Start by marking “Saving Ebenezer: The Continuing Saga of a man named Scrooge” as Want to Read:
Saving Ebenezer: The Continuing Saga of a man named Scrooge

Saving Ebenezer: The Continuing Saga of a man named Scrooge

Seven years after Jacob Marley and the three ghosts of Christmas changed Ebenezer’s life, Scrooge has a problem. He’s given away most of his money and brightened many lives, restored churches, and made London workhouses better for those living and working inside. If only all of that made him feel better about his life…

Ebenezer is plagued with doubt. Even with all of his
Published October 12th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Saving Ebenezer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving Ebenezer

Start your review of Saving Ebenezer: The Continuing Saga of a man named Scrooge
Marilouise Gilley
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Marilouise Gilley by: marylouig7@aol.com
From the time of being a very little girl, "A Christmas Carol" has been my favorite Christmas story, movie and everything else. My Mother would say every year "Are you going to watch that again?" I would always reply yes, every time they show it, I will watch it. Now that I am much older (72) I still wait for it to be put on television, and have several actors that have played old Scrooge to be broadcast each year. The one thing I always questioned was his outcome. Yes the spirits managed to ...more
Lori A Durbin
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

I liked the book. I recommend this book to anyone who loves this Christmas story. Familiar characters that we have come to love.
Stephanie
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
"Tiny Tim was dead, to begin with. There was no doubt about that."

With this first line S. Daniel Smith grabbed my attention in his fan sequel to the Dickens classic 'A Christmas Carol.' Scrooge, Tiny Tim and the Spirits are a Christmas season tradition for my family. We ALWAYS watch the Muppet's adaptation of the story together, and sometimes read aloud the book itself. So, I felt compelled to read on and learn what caused Tiny Tim to die and how his death affected the rest of the family,
Cathy Doherty
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely one to buy for Christmas! Truly a lovely read.A tale full of hope and a incredible follow up to the much loved ‘A Christmas Carol’ It carries on the story perfectly as though Charles Dickens had picked up where he had just left off.It’s full of warmth,compassion and meaning.Highly recommend.Well done Dan xx
Trixi
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ever wonder what happened to Scrooge after the story was said and done? Did you ever ask yourself "now what"? Well, I happen to think this is a wonderful way to explore both of these answers!

We get a glimpse of life seven years after the three spirits visited Scrooge and how life changed for him and the Cratchits. I loved how his answers and doubts were answered in an unexpected but pleasant way. A satisfying tie-in to an old classic!
Melissa Johns
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Perfect timing for the holiday season! Beautifully written with era-respected diction. Great continuation of perspective and narrative to follow the original work. A quick, fun read that kept me smiling throughout!
Lynn
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever wondered what became of Ebenezer Scrooge? Well, the classic story has come to life again through the words of author S. Daniel Smith. You will find yourself immersed in the lives of Scrooge and the Cratchit Family. The author weaved heartache, hope, and love into the story--a gripping combination that will have you wanting to finish the book in one sitting. I highly recommend this novella!
Beverly Jones
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Loved this book. I'm glad the author is a Christian, and also resolved another matter that I had wondered about.
gary muir
Carol
Dec 09, 2019
Michael Fierce
Dec 01, 2019

• Mona Lisa's Secret (Joey Peruggia  #1)
  • Silent Knight
  • The Three Christmases of William Spencer
  • Daughter of Babylon, Book 3: America
  • Moments of the Heart: Four Relationships Everyone should have to Live Wholeheartedly
  • Wishin' and Hopin'
  • One for the Blackbird, One for the Crow
  • Ensnare (Berlin Butterfly, #1)
  • Valentine Gold
  • Killing the Rising Sun: How America Vanquished World War II Japan
  • Killing Jesus: A History
  • The Day the World Went Nuclear: Dropping the Atom Bomb and the End of World War II in the Pacific
  • Killing Patton: The Strange Death of World War II's Most Audacious General
  • Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot (The Killing of Historical Figures)
  • Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever (The Killing of Historical Figures)
  • Killing Reagan: The Violent Assault That Changed a Presidency (Bill O'Reilly's Killing Series)
  • The Haunting of Bechdel Mansion