Start by marking “Becoming: A Guided Journal for Discovering Your Voice” as Want to Read:
Becoming: A Guided Journal for Discovering Your Voice

Becoming: A Guided Journal for Discovering Your Voice

What's your journey of becoming? Based on Michelle Obama's bestselling memoir, this gorgeous journal features an intimate and inspiring introduction by the former First Lady and more than 150 inspiring questions and quotes to help you discover-and rediscover-your story.

"It's not about being perfect. It's not about where you get yourself in the end. There's power in
Published November 19th 2019 by Viking

To ask other readers questions about Becoming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Becoming

Start your review of Becoming: A Guided Journal for Discovering Your Voice
Evan
Becoming $20 poorer...

Somebody -- Michelle, her agents, publishers, media in general -- are laughing at this nation's suckers and flipping gleefully through piles of cash, having smartly identified and exploited America's platitudinous and infantile "empowerment" culture. Thus, this low-effort money grab.

My mom wanted this "book" for Christmas and after I looked at it at the bookstore I persuaded her that she didn't want it. She enjoyed Michelle's bio from last year and had expected, I suspect,
Miranda Reads
Jan 13, 2020 is currently reading it
Recommended to Miranda by: Mimi
description
A huge thank you to Mimi from Goodreads for sending me a free copy in exchange for an honest review!

YouTube | Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Snapchat @miranda.reads
Shenard Robinson
Thoroughly enjoying this guided journal experience. Each poses a different question in an effort to help you identify your voice. How important is this book for today's world where too often people speak someone's opinion as their own without understanding how their thought has been formulated and cultivated within the larger context of society and acceptance.
Rosie
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lol I haven't even gotten this book back home yet. I'm on the bus writing this review as I've only just bought this book and I'm already in love with it.
Saw it on the Ellen show this week and was chuffed my local Tesco had it in stock.
Really helpful guide and journal for people like me who find writing and keeping a diary difficult and intrusive to a certain extent at times.

Would highly recommend this!
Catherine
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book - like its author - is amazing. Michelle Obama is class personified!
Ellyn
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the reasons I liked this so much is that I listened to the audio book, which she read. I miss these people!
Anna Servati
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved learning more about Michelle Obama's background and upbringing. I think she is an excellent writer. Her honesty and openness was very touching and very much appreciated. I would highly recommend this book to everyone no matter what political party they are affiliated with. She is a major part of our US history and an inspiration to many including myself.
Michaela Settree
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book, It made me love Michelle even more than I already did
Adrianna
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tori Zimperi
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This journal has really helped me heal from past trauma. I have tried journaling before but it was always difficult. The fact that this journal is guided really helps with the writing aspect... there are questions and different chapters which makes it easier to begin writing. If you get stuck you can come back to it later. I've really loved writing in it....
Anne
Dec 31, 2019 added it
This book is an insight into an amazing woman.
It tells her story from childhood to forging her own career and falling in love with Barack and raising their two daughters in the Whitehouse.
This is an honest inspiring account of Michelle Obama's life which I would recommend.

Blanche
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
audio book
LiteraryMarie
Nov 30, 2019 is currently reading it
For Implementation 2020
Michelle
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is very creative! I need to reading Becoming now.
Lola Harvey
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Literally is was ok that's it you can see the book is very very crafted to read only what is of public knowledge. Disappointing to me anyway, Nothing new.
Aishwarya

• Nothing More Dangerous
  • The How & the Why
  • A Bend in the Stars
  • Tales from the Gas Station: Volume One
  • Desperate Measures (Stone Barrington, #47)
  • Land of Wolves (Walt Longmire, #15)
  • The Good Egg (The Bad Seed, #2)
  • A Single Thread
  • Stone Fox
  • All of Grace
  • Me
  • Wunderland
  • Sober Siblings: How to Help Your Alcoholic Brother or Sister-and Not Lose Yourself
Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama is the wife of the forty-fourth President of the United States, Barack Obama, and is the first African-American First Lady of the United States.

She was born and grew up on the South Side of Chicago and graduated from Princeton University and Harvard Law School. After completing her formal education, she returned to Chicago and accepted a position with the law firm