Start by marking “Sapphire: The Romantic Heist of the Century (Colors of Crime, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sapphire: The Romantic Heist of the Century (Colors of Crime, #1)

Sapphire: The Romantic Heist of the Century

(Colors of Crime #1)

Will She Choose The Thief, The Detective, Or The Sapphire?

Lex Moore is a thief and a heart-breaker. She takes whatever she wants from men, especially when it’s expensive…

She picked the wrong target in Detective Byron Black. He’ll hunt her down, to make her pay for destroying his career and stealing his heart..

Luca Diotallevi is in deep with the Italian Mafia. He’s got to
Published October 16th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Sapphire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sapphire

Start your review of Sapphire: The Romantic Heist of the Century (Colors of Crime, #1)
Coco.V
Dec 20, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (12/20/2019)! ...more
Cathy
Oct 16, 2019 added it
I am still trying to figure out how I really feel about this story. It starts off with Alexa Moore with Chief Byron Black the officer in England. Alex steals diamonds from a party at the Home Secretary's house but couldn't hold onto them because on the way home with Black they got side swiped by a van. which reveals to Byron Black that Alex had stolen the Superintendents wife's diamonds. He did not know she had stolen them and he did not know she was a thief until then. After she and the new guy ...more
Judith
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished-reading
A really entertaining book, well worth reading. Such an entertaining, different book from the run of the mill romance novels. Why do we love reading about jewel thieves? Maybe there is a Robin Hood sympathiser in us all. Without resorting to writing a detailed synopsis, which the author has already done, this is a book that surprised me. Judging by the cover, I expected the ending to be a happy love triad. Lex a very talented international jewel and art thief, adored by Byron Black, the handsome ...more
Tayra Sanders
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This fantastic and well written book. An intense storyline that holds your attention as you get caught up in the fierce twists and hot chemistry. Lots of excitement. A thrilling must read.
Sapphyria
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sapphire is a romantic suspense novel that takes place across the pond. Lex is an expert thief, stealing art, figurines, and the hearts of men. When she breaks the heart of Detective Byron Black, he scours the globe trying to find her. When Lex gets involved in a heist for the same object as another thief, Luca, a member of an Italian mafia, she finds herself on the run. The double-crossing of Lex by a supposed friend leaves her infuriated and set on seeking him out. A day late and a dollar ...more
Rhiannon Overby
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Are you looking for a quick, easy romance to read? This is the book for you!

When I first picked up this book I thought that it was going to be centered around a love triangle... well, that was only true to a limited degree (which I was totally okay with). Throughout the story you’re questioning who Lex will choose and if there will be a choice at all.

This is one of those rare books where the “villain” is actually the main character and they’re written in such a way that you’re not mad that they
HEATHER
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A story that enticed me with it's twist, captivated me with it's romance and satisfied me with it's revenge.
by sewsummore

Lex was a thief, she worked alone and stole only items that spoke to her, she never sold anything she stole instead she added them to her private collection, Until the one time when she joined Luca to help him steal a tiara so well guarded that it needed careful planning and a two man team. The two of them met when they came to steal the same item, there was a double cross,
Hannah
Jan 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Starting this book I was intrigued by the different view points of each character.

I really liked Alex. Although she duped Byron I admired her tenacity and her drive for adventure... her daring personality and her love of the thrill was totally going to get her into trouble one day.

Luca seemed like a lost little boy to start with, after his upbringing and lack of role models after being brought up in care.

Blacks drive for revenge after lexs’ betrayal kept me on my toes wondering how it would
Geoeng51
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is fast-paced, and it has a believable plot and strong characters (particularly the female protagonist). It stands out in the romance genre as being well-crafted and written. The salacious scenes do not disappoint but also do not detract from or overwhelm the main storyline. In the end, the various story arcs reach a satisfying conclusion - you are not left hanging on the next installment. If you are looking for a book that is entertaining, and that elevates ...more
Thia995
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

This is the first book I've read from this author and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it despite being told in the 3rd person and having a love triangle - which I usually avoid.

This book had a really great storyline and was very easy to read. My only issue was that I didn't believe the love aspect from Black's side, him being in love with Lex after what happened between them didn't for his character, but I was please with his storyline of chasing her thefts and wanting to catch
Maria11
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting read. I liked the story line. It felt like the Italian Job, but a book. Lots of planning for a heist and the oh wow it works reaction. I felt bad for Byron, but at least Alex was truthful with him. First book by this author, I am definitely going to check out the rest of the series.

Received a copy from the publisher for an honest review
Kristina Omtvedt
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book and on the edge of good vs bad behavior. The book took you on the journey of a thief and made you enjoy every minute.

Elvira
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book from beginning to the end it’s characters are well developed and engaging and they have loads of chemistry throughout the storyline which made it an easy read.

Fiona (Titch) Hunt
I received an advanced review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

This was something entirely different for me as I've never read much Romance Suspense books (not sure why as I enjoyed this book). The characters was believable and also loved how you get to see who is who. No one knew where the opening was going to lead. You'd have thought from the title that Sapphire was a woman, but oh no it's something much more than that. You get to meet Luca Diotallevi, a thief who is
Diane
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ADDICTING SERIES A MUST HAVE FOR SURE!!!!
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of "SAPPHIRE" WOW!!! Was this ever a fabulous storyline full of suspense, intrigue, danger, angst, passion and a few twists to keep you turning page after page.
Lex is a beautiful feisty, strong, smart theif and a heart breaker she takes what she wants from men until she takes from the wrong one Detective Byron Black.
Luca is an Italian born theif he wants to steal a tiara this where he meets Lex after the same item, she runs away to her home in Italy France after
kk
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So, I was debating for a couple of weeks whether to read this book and I can’t believe I waited so long! I was hooked from the first page and ended up binge-reading the rest of the books in this series!

