Start by marking “Liar Liar (DS Grace Allendale #3)” as Want to Read:
Liar Liar (DS Grace Allendale #3)

Liar Liar

(DS Grace Allendale #3)

The truth can be a dangerous thing…

When a young boy is thrown from a balcony in a block of flats, DS Grace Allendale witnesses the shocking aftermath of the tragic event. But despite everything, no one will admit to seeing who did it – and the parents will only tell the police that it was an accident.

Determined to bring the perpetrator to justice, Grace must sort the truth
Expected publication: March 19th 2020 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Liar Liar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liar Liar

Start your review of Liar Liar (DS Grace Allendale #3)
Michelle
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I always look forward to a new Mel Sherratt book and I wasn’t disappointed with Liar Liar, the third book in the DS Grace Allendale series.
DS Grace is called to Harrison House where a boy has accidently fallen over a balcony and injured himself. It is supposedly have been an accident but, when DS Grace and her team call for witnesses most of the residents say that they didn’t see anything. Things just don’t add up. Even when DS Grace interview the boy’s parents, she senses that they are not
Tarrah Marie (Wayward Readers)
This is the third book in the DS Grace Allendale series and can be read as a stand-alone. The narrative is engaging and full of thrills from the very first page. Mel Sherratt provides a full cast of enigmatic characters that all seem to have something to hide. Sherratt’s writing is fast paced as she hosts a fully dynamic main character. The reader follow DS Allendale through all the twists and turns it takes to uncover the hidden truth surrounding the death of a young boy. Loved it. 5 stars.

Claire Watson
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love a good Mel Sherratt thriller and found Liar Liar impossible you put down. Immediately you are drawn into the action. It’s fast paced and punchy starting with DS Grace Allendale witnessing a shocking event. The parents tell the police it was an accident but Grace suspects otherwise trying to sort the truth from the lies. Brilliantly written with some great characters you will find yourself totally immersed from beginning to end.

Thank you to NetGalley, Avon Books and the author for the

Review by

tracy r, Reviewer
Last updated on 08 Nov 2019
My Recommendation

this author has done it again brilliant story . a little boy falls from a balcony or was he pushed the same evening other stuff going on in the estate both his parents have secrets .d.s grace there when it happens what is everyone hiding they all have secrets a must read.

Melanie Hodges
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This third book in the Grace Allendale series is possibly the most gripping one in the series so far. With what appears at first to be a tragic accident, a young boy is seriously injured after being thrown from a balcony in a block of flats, Grace is determined to get the truth, only some people have gone to extreme lengths to keep their secrets hidden, but to keep her children safe, Ruby, mother to the injured boy, is going to have to put her trust in Grace and open up.

There’s less to do with
LianaReads blog
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My first book by the author and I just couldn’t stop reading!
It’s engaging from the first chapter and it makes you want to know more and more about what happened in the parking lot and what each of the residents of that building has seen because apparently everyone has a different story to say.
It’s gripping, holds your attention for the whole time and you’ll want to stay up all night to read it.
Sandra
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a big fan of Mels i was so looking forward to reading to this book and again mel has nailed it with a brilliant plot and characters my only complaint is how the book keeps flicking from the present to the past i find this spoils a good book.Sorry mel i still love your work.
Lady Heather

"I'm voluntarily reading an ARC of this book which has been provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review."
Kim
Dec 09, 2019 rated it liked it
A good story but an awful lot of characters and flicking backwards and forwards over the years became frustrating. Not one of her better books I'm afraid.
Vicki - I Love Reading
Audra
Denise Marinas
Beth

• The Knock
  • The Blossom Twins (Detective Natalie Ward #5)
  • The Argument
  • Payback: A gritty thriller that will have you hooked
  • First Blood (D.I. Kim Stone, #12)
  • Cold Heart Creek (Detective Josie Quinn #7)
  • The Silent House
  • She
  • Hold Your Tongue (DI Eve Hunter, #1)
  • A Cry In The Night (Jessica Daniel series Book 15)
  • Her Missing Child
  • The Girls in the Lake (Beth Adams #2)
  • The Midwives of Lark Lane
  • The Devil Inside (Unfinished Business #6)
  • Nine Elms (Kate Marshall, #1)
  • The Other Daughter
  • The Perfect Mother
  • No Mercy
I write police procedurals, psychological suspense and women's fiction with a punch - or grit-lit, as I call it.

I live in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, with my husband and terrier, Dexter (named after the TV serial killer) and makes liberal use of my hometown as a backdrop for some of my books.

You can find out more at my website www.melsherratt.co.uk or I'm on Twitter at @writermels

DS Grace Allendale (3 books)
  • Hush Hush (DS Grace Allendale, #1)
  • Tick Tock (DS Grace Allendale, #2)