Start by marking “Exposed (Kingdoms of Sin, #2)” as Want to Read:
Exposed (Kingdoms of Sin, #2)

Exposed

(Kingdoms of Sin #2)

It was never a question of love.
I knew I loved Elias Lancaster and that he loved me.
At least I always thought he did.
But for some reason, he always found an excuse not to be with me.
The pain I felt as my childhood love rejected me, again and again, after promising me the world when we were kids…
Well, it just wouldn’t go away.
No matter how hard I tried.
Desperate times
Published January 9th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Exposed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exposed

Start your review of Exposed (Kingdoms of Sin, #2)
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 He's All I've Ever Wanted stars!
(ARC provided by Wildfire Marketing Solutions)

-"I've never forgotten anything, Elias. You are ingrained in my heart and always have been."

-I love him like the love of a thousand sunrises. Ten thousand glorious sunrises. I love him with every fiber of my being.

photo D7C3EDE6-3C7E-4B5F-B265-D2E2C5D6FF3D_zpszvx1jylh.jpg

Elias Lancaster is the advisor in charge of running his best friend Luka’s life, who is the new king of Niaps. He’s spiraling out of control between his duties to the king, and his own personal issues.
Nicole Patterson
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is Mara and Elias's story. I do recommend reading the first book before jumping into this one. Willow always writes a great story. There was steamy a.f. scenes. Scenes that made me mad. Scenes that made me smile. Scenes that made me tear up. And scenes that had me at the edge of my seat. Well done.
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mara and Elias

The Book Lover
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The steam on this one was off the charts, if I want a steamy book Willow Aster is my go to for sure, what a great, sexy story.
Nikki Pennington
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"We can't always choose who we love, Elias."

I received an ARC of this book for my honest review. Exposed releases on January 9th and it is a standalone novel in the Kingdoms of Sin series.

So, I'm not going to lie. I was worried about this book, because I despised Mara in book one. I thought she was childish, annoying, and manipulative. I didn't know how Willow could make me love someone like that. Well, she did. She did it again. She has a way with words and stories that is inspiring. She can
Courtney
Jan 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 Stars

Exposed is the second book in the Kingdom of Sin series. While each book is about a different couple, this series will be best read and understood by reading them in order. There is an underlying plot that is being played out through the whole series and it's the only way to fully grasp how these characters are tangled altogether.

If you read my review for the first book, Downfall, then you know that I truly love the concept of this series, but struggle to connect with the characters.
Kandi Steiner
Jan 09, 2020 marked it as to-read
Start your next binge read today

FREE in KU!

ABOUT THE SERIES:
This is your not your typical royal romance. Sexy. Suspenseful. Angst.

Welcome to the Kingdoms of Sin.

DOWNFALL, Book 1

Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/2SM6rd9
Amazon AU: http://bit.ly/Exposed-AU
Kandace Denys
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“𝐼𝓉’𝓈 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒶 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓉𝑒𝓈𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝒷𝓎 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒, 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝒹 𝒷𝓎 𝒻𝒾𝓇𝑒, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒻𝑒𝒸𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓅𝓊𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝑔𝑜𝓁𝒹. 𝒜 𝓉𝓇𝓊𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒾𝑒.”

Luka & Eden had to work for my love. Mara & Elias? I’m handing it over on a silver platter. They get all the love, because if someone needed love, it’s these two!

What an adventure I just went on! The push and pull between the two, the shifts in familial dynamic, the blazing chemistry(no matter if they were loving or fighting!) This couple forged their own
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Mara's heart has always belonged to Elias. Only he saw through her willful behavior to the real inside her. They've been friends forever and that whole time she's wanted him to love her as more than a friend. Why does he keep putting her off?

She doesn't realize that he's as obsessed with her as she is with him. But there are so many obstacles to their being together. Obstacles that just may be insurmountable. And with her brother taking over as King, and acting strangely, there really is no
Amy
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Willow Aster hooked me on this series with Downfall Luka and Eden's enemies-to-lovers romance. Now we get to enjoy Sophie's story.

You met her in Downfall and likely didn't care much for her. She threw tantrums and tried to wreck Luka and Eden's relationship, sometimes with success. There were hints that she liked Elias, Luka's best friend and courtly confidant, but there were also hints that he and Brienne, Eden's bodyguard, were interested in each other. With this book, Willow Aster gives us
TheSassyNerdBlog
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Woah, so I knew I would like this book. I loved book one. The author's magic with words pulled me in so I was eager to start book two and see what else she had up her sleeve and I was not disappointed.

Without giving much away,
Exposed is book two in the Kingdoms of Sin series and can be read as a standalone, however, to get a better feel for the book, I highly recommend book one first. You won't be disappointed.

