and even though it felt as i
Emma L
Oct 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story covers characters that have featured in Kate McBrien other series. You do not need to read the other series as this book reads as a standalone.

This story focusses on Max & Althea and how their complex friendship develops over time. It is a sweet romance story and as always, very well thought out story arc from the author.

I am keen to read more from this author.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read this book in exch
Spunky N Sassy
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Awesome Book

This book was definitely worth the read. I couldn’t put it down and I know other readers are going to be sucked in as well.
Christine Galletly
I thought that this was a really good story!
It was a really enjoyable read and I found it to be a real page turner.
I thought that the characters were strong and worked well together.
This was a really easy book to read, I flew through the pages
It is 5 stars from me - very highly recommended!!
Kate Church
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kate Mcbrian has done it again.
Darla
Courtney Kinder
Madonna Dolin
Neepa Shah-Chittur
Oct 07, 2019
Kate McBrien writes sexy and witty contemporary romance fiction.

She has always enjoyed writing but became serious after being encouraged by a friend (shout out to you, Regina Kammer) to participate in National Novel Writing Month. She began writing historical fiction but soon realized that romantic elements were taking over the historical.

She has an MA in art history, and taught at a local colle