Start by marking “Peace, Blood, and Understanding (Half-Moon Hollow #7)” as Want to Read:
Peace, Blood, and Understanding (Half-Moon Hollow #7)

Peace, Blood, and Understanding

(Half-Moon Hollow #7)

Listening length: 6 hours, 50 minutes

Ever since Jane Jameson took over running the Vampire Council for Half-Moon Hollow, things have been a little unorthodox and that doesn’t sit well with the head office. Who would have thought vampires were so into bureaucracy and tradition?

Enter a vamp from corporate who’s determined to unseat Jane and get the council back on track—
Audible Audio, Unabridged
Published October 7th 2019 by Audible Studios

To ask other readers questions about Peace, Blood, and Understanding, please sign up.
Adnil 1...You should convert to an e-reader or Kindle or Kindle app. If as you state you don’t do anything digital !!
2...How are you able to post this…more
2...How are you able to post this question on an online forum ?
3... A question you really ought to ask yourself is - can you help this planet in anyway? ....YES by moving with the times and trying to save trees, not have them chopped down and turned into a book.
(less)

Start your review of Peace, Blood, and Understanding (Half-Moon Hollow #7)
Cynthia Stephens
I have yet to read any of the Half-moon Hallow books that didn’t leave me wanting more. My only complaint is ..... I wish there was a new book every week, or at least every month. Yes, I’m greedy!
Cyndi
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes I think Half-Moon Hollow would be a fun town to live in. As long as none of the vampires decide I'd make a good lunch, anyway.
In this book we have a vampire that is turning over a new leaf. Tea leaf, that is. She has opened up a tea shop that caters to humans and vampires. She knows just the right blend for what ails ya. Picture pretty hippie vegan but with fangs.
The evil council sends a bean counter to evaluate the job our new leader is doing and meets the hippie. Can he loosen up
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
One thing I can count on with a Molly Harper book is interesting characters.

Unfortunately, I didn’t get a well developed romance.

The couple in question had one poignant conversation, one heated sexy moment (not that I need more), and a paragraph summary that these thing occurred after off page. Then at the end we get the I love yous. Sorry, I can’t buy into it.

The heroine had a steady fuck buddy/friend who was a really nice attractive guy she liked until a plot device was used to destroy it.
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Wow! I hadn’t realized it, but it’s been over two years since the last Half-Moon Hollow book, and I was ready for more from this cozy, crazy town and its lovable denizens. Peace, Blood, and Understanding picks up after the conclusion of the previous book by following the first person POV of Meadow Schwartz. She’s a reformed vampire who had a serious anger issue after being turned against her will, and is currently under probation with Jane Jameson working as her case manager. Meadow works ...more
Darcy
These books make me laugh and this one is no different. I like how Jane and Dick run things differently, sadly that brings them attention from the council with stick in the mud Weston to look things over. Meeting Weston was fun because we got to see him from Meadow's perspective. I loved how she poked at him by not letting know the ways of Half-Moon Hollow. Of course things went down hill from there, with Dick doing his dick things, someone creating havoc at the council for Weston to report on. ...more
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
A really fun road trip audiobook!
“I never use sarcastic air quotes. All my air quotes are sincere.”
-4.5 Stars!-
Bea
Nov 24, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wishlist
3.5 stars Nice seeing Jane and the gang again and very interesting to see a challenge to her leadership. The love story was meh. I liked the subplot concerning Meadow, her parents, and her emotional growth.
Srishti
3 STARS

I love almost every book by Molly Harper but this book unfortunately just wasn't it. I did not like the Hero. I liked the Meadow and I felt as if she was settling for less. I really wish the author hadn't destroyed Luke because I kindof liked him. This book just didn't do it for me.
Kat
#PeaceBloodandUnderstanding
#MollyHarper
#Edelweiss
Another wonderful addition to Molly Harper's Half-Moon Hollow series! I was so excited to have Jane back in the main story line. Ms. Harper's books make me feel upbeat and happy. I truly enjoyed this book and look forward to more from this author!
Thank you to Edelweiss and Gallery Books.
Angela Simmons
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 4.5

Cue happy little Snoopy dance! It’s been a minute since there’s been a new Half-Moon Hollow book, so when I found out Peace, Blood, and Understanding was coming out, I couldn’t contain my excitement.