This is Elias and Mara's love story...
When I was first introduced to Mara, she was
Talon
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it

I am going to go ahead and just start out this review with the fact that I 100% could not relate to Mara. There, I said it. She was very unlikable. But even though I didn't care for her, Willow did a superb job with writing her character the way that she did. She was an awful person. But damn, did that girl love hard. I loved that about her.

Aside from all of that, I think all of the tension in this one was
Anne Milne
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is book two of the series and to have a better understanding of the story I recommend reading Downfall first. Mara is a character that I truly disliked her actions really didn't make her a likeable person. However I had a complete reversal with her story and as we got to know her I was on her side. I was willing someone to look at why she was acting out and be fully on her side. I love when an author manages to turn my expectations around and Willow did it with ease. Elias has always been ...more
Anastasia
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to receive this ARC. When I finished reading book 1, I wanted more and mostly I wanted to know about Mara. Her actions and the way she was intrigued me. How she was acting was not a way someone would be acting, toward her brother or family. Getting her point of view was exactly what I wanted. Willow did an amazing job getting us in Mara’s head and making us understand her. I fell in love with her and felt bad for what she was going through.

Mara has loved Elias from the first
Layne
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have no idea how Willow managed to make me fall in love with a character I thought I hated, but that’s exactly what she did with this book. When I read Downfall, I thought Mara was vile. She acted in such a despicable manner, I had pretty much written her off as unredeemable. It turns out I was so wrong! She is such a layered character and when bits and pieces of her back story were revealed, her behavior made so much more sense. It wasn’t excusable, but she’s a character that was meant for ...more
michelle Shelly
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Endless love, that’s what you’ll get with this beautiful heartbreaking read. I’m totally loving this series and how they are written. This is Mara and Elias story, it’s a story of true never ending love. Two people who have loved each other since childhood and continues through misunderstandings and heartbreak.
I’ve so enjoyed this and can not wait for more of this series from this fabulous author. Great story, wonderful characters and fantastic writing.
Cassidy
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Exposed was an addicting read. I couldn’t put it down for long. It can be read as a stand-alone. I absolutely loved the heroine. She knew what she wanted and wasn’t afraid to say. She showed some real growth through the book. The hero was okish. He was caught up on not deserving the heroine. Honestly, at the end of the book, he didn’t really deserve her. I don’t think he was inherently a bad person. He spiraled. We never see the growth of him redeeming himself from it. That bugged me a little. ...more
Mari
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it

So we are back to a the Game of Thrones esque modern society I admit I was excited for this. I do think reading book one will helo understand what happens here. While I liked Elias very unsure about Mara. I have to say just like Luka previously I did not like his sister Mara in the start. Granted she has a reason to feel ignored and all that. She got left behind a lot as a child and passed over for the throne. She's pretty much a brat and then some after all that. She plays her games to
PP's Bookshelf
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exposed by Willow Aster will make you fall in love and hate with Mara and Elias. A royal story set in background of conspiracies, manipulations and deceptions, Exposed is a whirlpool of intense emotions. The characters are beautifully broken. Their feelings are raw, gritty and incredibly terrifying. The story sucked me in and left its permanent mark on my heart.

I met Mara in the first story of this series, Downfall and I absolutely hated her. She was bitter and full of conniving lies. I was
Three Chicks
Jan 19, 2020 rated it liked it
3 Stars
Review by Jen Skewes

I have some mixed feelings about this book. I was not really a fan of the first book but really wanted to read Elias' book. And I am honestly not sure how I feel about it.

Mara has been in love with Elias since she first met him. She always knew that he was meant to be her, but regardless of how he feels he keeps pushing her away, only wanting to be friends. He will always be there for her but is not willing to cross that line. He has his reasons, but she is not willing
Novel Grounds
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Well I will be darned. This book surprised me. I started it and was not a fan of the characters we were with on this journey. They were driving me mad and I wanted nothing to do with them in the first book nor the second.
Then I read this book.

This is Mara and Elias's story. This is the story you didn't know you needed.

I love a book hat can take my perception of characters and turn is on its end. I love that it really changed my opinion little by little. I may have almost combusted while
Liberty Ireland Historical Graffiti
Ohhh my favorite...second chance romance, friends to lovers....**happy face, happy face**

Exposed is book two in the Kingdoms of Sin series and while it c-a-n be read as a standalone, I highly recommend reading Downfall (Book One) first. You'll be so glad you did.

