Start by marking “Survivor Song” as Want to Read:
Survivor Song

Survivor Song

A riveting novel of suspense and terror from the Bram Stoker award-winning author of The Cabin at the End of the World and A Head Full of Ghosts.

In a matter of weeks, Massachusetts has been overrun by an insidious rabies-like virus that is spread by saliva. But unlike rabies, the disease has a terrifyingly short incubation period of an hour or less. Those infected quickly
Expected publication: July 7th 2020 by William Morrow

To ask other readers questions about Survivor Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Survivor Song

Start your review of Survivor Song
karen
Jan 14, 2020 is currently reading it
rabies. tremblay. rabies. tremblay. rabies. tremblay. rabies. tremblay. rabies. tremblay. rabies. tremblay. rabies. tremblay. rabies. tremblay. rabies. tremblay. rabies. tremblay. rabies. tremblay. rabies. tremblay. rabies. tremblay. rabies. tremblay. rabies. tremblay. rabies. tremblay. rabies. tremblay. RABIES! TREMBLAY! FOX ON THE COVER!

and just like that, i'm having a better day

even BETTER than that day was when i got my inscribed ARC of this in the mail, along with this crazy little
Chelsea Humphrey
Dec 04, 2019 marked it as future-tbr
Literary horror is my new love language, and I'll be damned if a novel about a mutated rabies virus didn't make me start salivating. (See what I did there? #momjoke)

description
Sadie Hartmann Mother Horror
“Beware! Paul Tremblay is not interested in writing stories readers can walk away from unscathed. Survivor Song will leave emotional trenches in your heart long after you’ve finished trying to ugly-cry and read at the same time.”
—Cemetery Dance review coming soon!
megs_bookrack
New Paul Tremblay...

Go on, you have my attention...
FanFiAddict
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 9.0/10

Full review closer to publication
Robin Amstutz
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. Every one of Tremblay’s books is better than the last and this one proves why he’s one of my favorite authors. Gruesome and tense, with a faster pace than some of his previous books, and a really great plot that is different than others in the “infected” genre. I loved some characters and I hated others, and I was thinking about all of them when I wasn’t reading. Some parts were really funny and some were heartbreaking and it finished with a perfect, unexpected ending. Highly ...more
Sara Guevara
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My entire heart was shattered from the beginning. Such amazing pacing and direction. The side characters met along the way elevated the story creating tension and suspicion. It's like somebody paired "Jericho" and "Train to Busan" together.
Victoria
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this may be my new favorite Tremblay book . I laughed, I became scared, then I was sad.

This is a story about a disease that is super rabies (zombie outbreak) (not actually a zombie outbreak) and two friends trying to get to a doctor for a very pregnant and possibly infected Natalie. It's a long arduous journey and you really come to enjoy being there with them.

I recommend this to all zombie, infectious disease, and baby Yoda lovers out there.

Thank you Edelweiss for approving this ARC
Sarah Ames-Foley
as someone with a rabies phobia, reading this book will be an extra thrilling experience.
Jen
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
** I read an advance reader copy of this book. **

This is a well written semi-apocalyptic novel. (It's not a true apocalypse because the event causing the problem is limited to a small area of the US and is fairly quickly resolved.) While it does have zombie tones, it's not a zombie novel. The infection is a rabies-type, not a bring the dead back type. This actually makes it more frightening in some ways as rabies does do what is described in the book, driving mammals crazy, causing aggression
Marissa
**eARC provided by Edelweiss**

This book started out so strong. The terror of the virus and the tension throughout the book was great. Things started to fall apart about halfway through the book, though.

First of all, I'm not sure who Tremblay was trying to imitate with his teen characters' dialogue, but having worked with teens for over 5 years, I've never heard a teenager talk the way they did in this book. It threw me out of the story every time, which lessened the impact of those characters
Karen
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everything Paul Tremblay touches is frightening and entertaining at the same time. This book follows a doctor and a very pregnant lady, through a rabies outbreak...in humans. The things about this rabies mutation is that it is very fast acting, the victim only has hours from normal thinking to brain meltdown. I was riveted at how fast everything was happening. It is only a couple of hours for these characters but they are tense hours, full of details that will stick with me for a long time.
Lydia
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you to the publisher for an ARC of Survivor Song.
I enjoyed this book. It dealt with a difficult topic (epidemic) without being overly gory, violent, or traumatic, which turns me off immediately. It's a page turner that I was able to read quickly. The way that characters and society at large seemed to react to the situation was, at least to me, realistic.
Kayla
Jan 02, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-releases
I'm not a huge thriller person - my tastes tend to go more towards horror -so this sounds more up my alley than some of his other books and I've heard amazing things about this author
Travis Cole
Feb 03, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Can’t wait to read this!
Pamela

• The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires
  • The Dilemma
  • The Only Good Indians
  • Devolution: A Firsthand Account of the Rainier Sasquatch Massacre
  • Who Fears Death (Who Fears Death, #1)
  • True Crime
  • A Beginning at the End
  • Audience of One: Television, Donald Trump, and the Fracturing of America
  • Till the Score is Paid
  • Strange Girls: Women in Horror Anthology
Paul Tremblay is the author of DISAPPEARANCE AT DEVIL'S ROCK and the award-winning A HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS. His other novels include THE LITTLE SLEEP (Henry Holt), NO SLEEP TILL WONDERLAND (Henry Holt), SWALLOWING A DONKEY'S EYE (Chizine Publications), and the YA novel FLOATING BOY AND THE GIRL WHO COULDN'T FLY (co-written with Stephen Graham Jones, as P. T. Jones).

He is the author of the short