While I like all of Molly Harper’s work, there’s just something about her Jane Jameson/Half-Moon Hollow series that will always be my favorite. When I pick up a new book from this series, it’s just like meeting up with old friends.

Here’s what’s going on: Meadow, a vampire on probation,
Tanya Davis
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was so good to finally be back in the Jane Jameson world! I felt like it had been forever since I had seen Jane, Gabriel, Dick and Andrea. Peace, Blood and Understanding brought all our past characters out to play.

Our synopsis would make you believe that the whole story centered on Jane and her position on the council. But that is not all we experience. There is a new character that Jane has under her wing. Meadow Swartz is under probation and is doing what she can to live a peaceful life.
Julia
I had been listening to the Mystic Bayou series via audible by Molly Harper. So when I saw their was a new book I immediately pounced on it thinking it was going to be a Mystic Bayou book. The cover looked a little out of place considering the tone of the others, but I was far too eager and didn't pay attention.

Then I'm listening to it going, what the hecking heck, why are we not talking about the other characters I know and love. And who is this Jane person who sounds to familiar.

I read Nice
CatBookMom
Nice to see Jane, Dick, Gabriel, and the rest of the Half-Moon Hollow group again. I'm tempted to give this 4 stars, but 3 seems more appropriate. There's less plot than the last books of this series, less depth to the new characters (or maybe they just have fewer disasters happening?); but it is still enjoyable, and I bought it to add to my own collection.
Sue
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this. Harper's heroines are enormously empowering. They are kind and compassionate but never doormats. They are smart and accomplished and self aware and flawed and funny. In short, they are always what I want to be when I grow up (fangs and all!!)
Beth
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kobo
Very fun addition to the series. Loved the snippets of the Pacifists' guide on each chapter.
Heather
I loved this return to Half Moon Hollow, Kentucky and all of the quirky characters I've come to know over the course of Harper's novels. There was a lot of great witty banter and humor, as usual, and he new characters and original plot worked well with the established series. Highly recommend to fans or those new to the series.
Katie
Yay for another Half-Moon Hollow book!
Carrie
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
OK, if you are this far into the series, you should know what to expect. There's going to be sarcastic, witty dialogue, quirky and wonderful characters, and some form of mystery that needs to get solved. This story fits the bill, and goes back to the combination I'm not really fond of: annoying jerk + brand new character. I guess at some point we run out of characters to pull from, but I was slightly less invested in this story than the others, especially since Erik wasn't my favorite.

Meadow is
Heather
It's been years since I last visited Half Moon Hollow! What fun to have another book available in the series. The HMH books have that little bit of extra snark that make Molly Harper's humor shine.

This is an opposites-attract story: Meadow is deliberately laid-back - she owns a tea/healing shop in HMH and Dick Cheney (not the ex-VP) affectionately calls her 'hippie-dippie.' She meets an uptight corporate employee who has been sent to access the HMH office's productivity. It's hate at first
Marishka
Safety (view spoiler) ...more
Alysha
Oct 18, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have to say as a long time fan of Harper and this series specifically - this book was really disappointing.

The MC - Meadow - was probably the only new character I liked. The sideways turn with Luke that had ZERO foreshadowing and came out of nowhere rang hollow, so that the reader would be 100% against him and therefore 100% in favor of Weston.

Nope. Weston has absolutely zero good points - just as bad as Luke, IMO, and his apologies came across as extremely f*ck boi-ish.

The red herring was
Kelly at
Review will be posted at www.books-n-kisses.com .

REVIEW PROVIDED BY: Kelly
NUMBER OF HEARTS: 4 1/2
Meadow Schwartz just wants to live a quiet peaceful life filled with tea and her friends. But nothing can be that simple in Half-Moon Hollow. The Council has sent in an auditor to take a closer look at the way Jane and Dick are conducting business. Enter the stuffy uptight Eric Weston.

Another great installment from Molly Harper. I really enjoyed listening to Meadow’s story. As always Amanda
Jennifer Johnson
Another Great Half Moon Hollow Book!!!!

