Start by marking “An Old Flame” as Want to Read:

An Old Flame

Ladies and gentlemen, if I can have your attention please?” A familiar female voice came through the speakers. The sound was smoky and alluring, but also commanding—like a teacher’s voice. I turned my head to see who was on stage, and my gut bottomed out. I felt as if a rod had just been thrown through me. It was Stephanie.

***

Seven years ago, Stephanie Renner was on top

Published October 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about An Old Flame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Old Flame

Start your review of An Old Flame
Kiki
The reason he cheated: he was curious about being with OW.
And now he’s ready to settle down after settling his curiosity
Ana Laura
Please tell me I'm not reading this ridiculous trash! These women are really going crazy! What's the matter with writing really worthwhile characters? He always loved her ??? This is a bad joke right ?? When did he love her? Before or after having his d*ck wet by other women ?? My good lord, this shit never ends!
Elizabeth
Oct 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: nope-nope-nope
Spoilers

Why even write a book about cheating if she is just going to forgive the idiot after a few run ins? This was KU so I read a bit of it, at 40% she is essentially mostly over it and had already kissed him before that. Her dad pushes him on her, it's just all ridiculous, please no one pay for this. He also keeps saying he only kissed the girl, but then it says they ended up in bed and he took her home, then he was drunk and thought it was the heroine, but then he admits he was curious
Allie
Oct 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Rochelle
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
A great second chance romance. Stephanie and Mark were engaged in college and after one drunken mistake on his part, she called it off. He never forgot about her. She was always there. 7 years later they meet up again and this could be his chance to apologize and get back with her. He always loved her. They slowly start to reconnect again but there is still a huge secret that is between them. They still have a few trust issues that they will need to work through if they ever want to make it work ...more
Suzan
Too bad there isn’t a skimmed instead of read option.
No stars
Angela
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Eh

Cliche. Didn’t get any emotions from the story. She’s so in love with him but dumps him at the drop of a hat. Then takes him back years later with almost no issues.
Melissa Best
Oct 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
The whole premise is not good. It is a very boring read. I ended up skimming the whole thing.
Jacky
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. Mark and Steph had such great chemistry at the beginning. It really felt like young love, the way it is in college. That's what made Steph's devastation so realistic.

I was surprised that she would still be so angry seven years later. It seemed strange that she wouldn't want to confront Mark about what happened at any time during that 7 year period. There was not a great deal of angst, or prolonged angst, which I appreciated.

I also could not understand why she found it so
Rozzie
Oct 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Stephanie and Mark’s life started out perfectly. Mark was starting a business which was going to make him a billionaire while Stephanie was going to be a second grade teacher. Until Mark goes to California for a meeting and does something inexcusable by kissing another woman; Stephanie is heartbroken and breaks up with Mark as soon as she finds out. Stephanie doesn’t tell Mark her secret that she is pregnant before he left but unfortunately she miscarries too. Seven years later Mark has made a ...more
Uhleeseeuh
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Didn't love this book

This was my first book by this author, and I was not impressed. I didn't like the end. The book jumped a year plus later, so it started like an epilogue. That turned into five chapters of a sexcation. It was weird and didn't fit. It honestly felt like Belle just three some last minute smex padding into the book to make it longer. I read a lot of smut, so I have no issue with lots of smex, but it felt so out of place and weird. I didn't love the book before that. There are
Ebonie
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wooooo buddy, this book was a ride. Stephanie and Mark have so many ups and downs that I was way too emotionally invested in this book by the time it was over. I really enjoyed this second chance romance, one that spanned years but felt like it never really ended to begin with. I loved watching them reconnect, watching them sort things out, watching them find each other again. The secondary characters in this story are great, too, and they rounded out the story incredibly well. If you’re looking ...more
Lisa
Oct 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-books-read
Daisy Sauceda
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whoa, this book was an emotional rollercoaster! When you read this book make sure you have tissues on hand. I loved all the characters. The main characters were Stephanie and Mark. I had a love/ hate relationship for Stephanie and felt really bad for Mark. Their relationship was up and down but loved every moment. It was a slow build of the story but well worth it at the end. There is some explosive heat that occurs which is a plus. If you are feeling emotional and need a good cry, then get this ...more
Fatima D
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not good