This is a suspenseful romance novel with really refreshing storyline. Characters were all well developed and instantly likable.
I also really enjoyed writing style. It was engrossing and well-written although being told in 3rd person which I don’t see that often in books I read. But it worked out
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was truly delightful to read. Lex is quite great at taking things that are not hers. Lex gets involved with Byron Black, but that was definitely a mistake on her part because she stole his heart. Lex leaves suddenly which triggers Black to search for her. Lex meets Luca during one of her jobs and the rest is history, entertaining history. Luca and Lex are a better match than Byron Black and Lex. This story is full of twists and turns that kept me thoroughly engaged and eager to turn ...more
Tracey
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a refreshing, unique read! This was a new author for me and I was anxious to read it based on the blurb and it definitely did not disappoint. I loved the characters and the love triangle aspect of the plot and speaking of the plot, what an interesting, intriguing plot it is! I always enjoy reading the POV's from all the characters so getting into the heads of Lexi, Black and Luca made it that much more entertaining. Steamy, smart, sexy and full of mystery and intrigue -- I loved it and ...more
Breonna
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hmmmmm!

So I liked Sapphire. I loved the action, the romance. Hell, I love me a man who'll follow me to the end of the earth, because generally it's the woman who'll follow the man.

But it all felt too well-pat. You know what I mean? I wanted to be gripped with emotion when Lex hurts Byron. I wanted to be gripped with emotion when Lex chooses Luca. I wanted to be able to feel the emotion behind Luca's and Lex's background. But I just didn't feel it.

But I did enjoy this book! I hope Byron's story
Mary Gregg
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!!!

Sophie Lark is a new to me author and I will be binge reading the rest of her Colors of Crime series! Sapphire is smoking hot with plenty of action and suspense!! I fell in love with Luca and Lex even though I felt bad for Black. Once I started reading I couldn't put Sapphire down and ended up reading it in one sitting!! If you like hot, action packed romantic suspense with some laugh out loud moments? Don't miss this series!! It's free on Kindle Unlimited!! Enjoy!!!
Louise
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
A very enjoyable read. Mostly an adventure story with a bunch of romance and sex along the way. I read the second book in this series first and enjoyed that, so I decided to go back and read the first book, although I knew the basic outcome already, and I'm glad I did. The methods used by the expert thieves were quite ingenious. I wasn't totally convinced by the change of heart from one of the main characters, however. It seemed a bit too sudden and too much of an about-face.

I received a free
Tania
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book it was great, the story was well written and the characters were interesting. Lex is a criminal thief, she ran away to France after being in a car crash with Detective Byron Black and the jewels she stole. Luca is an Italian born thief and has his site set on a tiara he met Lex she is after the same item.
Thank you for you allowing me to review your book.

Socalgirl10
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun ride with all the drama, intrigue and romance. I do have to say that at the beginning I was rooting for Black, but how can Alex pass up Luca! I really enjoyed reading what drove each character to do what they did in the story, you could make a connection with each of them. I am looking forward to reading the next book, Black. I really felt bad for the guy and would love for him to have his happily ever after.
Biba
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
An adventurous heist book that took place all over Europe but details were not focused on the location but on the characters. This provided an opportunity to delve into the individual characters. I couldn't help but wonder while looking at the contents on that we had three main characters.

The characters all tied up together and you will be interested in knowing what made Lexy tick. ;)

Anyways a good book and I am definitely interested in reading the other series.
Mindy Martinez Borda
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting story that left me a little disappointed halfway through due to Lex's love life choices. But regardless of the outcome in the love department, the story was compelling, interesting and somehow educational if you take into account the story and the artifacts described in it. A page turner and a good start to the series.
Isabel Debono
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
A romantic suspense that keeps you interested till the end.
Lots of twists and excitement.
A heap of chemistry between the leads and enough romance to keep you satisfied.
Entertaining read.
I was given an arc for an honest review
Lisa Jolly
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book, a policeman, and 2 thief's who are intertwined. A love lost and a new love found. With twist and turns through out the book it was a well written and a joy to read.
Brenda Hook
Dec 25, 2019
Anne  Malone
Feb 12, 2020
donna sexton
Feb 07, 2020

• The Cruelest Stranger
  • Arranged: A Dark Mafia Romance
  • Beyond Measure (Ruthless Doms #2)
  • With This Ring
  • Forced to Cooperate (Mafia Masters, #3)
  • The Stopover (The Miles High Club, #1)
  • Australia
  • Tangled Promise (Sinful Truths, #4)
  • Made to Beg (Mafia Masters #5)
  • Kostya (Zinon Bratva #1)
  • Dirty Letters
  • Claimed as Revenge (Mafia Masters, #4)
  • Burned
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • Reckless Fall (Sinful Truths, #3)
  • CEO's Secret Baby
  • Accidental Shield (Marriage Mistake, #6)
  • It's Not PMS, It's You
Join the Love Lark Letter:

Sophie lives with her husband, two boys, and baby girl in the Rocky Mountain west. She writes intense, intelligent romance, with heroines who are strong and capable, and men who will do anything to capture their hearts.

She has a slight obsession with hiking, bodybuilding, and live comedy shows. Her perfect day would be taking the kids to Harry

Colors of Crime (5 books)
  • Black: A Romantic Revenge Thriller (Colors of Crime, #2)
  • Violet: A Dark Mafia Romance (Colors of Crime, #3)
  • Crimson: A Dark Mafia Romance (Colors of Crime, #4)
  • Emerald (Colors of Crime #5)