I am such a fan of Molly Harper's Half-Moon Hollow series! Each book provides a wealth of snark, sass, humor, quirky characters, sexy romance and mystery. I was so looking forward to reading this book as it has been a while since a book has been made for this series and I have to say Ms. Harper did a fantastic job. I never figure out the mystery until the reveal and the book keeps you intrigued and entertained from beginning to end. If you love a great
Teresa
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Molly Harper and I enjoyed this book. I do have a pet peeve to share. I can’t stand when authors write more with new readers in mind instead of their faithful followers. How many times must we hear about how vampires came out?!? I guess EVERY book and EVERY short story. Between this series and the Jane Jameson series, I calculate I’ve read it 19 times and explanations about Dick Chaney, probably the same or close to it. Ms Harper…we remember. If a newbie wants to know, let them pickup a ...more
Tracy T.
Nov 30, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a fun entertaining book. I enjoyed it well enough. (audible review)

Although, I did't really get the connection between Eric Weston and Meadow at all, but the rest of the story was fun.

There was some mystery and mayhem that I did enjoy as well as some of the humor I found pretty funny.

As for the narration, it was good. I like Amanda Ronconi for these books. She does a good job.
Donna
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Welcome back to Half-Moon Hollow. In this installment Jane and Dick are being audited by the council for their unorthodox methods. Jane is supervising new made vampire Meadow’s rehab who has managed to catch the eye of the auditor Erik. This all sounds very soap opera but it really isn’t it is just my weak way of saying this story has layers on layers and is all the more fantastic because of it. This is a terrific addition to the series.
Megh
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super fun romp

This was a fun visit to half moon hollow through the eyes of a new fun character. Meadow is interesting, likable, and fresh. I loved her backstory and the mystery in this book. As always Harper delivers a book that is both fun and engrossing. I do believe that you could pick up the series with this book but it won’t be as much fun as if you started from the beginning.
Dominique G. Riddick
Peace,Blood, and Understand

First of all I just love Amanda Ronconi's narration. Excellent book in the Half-Moon Hollow series, excellent story line, frankly I don't think Molly Harper can write a bad book. I'm looking forward to her next book.
I would highly recommend this book and series.
Jess Reads2Much
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love me some Molly Harper. This is the only book in the Half-blood Hollow series included in the Audible escape package and it's not included in any of the public library apps which sucks because the universe seems really fun and I'd love to read more. I miss good paranormal romance and this totally fits the bill. 4 definitely recommend can be read as a standalone. ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Accidental Unicorn (Accidentals #18)
  • The Vampire's Priceless Treasure (Nocturne Falls, #11)
  • Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words
  • Immortal Born (Argeneau #30)
  • Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)
  • Instant Attraction
  • The Forgettable Miss French (Shadowvale, #3)
  • Big Ghosts Don't Cry (Beechwood Harbor Ghost Mystery #4)
  • Eye of the Storm (Tiger's Eye Mystery #5)
  • Spellbound (Crossbreed, #8; Mageriverse #22)
  • The Undead In My Bed (Dark Ones #10.5; Half-Moon Hollow #2.5; Midnight Liaisons #1.5)
  • Never Have I Ever (Always Satisfied #3)
  • When Good Ghosts Get the Blues (Beechwood Harbor Ghost Mystery, #3)
  • The Ghost of Christmas Past (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries, #8.5)
  • Sound's Familiar (Terra Noctem #1)
  • The Vampire's Cursed Kiss (Shadowvale, #2)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • A Bad Day for Sunshine (Sunshine Vicram, #1)
My mother remembers an 8-year-old me setting up my “writing office” in our living room by putting her old manual typewriter on the couch next to a toy phone. And I (very slowly) pecked out the story of my third-grade class taking a trip around the world and losing a kid in each city.

I had a dark sense of humor, even then.

In high school, when other girls my age were writing poems about dying

Half-Moon Hollow (7 books)
  • The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires (Half-Moon Hollow, #1)
  • A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses (Half-Moon Hollow, #2)
  • The Dangers of Dating a Rebound Vampire (Half-Moon Hollow, #3)
  • The Single Undead Moms Club (Half-Moon Hollow, #4)
  • Where the Wild Things Bite (Half-Moon Hollow, #5)
  • Accidental Sire (Half-Moon Hollow, #6)