It was interesting at first but just got tedious as I advanced. I skimmed through most of the book hoping for something more but there was more unnecessary drivel that just made the book as a whole boring. Plus, I feel that the h just forgave the H too easily or perhaps there should have been more of an angst ridden journey towards their HEA. The H did cheat and and it had been 7 years after all. It would have been a much better if there was just ..more.
Cherye Elliott
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Old Flame

Communication. Assumptions. That is what is missing in their relationship. Took them seven years to figure it out. Enjoyed the read until I was 75% into the book. Then it was like. ..what is going on? A new character drops out of the sky at the Mall and now her life will be chronicled in another book. Very strange.

As stated, I enjoyed the storyline and the characters. Good read. Enjoy.
Debra
Nov 27, 2019 rated it liked it
An Old Flame

This is a second chance romance. They were engaged when he went with his friends to pitch some IT programs. But while there he made the biggest mistake of his life. And when she got the damming photos left him. Now seven years later he has a second chance at getting her back. Will she give him a chance?
Taylor Cauley
Oct 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Meh

Book was decent. I skimmed most of it. Starts out as third person then switches to first person at present day which confused me a bit. It’s a good feel good book. Nothing major that we didn’t see coming.
Momof3
Oct 18, 2019 rated it liked it
An old flame

This wasn’t one of my favorite books. It seemed a little bam bam for me. We first get the why they broke up and then it’s straight to being back together. Not my kind of book but might be yours.
Jamie  Leigh
Oct 12, 2019 rated it liked it
A good read

I loved the concept. And it started off wonderfully. But the ease of them getting back together, was too much. After what he did, he needed to prove to her that she could trust him. And everything after just felt too perfect. No struggle.
Susie Johnson
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
very good read of a new genre and author. Not my usual choice but it was very good. and best of all IT WAS ONE BOOK !!! I read it, Liked it, and DONE!!! NO cliffhangers NO WAIT a MONTH or more for the REST OF THE STORY. AWESOME.
Kathy
Nov 20, 2019 rated it liked it
The plot of the story was great, but I got very distracted by typos and misused words. Did the author use Dragonspeak? I like to read something out loud when proofreading; it helps catch those mistakes. I've also added Grammarly on my computer. It's a great assistant!
Sabrina Malloy
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved these two

It was terrible what happened for them to separate but it also was a good sign of forgiveness not to mention great intimate scenes. The two books mentioned in the end I actually read and they were pretty decent.
Paige Whitecotton
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awww

Stephanie and Mark have had their problems but will they work it out after all these years. Raquel’s writing style flows so freely that almost like you living it and not reading it. Can’t wait for more from her.
Elizabeth Barthelme
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I personally liked this book,it’s an emotional roller coaster,but it’s main characters are great and really good,storyline does not drag, and it’s a feel good book, so yeah read it!
I’m an arc reader and this is my honest opinion
Nancy Bibler
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not your typical exes to HEA

Great storyline, characters are believable, a different take on cheating and forgiveness.
Easy to read, hard to put down. Kudos.
Shannon Brown
Oct 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Could have been better

I enjoyed this, but like other reviewers I think the conflict between Stephanie and Mark was resolved way too quickly.
Lisa
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good second chance romance. They truly loved each other but the end was rushed. I would have liked to have see a year later.
Beth
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story. I could almost feel their connection through reading. I read an advanced readers copy and was not disappointed!
Kerry
Nov 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
Sorry but she forgave him too easily and the whole thing felt childish and flat.

• Baby's Daddy
  • Unexpected Surprise
  • Come Work For Me
  • Dive In Deep
  • Stealing the Bride
  • My Best Mistake
  • Mastering Her Curves (Small Town Protectors, #7)
  • Make Me an Offer
  • Bad Boy's Secret Baby
  • Breaker
  • Beyond Now
  • Faking It For Mr Right
  • Dream Lover (Lover Boys, #1)
  • Baby Inheritance
  • Falling For Him
  • Accidentally All Of Me
  • An Innocent Halloween (Holiday Heat #1)
  • The Love Trap (Quicksilver Book 3)