I am loving the land of Niaps and their young Royals. I was so quickly addicted to this book. No big surprise there I guess with the tropes. In this book we had spoiled, selfish princess vs. pigheaded, dorky male. Underneath it all, we
Konny
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exposed by Willow Aster is book two in her Kingdoms of Sin Series. Exposed can be read as a stand alone. For best reading experience I recommend to read the books in order. The previous book is Downfall and tells Luka and Eden's story.
Back to Exposed. Mara Catano is part of the royal family, her brother Luka, yes The Luka from book one, is about to become King and Eden his Queen. She's the kingdom's princess, took always the second place. She grew up sheltered, is high maintenance, headstrong,
Autumn
Jan 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Y'all this cover speaks to me, could be because it's teal could be the man who's to say really.

I happily dove back into this world created by Willow Aster. I loved the first book in the Kingdom of Sins series, Downfall. It was everything. going back in was quite a bit different.

I loved the relationship of Luka and Eden but this time around we looked at Mara and Elias. Those two are a hot mess. I struggled a bit with this book because I wanted things to come easy and be as perfect as the first.
Sarah N
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
An exceptional friends to lovers, second chance love story, filled with so much push and pull and explosive chemistry! Exposed by Willow Aster surprised me in the best ways! I have to say I was skeptical on my feelings starting this book because Mara had me so nervous. After reading Downfall, (which I loved) I couldn't hep but not like her, because she was basically awful to the previous mc. I spent the first half of this book trying to understand her, and watching her character grow, and came ...more
Dayang
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
MY THOUGHTS AFTER READING...

I've been waiting for this book right after reading DOWNFALL. This is book two of the Kingdoms of Sin series, and even if it can be read as a standalone I'd recommend reading the first book to get to know the situation and the characters because they are recurring.

This is a childhood-friends to lovers to enemies to lovers story... It was as angsty as the first book but the continuous push and pull of Elias and Mara frustrated me. It was cute the first couple of times
Tiffany
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow! Kingdoms of Sin series is a refreshing take on old world vs new world. I sometimes feel like I am reading a modern day historical type romance and I love it!

Mara is perceived as a royal bit** to put it bluntly, and seeing the change in her over the course of the book brought me much happiness. Elias and Mara are childhood friends come lovers. The push and pull is real with this couple! I honestly was rooting for Alex and Mara at times, I kinda felt bad for him. However, Willow does give us
Maria
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
You could cut the tension and angst with a knife through out this book. I wasn’t a fan of Mara at all. She’s the literal worst, but I know she was a necessary evil for the story line. I was frustrated with her character and was worried I wasn’t going to make it past her. I’m glad I pushed on because Willow knows what she’s doing. This series just keeps me wanting more. I can’t wait for the next book.
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This book took me a while to finish, and I will tell you why. It is because I was scared to read it after how mad I was after I read Downfall. Mara was a character I wasn’t sure I cared to know about, sorry Willow.

Mara was an incredibly tough character to like. The one thing she had going for her was her love for Elias. She was constant. She loved him from childhood and would NOT give up on him. Elias had a lot of issues, and pushing Mara away constantly was painful to witness because the love
Mom Seeks Smut
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oh gawd! So full truth, I HATED Mara in book 1. Most readers probably hated her, I’m sure. And how can a heroine redeem herself after everything she pulled with Eden in book 1??

Well, shocker....Willow Aster makes those pretty words of hers into this emotional love story full of vengeance, redemption, and this most perfect story of love between two characters who have been held apart their entire lives and desperately want to have their forever.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Fighting for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #2)
  • Manhattan (Becker Bothers, #3)
  • Lip Smacker
  • Savage Hunger (Savage Trilogy #1)
  • Throttled (Dirty Air, #1)
  • Hate Sober (Love Me Duet #2)
  • Spark (Web of Desire, #1)
  • Come Back for Me (Arrowood Brothers, #1)
  • Code of Silence
  • Release
  • Love Drunk (Love Me, Duet Book 1)
  • Confessions of a Naughty Nanny (The Baileys #6)
  • Focused
  • The Trouble with Gravity
  • Hearts and Thorns (Magnolia Cove, #3)
  • Tequila
  • Insolent
  • Half Truths (Secret Society, #1)
Willow Aster is the author of True Love Story, In the Fields, Maybe Maby, Fade to Red, Lilith, and 5,331 Miles. She is also half of the Fisher & Aster writing duo of The End of Men series.

Writing is the ultimate escape ... I love it and hate it and can't live without it. My home is in St. Paul, MN with my husband, two kids, and our rescue dog.

Join me on my website: http://www.willowaster.com/

Kingdoms of Sin (3 books)
  • Downfall (Kingdoms of Sin, #1)
  • Ruin (Kingdoms of Sin, #3)